BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 3 of 220 1 2 3 4 5 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well here some proof most of the Top Gun teams won at the All American Showcase. Can't knock success

I believe the 9th grade team lost in the semi finals

Guess they have to get some more out of state players for their team

only 2 out of how many teams like 8 won..

Watching several games at the All American Showcase I was impressed on how well the girls for the Top Guns played as a team. Sure there were one or two girls that stood out but they did not rely on them to win. It was a team effort that won. All the girls on the Top Guns teams had equal skills and could play the game. No, their coaches are not “Lazy” This pasted weekend shows there is some valor to the Top Guns Organization and the person who blog that statement should retract it. It was notIntelligent on his/her part to print that. As far as the availability of the coaches I don’t think any of the parents or players seem to mind. They all know that an education come first and there was always a qualified coach in the winter and early spring.

Now for the 9th grade team statement, the Top Guns have two 9th grade 2015 teams and one of them won the championship. Your statement shows the immaturity you bring to the game. Grow up it seems your kids are more mature than you.

So thats like 4 out 8 teams not bad.

No, 2 out of 7 won

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2016 team did not lose my daughter is on the team and is wearing a gold medal

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2015 are graduating 8 th graders going into 9 th do the math

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they on via braveheart in an awesome game 2016 website had info wrong

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if 2018, 2016 and 2015 won that's 3 out of 7 not bad. What about the 2017,2014 and 2013?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
So if 2018, 2016 and 2015 won that's 3 out of 7 not bad. What about the 2017,2014 and 2013?
Apparently, there is some confusion on the All-American results site with game numbers in some of the semifinals and finals.

In summary, the Top Guns web site is calling out the following final results :

2014 Black All American Showcase Champions
2014 Purple All American Showcase Finalists
2015 Black All American Showcase Champions
2016 Black All American Showcase Champions
2017 Black All American Showcase Finalists
2018 Black All American Showcase Champions

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Watching several games at the All American Showcase I was impressed on how well the girls for the Top Guns played as a team. Sure there were one or two girls that stood out but they did not rely on them to win. It was a team effort that won. All the girls on the Top Guns teams had equal skills and could play the game. No, their coaches are not “Lazy”.
Over the last week, BOTC has watched the discussion with interest on the concept of college students coming back to teach in the Top Guns program as it is something relatively unique in either the Lacrosse or Soccer worlds. When we spoke with the Top Guns staff while booking their summer camps (see the Portal Page today, Monday), we spent a great deal of time talking about the Top Gun program's mission and focus.

While the Top Guns staff might not have the collegiate reach of the Yellow Jackets program, it was clear to BOTC that the goals set for this summer's programs are consistent with increasing knowledge of the game for a reasonable price point.

College achievements of individual players do not necessarily translate into coaching ability. Surely, some of these young folks are learning the art of teaching at the same time they are training the Top Guns players. That said, if you want to know a bit more about the coaching staff for the program, please click here for direct access to more information.

Remember, we established BOTC to increase the visibility on Long Island of both lacrosse, the game, and lacrosse, the business. Your views?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think being a parent of a Top Gun players, the coaching staff is excellent. The coaching staff is professional yet fun which is what it is about also. They impart their personal experiences with the game into their coaching abilities. I think any travel team should fit into what style you think would best suit your child. It shouldn't be about parents fighting about which travel team is better. Each and every are different in their own ways. As far as the college connections, well I think if your child is gifted they will make a name for themselves

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I predict many many more girls going to Top Gun this coming year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, with 6 out of 8 teams going to the finals and 4 out of 8 winning the championship this past tournament I would agree. However if it not broke don’t fix it. These teams played well and the girls meshed well. If you have an open fill it but don’t change it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, with 6 out of 8 teams going to the finals and 4 out of 8 winning the championship this past tournament I would agree. However if it not broke don’t fix it. These teams played well and the girls meshed well. If you have an open fill it but don’t change it.

Any other top teams in the tourney? M and D? Skywalkers? Yellow Jackets? etc..? It is great the teams did well, but the competition matters if you are going to talk about how great the teams are doing.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The full listing of Champions and Finalists from the All American Showcase follows. For a full listing of all teams that participated, you will need to refer to the tournament web site.

Division (AAS), Champions, Finalists

Girls MS Champions, LI Top Guns 2016 Black, BBL Elite Terps
Girls MS Elite, Junior Wildcats, LI Top Guns 17 Black
Girls MS Premier, LI Top Guns 2018 Black, Motion V2018
Girls SR A-OPEN Champions, Capital 2013 Blue, Heros 2013
Girls SR A-OPEN Elite, Metro Blue 2013, Skywalkers 13 Blue
Girls SR A-OPEN Platinum, Brandywine Majors 2013, Team 91 2013
Girls SR A-OPEN Premier, SEPA 2013 White, Team 91 (Hills)
Girls SR A-OPEN Ultimate, Mongoose, Wildcat Elite Purple
Girls SR A-OPEN Zenith, Carolina Fever White, Quickstix
Girls SR B Champions, TLC 2014, PA Express 2014 Orange
Girls SR B Elite, LI Top Guns 2014 Black, BBL Elite 2014
Girls SR B Platinum, Dynamite 2014, LI Top Guns 14 Purple
Girls SR B Select, LI Top Guns 2015 Black, Relentless Hustle 2015 Black
Girls SR B Ultimate, Pittsburgh Select 2014, Relax 2014-15
Girls SR B Zenith, BBL Elite 2015 Black, Team 91 2015 Orange

Division (Champions), Champions, Finalists

Girls Champions Champions, M+D, CheckHers Elite
Girls Champions Elite, TLC White, Long Island Express
Girls Champions Premier, X-Treme 2012, Relentless Hustle 2012 Black
Girls Champions Select, Ohio Premier, New Lax
Girls Champions Ultimate, Looney's, Rebels

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop fooling yourselves!! All the good teams went
To charm city and ocean city tourney.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop fooling yourselves!! All the good teams went
To charm city and ocean city tourney.

OK!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must have a kid who is not so good or you would welcome better players around her. Any good organization will only look to get better, even if it means your kid goes.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

You must have a kid who is not so good or you would welcome better players around her. Any good organization will only look to get better, even if it means your kid goes.

Hmm, that's what I was thinking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any other top teams in the tourney? M and D? Skywalkers? Yellow Jackets? etc..? It is great the teams did well, but the competition matters if you are going to talk about how great the teams are doing.

Not trying to poke holes, but you can't talk about championships if your team is in a B division. It is like winning the NIT in basketball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No I’m not that self-centered such as you. It really has nothing to do with the playing ability of the girls. It’s the amount of fun the girls have off the field. It’s the tail gate and pizza parties at the hotels, it’s the families of all the teams just having a good time. It’s fun. Coming from the YJ two years ago, we never did things like that. Frankly the YJ’s seemed snobbish.

Oh, how’s 91 working out for you Powderfinger? A little unorganized.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Yup, unorganized. I'm getting timely emails but am pretty sure if I contacted them with a question there'd be no response. LOL Very happy with the coaches we have, though, no complaints there. Also happy with the other girls and parents on the team. All is good except the admin level, which is widely known by all 91 parents to be unreachable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Yup, unorganized. I'm getting timely emails but am pretty sure if I contacted them with a question there'd be no response. LOL Very happy with the coaches we have, though, no complaints there. Also happy with the other girls and parents on the team. All is good except the admin level, which is widely known by all 91 parents to be unreachable.

Actually I heard very good thing about your coach, nice job on the semifinals too bad about the weather. Good luck in the future. ---<#)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Um I am responding to the comment about the kids on Top Guns not being that good. Well, 2 i know won All County All Division and All Tournament.. Once again notIntelligent statements

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Um I am responding to the comment about the kids on Top Guns not being that good. Well, 2 i know won All County All Division and All Tournament.. Once again notIntelligent statements

Yeah that's great, yellow jackets had over 20 all division and about 30 all county, 8 all tournament so you guys keep trying

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Yeah that's great, yellow jackets had over 20 all division and about 30 all county, 8 all tournament so you guys keep trying

It's remarks like that that just keep the YJ love coming. <rolling eyes>

Last edited by Powderfinger; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not bad for 1,000 YJ girls...2%, 3% and less than 1% of the rosters...

Impressive, keep up the good work...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lol. Yes all those YJ elementary and middle school kids should be ashamed of themselves for not making All County!! Your math is rediculous. Actually there were some YJ middle school kids honored as All Division,All County and All tournament! There are good players in both organizations. More in the Yellow Jackets. So what.If you are happy being with Top Gun. Enjoy yourself! Why such anger towards the kids on YJ's? "they are taught to swing sticks,play aggressive etc.." They are a successful organization with good players. It is always easy to hate the "Top Dog" but remember they are all kids who love to play the game too. It is ok to want to beat them but everyone needs to respect each other(including the parents)! Last year one of the tournaments the Top gun teams had tatoo's of yellow Jackets with knives or saw's going through them(a little over the top in my opinion).Remember Competition is good. It makes everyone better. Maybe there will be more maryland teams coming here for tournaments instead of us going on the road all the time. Be safe and enjoy your summers. What ever team you play for!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I said those were three i know of. You are really a superb notIntelligent comment maker. OOOh the Yellow Jackets... we are so scared of them. Funny Top Guns plays quality lacrosse not dirty lacrosse. Because our girls are ladies not men.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You also have multiple teams so your owner gets more bang for her buck. I will look for quality not quantity any day. Good Luck to you I can see your one of "those" parents.. embarrasing .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i agree with your statement YJ parent thank you. But in all fairness in tournaments with your girls it was down and dirty as well. Just be happy with the teams you are on and what you chose. Your daughters will shine if they are stars whether YJ or Top Guns. Have a safe summer as well!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

It's remarks like that that just keep the YJ love coming. <rolling eyes>

Just commenting on top gun statement

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah the 3rd graders don't usually make all county!
If you take all the lax clubs on long island more all division and all county and all American players come from yj more than the other teams combined. This is not counting nassau county, look at garden city where most of those fantastic players all are yj and st. Anthonys where a few of them go to. Trust me yj produces the most impressive mat of talented players hence the huge numbers at tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lol. Yes all those YJ elementary and middle school kids should be ashamed of themselves for not making All County!! Your math is rediculous. Actually there were some YJ middle school kids honored as All Division,All County and All tournament! There are good players in both organizations. More in the Yellow Jackets. So what.If you are happy being with Top Gun. Enjoy yourself! Why such anger towards the kids on YJ's? "they are taught to swing sticks,play aggressive etc.." They are a successful organization with good players. It is always easy to hate the "Top Dog" but remember they are all kids who love to play the game too. It is ok to want to beat them but everyone needs to respect each other(including the parents)! Last year one of the tournaments the Top gun teams had tatoo's of yellow Jackets with knives or saw's going through them(a little over the top in my opinion).Remember Competition is good. It makes everyone better. Maybe there will be more maryland teams coming here for tournaments instead of us going on the road all the time. Be safe and enjoy your summers. What ever team you play for!

Just my 2 cents, I agree with you if your happy with the team good and god bless, but you hit the nail on the head by saying "They are taught to swing sticks, play aggressive etc...” The anger is NOT towards the kids but rather on how the YJ organization is training. There taught to swing sticks, NOT to control sticks. There taught to be aggressive towards their opponents and NOT to the ball. So they swing their sticks at their opponent to get the ball. A little over the top don’t you think. Sounds like boy’s lacrosse to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just my 2 cents, I agree with you if your happy with the team good and god bless, but you hit the nail on the head by saying "They are taught to swing sticks, play aggressive etc...” The anger is NOT towards the kids but rather on how the YJ organization is training. There taught to swing sticks, NOT to control sticks. There taught to be aggressive towards their opponents and NOT to the ball. So they swing their sticks at their opponent to get the ball. A little over the top don’t you think. Sounds like boy’s lacrosse to me.

I should say their allowed to swing their sticks and allowed to be aggressive towards their opponent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wasn't saying that they swing their sticks uncontrollably. I was paraphrasing a previous post(assuming by a Top Gun parent).I think the YJ teams are very different from each other. Some play harder than others.By no means do I see ANY coach teaching the kids to play illlegally. Do some teams have pressure double teaming defenses that resemble the boys game, absolutely! Is it within the rules? Absolutely! I don't think parents from other clubs are comfortable with their kids being under that much constant pressure. If you watched garden City this year, that is what impressed me about that group. They pressured out on the ball and never let anyone get comfortable. Many of the YJ teams do the same thing. I have not seen any coaches telling the kids to slash, poke check etc..If so, how are these kids surviving in HS with the 2 yellow card rule? It is almost like if a girl plays as hard as she can, people say she "plays like a boy". Why are the girls suppose to sit back and ease up ? Because they are girls? The game is suppose to look prettier? These kids are athletes, let them play like a athletes.Not illegally but intensely.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wasn't saying that they swing their sticks uncontrollably. I was paraphrasing a previous post(assuming by a Top Gun parent).I think the YJ teams are very different from each other. Some play harder than others.By no means do I see ANY coach teaching the kids to play illlegally. Do some teams have pressure double teaming defenses that resemble the boys game, absolutely! Is it within the rules? Absolutely! I don't think parents from other clubs are comfortable with their kids being under that much constant pressure. If you watched garden City this year, that is what impressed me about that group. They pressured out on the ball and never let anyone get comfortable. Many of the YJ teams do the same thing. I have not seen any coaches telling the kids to slash, poke check etc..If so, how are these kids surviving in HS with the 2 yellow card rule? It is almost like if a girl plays as hard as she can, people say she "plays like a boy". Why are the girls suppose to sit back and ease up ? Because they are girls? The game is suppose to look prettier? These kids are athletes, let them play like a athletes.Not illegally but intensely.

We’re getting closer to an agreement. Yes I have seen Garden City and I loved how they pressured and doubled teamed the ball and that’s good. May be it’s the transition from rising stars / JV to HS Varsity. I have seen and was told by younger players on the YJ that they were told to do anything to stop the play. Take the penalty so that other girls can position them self for better defense. If that’s the case, than they are being taught to win at all cost and not the game and control. Call me old fashion but at the rising stars / JV level the game and control should be taught.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do you consider JV level? Many of these kids are playing Varsity by 7th or 8th grade!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are the next tryouts for Top Guns being held?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do you consider JV level? Many of these kids are playing Varsity by 7th or 8th grade!

Graduation years 2016, 2015 and 2014, some schools only allow 9th graders and up to play varsity. Why do you ask?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When is the next YJ tryouts!! Dont want
To miss that!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well u want to know how those crazy stick swinging YJ kids
End up? Well tues night in Suffolk they were all All Americans!! Go YJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When is the next YJ tryouts!! Dont want
To miss that!!!

You must have a ton of money. All the YJ's are good for is taking money are charging more fees. Adopt me please.

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 220 1 2 3 4 5 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard