BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,910
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 160 of 327 1 2 158 159 160 161 162 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
what age topguns beat Yj this year in Maryland?

YJ blue ?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what age topguns won national draw, beating YJ, skywalkers and M&D.

2020 Black

so the 202 topguns black is better than YJ blue , M&D and Skywalkers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you have to put topguns on the same level as YJ, MD and skywalkers because at some ages topguns beats these teams.

AA tg, yj, md, skywalkers

B, C everyone else

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe to put it in a more regional/national context it would look like this:

AA YJ, Sky walkers, M&D etc

A Top Guns

B Elevate and Liberty

C All other teams

Point being their a few super elite teams and YJ is one of them. TG as a whole is next step down but still competes at a high level outside LI.

Fair?

Yes but I still think that Liberty has some C teams and there are a lot of LI clubs I have seen that would not be C but actually D teams. Teams such as Icon, beach bums, jesters, some 91 teams, fl$, etc. that would be in a D category. And while you write (etc) in the AA group I don't think many other teams would be added to that category.

I don't think Icon should be in the '91 catagory. They beat TG at the Hofstra tourny and looked very good. My daughter does not play for them, yet. But I can say after a few years that 91 is done. Darcy is awesome but they don't have the talent to take the girls to the next level.

Really, the 91 Teams are just awful!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes this is accurate because its on the internet !

Maybe to put it in a more regional/national context it would look like this:

AA YJ, Sky walkers, M&D etc

A Top Guns

B Elevate and Liberty

C All other teams

Point being their a few super elite teams and YJ is one of them. TG as a whole is next step down but still competes at a high level outside LI.

Fair?

I think that's very accurate. Well done.

As I heard a TG parent say this summer, "Don't believe anything you hear from a YellowJack-[lacrosse] parent".

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what age topguns won national draw, beating YJ, skywalkers and M&D.

2020 Black

what age topguns won national draw, beating YJ, sky-walkers and M&D.

2020 Black

Yup beat them all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can not list just yellow jackets. I think to be accurate you need to state blue. As a tg parent, I agree your top team is awesome but the others, not so much.

The college coaches don't seem to agree. Look at the commitments.

Yes, you should look at the commitments and the percentage in each age group. If you have 5 teams at 1 age group and only the top 2 teams with great commitments the percentage is pretty poor for that age group. As opposed to 2 teams that have almost full commitments. It is funny how you forget about those 3rd, 4th and 5th teams as if they don't exist in your organization.

You said you could only list YJ blue as a top team. I said coaches disagree. So you know are saying the top 2 teams have great commitments. So are you disagreeing with yourself? fool!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can not list just yellow jackets. I think to be accurate you need to state blue. As a tg parent, I agree your top team is awesome but the others, not so much.

Yes, you should look at the commitments and the percentage in each age group. If you have 5 teams at 1 age group and only the top 2 teams with great commitments the percentage is pretty poor for that age group. As opposed to 2 teams that have almost full commitments. It is funny how you forget about those 3rd, 4th and 5th teams as if they don't exist in your organization.

And what you forget is that their are not 5 teams at the recruiting age. At leastake an accurate statement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And what you forget is that their are not 5 teams at the recruiting age. At leastake an accurate statement.

How many do they have, and what is the actual %, and how does that % compare with other clubs, also , how is the quality of the schools?. Excellent point made by the poster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry about the auto correct. Not so correct.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many do they have, and what is the actual %, and how does that % compare with other clubs, also , how is the quality of the schools?. Excellent point made by the poster.

M&D only has two teams. For their 2015, their Red "B" team is 85% committed to play in college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NO, TG beat YJ's Gold team not Blue. YJ Blue lost to M&D.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NO, TG beat YJ's Gold team not Blue. YJ Blue lost to M&D.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Blue also lost to Elevate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is not accurate, the 2020 YJ Blue Team beat Elevate by double digit goals at ND. They only lost to M&D.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is not accurate, the 2020 YJ Blue Team beat Elevate by double digit goals at ND. They only lost to M&D.

Elevate 2017 Blue beat both YJ Blue & YJ Gold at Northern Rise

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daddy can beat up your daddy !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yet elevate lost to the younger YJ 2018 Blue team in the semis in Denver when elevate certainly made sure ALL of their elite players were there. Then lost to YJ 2017 Gold in the 3rd place 2 hours later.

They have no shot against a full staff yj2017 blue team. At Rise 5 YJ starters were not even there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh Yeah well my house is bigger then your house

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My Range Rover has more bling appeal then your escalade with the YJ sticker on back window !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Omg. You people are freaks. No wonder clubs don't want to do girls leagues. Wow. Get a job, volunteer somewhere....but for the sake of humanity. Close your mouths . You sound like a group of simple minded long islanders

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MY TG house is bigger than your YJ Trailer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While I can appreciate the humor with which this is being written, on a serious note when speaking of clubs, putting the crazy antics of all clubs aside, if the goal is to become a better lacrosse player and get seen by colleges if that is the goal of your child, the facts are there are already nine 2017 YJs committed to D1 schools compared to none for TGs. That doesn't mean TG athletes will not be picked up, of course they will, but the majority of commitments are YJ players. Out of the 7 US U19 players selected, I believe most are YJs, I know this is not the end-all be-all but YJs are heavily recruited and if I was looking for a place to have my daughter get started in travel I would ignore all the negativity and go where most athletes are being recruited

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While I can appreciate the humor with which this is being written, on a serious note when speaking of clubs, putting the crazy antics of all clubs aside, if the goal is to become a better lacrosse player and get seen by colleges if that is the goal of your child, the facts are there are already nine 2017 YJs committed to D1 schools compared to none for TGs. That doesn't mean TG athletes will not be picked up, of course they will, but the majority of commitments are YJ players. Out of the 7 US U19 players selected, I believe most are YJs, I know this is not the end-all be-all but YJs are heavily recruited and if I was looking for a place to have my daughter get started in travel I would ignore all the negativity and go where most athletes are being recruited

Agreed if your universe revolves around your kid playing lacrosse 24 x7 and going to college for lacrosse YJ's are probably for you. Just make sure you are picking a school that fits your kids academic and social needs because most people on here don't realize that lacrosse does end after college and for the vast majority it ends before they even finish college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True if you're on blue team. If not, good luck getting help with recruiting!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True if you're on blue team. If not, good luck getting help with recruiting!

You do realize there is quite a bit of BULLSPIT on all the travel teams committed pages don't you? Some that say committed never even join the college team and many others don't play the full 4 years. I believe the YJ's actually have a girl committed to a college that doesn't even have a varsity lacrosse team. Tell me how that works? Just say she is going to college!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting time of year as we approach Fall when those looking to gain even more CR favor sign up for all the off season tournaments to line her pockets. Notice how the fall sign ups are in advance of tryouts which makes everyone join

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I would to see some examples. I have been keeping track of the success of YJ players in their college years (I most recently did the 2013 class on another BOTC thread). The 2013 class I just compiled was 100% active at their schools; the only players not to play were due to injury. The one example of not having a varsity team may be a new program; Michigan played their first season this year but began recruiting once they decided to field a team which was several years ago.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
That may be true but fall tournaments are great recruiting days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
That may be true but fall tournaments are great recruiting days.

for 5th graders?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My thoughts exactly...
Reading this forum is making me think twice about getting involved in any of these teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting time of year as we approach Fall when those looking to gain even more CR favor sign up for all the off season tournaments to line her pockets. Notice how the fall sign ups are in advance of tryouts which makes everyone join

Go get a life you loser. Not everyone joins so you get many mixed teams , both in age and from different teams within an age.Many people want to continue to play in the fall and this gives them the chance unlike many other clubs that soon as the season ends so does their support. Go back to your TG team and be coached by some college kids who have gone back to school, now it seems TG has no more coaches left.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go get a life you loser. Not everyone joins so you get many mixed teams , both in age and from different teams within an age.Many people want to continue to play in the fall and this gives them the chance unlike many other clubs that soon as the season ends so does their support. Go back to your TG team and be coached by some college kids who have gone back to school, now it seems TG has no more coaches left.

The optimistic view is kids keep playing which is priority #1 in the fall with new kids and that a 4th-7th grader gets a look to be recruited LOL. The pessimistic view is that this is a money maker and brown nosing season which raises your child's standing in the club before next seasons summer teams are chosen.

Great to keep playing but you have to acknowledge that it does affect club politics

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The optimistic view is kids keep playing which is priority #1 in the fall with new kids and that a 4th-7th grader gets a look to be recruited LOL. The pessimistic view is that this is a money maker and brown nosing season which raises your child's standing in the club before next seasons summer teams are chosen.

Great to keep playing but you have to acknowledge that it does affect club politics

Actually I do not think it has any affect. Have 2 daughters that play and can honestly say I have never seen who plays fall ball have any affect on their team placement, what town you are from has does have an affect. Has a kid that plays a lot of ball in the fall gotten moved up before, I am sure it has happened but maybe the kid improved or had a good tryout because of all the playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fall tournaments are a great indicator of where your child will be placed next summer. The blue kids that are playing on the mixed teams will be dropped or are on the bubble.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What coach left top guns

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fall tournaments are a great indicator of where your child will be placed next summer. The blue kids that are playing on the mixed teams will be dropped or are on the bubble.

Completely false

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG black vs Yj blue YJ 3 ages better, TG 3 ages better, seems like both clubs are awful close to each other. These 2 clubs are the cream of the crop. Maryland eat your heart out..

2015 age YJ
2016 age TG
2017 age YJ
2018 age YJ
2019 age TG
2020 age TG

Please leave your feedback and keep it clean. be civil.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2016 beat TG at every major Tourney

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely false

100% true

Like Reply Quote
Page 160 of 327 1 2 158 159 160 161 162 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard