BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,803
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Oyster Bay Lacrosse League - Spring League Registration
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo has available to all the parents and kids the birth dates of all Igloo players. Some tournaments require birth dates. Word gets around fast when birth dates are provided for these tournaments and kids talk and are friends. It is not a secret. I happen to be friends with many Igloo parents and my son is friends with many more of the kids. What is said above about all of them except for 1 or 2 kids being 11 is true. Igloo parents won't deny it. The truth is the truth. Nothing wrong with the kids being older so long as they are born after 8/31/02 which they ALL are. To defend Igloo parents most don't think it is inspiring to beat kids that are mostly 10 years old and the Igloo kids are 11. That is just one person who does not speak for the majority.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son has been 11 since December, he is in 5th gradr, he doe not play for Igloo, he plays 2021. Probably half the 5th graders are 11 right now. WHat the [lacrosse] is your point? I know 12 year olds left back who play on 2021 teams.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Igloo 5/6 grade team (most of them already 11 years old) is closer in age to 91 2020 Crush then to 91 2021 Heat or any other 2021 team. When Igloo beats top teams that are similar age to them it will be nice but still not "inspiring".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are you so angry? Point is older kids will have an advantage. Does not mean they will be better then a younger kid. If you don't understand that I don't know how to explain it. Many Igloo kids were 11 by the second month of this year. The best players were born in 2002.
My son has been 11 since December, he is in 5th gradr, he doe not play for Igloo, he plays 2021. Probably half the 5th graders are 11 right now. WHat the [lacrosse] is your point? I know 12 year olds left back who play on 2021 teams.
Igloo 5/6 grade team (most of them already 11 years old) is closer in age to 91 2020 Crush then to 91 2021 Heat or any other 2021 team. When Igloo beats top teams that are similar age to them it will be nice but still not "inspiring".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm glad this topic is all about lacrosse and not about parents complaining and crying.

Thank God!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't mind my son playing against teams like Igloo because then I can judge how he is progressing. What the sense of winning 19-2 against less skilled teams? When they get to middle school and then HS, the boys on the other teams ( and his) will be sometimes 2 or 3 , maybe 4 years older. I say bring on the tougher competition and challenge other boys.
It will only make some boys better.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't mind my son playing against teams like Igloo because then I can judge how he is progressing. What the sense of winning 19-2 against less skilled teams? When they get to middle school and then HS, the boys on the other teams ( and his) will be sometimes 2 or 3 , maybe 4 years older. I say bring on the tougher competition and challenge other boys.

Exactly, but when teams lose they can't process the loss and cry foul. Just play the damm game, root for your kids and stop highlighting the negatives.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or when you win brag it is inspiring.

Exactly, but when teams lose they can't process the loss and cry foul. Just play the damm game, root for your kids and stop highlighting the negatives.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NCAA @ Hofstra = No OB games this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, Maryland playing this weekend = no OBLL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IS there OBLL games this Saturday or what?? Hello????

No, Maryland playing this weekend = no OBLL

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe

2018 Jesters vs Terps on Sunday. So I guess there are some games being played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe

Jesters, typo before anyone starts throwing eggs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe

Where and when ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe

Where and when ?

Why? Nothing to do? Want to go to game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone advise if any 2019 teams have been playing this Spring in the OBL league ? Have not seen any schedules listed on their web site.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NOT HAVING A SCHEDULE FOR THE SEASON MADE IT VERY DIFFICULT FOR PARENTS, AND KIDS INVOLVED IN OTHER ACTIVITIES (AND LIFE IN GENERAL). I HOPE THIS YEAR WAS AN EXPERIMENT AND SCHEDULES WILL BE POSTED NEXT YEAR.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NOT HAVING A SCHEDULE FOR THE SEASON MADE IT VERY DIFFICULT FOR PARENTS, AND KIDS INVOLVED IN OTHER ACTIVITIES (AND LIFE IN GENERAL). I HOPE THIS YEAR WAS AN EXPERIMENT AND SCHEDULES WILL BE POSTED NEXT YEAR.

you're obviously new to this so we will forgive you. There hasn't been a schedule for the season the last 3 years we have played in it so don't get your hopes up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have there been 2019 OBL games this spring ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe

Where and when ?

Why? Nothing to do? Want to go to game?
yeah maybe I do, what is it to you ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Were there ANY OBL games this Spring , in ANY age group ? ? ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Writting in caps won't make it better. This is how it works. Only game in town and they adjust for tournaments and requests.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Refunds ??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only game in town ? What as a director of a team I can't contact another team and set up a game. ? Why not ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop , it isn't even a league. Lost its luster. Like another big name.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only game in town ? What as a director of a team I can't contact another team and set up a game. ? Why not ?

Anyone can. Very few do!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What grade and team post it a your contact I am sure you will get calls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great job by Hofstra hosting a sell-out crowd for the NCAA Quarterfinals. Great weather, great lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to the Malverne Lacrosse Club and Team Igloo for giving their kids a memorable experience playing at the halftimes of the quarterfinals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to the Malverne Lacrosse Club and Team Igloo for giving their kids a memorable experience playing at the halftimes of the quarterfinals.

We pulled into Hofstra and saw a huge tailgate party hosted by team igloo. Pretty amazing. Not sure if the families pay for that but there were tents and banners and tons of kids playing fiddle stix, then the igloo kids were on the field at halftime. Regardless great day of lax watching at Hofstra

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We pulled into Hofstra and saw a huge tailgate party hosted by team igloo. Pretty amazing. Not sure if the families pay for that but there were tents and banners and tons of kids playing fiddle stix, then the igloo kids were on the field at halftime. Regardless great day of lax watching at Hofstra

Oh my god here we go again. Dude their was tailgating everywhere that day all different clubs and towns. Stop tooting your own horn. Enough already no one cares you are not relevant

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh my god here we go again. Dude their was tailgating everywhere that day all different clubs and towns. Stop tooting your own horn. Enough already no one cares you are not relevant

There, not their you idiot and don't blame it on spell check, moron. I was at Hofstra and saw no other club teams tailgating. Maybe you was over thare with da othha tailgatas bein relevent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your not sure if the Igloo families pay? They pay $2300 to play for Igloo after that you are asked to make a large team "donation" an amount of which if I stated here would be so high no one would believe it. I don't think any parent on any other team pay as much as the average Igloo parent pays. Just calm down with the self-promotion because with this team there is not that much to like.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son has played for igloo for 3 years. Never been asked to make a donation. The Hofstra tailgate was not an extra charge. The kids get a ton of gear , there are no extra charges for anything else, period. Yes it costs around $2,300 maybe that's a lot I am not sure relative to othet organizations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Outlaws had a huge tailgate. I saw an Express tailgate too. There was a tournament before the NCAA's, if you went out to the grass fields you would have seen 15-20 tents with various teams. Open eyes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For $2300 you should get some gear and a few hot dogs!!!

Seems fair

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most are asked to make a large donation. If your not asked it means your kid is one of the top players or they know you can't afford it.
My son has played for igloo for 3 years. Never been asked to make a donation. The Hofstra tailgate was not an extra charge. The kids get a ton of gear , there are no extra charges for anything else, period. Yes it costs around $2,300 maybe that's a lot I am not sure relative to othet organizations.

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard