BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,090
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 83 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Originally Posted by Anonymous
What a mess in D1

Sach E beats Northport upset
EI beats WB upset
WI beats MC badly

W Islip bye
Hauppauge bye
Northport bye
Mid C bye

Smith W
Sach E
Bayshore
W Bab
W Melv
Smith E
Sach N
Longwood

Sach E, Bayshore, w bab, w melv could change....

Even west islip would tell you that refs did such a [lacrosse]-poor job of officiating that MC got screwed a lot. Probably caused them an extra 3-4 goals. Taking nothing away from WI They are very good but refs definitely factored in an advantage tonight. Non-calls especially. Not an excuse - just be fair refs!

Its funny how parents blame refs for losses in girls lax. Thats because 90% of parents do not know the rules for girls lax. If parents read the rule book they might get a better understanding of the game. Parents dont feel bad, Many coaches don't know the rules either. The rules in girls lax are very difficult for you to grasp, its not like any other sport. Its not black and white.

Parents blame the refs in ALL sports, with both genders. Sometimes there is some merit there, I have certainly seen games where the reffing seemed biased. Life isn't fair, and I always figured that in the grand scheme of things sometimes you get the calls and sometimes you don't.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even west islip would tell you that refs did such a [lacrosse]-poor job of officiating that MC got screwed a lot.

West Islip wont say anything. they won, you lost , refs were fine, winners love them, losers cry about them, stop already.

winners dont complain about refs....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the playoffs about to start it looks like 14 teams may make section 11 D1 playoffs. A couple of years back they changed the rule that all .500 teams made the playoffs . If that is still the case 14 are in.

Not in girls lax, do your research before making a comment like this. You made a stupid comment.

Not a stupid comment just misinformed. When the league was just starting in Suffolk County until about 2000-2002, yes teams that were .500 automatically made it. I played lax from 96-2000 and there were only 16 teams competing in Suffolk County. So the teams that were .500 and above wound up being the top half of the bracket for the most part. Now with this many teams in divisions, not everyone plays each other, so a .500 record would not be fair as strengths of schedule are all different.

and you used a wood stick, and no boundaries. welcome to 2014

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the playoffs about to start it looks like 14 teams may make section 11 D1 playoffs. A couple of years back they changed the rule that all .500 teams made the playoffs . If that is still the case 14 are in.

Not in girls lax, do your research before making a comment like this. You made a stupid comment.

Not a stupid comment just misinformed. When the league was just starting in Suffolk County until about 2000-2002, yes teams that were .500 automatically made it. I played lax from 96-2000 and there were only 16 teams competing in Suffolk County. So the teams that were .500 and above wound up being the top half of the bracket for the most part. Now with this many teams in divisions, not everyone plays each other, so a .500 record would not be fair as strengths of schedule are all different.

Real classy. I said nothing wrong in my comment. Just simply stated thats were the .500 discussion USED TO come into play. No longer the case. Stop trolling and making pointless comments on posts.

You are right, the game of lacrosse has changed a lot since the 90's, however, there were and always will be people like you.

Enjoy your day!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pocahontas isn't in Kansas anymore, right Toto?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a mess in D1

EI beats WB upset
WI beats MC badly

W Islip bye
Hauppauge bye
Northport bye
Mid C bye

Smith W
Sach E
Bayshore
W Bab
W Melv
Smith E
Sach N
Longwood

Even west islip would tell you that refs did such a [lacrosse]-poor job of officiating that MC got screwed a lot. Probably caused them an extra 3-4 goals. Taking nothing away from WI They are very good but refs definitely factored in an advantage tonight. Non-calls especially. Not an excuse - just be fair refs!

What were some of the bad calls/non calls?

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

What a mess in D1

EI beats WB upset
WI beats MC badly

W Islip bye
Hauppauge bye
Northport bye
Mid C bye

Smith W
Sach E
Bayshore
W Bab
W Melv
Smith E
Sach N
Longwood

Its funny how parents blame refs for losses in girls lax. Thats because 90% of parents do not know the rules for girls lax. If parents read the rule book they might get a better understanding of the game. Parents dont feel bad, Many coaches don't know the rules either. The rules in girls lax are very difficult for you to grasp, its not like any other sport. Its not black and white.

Parents blame the refs in ALL sports, with both genders. Sometimes there is some merit there, I have certainly seen games where the reffing seemed biased. Life isn't fair, and I always figured that in the grand scheme of things sometimes you get the calls and sometimes you don't.

Officiating is scrutinized by fans and coaches at all levels, even professional levels. Blaming refs is fundamental to all sports--and what makes sports great. Do you really want to go to the replay on every play?

Someone also mentioned elsewhere in this thread parents do not understand girls lacrosse rules that well. This is very true. Some of the comments I hear on the sidelines are ill informed and funny at times. But again, that is what makes sports great!!

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
FINAL STANDINGS
DIV I

West Islip 14-0-0 16-0-0 187.140
Hauppauge 11-3-0 12-3-0 150.710
Northport 10-4-0 10-6-0 150.000
Middle Country 10-4-0 11-5-0 144.990

Sachem East 9-5-0 10-5-0 139.280
Bay Shore 9-5-0 9-5-0 137.140
Smithtown West 10-4-0 11-5-0 135.900
West Babylon 8-6-0 10-6-0 128.570
Ward Melville 8-6-0 9-6-0 127.140
Smithtown East 9-5-0 11-5-0 124.480
Sachem North 9-5-0 9-7-0 115.190
Longwood 9-5-0 10-6-0 113.050

Heres how it happened
Northport drops to 3 with loss to Sachm E
Sachem E moves up to 5 with win
Smith W drops to 7 for doing nothing
Bayshore moves up to 6 for beating Ward Melville
West Babylon drops to 8 loss to East Islip
Ward Melville drops a spot with loss to Bayshore

Longwood at Sachem E
Sachem N at Bay shore
Smith East at Smith West
Ward Melville at West Babylon

This is a great bracket with some great match ups.

Smithtown East vs Smithtown West--they played a great non-league game at the end of the season.

Ward Melville vs West Babylon--A great 8-9 matchup

Sachem North vs Bay Shore--Bay Shore has their mojo back, it seems, but Sachem North can score. Also, if Sachem North can pull off the upset, the next round game is YJ protege vs YJ Queen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you kidding me, Ward Melville lit them up just last week, by 14 goals... ""Come On Man"" Ward Melville wins by 10.

Sachem North vs Bay Shore--Bay Shore has their mojo back, it seems, but Sachem North can score. Also, if Sachem North can pull off the upset, the next round game is YJ protege vs YJ Queen.

Never ever ever happen in a million years. Bayshore wins by 12.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
FINAL STANDINGS
DIV I

Heres how it happened

Longwood at Sachem E
Sachem N at Bay shore
Smith East at Smith West

Smithtown East vs Smithtown West--they played a great non-league game at the end of the season.

I know Bay Shore may have gotten their mojo back; not sure how much of a stretch but would be great to see a little border war for the title. BS vs WI.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you kidding me, Ward Melville lit them up just last week, by 14 goals... ""Come On Man"" Ward Melville wins by 10.

Fortunately for Ward Melville, West Babylon top player is injured. if healthy, the outcome would be substantially different. That being said, WM and Bayshore each should win by at least 10.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Section xi for the next few years... Please try and schedule girls game on one day and the boys on another. Why put them both on the same day?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D1 playoffs

Longwood at Sachem E Sachem E by 10
Sachem N at Bay shore Bayshore by 15
Smith East at Smith West Smith E again by 5
Ward Melville at West Babylon WM by 10

Blow Outs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fortunately for Ward Melville, West Babylon top player is injured. if healthy, the outcome would be substantially different. That being said, WM and Bayshore each should win by at least 10.

I had heard that she was back last week. Is she injured again?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Playing but at about 25%. Was sad to see, a shell of her usual self. Lucky for WM.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U want a come on man? Mt sinai. Babylon and bayport win 1 game and there in the county finals. Come on man.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U want a come on man? Mt sinai. Babylon and bayport win 1 game and there in the county finals. Come on man.

Come on Man to Smithtown East coach again for letting her superstar stat load against an inferior opponent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How the heck did NP lose to Sachem East? Screwed up the seeding. CR must of let them win. Great chess player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe they just aren't that good this year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How the heck did NP lose to Sachem East? Screwed up the seeding. CR must of let them win. Great chess player.

Chess player? Their next opponent is one of the hottest teams that has gotten overlooked the past 2, 3, 4 years but seems to be there at the end.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey Bobby Fisher, they get Bayshore next round. Stick to checkers!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, with the seeding now in place, what are the opinions on who will win the Suffolk County titles this year? Also, who could be the surprise picks?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FINAL STANDINGS
DIV I

Heres how it happened

Longwood at Sachem E
Sachem N at Bay shore
Smith East at Smith West

my vote is for a Sachem North win!! YJ protege is doing a great job developing what was a weak program even if it's just the win against Bay Shore she deserves it!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FINAL STANDINGS
DIV I

Heres how it happened

Longwood at Sachem E
Sachem N at Bay shore
Smith East at Smith West

my vote is for a Sachem North win!! YJ protege is doing a great job developing what was a weak program even if it's just the win against Bay Shore she deserves it!!

never happen. bayshore is healthy. 1st time all year.. bayshore by 12.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D1 West Islip, Bayshore
D2 Huntington, ESM
D3 Mt Sinai

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I dont think so. Much more difficult for Northport now.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Ok, with the seeding now in place, what are the opinions on who will win the Suffolk County titles this year? Also, who could be the surprise picks?

West Islip or Bay Shore. No surprises.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

West Islip or Bay Shore
Huntington
Mt Sinai (who will win state title for their class)

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

You have to live with the structure of the classes. Mt Sinai first significant game will be upstate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't count out Rocky Point !

West Islip or Bay Shore
Huntington

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

West Islip or Bay Shore
Huntington

yeah class C NBD no big deal

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I dont think so. Much more difficult for Northport now.

I am a Bay Shore (two words) fan. Say what you want about the bracket. Sachem North, NP, Bay Shore, the Smith's, or Hauppauge I think they are all very good teams. Any one of them can come out of that side. They all have a chance.

One girl to watch out for today, Mother Nature, she can be a great equalizer and anything can happen today. Again being a Bay Shore fan after this interesting season, I wish you all the best. You started at #1 time to end at #1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice job by SN and their coach turning the program around this year but be realistic they are not anywhere near the level of the top teams. They did not beat any good teams this year.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

I saw them lose to Islip. maybe it was a bad day.

West Islip or Bay Shore
Huntington

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice job by SN and their coach turning the program around this year but be realistic they are not anywhere near the level of the top teams. They did not beat any good teams this year.

'''COME ON MAN'''

SACHEM NORTH

lost to Huntington by 12
lost to Northport by 10
lost to Smithtown West by 10
lost to Sachem East by 9
lost to Harborfields by 12
lost to Middle Country by 12
lost to HHH by 2

beat North Babylon (21st place)
beat Longwood (8th place)
beat Floyd (20th place)
beat Copiague(24th place)
beat Connetquot(11th place)
beat Walt Whit (22nd place)
beat Pat Med (14th place)
beat Riverhead (19th place)
beat Brentwood(23rd place)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

'''COME ON MAN'''

SACHEM NORTH

lost to Huntington by 12
lost to Northport by 10
lost to Sachem East by 9
lost to HHH by 2

beat Floyd (20th place)

How did they make the playoffs, I thought we used power points. They should have 0 power points, There should be an investigation on this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now take East Islip

Lost to BBP by 4 #2 seed
west islip by 4 #1 seed
middle country by 6 #4 seed
ward melville by 1 #9 seed
northport by 1 #3 seed
Hauppauge by 2 #2 seed
sachem east by 1 #5 seed
smith east by 1 #10 seed
bayshore by 10 #6 seed

beat HHH, Massapequa, Floyd, WW, Lindy, commack, WB.

who is the better team? come on man

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now take East Islip

Lost to BBP by 4 #2 seed
west islip by 4 #1 seed
middle country by 6 #4 seed
ward melville by 1 #9 seed
northport by 1 #3 seed
Hauppauge by 2 #2 seed
sachem east by 1 #5 seed
smith east by 1 #10 seed
bayshore by 10 #6 seed

beat HHH, Massapequa, Floyd, WW, Lindy, commack, WB.

who is the better team? come on man

EI lost 8 Conference games! They do not belong in the playoffs. They will get a softer schedule next year. If they Win more than they lose, they will make the playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

'''COME ON MAN'''

SACHEM NORTH

lost to Huntington by 12
lost to Northport by 10
lost to Sachem East by 9
lost to HHH by 2

beat Floyd (20th place)

How did they make the playoffs, I thought we used power points. They should have 0 power points, There should be an investigation on this.

'''COME ON MAN'''

SACHEM NORTH

lost to Huntington by 12
lost to Northport by 10
lost to Sachem East by 9
lost to HHH by 2

beat Floyd (20th place)

Sachem N is a middle of the pack team who beat the teams they were supposed to. Same with Longwood. That's why they are in the playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw them lose to Islip. maybe it was a bad day.

West Islip or Bay Shore
Huntington

West Islip
ESM
Mt Sinai

Page 23 of 83 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard