BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 327 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

She may not bad mouth the Yellow Jackets but you had better believe that her father does. Every chance he gets. Its hard to believe how bitter he is about the YJ Organization when this organization gave her the visibility to get her where she is today. There is no disputing her talent but her father should give credit where it is due. Instead he bad mouths YJ to whomever will listen.

What complaint does he have with YJ?

Personally know him well, he will certainly defend top gun teams, but he doesn't bad
mouth yj's.

I personally know him too and I've actually heard him say stuff on the sidelines of summer tournaments,

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They may very well be the best team in the country.

Great team, its the parent coach that is the problem. No real coaching experience and favors his own.

The 2015 Blue team has never lost a game and is arguably recognized as the best in the country. Sounds like he is a doing a great job coaching, so this personal criticism is way off base in my opinion.

He bought his way in and with players like that my 2 year old could coach

plenty of experience, is the head coach at comseogue for the boys team, team wouldnt be half as good or as organized without him. a combination of excellent coaching and geat talent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great team, its the parent coach that is the problem. No real coaching experience and favors his own.

The 2015 Blue team has never lost a game and is arguably recognized as the best in the country. Sounds like he is a doing a great job coaching, so this personal criticism is way off base in my opinion.

plenty of experience, is the head coach at comseogue for the boys team, team wouldnt be half as good or as organized without him. a combination of excellent coaching and geat talent

I believe they are referring to the other ooach...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you "buy yourself in" to the yellow jackets? And if it is so easy to coach that team, why don't you try it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes it is the other coach people are talking about. He does buy his way into everything

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you buy your way in to coaching the best travel lacrosse team at this age group in the country ? How much does it cost? Once again yj haters just making nonsense up because when they deal in the facts they have to admit to themselves that the teams their children play on are inferior. Sometimes they just have to knock someone to make themselves feel better that they did not take the time and sometimes money(by paying for private training not bribes)to help their child become a yj.Sooo sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats Coach Rose!! Your a class act and a great role model for kids all over Long Island. Keep working hard your efforts are appreciated. I also believe she will be inducted next month into the Manhasset Sports Hall of Fame

Town of Islip Honors Lacrosse Legend Carol Rose

Islip, NY – Islip Town Supervisor Phil Nolan and the Islip Town Council recognized the innumerable achievements of Carol Rainson-Rose, girls’ lacrosse coach.

Ms. Rose teaches and coaches in the Northport School District, and she is also the founder of the Long Island Elite Yellow Jackets, Long Island’s first travel girls’ lacrosse team.

In the Town of Islip, Ms. Rose recently worked with Beauty for a Cure to put on the first ever Lax For Hope Tournament at St. Johns University Oakdale Campus, with proceeds going to benefit Long Island women who are battling breast cancer. This year’s event raised $20,000.

“Based on the success of this year’s tournament, Beauty for a Cure has said Lax for Hope will become an annual event in the Town of Islip,” said Supervisor Nolan. “The tournament, as well as the money it raised for women with breast cancer; it wouldn’t have been possible without Carol’s work.”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations Coach Rose! And for all you haters who say she's greedy, she does more charity work than we all probably know about. Tomorrow it is also a food drive. The tryouts for 2016-2020 is a coat and toy drive and each player is to bring one or the other.

Proud to be a YJ parent!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey pal, why the animosity against a great team? Are you a parent of someone on YJ Gold 2015 who thinks their kid should be on Blue or are you a parent of YJ Blue 2015 who's kid doesn't get enough playing time (in your estimation)? Or neither?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you buy your way in to coaching the best travel lacrosse team at this age group in the country ? How much does it cost? Once again yj haters just making nonsense up because when they deal in the facts they have to admit to themselves that the teams their children play on are inferior. Sometimes they just have to knock someone to make themselves feel better that they did not take the time and sometimes money(by paying for private training not bribes)to help their child become a yj.Sooo sad.

It's not the yellow jackets club and players most people are hating on, it's mostly hating on the obnoxious parents and their attitudes. Not all the yj parents are like this, but obviously we got one here.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey pal, why the animosity against a great team? Are you a parent of someone on YJ Gold 2015 who thinks their kid should be on Blue or are you a parent of YJ Blue 2015 who's kid doesn't get enough playing time (in your estimation)? Or neither?

Doesn't seem to be any animosity against the team. Seems to be animosity against a particular coach who may have "bought" his way on the team, designs all plays around his daughter and has no experience. Just an observation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you buy your way in to coaching the best travel lacrosse team at this age group in the country ?

Not requiring to be paid or given a room or paying an extra fee is how I imagine it could happen. Probably is the best team in the country.

[quote]How much does it cost?

I don't know. $10,000 a year? More?

Once again yj haters just making nonsense up because when they deal in the facts they have to admit to themselves that the teams their children play on are inferior. Sometimes they just have to knock someone to make themselves feel better that they did not take the time and sometimes money(by paying for private training not bribes)to help their child become a yj.Sooo sad.

Doesn't seem to be yellow jacket haters. Seems to more personally directed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, what are his/her coaching qualifications? That should settle that argument, as dumb as it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"It's not the yellow jackets club and players most people are hating on, it's mostly hating on the obnoxious parents and their attitudes. Not all the yj parents are like this, but obviously we got one here."
The funny thing about this nonsense is if a yj parent posted a comment like this on any other clubs thread then that yj parent would be attacked for being an obnoxious yj parent who is monitering other clubs sites .It also happens that this person could not follow the conversation when he and his fellow yj haters were attacking a yj coach personally.too funny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"It's not the yellow jackets club and players most people are hating on, it's mostly hating on the obnoxious parents and their attitudes. Not all the yj parents are like this, but obviously we got one here."
The funny thing about this nonsense is if a yj parent posted a comment like this on any other clubs thread then that yj parent would be attacked for being an obnoxious yj parent who is monitering other clubs sites .It also happens that this person could not follow the conversation when he and his fellow yj haters were attacking a yj coach personally.too funny.

The discussion started with haters within the organization, this is yj parents not happy with other yj parents as coaches, politics and favortism. This has nothing to do with posting on other discussion threads. Even parents within the organization are embarassed at the behavior and bad attitudes of some yj parents they are lumped together and associated with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that is so true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"The discussion started with haters within the organization, this is yj parents not happy with other yj parents as coaches, politics and favortism"
The problem with your point is you obviously do not have a child who plays yj and assume you know where the haters have children playing, when you have no idea.The same problem with the haters who post personal attacks against a coach who has a child who may read this nonsense is they also have no idea, just make stuff up. I am sure the directer of the yj has all the head coaching jobs for sale(sarcasm if you cannot tell).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately every club has them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"The discussion started with haters within the organization, this is yj parents not happy with other yj parents as coaches, politics and favortism"
The problem with your point is you obviously do not have a child who plays yj and assume you know where the haters have children playing, when you have no idea.The same problem with the haters who post personal attacks against a coach who has a child who may read this nonsense is they also have no idea, just make stuff up. I am sure the directer of the yj has all the head coaching jobs for sale(sarcasm if you cannot tell).

This coach has no qualifications. That is the problem

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have no idea what his credentials are other than being the head coach of the best 2015 yog team in the country.head coach of a team that has not lost in years. head coach of a team that has won over 100 games in a row.head coach of a team that has won every championship tournament they have gone in the past several years.Zero credentials

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This coach has no qualifications. That is the problem

You are the only one who seems to have a problem. The 2015 Blue has never lost a game, so he must be doing something right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doesn't seem to be any animosity against the team. Seems to be animosity against a particular coach who may have "bought" his way on the team, designs all plays around his daughter and has no experience. Just an observation.

The guys daughter may not be the best on the tean but she is a competant player! The bottom line is the guy doesn"t buy his way in, he actually spends a lot of his own money for indoor facilities and practice time for all the kids! More than anyone else who is criticizing him! If that gives his daughter a little advantage , so be it! everyone else is benefiting from his generosity. The bottom line is Pete Mitchel installs everything on that team! One of the best girls/boys coaches in the country! The coaches and kids work hard on that team. Give them credit, it is a well oiled machine from top to bottom. For the person who said they won't take new talent onthe team, you are crazy! They will take anyone that will make them better! They took 3 new kids last year and I am sure if there is a stud or two at tryouts they will make the team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I understand that the coach changed a couple of years ago , At first it was college kids , but now the coaches everyone is talking about . Truth is anyone can coach that team , Even Steve levy and they would still win , there just that good. Buut every team gets beaten in the end

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any idea when the 2015, 14, 13 tryouts are going to be rescheduled?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I understand that the coach changed a couple of years ago , At first it was college kids , but now the coaches everyone is talking about . Truth is anyone can coach that team , Even Steve levy and they would still win , there just that good. Buut every team gets beaten in the end

It was never a college kid..always the same coach. they added another coach later. oNe with credentials.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read the website that may help you. Nov 20th

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
one of the YJ parents on this site said that 2015 blue hasn't lost game in years , but that must not be true , they were only finalist at ocean city , who was tourney champs at the 2015 div.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
one of the YJ parents on this site said that 2015 blue hasn't lost game in years , but that must not be true , they were only finalist at ocean city , who was tourney champs at the 2015 div.

YJ 2015 Blue was tourney champs (while missing at least 8 players due to state playoffs same weekend). For the record, they beat YJ 2015 Gold in the championship game. Rather late on that Sunday afternoon I might add...

Saying that they haven't lost a game in year should probably be qualified because I believe that they have lost in winter leagues to high school teams last year (maybe once or twice) Note also that some of these fall tournaments list a team as YJ 2015 blue that doesn't really have many of the team's players since they are playing for their schools at the same time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They did win the championship, they beat 2015 Gold in the finals. Maybe that is what you are thinking of.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your intel is wrong. They didn't lose there either. They actually won that tourney missing 5 of their best players! The team is very deep. But like another poster wrote, they will eventualy lose! everyone does! It won't change what this team has accomplished the past 3 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares if they loose. They will all find a great college with the exposure they get. Thats all that ultimately matters not wins and losses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the YJ clinics which are offerred through the winter? Big turnout? Quality instructions? Can you register for YJ clinics if you are not a YJ player?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On the website they only have 2014 and 2015 rescheduled.
I guess no intention of rescheduling the 2013 group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the YJ clinics which are offerred through the winter? Big turnout? Quality instructions? Can you register for YJ clinics if you are not a YJ player?

Big turnout, but they limit the numbers of girls (they may be full already). Decent instruction: pretty intense workout. You do not have to be a YJ to participate. Kind of pricey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for your answer!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is not the main factor in this . The girls are very good . they could play for any coach and win. He is lucky, plain and simple . He hasn't scored a single goal. Even I could coach that team to an undefeated season . Give the girls the credit , not the coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the 3 girls he took came from liberty . and have garden city ties , bitter i say any comment i know some of you do because your yj lackys so lets have it. by the way 2015 blue is , to this day , the best team in travel lax. until the lose

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the 3 girls he took came from liberty . and have garden city ties , bitter i say any comment i know some of you do because your yj lackys so lets have it. by the way 2015 blue is , to this day , the best team in travel lax. until the lose

Even U Conn girls basketball lost eventually. It happens. If YJ blue 2015 loses a few they will still be the best!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He took 1 girl from liberty, a few from the gold team and 1 from Express. None of these girls are from Garden City and in fact 3 live in Suffolk County. Get your facts straight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He does not pick that team Rose picks it

Like Reply Quote
Page 18 of 327 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 326 327
Quick Reply