BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,654
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 134 of 327 1 2 132 133 134 135 136 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Tournaments are posted for summer 2014...
How come only the top 3 teams do the Lax For the Cure and the developemantal teams do the Lax Clash in CT?
Horrible tournament.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
How come only the top 3 teams do the Lax For the Cure and the developemantal teams do the Lax Clash in CT?
Horrible tournament.
While BOTC might be able to share past results, it would be more interesting to know why this tournament might not make the grade in your view.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Horrible tournament.
While BOTC might be able to share past results, it would be more interesting to know why this tournament might not make the grade in your view.

The only teams at this tournament are YJ teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think bc National Draw is a very tough tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a lot of time and money to play for a developmental team. Do any of these kids ever get moved up?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Tournaments are posted for summer 2014...
That's a lot of time and money to play for a developmental team. Do any of these kids ever get moved up?

Sure just take private lessons and your daughter will move up. Happened just this year with the 2020 age group

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure just take private lessons and your daughter will move up. Happened just this year with the 2020 age group

If you are willing to shell out money with private lessons from the coaches (*Conflict of Interest), they will try and move you up. Afterall, they love the extra money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That "Daddy Coach of the 2022 and 2019 team" is a great person and coach! How about posting something positive or just not posting anything if you don't have anything good to say!

Not well liked by some of the parents in his own home town, due to his condisending attitude, and his using the access to school fields that he is granted through the town lax club to hold yellow jacket practices. If the school district finds out he is using their fields for a For-profit organization, they will pull access rights from the Sayville Youth Lax league.

If the school district and the youth lax organization have given him the permission to use school property, there is no issue. I have seen many town youth coaches do this with out of town interests, very rarely have I seen the school district step in and stop it. I can remember my daughters non town training being halted mid stream, as most schools don't allow the use of fields without proper permission, but some districts will allow this.
The Board of Ed. has strict policies that the fields and buildings be used by non-for profit organizations. Use of district facilities for a for-profit organization must be approved by the superintendent, and a fee must be paid to the school district. The Sayville Youth Lax operates as a non-profit that benefit the youth in the Sayville Community. Thus the permission is given under the auspices that a non-profit is using it. Sayville Youth Lax doesn't have the right or legal right under State law to give permission independent of the school district giving permission. But either way the School district has NOT given permission as the district no longer allows for-profit sports organizations to use its field due to liability issues. Years ago a swim club was banned from the district's pool facilities for a similar situation involving a coach from that club. Thus this coach who is a youth lax director is running the risk of getting Sayville Youth Lax's fields pulled by holding Yellow Jacket practices as the Sayville Fields.

Well it sounds like your not a fan of him using the fields for his own interests. My question here is why post anonymously on some thread that mostly likely will go completely unnoticed by the board of ed. In hopes that someone from Sayville board member reads it? Better advice would be take matters up yourself with the board of ed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very True. Take lessons, get better, get noticed, move up. Or you can watch TV, stay the same, and get passed over. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Very True. Take lessons, get better, get noticed, move up. Or you can watch TV, stay the same, and get passed over. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

I thought that's what try outs were for to get noticed. And you don't view it as a conflict of interest when the coach of the 2020 team trains more than half the girls on her own team. The coach has to decide do I want possibly a better player at the expense of dropping a player who is paying her for lessons.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This grew out a poster relating a story that their kid asked for their ball back after a 2022 yellow jacket tryo-out (the kids each had to bring a ball with their name on it, but after the tryouts the kids didn't get their balls back). One of the evaluators told the kid they would get it back at the first day of YJ practice. Another poster commented on who they thought the coach was, and that he was a YJ jacket coach from Sayville youth lax. Then all of this grew from that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That "Daddy Coach of the 2022 and 2019 team" is a great person and coach! How about posting something positive or just not posting anything if you don't have anything good to say!

Not well liked by some of the parents in his own home town, due to his condisending attitude, and his using the access to school fields that he is granted through the town lax club to hold yellow jacket practices. If the school district finds out he is using their fields for a For-profit organization, they will pull access rights from the Sayville Youth Lax league.

If the school district and the youth lax organization have given him the permission to use school property, there is no issue. I have seen many town youth coaches do this with out of town interests, very rarely have I seen the school district step in and stop it. I can remember my daughters non town training being halted mid stream, as most schools don't allow the use of fields without proper permission, but some districts will allow this.
The Board of Ed. has strict policies that the fields and buildings be used by non-for profit organizations. Use of district facilities for a for-profit organization must be approved by the superintendent, and a fee must be paid to the school district. The Sayville Youth Lax operates as a non-profit that benefit the youth in the Sayville Community. Thus the permission is given under the auspices that a non-profit is using it. Sayville Youth Lax doesn't have the right or legal right under State law to give permission independent of the school district giving permission. But either way the School district has NOT given permission as the district no longer allows for-profit sports organizations to use its field due to liability issues. Years ago a swim club was banned from the district's pool facilities for a similar situation involving a coach from that club. Thus this coach who is a youth lax director is running the risk of getting Sayville Youth Lax's fields pulled by holding Yellow Jacket practices as the Sayville Fields.

Well it sounds like your not a fan of him using the fields for his own interests. My question here is why post anonymously on some thread that mostly likely will go completely unnoticed by the board of ed. In hopes that someone from Sayville board member reads it? Better advice would be take matters up yourself with the board of ed.

The problem is with the guy guy and his arrogance. And the fact that he is abusing his position in a local yourh lax program to get fields for his for profit coaching (and he also allows outside trainors to do individual lessons for $) on Sayville fields risking the usage for all of the kids in the non profit local lax program. If I wanted this to come to light with the board of Ed. It would of already, but I don't want to hurt my kids in the program and the others as well, because I not sure how the board would react. I don't have a problem with someone making money off of their coaching knowledge, I just don't like when they don't play by the rules and put a lot of good work in a good program at risk for selfish gain (if he went through the application process and paid properly for his usage then it wouldn't be an issue).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This grew out a poster relating a story that their kid asked for their ball back after a 2022 yellow jacket tryo-out (the kids each had to bring a ball with their name on it, but after the tryouts the kids didn't get their balls back). One of the evaluators told the kid they would get it back at the first day of YJ practice. Another poster commented on who they thought the coach was, and that he was a YJ jacket coach from Sayville youth lax. Then all of this grew from that.

What happens to the balls from the kids that don't make a team, ( oh yeah, everyone makes a team)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happens to the balls from the kids that don't make a team, ( oh yeah, everyone makes a team)

YJ seems to have a lot more lax balls than you Mr. Anonymous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can hide behind the anonymous tag just like you do... but it is despicable that a club like the YJ would ask potential players to bring their own balls to a tryout...and then not give them back... lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can hide behind the anonymous tag just like you do... but it is despicable that a club like the YJ would ask potential players to bring their own balls to a tryout...and then not give them back... lol

Who cares it's a lacrosse ball big deal. Despicable is when you have coaches of these young girls acting like morons ie getting thrown out of high school games, getting too drunk to walk at NCAA final four, not playing kids in games in fall ball games in desperation to win games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow it is unbelievable to me, what some of you people are writing. I know for a fact that the Sayville youth coach did not take any of the balls that the girls brought because he was out of town on business during the tryouts. I also know that the yellow jackets is a great program that has helped to advance many young women in lacrosse and in life. Every program is good in its own way. Any lacrosse is good lacrosse. I thought the idea was to for the girls to have fun learn lacrosse and make friends to last a lifetime. The best thing about this website is that most of the children will never read this nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares it's a lacrosse ball big deal. Despicable is when you have coaches of these young girls acting like morons ie getting thrown out of high school games, getting too drunk to walk at NCAA final four, not playing kids in games in fall ball games in desperation to win games.

Wwwaaaaaaaa

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you are right, each program has it's faults.. that doesn't mean they shouldn't get called out on it when they screw-up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wwwaaaaaaaa

Same noise your wife makes every time she sees you naked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happens to the balls from the kids that don't make a team, ( oh yeah, everyone makes a team) [/quote]

YJ seems to have a lot more lax balls than you Mr. Anonymous. [/quote]

I can hide behind the anonymous tag just like you do... but it is despicable that a club like the YJ would ask potential players to bring their own balls to a tryout...and then not give them back... lol [/quote]

Who cares it's a lacrosse ball big deal. Despicable is when you have coaches of these young girls acting like morons ie getting thrown out of high school games, getting too drunk to walk at NCAA final four, not playing kids in games in fall ball games in desperation to win games. [/quote]

Wwwaaaaaaaa [/quote]

Same noise your wife makes every time she sees you naked. [/quote]

stay classy YJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow it is unbelievable to me, what some of you people are writing. I know for a fact that the Sayville youth coach did not take any of the balls that the girls brought because he was out of town on business during the tryouts. I also know that the yellow jackets is a great program that has helped to advance many young women in lacrosse and in life. Every program is good in its own way. Any lacrosse is good lacrosse. I thought the idea was to for the girls to have fun learn lacrosse and make friends to last a lifetime. The best thing about this website is that most of the children will never read this nonsense.

No One said he took them, just said that the condescending comment to the kid would be something that he would say.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or get moved down. I know at least one girl that was moved down who trains AC. Maybe you just have to accept the fact that everything is not a conspiracy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You forgot to mention spitting tobacco.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You forgot to mention spitting tobacco.

You're program and coaches aren't perfect either. I can't believe how much time and energy you guys spend on bashing each other's programs. It's really ridiculous. If you were happy with your situation, you wouldn't get so caught up in this nonsense. If your program works for your daughter and family, good for you. Can't you just be happy with that? YJ isn't for everyone, and neither is TG's. Everyone has different priorities, and reasons for picking certain programs. Move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there value in winter league sessions? Seems like the reg coaching staff does attend so you have girls scrambled together that would not otherwise play with each other giving half hearted attempts. Is it worth it or is it a lesson in patience for the parents or simply 401k for the coaches.

- frustrated parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there value in winter league sessions? Seems like the reg coaching staff does attend so you have girls scrambled together that would not otherwise play with each other giving half hearted attempts. Is it worth it or is it a lesson in patience for the parents or simply 401k for the coaches.

- frustrated parent
maybe frustrated parent should just relax and let her daughter enjoy a couple of months of pressure free lacrosse. So her daughter doesn't play with her whole team, so what. Other kids might get a chance to develop while playing with better players. If you don't like it drop out now and let another kid play, and don't sign up next year. But please , for the love of god, stop your whining.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if child enjoys playing there is value

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

- frustrated parent

Is this a rhetorical question? If not, it sounds like you made your mind up already.

I haven't attended or seen any of the winter leagues (I assume you are referring to the MS one that YJ runs). Either way though, you have to ask yourself and decide whether you feel your child will get something out of it depending on their skill level and motivation. Some very good outdoor players get bored playing indoors because of the limitations indoor lax puts on them. I have found indoors is very good for building stick skills, and not so good for realistic offensive plays, especially for the faster players. They often don't have enough room, and it takes them out of their game.

You may be better served having your daughter play basketball, to work on footwork (basketball is great especially for defensive players) and attend Lax clinics in the areas of her game that she is weak in, during the winter months. You can also look into various speed training programs that are designed for lax players, this I feel holds more value in the winter months than anything else including indoor leagues, because it ultimately builds athleticism, and goes a long way towards injury prevention.

Those two alternate routes may help avoid burnout as well, especially if your daughter plays all-year round. It is a tough choice however, because as a parent you feel the pressure of giving your kid every opportunity, because it often feels like every other kid is Laxing all year round and you don't want your kid falling behind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^ it's a bit of both, depending on the age level. obviously younger girls (pre-high school) get a bigger return on playing, but there doesn't seem to be an emphasis on learning "new" skills, but it does offer an opportunity to play, nothing wrong with playing with girls with more or less skills then your daughter.

recruiting age girls might be better served with attending the camps and clinics offered by the various colleges they have interest in playing for,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
have your daughter shoot , catch, and throw with her off hand . any time she has a stick in her hands she is getting better. it doesn't matter who is coaching or who she is playing with, if she works on different skills during the winter sessions , she will become a better player. make it work for her

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone seen that there is a combined 2018-2019 team? What's that about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
High School Indoor track's another great option for the kids that play club. They get a much needed break from lax but have supervised work-outs 5-6 days per week without the cost and inconvenience of speed & agility training. Have them compete in sprints and jumps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We thought playing was the right thing to do and hoped for the best. Not whining, sorry you see feedback / questions as whining - wonder if some of that unearned funding lined your pockets..? Just wanted to see what some of the other experiences were like. Had we know our coach would not attend and the level of skill upfront, we would have made an educated decision and skipped winter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good feedback, thank you. Just trying to see what other parents experienced. Your suggestions make a lot of sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We thought playing was the right thing to do and hoped for the best. Not whining, sorry you see feedback / questions as whining - wonder if some of that unearned funding lined your pockets..? Just wanted to see what some of the other experiences were like. Had we know our coach would not attend and the level of skill upfront, we would have made an educated decision and skipped winter.

In you original post you stated that the coaches did attend (typo I guess), so the two posts contradict there. But either way posting on a message board as a frustrated parent could be taken as whining by some, all depends what you are saying. I don't agree with the rest of that post in regards to letting your daughter enjoy 3 months of stress free lacrosse, because I feel every time a kids steps on the field is should be enjoyable and fun. Part of that fun and enjoyment should come from reaching ones goals and the rest should come from enjoying the game. Of course if you are not good at something how could it be enjoyable. As far as whining you probably where, but so what, thats what these boards are for.

In addition to the advice on playing b-ball and speed training that I gave earlier, I would also say ask your kid how they feel about it. Ask them if they are bothered by how it's run. Then gauge you future decisions on that input. If the kid is having fun, and only you are frustrated then ok, but if your daughter is frustrated also, then you will have to re-evaluate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe it's about giving more kids an opportunity to play (I know the critics of YJ will say to also make more money, but if parents are willing to support this the so be it). They may of had enough interest from some of the less skilled players who may have been left out because there weren't enough for another team in a specific age (probably 10 from one age division, maybe 10 from the other). No one was forced to participate, and the hard core will say it waters down the product. I see it as getting more kids involved and deepening the pool of talent. The end result will be more girls playing in more competition. Hopefully they will play in the appropriate tournaments for them, and they will all improve.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looks like the majority of people that were selected to the 5th team in both the 2018 and 2019 age groups opted not to pay the $625 + to be on a developmental team, which left each group short of kids to make up a full 5th team roster. You have a group of 25 kids from both age groups that don’t mind playing on the 5th team, so why not thrown them together on a 2018/2019 team. You’re talking about $15,625 in registration fees, plus what will be made off of the tourney fees. I don’t think CR or any other club owner is going to throw that away, they’d be foolish if they did.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looks like the majority of people that were selected to the 5th team in both the 2018 and 2019 age groups opted not to pay the $625 + to be on a developmental team, which left each group short of kids to make up a full 5th team roster. You have a group of 25 kids from both age groups that don’t mind playing on the 5th team, so why not thrown them together on a 2018/2019 team. You’re talking about $15,625 in registration fees, plus what will be made off of the tourney fees. I don’t think CR or any other club owner is going to throw that away, they’d be foolish if they did.

So the 5th team level 2019 girls are going to play up in the 2018 bracket? I didn't understand that when SC All-Stars did a 2016/17 team a couple years ago either. Seems like they will be grossly over-matched.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Illustrates the power of the YJ name. If these kids moved over to Team 91 or Beach Bums, they would be on the top team. Would rather be 5th YJ team.

Like Reply Quote
Page 134 of 327 1 2 132 133 134 135 136 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard