BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,660
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 129 of 327 1 2 127 128 129 130 131 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hello, do you people have any idea what your talking about?! Seems not. Of course the goalie has to play with her age group, YJ goes to 11th grade. If she wants to play, she has to play with 2015, her graduating year.

This forum is nothing but whiners and complainers. And for parents who think "my kid is the best". Back of the cage, get rid of your forum and go back to being informational. It breeds nothing but animosity. Team sports are about the kids, not their parents egos. Everyone should get a grip.
I think the animosities already existed without the help of BOC. In one of the previous post, someone spoke of having enemies on the team. I don’t think that kind of statement is derived from comments made on BOC, it seems to have come from some other festering issues. My daughter is in HS and has been playing sports since kindergarten. In all of that time, there have been parents on some of these teams they I didn’t quite care for and parents that I’ve forged lasting friendships with, but I never considered anyone my enemy. I agree with the previous poster, the parents need to let go of their egos and get a grip.

As the quote goes - "The fish stinks from the head." This is what happens when you have a program that is built on fear, politics and bullying.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello, do you people have any idea what your talking about?! Seems not. Of course the goalie has to play with her age group, YJ goes to 11th grade. If she wants to play, she has to play with 2015, her graduating year.

This forum is nothing but whiners and complainers. And for parents who think "my kid is the best". Back of the cage, get rid of your forum and go back to being informational. It breeds nothing but animosity. Team sports are about the kids, not their parents egos. Everyone should get a grip.
I think the animosities already existed without the help of BOC. In one of the previous post, someone spoke of having enemies on the team. I don’t think that kind of statement is derived from comments made on BOC, it seems to have come from some other festering issues. My daughter is in HS and has been playing sports since kindergarten. In all of that time, there have been parents on some of these teams they I didn’t quite care for and parents that I’ve forged lasting friendships with, but I never considered anyone my enemy. I agree with the previous poster, the parents need to let go of their egos and get a grip.

As the quote goes - "The fish stinks from the head." This is what happens when you have a program that is built on fear, politics and bullying.

Not worth answering such stupidity. Doofus!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does 2018 Rose look this year? I saw minor changes to the roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does 2018 Rose look this year? I saw minor changes to the roster.

They picked up a couple TG black players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it fair to the current YJ 2015 team goalie who has played on that team all these years to now have the kid who played UP now play on that team? She played up on 2014 all these years and was given the advantage of being seen early even though there were 2014 age appropriate kids who were tossed aside in her favor. It has been going on at her High School as well and most of her team and parents are aware and sick over it. No one can say anything at school or at club out of fear of retribution by her dad (also the HS coach) or the club. This case is exactly what everyone is talking about when they mention fear and politics are ruining the game and some kids chances for recruitment.

Not calling anyone names here just stating the facts.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Carro good coach not too sure about all your other opinions but summer will tell. Not too sure if Smithtown was the way too go
Are you kidding. Berts team just got shafted by the FAF group. To make way for those four kids, Bert had to move some really good talent. Carro is now very deep and very strong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it fair to the current YJ 2015 team goalie who has played on that team all these years to now have the kid who played UP now play on that team? She played up on 2014 all these years and was given the advantage of being seen early even though there were 2014 age appropriate kids who were tossed aside in her favor. It has been going on at her High School as well and most of her team and parents are aware and sick over it. No one can say anything at school or at club out of fear of retribution by her dad (also the HS coach) or the club. This case is exactly what everyone is talking about when they mention fear and politics are ruining the game and some kids chances for recruitment.

You can't be from ESM because what you're stating is no where near the truth. They are a well-respected family and there is no fear at all. The player is a great teammate, friend and one of the nicest kids out there. She deserves to be where she is and everyone in this town knows it. How dare you come here and say most of the parents and team are aware and feel that way. That is so completely untrue. Sick over it? Please. The only thing sick is that you will come on here and make up lies about an amazing athlete and group whatever jealousy you may be feeling into the whole team feeling the same way. They are back to back county champs in large part because of her and I would be very surprised to hear anyone say they didn't believe that were the case. You say you're stating facts - based on what? You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Carro good coach not too sure about all your other opinions but summer will tell. Not too sure if Smithtown was the way too go
Are you kidding. Berts team just got shafted by the FAF group. To make way for those four kids, Bert had to move some really good talent. Carro is now very deep and very strong.

Are you serious do you really think the new kids at 2019 are going to make much of a difference.Team was very good before the changes and will be very good after the changes, very little difference from kids leaving to kids coming on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do you mean shafted?? Thats how it works top kids should move to the top team!! Kids get shafted when they dont get moved because of politics or zip code.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you serious do you really think the new kids at 2019 are going to make much of a difference.Team was very good before the changes and will be very good after the changes, very little difference from kids leaving to kids coming on.
If the better kids are supposed to move up, then how can you say there is not going to be a difference. The kids going to Carro are clearly better than the kids going to Bert or the move wouldn't have happened.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bert wants the kids from Mt S. to build the future!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not A Y.J. parent and I know this is none of m business, If Burt wants to build the future of Mt. S he should do it at Mt.S and not on Y.J. time. Just by the quote "he wants to build the future for Mt. S"', as a non Mt. S parent of a kid on that team, i would demand Carol take my kid off that team and put her on a comparable (i.e. blue) team. You know that he will favor his girls and use the others as fodder.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hysterical! I guess he doesn't trust Carro to coach those girls and develop them? Girls that moved down, deserved it. But, of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not A Y.J. parent and I know this is none of m business, If Burt wants to build the future of Mt. S he should do it at Mt.S and not on Y.J. time. Just by the quote "he wants to build the future for Mt. S"', as a non Mt. S parent of a kid on that team, i would demand Carol take my kid off that team and put her on a comparable (i.e. blue) team. You know that he will favor his girls and use the others as fodder.
No kidding, I'd be pissed if my kid was on that team. From what I understand there are kids on the third team that should be on Bert instead of some of the kids that came fron Carro.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
carro.....look what carro did to Lindy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is this the Yj goalie <<Details Removed>>

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Negative Player References Removed
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can't be from ESM because what you're stating is no where near the truth. They are a well-respected family and there is no fear at all. The player is a great teammate, friend and one of the nicest kids out there. She deserves to be where she is and everyone in this town knows it. How dare you come here and say most of the parents and team are aware and feel that way. That is so completely untrue. Sick over it? Please. The only thing sick is that you will come on here and make up lies about an amazing athlete and group whatever jealousy you may be feeling into the whole team feeling the same way. They are back to back county champs in large part because of her and I would be very surprised to hear anyone say they didn't believe that were the case. You say you're stating facts - based on what? You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Well......you obviously are on their fan club board of directors but make no mistake, most are disgusted by the blatant favoritism. I'm sure the player is a great kid, they usually are, but the situation created by the powers that be are what everyone says is wrong with youth sports. Maybe you should talk to more of the parents and find out for yourself. Again, I never brought the players personal integrity into this....you did. I repeated the sentiment stated a thousand times before about politics and fear. Alive and well in this case.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Demand ? Please tell me where you play. I want to play for a club that I can makes demands at.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
carro.....look what carro did to Lindy.
Is that good or bad?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well......you obviously are on their fan club board of directors but make no mistake, most are disgusted by the blatant favoritism. I'm sure the player is a great kid, they usually are, but the situation created by the powers that be are what everyone says is wrong with youth sports. Maybe you should talk to more of the parents and find out for yourself. Again, I never brought the players personal integrity into this....you did. I repeated the sentiment stated a thousand times before about politics and fear. Alive and well in this case.

Ok. Well we will agree to disagree - I just wonder what these "complainers" will do once their children go off to college. Just look at the goalie's resume/bio and not sure what anyone could complain about. And you're right, her personal integrity should never have been brought into it, my point was there are some that walk around with an air of entitlement and I've never seen anything but hard work and determination from her as an athlete. She is the kind of athlete she is because she works hard not because of who her father is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is absolutely the truth in YJ land, Mt.S kids are being forced down the throats of YJ by "Bert" and "Fire Fighter Bill" for the benefit of Mt. S High School program! People are sick of it they have the biggest influence on all of the rosters from 2015 down; but as long as CR is good with gag order in effect on all. The problem is "fire fighter Bill" isn't smart enough to keep his mouth shut. Maybe that's why TG has cut the gap at the lower ages. Mt. S going to states and YJ becoming just another club frown

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
... but as long as CR is good with gag order in effect on all.
You might want to check your sources in the Northport Booster Club on that one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What did he do in Lindy?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is absolutely the truth in YJ land, Mt.S kids are being forced down the throats of YJ by "Bert" and "Fire Fighter Bill" for the benefit of Mt. S High School program! People are sick of it they have the biggest influence on all of the rosters from 2015 down; but as long as CR is good with gag order in effect on all. The problem is "fire fighter Bill" isn't smart enough to keep his mouth shut. Maybe that's why TG has cut the gap at the lower ages. Mt. S going to states and YJ becoming just another club frown
Will PM be his assistant next year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

Don't understand ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok. Well we will agree to disagree - I just wonder what these "complainers" will do once their children go off to college. Just look at the goalie's resume/bio and not sure what anyone could complain about. And you're right, her personal integrity should never have been brought into it, my point was there are some that walk around with an air of entitlement and I've never seen anything but hard work and determination from her as an athlete. She is the kind of athlete she is because she works hard not because of who her father is.

Again you keep bringing her personal integrity, resume etc into this. Clearly not my point. My point quite simply is her "handlers" for lack of a better word are using politics and fear to discriminate against other players both older and younger. When players are put into these situations and the adults do not listen to the masses then the players feel a sense of entitlement only to be devastated in college when Daddy isn't there to make it all better. I wish only the best for these athletes and hope the adults gain the wisdom to guide them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Speaking of checking sources, rumour is that CR is pushing hard for the St. Anthony's girls lax position that recently became available, what are you hearing Sage?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Speaking of checking sources, rumour is that CR is pushing hard for the St. Anthony's girls lax position that recently became available, what are you hearing Sage?
Nothing that we can share at this time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just like she pushed for the Hofstra job? Truth is she's not that great of a coach. It's easy to just throw a bunch if really big, strong athletes on the field in club lacrosse and win due to numbers. However, she has won only one state championship in her career. She was able to do that because all of her Northport girls are forced to play YJ's year round for her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing that we can share at this time.

Thanks anyway Sage, hopefully you can share the information shortly. Enjoy the holiday season!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just like she pushed for the Hofstra job? Truth is she's not that great of a coach. It's easy to just throw a bunch if really big, strong athletes on the field in club lacrosse and win due to numbers. However, she has won only one state championship in her career. She was able to do that because all of her Northport girls are forced to play YJ's year round for her.
She scares the crap out of me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The funny thing is I have seen the Bill Smith Email from last year telling his parents to stay of this site , I have never heard of Carol Rose even talking about this website and yeas my daughter is a YJ. Not saying I disagree w Bill but I always read these TG posters talking about CR gag order.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The funny thing is I have seen the Bill Smith Email from last year telling his parents to stay of this site , I have never heard of Carol Rose even talking about this website and yeas my daughter is a YJ. Not saying I disagree w Bill but I always read these TG posters talking about CR gag order.
Send us a copy of any such e-mail.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again you keep bringing her personal integrity, resume etc into this. Clearly not my point. My point quite simply is her "handlers" for lack of a better word are using politics and fear to discriminate against other players both older and younger. When players are put into these situations and the adults do not listen to the masses then the players feel a sense of entitlement only to be devastated in college when Daddy isn't there to make it all better. I wish only the best for these athletes and hope the adults gain the wisdom to guide them.

The Masses? LMAO! Who are these "Masses"? I am not from ESM , but all the "Masses" I know consider her the BEST goalie on Long Island with the Shoreham girl a close second. I don't get why this girl gets scrutinized so much on this board. It has to be jealousy! She is a GREAT player and a better kid an student. She is everything you would want your kid to become! No I am not her dad and yes I am definitely part of the fan club!! Grow up!!! btw who was discriminated against? That is a strong word! There was a 2014 goalie playing 2013,so they made her the 2014 goalie. The 2015 goalies all got bumped up a spot and all got scholarships! All great kids and players. Where is the foul?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I'm a TG parent and never saw any such thing. I call BS, and I don't mean Bill Smith.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately, it seems that all players that have a parent involved are under this intense scrutiny and people love to try to make it all about the "connection." I know SWR had the same issues, Smithtown, etc, on the boys side. People believe being the child of a coach is great and the carpet gets rolled out for them, from what I am reading here it's obviously both a curse and a blessing and they constantly have to prove themselves - luckily for most of them they rise to the challenge and just prove themselves on the field. The additional unfortunate part is that even the ones who are hoping to see the player fail to prove themselves right, will never be adult or mature enough to admit they are wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Masses? LMAO! Who are these "Masses"? I am not from ESM , but all the "Masses" I know consider her the BEST goalie on Long Island with the Shoreham girl a close second. I don't get why this girl gets scrutinized so much on this board. It has to be jealousy! She is a GREAT player and a better kid an student. She is everything you would want your kid to become! No I am not her dad and yes I am definitely part of the fan club!! Grow up!!! btw who was discriminated against? That is a strong word! There was a 2014 goalie playing 2013,so they made her the 2014 goalie. The 2015 goalies all got bumped up a spot and all got scholarships! All great kids and players. Where is the foul?

Easy about the best goalies on Long Island. The two 2016 goalies from St. Anthony's and Huntington might be better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Try reading the posts. You keep moving the focus to the player while the posts are pointed at the adults. Sad you do that to her. Again. Also, you are way off with the BEST ON LI comment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m just waiting for someone to post the BOC 12 days of Christmas song. The one that was posted last year was hilarious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lindy program down the drain, and he left or they threw him out.

Like Reply Quote
Page 129 of 327 1 2 127 128 129 130 131 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard