BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,892
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 24 1 2 21 22 23 24
Re: Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What Coppermine 29 team are you watching? There are two players on CM 29 that could go to ANY Maryland 29 team and start. No questions asked.

May want to let your first post go through before responding to yourself… pot stirring 101 🙄

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
best comment ever.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it's more of a classic case of not understanding how to use the quote function

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With week one of NGLL now complete, any surprises among 29s?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a big suprise - heros is tops just like everyone expected.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Week 2 - 2029 Top 10 Standings (only including teams that have 3+ games in)

1. M&D Black 3-0
2. Coppermine Black 2-1
3. Heros Green 2-1
4. BLC Blue 2-1
5. Heros White 2-1
6. Skywalkers Blue 2-1
7. MD United East 2-1
8. 3D Va Metro Orange 1-2
9. Legends 1-2
10. Next Level 1-3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Week 2 - 2029 Top 10 Standings (only including teams that have 3+ games in)

1. M&D Black 3-0
2. Coppermine Black 2-1
3. Heros Green 2-1
4. BLC Blue 2-1
5. Heros White 2-1
6. Skywalkers Blue 2-1
7. MD United East 2-1
8. 3D Va Metro Orange 1-2
9. Legends 1-2
10. Next Level 1-3

Integrity at 2-0 is looking really good too!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This aged real well.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This aged real well.

Not really, they’re still the best. And my kid doesn’t play for Heros).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This aged real well.

They are good. Not the best. If they were the best they would have the best record.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This aged real well.

They are good. Not the best. If they were the best they would have the best record.

Stop. They are the best, they lost 1 game. M&D came in with a great game plan and jumped out to a big lead at half. I don't think Heros has given up more than 7 goals in a game in the last two years let alone a half. Kuddos to M&D. Heros adjusted at half and closed the gap. M&D finished the game off. It was a well played game by both teams. It is safe to say the talk of M&D falling off because of one bad tournament to start the fall was the post that really didn't age well. Not to take away anything from M&D, but, Heros doesn't lose the crown because of one loss.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree. They adjusted at the half and closed that gap. The true sign of a team that belongs at the top. Not sure if you can say the same for the others. Some of the scores are so lopsided between different teams. Even looking at the top 10 posted. Look at the scores between who played who. Feel sorry for those teams in the very low digits while the other team is way into the double digits. Something is broken. Did too many teams jump up to A? Is there an AA that's needed? or how about promotions AND almost more importantly relagation if there can only be an A and a B. I feel like there is such a difference between A and B that it's unfair for those as the top of B and those at the bottom of A.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, it's abundantly clear that there are too many team in the A. 19 teams in 1 division is ridiculous, as is having program B teams (like Hero's White, SW White, M&D Red, etc.) playing in the same division as their program's A teams. There will be teams that make the playoffs that have no business moving on, and teams that are far superior sitting at home.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They’ll still be ranked #1 Nationally. And by a landslide at that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t count out LI Roar

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t count out LI Roar

With their inflated ranking thanks to the “Long Island Bias” this fall. See they had a nice win against Tradition??? (who is somehow top 15, did I mention the LI bias yet?) Yeah we good. We will stick to talking about the mid Atlantic teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree. They adjusted at the half and closed that gap. The true sign of a team that belongs at the top. Not sure if you can say the same for the others. Some of the scores are so lopsided between different teams. Even looking at the top 10 posted. Look at the scores between who played who. Feel sorry for those teams in the very low digits while the other team is way into the double digits. Something is broken. Did too many teams jump up to A? Is there an AA that's needed? or how about promotions AND almost more importantly relagation if there can only be an A and a B. I feel like there is such a difference between A and B that it's unfair for those as the top of B and those at the bottom of A.

Ego... no one would want to be in "C" which would be the new B if you go AA, A, B. Not to mention some of these teams in B are rec teams who for some reason decided they wanted to be a "club" team. So top B teams from last year need to move up to A in order to get the competition they believe they deserve for being a legitimate club team. Also, I don't blame the NGLL as it is money in their pocket.

If the league was 12 teams with 6 playoff team (top 2 get a bye), there would be better alignment with schedules and you end up with a true playoff bracket based of head to head games.

However, to my original comment... If teams are willing to pay to participate in NGLL; I don't blame the NGLL for taking the money. This all goes back to club lacrosse is killing rec lacrosse. Parents have FOMO of their kid left out/behind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a good take. The sport is growing fast. The NGLL is going to have to figure something out because you will get teams signing up where they don't belong and several of these one sided matches. These type of games are not fun for the teams involved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The biggest mistake the league can make is going to divisions of AAA, AA, and A. HoCo boys league is a joke with so many divisions. Elite, AAAA, AAA, AA, A, B, C. Start evaluating the teams properly and have an elite division, B division, and a C division. Half the teams in the elite division belong in the B division and half the teams in the B division belong in the C division as it is now. Even it out with three divisions, you don’t need all of the subdivisions. Stop with your club’s lower team playing in the higher division. There’s a reason it’s the lower team. if you don’t like that your team goes from elite to B, try harder. Club lacrosse is getting ridiculous. All these divisions are for parent egos, nothing more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The issue is not club’s B teams. There are too many teams in A, but outside of the clear top 3 and bottom 3/4, the rest are fairly evenly matched - including some of the B teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The issue is not club’s B teams. There are too many teams in A, but outside of the clear top 3 and bottom 3/4, the rest are fairly evenly matched - including some of the B teams.

Agree and the problem with too many teams is scheduling. Heros, Coppermine and M&D had to play each other yet Intergity only plays M&D. Playoff seeding will reflect the in-balance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the requirements or criteria for being in the A division or even B division? That should dictate where teams play, NOT that it’s a club’s A, B, or even C team. As you all know, there’s at least one 2029 club team with more than two teams in A. Are there conditions when an “A” must go over to “B”? If not, maybe there should be. To quote from another poster “These type of games are not fun for the teams involved.”

Clubs have no problems moving girls up or down based on certain requirements or criteria, why can’t NGLL be the same with teams? I acknowledge the ego thing, to that if you don’t like your child’s team had to move over and believe or know is better, then tryout for a team that’s met the A requirements. Just my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the requirements or criteria for being in the A division or even B division?

From my understanding there are no requirements. They leave it up to the club to decide. That's how you end up with these "Why on earth is this team in the A division?" type of questions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tradition has lost to multiple teams and yet is still ranked higher than those teams 🤔

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
…but they do have the best record. This is the first game they’ve lost all year. Lol. Who had a better record than them overall this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tradition has lost to multiple teams and yet is still ranked higher than those teams 🤔

Said it once (well several times) and I’ll say it again. The rankings heavily favored LI teams this fall. And it’s run out of LI. It’s a joke! But not surprising.

The 3 best teams are in Maryland. And are 1,7,9 and should be 1,2,3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Said it once (well several times) and I’ll say it again. The rankings heavily favored LI teams this fall. And it’s run out of LI. It’s a joke! But not surprising.

The 3 best teams are in Maryland. And are 1,7,9 and should be 1,2,3.

Stop worrying about the Fall rankings. After pptwo summer tournaments, the rankings will look similar to how last season ended, maybe a little shuffle here and there.
2023 final rankings
Heroes
M&D
coppermine
eagle sticks
NXT
team 91
MDU
YJ
top guns
next level

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings are all math based. As bad teams lose, and reveal they are bad, those early wins in fall hold less and less value. Fall rankings always a bit off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s interesting that some of these clubs “B” teams got very easy schedules compared to the rest of the team. M&D red doesn’t play Heros, Coppermine or M&D black. Heros white only plays Coppermine black. How do the teams get matched for the game schedules? Seems like the B teams are getting easier schedules than A teams which will really throw off the final ranking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next level won’t make that list this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next level won’t make that list this year

Not at all…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is happening with Maryland United East? I did not expect them to be so far down the leader board in the NGLL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is happening with Maryland United East? I did not expect them to be so far down the leader board in the NGLL

Talked to a parent im friends with, terrible coaching and girls that just don’t put in the work. They also brought on a bunch of B players while the other elite programs brought in elite players. Team will implode at end of season, watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
East and West both only changed a couple girls out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
East and West both only changed a couple girls out

And they added other players from other teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe the poster meant B level players, not specifically B team players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you mean that they are adding players from other teams for certain games? I only ask because I’ve watched them play a few times and one time in particular they looked like a much different team than I saw playing the week before the players even look different.

Like Reply Quote
Page 23 of 24 1 2 21 22 23 24
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard