BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,822
Posts391,072
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 287 of 335 1 2 285 286 287 288 289 334 335
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Academically it is very good, Socially could go either way, some nice boys/girls and some not so nice boys/girls. McD has activities on campus most weekends , surrounding area isnt the greatest. Many of their boarders at McD dont live that far away, just dont want their kids to commute for sports and school. Many go home on weekend. BL all boys( recent boarding) is a campus away from most and not that big. It just started boarding....

If you son really wants to play at a High Level and has the drive and motivation and will go the extra mile with workouts, shooting , etc, then i would guess it is a good option if you dont mind missing him . Lots of people board their kids in HS. I would never, but many would . You only have one shot with them in HS. I personally would rather them be at home but wouldn't blame anyone who bordered their child.

The area around McDonogh isn't the greatest? BL has a small campus away from most? with are you even talking about? Owings Mills is fine, and BL has a huge campus on both sides of Lake Ave. that couldn't be more centrally located in the MIAA-A if it tried.

Owings Mills is fine? I mean I guess it is, compared to say the city, sure. If your from out of state, it may not be "fine" for you to have your teenage boy live there on his own.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lol - going to boarding school at an 800 acre private school isn't exactly living on their own.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was hoping to solicit some feedback from out-of-state families that has a son that goes to an MIAA school. My son plays club lacrosse in Maryland and is in middle school, we have had some conversations with some coaches about him attending school there for High School to play lacrosse. Have you found it worth if for him for lacrosse (obviously they are all amazing schools to attend academically and socially for the kids)? Our local HS is not a lacrosse powerhouse, so this is an attractive option for lacrosse for our family. We are obviously far away from knowing if he can develop into a player that can play at the next level, but I fear he won't have that opportunity if he is playing locally for a school that does not have a lot of lacrosse athletes. I would also love any feedback if your son lives on campus, we do not want to move to Maryland, so that would be our only option. You only get so many years with your kids, does the chance of playing at the next level outweigh not having your son at home all of the time? I am ignoring the financial implications at this time as I am aware of the cost (which is insane but it is what it is).

The only option for you would appear to be BL. McDonogh has boarding but it's only during the week I believe. If you're considering sending your kid to Baltimore for lax, you might want to look at the NE boarding schools in the founders league...lax is on par with the MIAA and all the schools are boarding schools.

Wait to see what happens at JC. See if their president lets the lax team use the dorms there.

John Carroll has dorms?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait to see what happens at JC. See if their president lets the lax team use the dorms there.

John Carroll has dorms?

Yes.

It is the school's former convent. On the back half of the property next to the pond and grass practice fields.

It houses international students as needed and has the dance studio in it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Owings Mills is fine? I mean I guess it is, compared to say the city, sure. If your from out of state, it may not be "fine" for you to have your teenage boy live there on his own.[/quote]

LOL at Owings Mills. I suppose that is the zip code but really? What is dicey - the horse farm? The T. Towe Price offices that abut part of the campus? It's 800 acres of grass before you get anywhere near Reisterstown Road. As for boarding, McDonogh only has 5 day boarding. There are local boarders that simply go home on the weekends. out of town students need to find a host family to take them on weekends. BL has 7 day boarding. BTW, BL's campus is not small and it's right on the north City/County line so its perfectly (literally) central.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Imagine how soft you have to be to think Owings freaking Mills is a dangerous place.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have boarders at Georgetown Prep and the dorm facilities (and the lacrosse team!!) are amazing. Look there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Imagine how soft you have to be to think Owings freaking Mills is a dangerous place.

So funny how you hero weekend warriors say how brave you are. Owings Mills is a cesspool around campus on one side. Parents and Students know this an avoid it, All you weekend heros wouldn't be caught anywhere near there after dark, yet you are the bravest keyboarders out there.

And yes, compared to Monroe or Fulton, yea not even close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Academically it is very good, Socially could go either way, some nice boys/girls and some not so nice boys/girls. McD has activities on campus most weekends , surrounding area isnt the greatest. Many of their boarders at McD dont live that far away, just dont want their kids to commute for sports and school. Many go home on weekend. BL all boys( recent boarding) is a campus away from most and not that big. It just started boarding....

If you son really wants to play at a High Level and has the drive and motivation and will go the extra mile with workouts, shooting , etc, then i would guess it is a good option if you dont mind missing him . Lots of people board their kids in HS. I would never, but many would . You only have one shot with them in HS. I personally would rather them be at home but wouldn't blame anyone who bordered their child.

The area around McDonogh isn't the greatest? BL has a small campus away from most? with are you even talking about? Owings Mills is fine, and BL has a huge campus on both sides of Lake Ave. that couldn't be more centrally located in the MIAA-A if it tried.

Yes , the area around McD isnt that great. I know you and your son received the emails from school telling everyone to stay away from certain areas outside school? Right mister know it all. And BL compared to McD isnt that big. Sorry you failed reading comprehension.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats - you are officially the softest person on the internet. Normally people puff their chests out and claim all sorts of things online, but at least you’re honest about being a punk. Good lord - grow a pair chief.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you, a good perspective to consider. I appreciate you taking time to respond.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good grief. There’s crime everywhere. Get over it.

McDonogh(coed)is the nicer campus but only weekday boarding.
Boys Latin(all boys) also has a very nice campus but has 7 day boarding.

There ya go. It’s that easy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the Baltimore teams at the New Balance All America tournament?
They looked bad
It’s The same Hawks and Spalding players who think they are the superstars are on the team. Look how they play on the Hawks and Spalding team, nothing but me me me lacrosse. I know the All American coaches were embarrassed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They looked bad
It’s The same Hawks and Spalding players who think they are the superstars are on the team. Look how they play on the Hawks and Spalding team, nothing but me me me lacrosse. I know the All American coaches were embarrassed.
Austin blaming anyone but his 91 players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They looked bad
Austin blaming anyone but his 91 players.

Bingo !
They looked bad

Hi There Austin Glad you decided to show up. Anything else

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Austin out at McD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Austin out at McD
Out at McD, In at JC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Austin out at McD
Out at McD, In at JC.

JC just extended their search.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the JC kids just got invited to NIke and New Balance!! Gilman boys are out!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A good staff for JC would be Austin HC with his 91 box coach. They could get the program moving with ties into the Fallston rec and the club network. Surprised Loyola hasn’t hired Austin!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully jc can keep the Canadian asst coach. He seemed good and even had some ballers lined up to come to bel air. Unfortunately the administration pulled financial help last minute in May. He probably will roll out and not deal with the BS. I would hope Austin could put together a better, more qualified and respected staff than the Gilman box coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A good staff for JC would be Austin HC with his 91 box coach. They could get the program moving with ties into the Fallston rec and the club network. Surprised Loyola hasn’t hired Austin!!

Surprised St P,McD,CH,Gil, didnt get rid of their coach for Austin. He has more knowledge than all of them combined.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Austin would be much better at a school where expectations are a bit lower and the timeline s bit longer. He could get it done at JC but he needs his box coach for the Fallston / Bel Air connections with the youth organizations. It would be a massive upgrade for the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor has … Loyola new head coach has already stepped in poop with a recent hire.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Austin would be much better at a school where expectations are a bit lower and the timeline s bit longer. He could get it done at JC but he needs his box coach for the Fallston / Bel Air connections with the youth organizations. It would be a massive upgrade for the program.

President has said expectations for jc is playoffs in 3 years. I really don’t think any bel air/Fallston parent would choose jc over baltimore schools with that guys resume.yes he is good at telling people how good he is but most see right through it and look for actual facts on a resume.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Surprised St P,McD,CH,Gil, didnt get rid of their coach for Austin. He has more knowledge than all of them combined.

So, Austin knows more than Hilgy (reigning 2-time MIAA champs) and BK? You are either the densest person on this site (a true accomplishment) or a troll - or both!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor has … Loyola new head coach has already stepped in poop with a recent hire.

Clearly you know the rumor. Just spill it instead of this fake fishing you're doing. What happened?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These posts [Censored] of Mark spewing Austin love.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

President has said expectations for jc is playoffs in 3 years. I really don’t think any bel air/Fallston parent would choose jc over baltimore schools with that guys resume.yes he is good at telling people how good he is but most see right through it and look for actual facts on a resume.

Plenty of time for the new guy. The 26 and 27 classes at Jc are pretty good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, Austin knows more than Hilgy (reigning 2-time MIAA champs) and BK? You are either the densest person on this site (a true accomplishment) or a troll - or both!

Hilgy has done less with more talent than any coach in MIAA. BK has held his program back with his nepotism for years. His talent level was off the charts, but if your last name didnt start with K, forget about it. Austin has neither issue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hilgy has done less with more talent than any coach in MIAA. BK has held his program back with his nepotism for years. His talent level was off the charts, but if your last name didnt start with K, forget about it. Austin has neither issue
Give it a rest you two.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t Loyola hire SF as OC?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the JC jobs are still wide open as they just popped back up on Indeed. Most qualified coaches have taken the high school and collegiate spots by now. Could be slim pickings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please hire the Gilman coach !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Mary’s really moving to the B conference? Hearing the new president of the school wants all the teams from st Mary’s in the same conference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The president never said this. Absolute lie. Also the president has a creep stache.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Mary’s really moving to the B conference? Hearing the new president of the school wants all the teams from st Mary’s in the same conference.

Funny because the football coach for 5 years now after winning the B conference title every year, they are moving up next year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IS there any school with all its teams in the same conference? I guess some might be all C.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably smart move now that all the talent goes to Spalding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The president never said this. Absolute lie. Also the president has a creep stache.

The president gave the last coach 3 seasons, so story checks out.

Like Reply Quote
Page 287 of 335 1 2 285 286 287 288 289 334 335
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard