BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Annapolis Hawks
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,915
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 126 of 128 1 2 124 125 126 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How are the crabs 27s? Trying to get a read on how the crabs 28s will be next year.

They just lost to True so not looking that amazing which had a 4-0 lead over them to start their game. Their big cali trip looked to be a dud. Looking actually worse than last year at this point.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the crabs 27s? Trying to get a read on how the crabs 28s will be next year.

I always enjoy these types of posts. Ma’am please enlighten us all to what elite level club your son plays on that has no holdbacks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I always enjoy these types of posts. Ma’am please enlighten us all to what elite level club your son plays on that has no holdbacks?

My son is not a holdback. I look at the holdbacks on his team the same way I look at crabs holdbacks. There are just happens to be way more on crabs than any other clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is not a holdback. I look at the holdbacks on his team the same way I look at crabs holdbacks. There are just happens to be way more on crabs than any other clubs.

Make sure you let those parents know how you feel while standing on the sidelines next to them face to face. 🤔

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Make sure you let those parents know how you feel while standing on the sidelines next to them face to face. 🤔

Of course there are more on Crabs than another club-because it is promoted by King Crab. He has promoted it not for years, but decades, as have the BL coaches going back to the 80's.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Make sure you tell everyone your kid is a year older when he out muscles the younger kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Make sure you tell everyone your kid is a year older when he out muscles the younger kids.

BL School has also promoted the holdback going back to the 80's. Gave them a major advantage until other schools caught on at the percentage that it occurs @ BL. The current move there is the "International Boarding School" This is home to arts & humanities students..... Yea right??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids hold back because they can’t cut it academically or are immature socially. Not for an advantage in Lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids hold back because they can’t cut it academically or are immature socially. Not for an advantage in Lacrosse.

Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re joking, right? People absolutely hold their kids back for an advantage in sports.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And, If you believe that …. there is a bridge for sale in Brooklyn!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re joking, right? People absolutely hold their kids back for an advantage in sports.

I would say 90% of the kids that are held back is because of sports! At least from what I see in our area. However, It does also offer other advantages having an extra year academically. So? Probably worth doing for both reasons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Malcolm Gladwell literally wrote a chapter in one of his books about holdings kids back for athletic advantages: https://www.arcticicehockey.com/2008/12/malcolm-gladwells-outliers-and-making.html

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Malcolm Gladwell literally wrote a chapter in one of his books about holdings kids back for athletic advantages: https://www.arcticicehockey.com/2008/12/malcolm-gladwells-outliers-and-making.html

but that's hockey

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

but that's hockey

AND FROM 2008 so its not relevant

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

but that's hockey

King Crab & the whole BL sports Lax complex have pushed holdbacks for years. Their middle school gives them the perfect opportunity to do this. Not very many of their senior starters will turn 18 this calendar year-that happened last year. If it does not give you an advantage then why are you doing it? Please just answer that question....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

but that's hockey

King Crab & the whole BL sports Lax complex have pushed holdbacks for years. Their middle school gives them the perfect opportunity to do this. Not very many of their senior starters will turn 18 this calendar year-that happened last year. If it does not give you an advantage then why are you doing it? Please just answer that question....

Who cares. This topic has been beaten to death and if you don’t know why it’s being done then no one can help. Next topic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

but that's hockey

Who cares. This topic has been beaten to death and if you don’t know why it’s being done then no one can help. Next topic.

BL's loss to Severn. Maybe they can promote some of their Juniors off JV team to Varsity to help win these types of games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the vaunted 2025 Nike team? Wasn’t this team a handpicked Crabs/FCA/91/LB/McD/St.Paul’s special. Invite lots of kids and charge them $300 and send them home with some film and a broken heart. Classic Crab-get them a cakewalk in pool play only to have a Sunday meltdown. Will the brain trust ever run a fair tryout to truly get the best players on a Nike team? Probably not-just about $$. My kid did not tryout-busy playing in out of town tourney. Just the same observations of UA/Nike over the years in Bmore…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fun fact, holdback parents are quite good at changing the subject ("I mean, all the kids are big these days!") or not answering that question directly ("Oh his birthday is in January" (when asked how old), or answering it in a joke ("Oh I don't know why he's so big in 8th grade, maybe he's really 22 years old, ha ha!").

If they are academic or "maturity" holdbacks, the parents are honest about it about 50% of the time. Sports-specific holdback parents - evasive. If it's no big deal and it's allowed, why so coy about it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And, If you believe that …. there is a bridge for sale in Brooklyn!

I got many for sale around the country if you believe kids are not heldback for sports purposes only.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the vaunted 2025 Nike team? Wasn’t this team a handpicked Crabs/FCA/91/LB/McD/St.Paul’s special. Invite lots of kids and charge them $300 and send them home with some film and a broken heart. Classic Crab-get them a cakewalk in pool play only to have a Sunday meltdown. Will the brain trust ever run a fair tryout to truly get the best players on a Nike team? Probably not-just about $$. My kid did not tryout-busy playing in out of town tourney. Just the same observations of UA/Nike over the years in Bmore…
Yup and the kids that made sent in their film from 8th grade and made it. And the One attacker that didn’t tryout or send in the film was on the team. All politics and nothing more

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs foundation donations must be in full swing for the OOS players. Must be a holdback to qualify.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm hearing there is gonna be a lot of turnover on that '27 team. At least 7 new faces. Which is more than they have replaced in the past. Hearing they are looking or a whole new midfield and to replace their bottom 2 attackers and defenders.
Some good opportunities for some kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm hearing there is gonna be a lot of turnover on that '27 team. At least 7 new faces. Which is more than they have replaced in the past. Hearing they are looking or a whole new midfield and to replace their bottom 2 attackers and defenders.

Has anyone actually heard anything about who made the team for any of the Crabs teams, other than the email blast sent out last week?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Has anyone actually heard anything about who made the team for any of the Crabs teams, other than the email blast sent out last week?

If you haven’t heard either way, yet, you are likely on the bubble and contingent upon other offers. Reach out to the coach and ask.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it really that bad for 27 that you remind us of "some good opportunities"?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

too bad those opportunities are being taken by the 2026 kids who ride the pine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does crabs still allow hold backs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By high school, that’s all they want.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

too bad those opportunities are being taken by the 2026 kids who ride the pine.

so true!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Allow"? More like strongly recommend/encourage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the 2025 Crabs goalie, as well as others out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like some big changes coming to 2025 again!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Went to Team 91 Shock. The Coach and King Crab said they were going to blow up the team. So they did. Thank goodness Kelly is leaving and hopefully new coach will be a better fit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By high school, that’s all they want.

of course

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year at least 7 kids from FCA went to crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where
Went to Team 91 Shock. The Coach and King Crab said they were going to blow up the team. So they did. Thank goodness Kelly is leaving and hopefully new coach will be a better fit.

Where is Kelly going?? Back to FCA??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where

Where is Kelly going?? Back to FCA??

True

Like Reply Quote
Page 126 of 128 1 2 124 125 126 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard