BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,778
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
28 players on a travel team.... Wow! If there wasn't enough players to make a 4th team the few extra kids should have been cut!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do everyone a favor and worry about your own kid. Unfortunately, after reading this string of ridiculousness, it's obvious to everyone that you are likely to raise an insecure individual that loathes everyone else's success. Apple trees grow apples!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rumor is that Team 91 just took a kid from Express Terps as a middie! Why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son is on the 2018 Terps and we have had pretty much the same team for the last two years. I am not aware of and have not seen kids from our team go and play for the other two (B and C)teams in this age bracket.

There is one kid, who I know is technically on the B team that plays for the Terps from time to time when we need another player, but that is the only one. I cant speak to how those other teams are run, but I can tell you that our team is run very well with lots of practice and games both locally and against strong teams from other areas. This year we have played the crabs, 365 lax, a couple of Mass teams, and teams from california and texas.

Again, I know this is the Terp (A) team and the situation on the B and C might be totally different, but our team is not sending kids down to B and C to help them win tournaments...

I am a Piranha (C) parent. We have had the same team since September. We have never had a player from one of the other LIE 2018 Teams come down and play for us.

sorry Piranha parent MC doesnt really care if you win or lose. Its the A and B team. OK Terp parent. After the loss to 91 at Shamrock you havent seen any new players guess my infos' wrong. Ask the 2017 parents about the new Terps Black and Terps. Its just a known fact that teams arent what the were when you made the team and paid. I saw and see it first hand this year and last. Guess I am miss counting the 28 kids on a sideline when we were told the team was only 22-23 players

Question - Who told you the team was only 22 players? If you don't play for Express why are you so worried about how many kids there are? Let those parents worry about that. So far the Express parents that have chimed in seem to be ok with the team sizes. BAsed on the tone of your post I'm starting to guess you didn't make the team you expected to, went to another club and have a axe to grind . Worry about your own kid and team. this whole accusation started against the 2018 teams. If your issue is 2017 take it to that thread

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

who cares? Guess the players that are going to lose playing time do.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is on the 2018 Terps and we have had pretty much the same team for the last two years. I am not aware of and have not seen kids from our team go and play for the other two (B and C)teams in this age bracket.

There is one kid, who I know is technically on the B team that plays for the Terps from time to time when we need another player, but that is the only one. I cant speak to how those other teams are run, but I can tell you that our team is run very well with lots of practice and games both locally and against strong teams from other areas. This year we have played the crabs, 365 lax, a couple of Mass teams, and teams from california and texas.

Again, I know this is the Terp (A) team and the situation on the B and C might be totally different, but our team is not sending kids down to B and C to help them win tournaments...

I am a Piranha (C) parent. We have had the same team since September. We have never had a player from one of the other LIE 2018 Teams come down and play for us.

sorry Piranha parent MC doesnt really care if you win or lose. Its the A and B team. OK Terp parent. After the loss to 91 at Shamrock you havent seen any new players guess my infos' wrong. Ask the 2017 parents about the new Terps Black and Terps. Its just a known fact that teams arent what the were when you made the team and paid. I saw and see it first hand this year and last. Guess I am miss counting the 28 kids on a sideline when we were told the team was only 22-23 players

Question - Who told you the team was only 22 players? If you don't play for Express why are you so worried about how many kids there are? Let those parents worry about that. So far the Express parents that have chimed in seem to be ok with the team sizes. BAsed on the tone of your post I'm starting to guess you didn't make the team you expected to, went to another club and have a axe to grind . Worry about your own kid and team. this whole accusation started against the 2018 teams. If your issue is 2017 take it to that thread

I am an Express parent and my son made the team we thought he would make. We made our decision and will play the whole season out but never again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is true. The best middie on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best middie!! That's great!!!The same one that was the best middie a few years ago on Team LI. Good for your guys! Good Luck to him!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three years three different clubs. Wonder?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't see any problem with changing club teams. You get to hear a different perspective and voice. Plus the way some teams act is better for certain people than other teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's the deception. You made the A team and then things change. New players added to teams and then new teams being formed in multiple age groups. Promises, promises. There are those that are happy just being associated with a winning team and are complacent enough to eat what they are fed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cage - please remove the personal comments about they 12 year old -people know who these comments refer too and it is not right

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Cage - please remove the personal comments about they 12 year old -people know who these comments refer too and it is not right
Another anonymous drive-by moderator who wants the job of censoring the board when it meets their needs. Seems that the following are true :

(a) A player left the team.
(b) The player was a midfielder.
(c) The skill set from this player is high.
(d) The player has been on three teams over recent years.

The player has not been named and there is certainly nothing derogatory or negative from these sentences. As for the 12 year old in question, BOTC does not know the player and most readers do not know the player. Nothing seems to require additional moderation here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't see any problem with changing club teams. You get to hear a different perspective and voice. Plus the way some teams act is better for certain people than other teams.

Well that is so true and I agree. I just don't agree that it is a fair and reasonable thing to do to the players and coaches in May when the team was selected and has been playing and working together since the fall. I have had my son on a team and was not happy there, so I did change programs. BUT I waited until after the summer tournament season was over and my son and I both Thanked the coaches and players then moved on. I would not have let my son ever do that to his teammates and friends.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WOW!! That's great one!!! but it was ok when the comments some people write with initals and nick names and names,names of businesses before the moderator sees it were ok???????BTW not all of us know who it refers to.Some of us don't play for either of those clubs.Some of our children actually play for someof the other many mnay teams in that age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 already gave Express Terps a beat down and is clearly the better team, why would the 91 organization start a war in mid season by stealing a player in May? I really wonder if 91 smells blood in the water and is going in for the kill ? Is this a one time thing or is more to come?

A war??? Stealing a player?? Pretty sure he wasn't abducted in the middle of the night. That is such a typical comment from an idiot parent. The better questions are: how are all the players feeling about a new player walking on the team in May, after you all tried out, paid and have been playing for months together?? How are all the parents feeling about the coaches not having enough confidence in the current players that they took in a additional player now,and notsaid "little Johnny wait until next seasons tryouts to come join us"? Sounds like more completion at certain positions now that makes for some shorter playing time for others. How do the players on the B team feel not be asked to move up from their own organization to fill that spot? Or any others for that matter?? and BTW my son plays with Team LI and I know the kid in question. Not surprised.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WOW!! That's great one!!! but it was ok when the comments some people write with initals and nick names and names,names of businesses before the moderator sees it were ok???????BTW not all of us know who it refers to.Some of us don't play for either of those clubs.Some of our children actually play for someof the other many mnay teams in that age group.

adults, coaches and organizations (businesses) seem to be fair game on here but not direct hits against kids, and the post in question was removed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 already gave Express Terps a beat down and is clearly the better team, why would the 91 organization start a war in mid season by stealing a player in May? I really wonder if 91 smells blood in the water and is going in for the kill ? Is this a one time thing or is more to come?

A war??? Stealing a player?? Pretty sure he wasn't abducted in the middle of the night. That is such a typical comment from an idiot parent. The better questions are: how are all the players feeling about a new player walking on the team in May, after you all tried out, paid and have been playing for months together?? How are all the parents feeling about the coaches not having enough confidence in the current players that they took in a additional player now,and notsaid "little Johnny wait until next seasons tryouts to come join us"? Sounds like more completion at certain positions now that makes for some shorter playing time for others. How do the players on the B team feel not be asked to move up from their own organization to fill that spot? Or any others for that matter?? and BTW my son plays with Team LI and I know the kid in question. Not surprised.

lets just say at the end of the day player movement in May is not good for any team whether they are losing or gaining a player it disrupts teams chemistry

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't have team chemistry if players, play as a "one man show" it will require a player to learn the old saying ...there is no I in TEAM...maybe some coaches can teach that, since some parents don't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? Why not? The kid left his team/friends at the start of summer tournament season and shopped for another option. His parental units were not happy with their prior two organizations. So maybe this time it will work out for the kid. SL said sure come on over!!! Don't worry about the players that have been with me for years or months,they will understand you taking there playing time away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? Why not? The kid left his team/friends at the start of summer tournament season and shopped for another option. His parental units were not happy with their prior two organizations. So maybe this time it will work out for the kid. SL said sure come on over!!! Don't worry about the players that have been with me for years or months,they will understand you taking there playing time away.

Sheldon Cooper if you are reading this.....that was sarcasm

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the record, I'm not a parent on either team. However, these things happen all the time. We all must rememeber that these teams our children play on are a grown man's business. At the end of the day the revenue from these teams pay mortgages, car payments, tuition, etc. It's all about the business. On the flip side, many parents will do whatever they think is in the best interest of their kids happiness and well being. These top teams are not all fun and games for the kids, these kids are pushed very hard and results are demanded. Before you pass judgement on either end, stop and think. What would I do in the best interest of my business? What would I do in the best interest of my son? Not so cut and dry on either side of the conversation...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the record, I'm not a parent on either team. However, these things happen all the time. We all must rememeber that these teams our children play on are a grown man's business. At the end of the day the revenue from these teams pay mortgages, car payments, tuition, etc. It's all about the business. On the flip side, many parents will do whatever they think is in the best interest of their kids happiness and well being. These top teams are not all fun and games for the kids, these kids are pushed very hard and results are demanded. Before you pass judgement on either end, stop and think. What would I do in the best interest of my business? What would I do in the best interest of my son? Not so cut and dry on either side of the conversation...

As parents we are consumers of an expensive non-necessity product, and as consumers and parents we have a lot of time and money invested in these businesses and that is why so many of these posts are so emotional/irrational. What better a forum then to opine about these titan's of industry?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But you cant spell WIN without an I... grin cry whistle

Can't have team chemistry if players, play as a "one man show" it will require a player to learn the old saying ...there is no I in TEAM...maybe some coaches can teach that, since some parents don't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In life,for some of us it isnt always about the win..its about character and integrity.For some of us its about raising kids with morals and values. But then again for others its just about selfish needs and wants and money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In life,for some of us it isnt always about the win..its about character and integrity.For some of us its about raising kids with morals and values. But then again for others its just about selfish needs and wants and money.

All for raising kids with morals and values. Also want to raise kids to know and realize the situations they are in in life. Much of adult life is dog eat dog. Especially, when money and personal advancement are at stake.... One does not have to be immoral or lack good values to be competitive or disirerious of personal achievement. Trust me when I say, we all need to be looking out for the best interest of our sons in this world of travel lacrosse. There are some great teams, coaches and clubs out there. However, the second your son stops producing at a high level on some of these super elite teams, all loyalty and integrity go out the window. They will become yesterday's news in heartbeat. So, again don't judge either side too quickly....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry guys you are all missing the point. Life is hard yes, the clubs are here to make money yes, but quitting mid season and going to another club is not the right answer. Parents should not make things worse by leaving in the middle, stick it out and dont play next year.

Unless of course these people moved and could no longer make it to practice or unless of course their child was treated badly...

But you dont leave a team in the middle of a season without a valid reason, which this particular family may or may not have. Bottom line, life is tough and you dont take your ball and go home every time something doesnt go your way...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry guys you are all missing the point. Life is hard yes, the clubs are here to make money yes, but quitting mid season and going to another club is not the right answer. Parents should not make things worse by leaving in the middle, stick it out and dont play next year.

Unless of course these people moved and could no longer make it to practice or unless of course their child was treated badly...

But you dont leave a team in the middle of a season without a valid reason, which this particular family may or may not have. Bottom line, life is tough and you dont take your ball and go home every time something doesnt go your way...

It's not the middle of the season. You pay for the SUMMER season with these teams which hasn't started yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of a 2018 terps player, I can tell you we are further than the middle of the season. the team has been playing together since the week after try-outs. Only four tournaments left, already competed in may...

Payments for these clubs are no longer just for summer--it is fall, winter, spring and summer.

well past middle...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of a 2018 terps player, I can tell you we are further than the middle of the season. the team has been playing together since the week after try-outs. Only four tournaments left, already competed in may...

Payments for these clubs are no longer just for summer--it is fall, winter, spring and summer.

well past middle...

The other non summer stuff cost additional money for almost all clubs. It's ala carte for everything. What you pay for is the summer program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not on 2018 terps...team has been set and playing since tryouts and it is not ala-carte.

maybe it is different where your child plays. welcome to the world of year round lax...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not on 2018 terps...team has been set and playing since tryouts and it is not ala-carte.

maybe it is different where your child plays. welcome to the world of year round lax...

My son played with the express for a couple of years and everything is at an additional cost! The winter training, fall and spring tournaments, and OBLL all cost extra from the summer team fee!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a 2018 Terps parent, I also agree that we are well into our season and was very disappointed that we had a player leave at this stage of the season. I guess there are always some that feel the grass is greener somewhere else. I wish that player luck and hope he is happy with his parents' decision. We have a great group of boys that get along very well with each other and I am sure he will be missed by them,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son played with the express for a couple of years and everything is at an additional cost! The winter training, fall and spring tournaments, and OBLL all cost extra from the summer team fee!

Only additional cost is OBLL. Fall, Winter and Summer are all included in your,dare I say, rather large "tuition".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a 2018 Terps parent, I also agree that we are well into our season and was very disappointed that we had a player leave at this stage of the season. I guess there are always some that feel the grass is greener somewhere else. I wish that player luck and hope he is happy with his parents' decision. We have a great group of boys that get along very well with each other and I am sure he will be missed by them,

As another 2018 Terp parent,boys and parents are very disappointed! Sad that his parents decision was to leave at this time,Good Luck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is not the case anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is not the case anymore.

A lot changed since last year huh. That was the last year he played for the express.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This begs the question - what would you do if you and your son are unsatisfied with the program. We've been told that we should stick it out then not come back the next year. That approach seems rather of fatalistic. Do you go to the coach and tell them your concerns? What topics are and are not acceptable to discuss with the coach/owner: Unequal playing time, poor training, poor/lack of plays, loosing record, too large a roster, poor communication/logistics. Just how much do you as a parent push back in these situations? Hasn't happened to me yet. I am just curious. Are you just supposed to stick it out and say goodbye at the end of the season? In the end we are customers with a right to expect a satisfactory product/service.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This begs the question - what would you do if you and your son are unsatisfied with the program. We've been told that we should stick it out then not come back the next year. That approach seems rather of fatalistic. Do you go to the coach and tell them your concerns? What topics are and are not acceptable to discuss with the coach/owner: Unequal playing time, poor training, poor/lack of plays, loosing record, too large a roster, poor communication/logistics. Just how much do you as a parent push back in these situations? Hasn't happened to me yet. I am just curious. Are you just supposed to stick it out and say goodbye at the end of the season? In the end we are customers with a right to expect a satisfactory product/service.

There is nothing you can do except not give them your money next year. If you want to eat the money you already paid you can jump ship before the end of the season but that teaches your kid a bad lesson.

I agree that we are customers but NONE of these directors see it like that. If they did the FULL prices would be listed before tryouts. It's crazy that in MD they can have a not for profit club charging WAY less than the worst clubs charge on LI and there kids get just as good of an experience as our best clubs A teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As another 2018 Terp parent,boys and parents are very disappointed! Sad that his parents decision was to leave at this time,Good Luck

Why did he leave?

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard