BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
Re: 2013 Oyster Bay Lacrosse League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is this the 9th grade Crabs or the 8th grade team? They are both considered U-15. If this is the 9th grade Crabs I hope it is the Baracudas and not the Terps Black that are going to play them. No disrespect to the Terps but the 9th grade Crabs are on a different level.

I agree. 9th grade crabs are tremendously good. I don't think BCudas every beat them, but thats Maryland style with the held back players and what we hear on this board consistently. 8th grade terps black and 91 orange will be in a lot of trouble if its the older group.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this the 9th grade Crabs or the 8th grade team? They are both considered U-15. If this is the 9th grade Crabs I hope it is the Baracudas and not the Terps Black that are going to play them. No disrespect to the Terps but the 9th grade Crabs are on a different level.

That would be because no kid on the 9th grade team is 15. All older. MD teams play down, proven fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On the Crabs website it has the Crabs 2015 team coming up to play. Not the U15 team.

That could be ugly if the 10th grade team comes up to play 8th graders.

http://www.baltimorelacrosseclub.net/Bulletins.asp?snid=dMIF[1J3\&org=baltimorelacrosseclub.net

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
again, i don't have a problem with MC making money, but the leauge is poorly run. to find out on a Wednesday what time and where your Sat game is is just inconsiderate to others. We all have other things to do on Sat and now we plan our day around waiting to find out when the game will be played. And i had no choice to be in or out. My sons team chosse to be in so if he does not play he falls behind.

You cannot tell me that with a little more planning we can't get schedules ahead of time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IF and that is a BIG IF... the referees call the game with limited contact - which is how the game should be called and played.... the competition would be great for all - hopefully they can get a crew that has worked together, and even a 3rd ref for some of these games

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On the Crabs website it has the Crabs 2015 team coming up to play. Not the U15 team.

http://www.baltimorelacrosseclub.net/Bulletins.asp?snid=dMIF[1J3\&org=baltimorelacrosseclub.net

On the Crabs website it says the U15 team is coming up. See below for their schedule. On Sunday they are playing a team made up of 2017 boys from different clubs at the MMA.

Sat, 4/6
1:00p

Game

vs LI Express
Field of Dreams (NY)

Sat, 4/6
3:00p

Game

vs Team 91 - Jimmy Mule
Field of Dreams (NY)

Sun, 4/7
10:00a

Game

vs Kings Point Select
US MMA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland Crabs (U15) are coming up this weekend. Playing at Field of Dreams on Saturday (4/6). Express - 1:00 and Team 91 at 3:00...pack a lunch and go watch some great lacrosse.

Which express and 91 teams are they gonna play? I thought that the Terps black and 91 orange aren't in the OBLL

Express Terps Black and Team 91 orange (JM team). Should be great games.

Not true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at the Crabs site I noticed that it costs 500-900 for the season to play with them. That's the difference between a non profit club and the for profit milk you dry clubs we have on here on the island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can do that here on long island too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland Crabs (U15) are coming up this weekend. Playing at Field of Dreams on Saturday (4/6). Express - 1:00 and Team 91 at 3:00...pack a lunch and go watch some great lacrosse.

Which express and 91 teams are they gonna play? I thought that the Terps black and 91 orange aren't in the OBLL

Express Terps Black and Team 91 orange (JM team). Should be great games.

Not true

What's "not true"?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW! You really need to get off the subject of cost, move to another state... PLEASE!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
http://www.baltimorelacrosseclub.net/Schedule.asp?MyTeam=224421&snid=dMIG%5C5M6X&org=baltimorelacrosseclub.net

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you look closely at their website, the crabs are bringing both their u13 and u15 teams.

http://www.baltimorelacrosseclub.net/Schedule.asp?MyTeam=224421&snid=dMIG%5C5M6X&org=baltimorelacrosseclub.net

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On the Crabs website it says the U15 team is coming up. See below for their schedule. On Sunday they are playing a team made up of 2017 boys from different clubs at the MMA.

Sat, 4/6

Game

vs LI Express
Field of Dreams (NY)

Sat, 4/6

Game

vs Team 91 - Jimmy Mule
Field of Dreams (NY)

Sun, 4/7

Game

vs Kings Point Select
US MMA

Yes, it sure does say "2015 Crabs" to play LI Express. Which is the Express Terps Black 2017 team. What is the real story with this? Sophomores playing 8th graders is not a good thing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sat, 4/6

Game

vs LI Express
Field of Dreams (NY)

Sat, 4/6

Game

vs Team 91 - Jimmy Mule
Field of Dreams (NY)

Sun, 4/7

Game

vs Kings Point Select
US MMA

Yes, it sure does say "2015 Crabs" to play LI Express. Which is the Express Terps Black 2017 team. What is the real story with this? Sophomores playing 8th graders is not a good thing

However it would be if you were talking about the turtles being demanded to play up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sat, 4/6

Game

vs LI Express
Field of Dreams (NY)

Sat, 4/6

Game

vs Team 91 - Jimmy Mule
Field of Dreams (NY)

Sun, 4/7

Game

vs Kings Point Select
US MMA

That would be 16 and 17 year old sophomores to be exact. As most of that team will be 19 as seniors in HS. MD lax, gotta love it. You see in MD 2015 means the grade you're in, not the grade you're going into. If it is there 2015 team, that's just plain silly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Direct off of their website, that is, the Crabs.

Sat 04/06/2013 Team
Massapequa, Field of Dreams (NY)
1:00p - 2:00p > 2015 Crabs vs. LI Express
1:00p - 2:00p > U15 Fall 2012 & 2013 vs. LI Express
2:00p - 3:00p > U13 - Fall 2012 & 2013 vs. LI Express
3:00p - 4:00p > U15 Fall 2012 & 2013 vs. Team 91 - Jimmy Mule
4:00p - 5:00p > U13 - Fall 2012 & 2013 vs. Team 365

Sun 04/07/2013 Team
Kings Point, US MMA
10:00a - 11:00a > U15 Fall 2012 & 2013 vs. Kings Point Select
11:00a - 12:00p > U13 - Fall 2012 & 2013 vs. Kings Point Select

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the terps have at least five kids that should be in 9th grade so shut up and play the game. What goes around comes around..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the terps have at least five kids that should be in 9th grade so shut up and play the game. What goes around comes around..

my kid is on that team and I know of only one kid who falls into that category...so what?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shut up? wow, cyber tough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

my kid is on that team and I know of only one kid who falls into that category...so what?

Exactly so what. My kid is also on the black team, i too know of only one young man and he isn't the age of sophomores, meaning 2015 grad year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so what????....can all teams cheat and add players who are to old....you tough guys would be the first to "rat out" another team for having older kids !!!!!! But since they are your older players it's ok

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly so what. My kid is also on the black team, i too know of only one young man and he isn't the age of sophomores, meaning 2015 grad year.

Ok, why dont we just cut the nonsense. My son isnt on the "Black" but he knows as does every other kid that plays travel lax on Long Island that your team has several older kids who would otherwise be 9th graders. Its really not a big deal but I still dont understand why people like you feel the need to deny it. If you dont know who the older kids are, ask your fellow parents, Im sure theyll be happy to point them out to you..........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for validating the cost per player that someone (probably guilty club owner) tried to refute

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
id rather see TB or Turtles against the crabs than 91

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should've been at shamrock shootout were the 91 got beat bad by TB, point is it happened already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should've been at shamrock shootout were the 91 got beat bad by TB, point is it happened already.

And turtles beat 91 in the winter by a bunch of points, so that happened already also. Terps black beat TB in shamrock championship game and TB crushed 91 so it seems like 91 is not in the upper end of the 2017 class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok - im not dissing the 91 team,
just wondering why the turtles or TB would not be invited to play against the crabs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
weekend schedule anyone?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just wondering why the turtles or TB would not be invited to play against the crabs

Personal relationship between coaches?? I do believe the 91 team traveled to Maryland last year for some friendly scrimmages.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
OBLL Week #6 Schedule (April 6th/7th)

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is BBL ? How do they compare to other club teams ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Close for this week, lets see how 2019 does. Should be no complaints from anyone. fl$ & revolution can put themselves on the map. Still would have loved to see the below.

Can we get a schedule like this for 2019
91 white v outlaws black
Green Machine v Jesters
fl$ v Riptide

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any scores from the Games against the mighty Crabs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Personal relationship between coaches?? I do believe the 91 team traveled to Maryland last year for some friendly scrimmages.

91 was never scheduled to play them & they didnt. Sorry, mis-information on their website, I guess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Terps black tied 6-6 into the 3rd; holding their own, then things came unraveled and ended 12-7? Crabs yesterday

Crabs then had field day with merchant marine league all stars today 14-1!

Big kids....many u15's, some u-16's. Crabs have some holes in their game but the Terps O couldn't capitalize on numerous possessions and shots and crabs had three or 4 goals on an empty cage when goalie came forward up field and crabs capitalized quickly on the turnovers.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Terps black tied 6-6 into the 3rd; holding their own, then things came unraveled and ended 12-7? Crabs yesterday

Crabs then had field day with merchant marine league all stars today 14-1!

Big kids....many u15's, some u-16's. Crabs have some holes in their game but the Terps O couldn't capitalize on numerous possessions and shots and crabs had three or 4 goals on an empty cage when goalie came forward up field and crabs capitalized quickly on the turnovers.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda...

Very honest and accurate. Nice to see many parents whom didn't have kids on express to watch a good clash between LI vs MD select lax. Some were saying Terps black go down to MD next week to play them again. Did 91 play crabs also after express game? If so what was score?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know about any merchant marine league all star team, but someone scheduled the Team LI U-13 team to play the U-15 Crabs! Why? The Crabs' parents said they didn't want to drive 5 hours to play a U-13 team, and the Team LI parents' reaction is unprintable. Supposedly (all rumor), the Team 91 U-15 team didn't want any part of the Crabs so dropped out and the Team LI U-13 team had the honor of replacing them. The score was 25-1 or 30-1 or something like that, but who's counting?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know about any merchant marine league all star team, but someone scheduled the Team LI U-13 team to play the U-15 Crabs! Why? The Crabs' parents said they didn't want to drive 5 hours to play a U-13 team, and the Team LI parents' reaction is unprintable. Supposedly (all rumor), the Team 91 U-15 team didn't want any part of the Crabs so dropped out and the Team LI U-13 team had the honor of replacing them. The score was 25-1 or 30-1 or something like that, but who's counting?

Holy exaggeration. It was 13-1. Were they overmatched? absolutely, Did they compete? absolutely. They actually won about 70% of the face offs! Kuos to those 12 YEAR olds! No one was upset. The crabs were clean an respectful. In fairness, I wouln't have wante to travel 5 HRS FOR THAT GAME EITHER.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs brought two teams. A mixed u15/16 and a U13. The mixed 15/16 team beat the 2017 guys by 14-1 (10-0@half).

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard