BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,324
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 98 of 327 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Where are all the YJ haters now.Once again good job by CR playing the girls against better competition at Shamrock. Too funny when TG parents come on this site to go after CR and the Jackets only to be proven wrong time and again.Keep playing in winter league against town teams your age and nice job by one of your daddy shamrock allstars teams playing in the B division. You all should be so proud.

These are the guys who stack a team with club players and enter them as a town team in their age group. BTW, I think there are 2 daddy shamrock all-star teams playing in the 6th grade B division. Wear that championship t-shirt with pride daddy.

You're absolutely correct! It's almost as bad as posting your championship and runner-up status at the babylon lax tourney on your website as if it were a major accomplishment of some sort - and yes those were full summer team rosters beating up on local town teams in that tourney, bad enough to do it, but even more hideous to actually brag about it on your website

Very true it's almost as silly as thinking SS got cut from the US team because she was too good , or as ridiculous as a club showing up and supporting local tournaments.Posting team accomplishments is way worse than posting resumes that state being a major threat on offense for Suffolk community as your best accomplishment.

Very true, can't begin to measure up with your coaches from dowling, molly, adelphi, etc -
How about a coach that waddles up and down the sidelines spitting tobacco into a water bottle. Class act you got there.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are all the YJ haters now.Once again good job by CR playing the girls against better competition at Shamrock. Too funny when TG parents come on this site to go after CR and the Jackets only to be proven wrong time and again.Keep playing in winter league against town teams your age and nice job by one of your daddy shamrock allstars teams playing in the B division. You all should be so proud.

These are the guys who stack a team with club players and enter them as a town team in their age group. BTW, I think there are 2 daddy shamrock all-star teams playing in the 6th grade B division. Wear that championship t-shirt with pride daddy.

You're absolutely correct! It's almost as bad as posting your championship and runner-up status at the babylon lax tourney on your website as if it were a major accomplishment of some sort - and yes those were full summer team rosters beating up on local town teams in that tourney, bad enough to do it, but even more hideous to actually brag about it on your website

Very true it's almost as silly as thinking SS got cut from the US team because she was too good , or as ridiculous as a club showing up and supporting local tournaments.Posting team accomplishments is way worse than posting resumes that state being a major threat on offense for Suffolk community as your best accomplishment.

Very true, can't begin to measure up with your coaches from dowling, molly, adelphi, etc -
How about a coach that waddles up and down the sidelines spitting tobacco into a water bottle. Class act you got there.

You are going to have to be more specific sounds as if you may be talking about the chief of your TG organization, whichever one is actually running it the description fits both.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not only are the comments going back and forth an embarrassment for both clubs, it is embarrassing for long island lacrosse. grow up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's absolutely embarrassing that CR would do something like this. I really feel for the YJ parents as they all back pedal and squirm when asked why this is going on. They don’t want to face town teams of their own age and yet there is nothing they can do. I’m sure the YJ coaches are even embarrassed by these actions, but are forced to try to explain that they are “mixed teams.” Please!!! CR you have a great program that was built on always playing the best teams out there and now to watch you make maneuver after maneuver to avoid those same teams is painful. Shows a major kink in the armor!

How does that crow taste? Avoiding what teams , YJ on the girls side are the only ones supporting this local tournament, TG as usual a no show other than hand picked daddy teams some of which have non TG kids on them.
Come on...who's your daddy
Since everybody is complaining about the club teams playing down, what about the town teams bringing in kids from other districts. This happened at the Dowling Tourney last fall. I don’t think this is fair either.

Depends, if they have kids from multiple 3 or more they should play travel but in my opinion if you have neighboring programs that do not have enough kids to play on their own , I have no problem with it .Also if a kid or 2 are on the team from another town who do not have a team in , no big deal.
As an YJ parent I have to say that I’m disappointed. I was told two weeks ago that it was too late to sign my daughter up for the Shamrock Shootout this weekend. It was explained to me that since it was a makeup tournament, the rosters were set. I just received an email from a fellow YJ parent informing me that two girls were just added to the team in my daughters age group. This is totally unfair and shows what previous posters have said about favoritism towards certain groups.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Not only are the comments going back and forth an embarrassment for both clubs, it is embarrassing for long island lacrosse. grow up.

Amen. Let's discuss lacrosse and not sling barbs.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where is the shamrock schedule??

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
where is the shamrock schedule??
This information was posted here on BOTC's Shamrock Shootout thread on March 13th.

Girls Teams Listing

Girls Schedule

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's absolutely embarrassing that CR would do something like this. I really feel for the YJ parents as they all back pedal and squirm when asked why this is going on. They don’t want to face town teams of their own age and yet there is nothing they can do. I’m sure the YJ coaches are even embarrassed by these actions, but are forced to try to explain that they are “mixed teams.” Please!!! CR you have a great program that was built on always playing the best teams out there and now to watch you make maneuver after maneuver to avoid those same teams is painful. Shows a major kink in the armor!

How does that crow taste? Avoiding what teams , YJ on the girls side are the only ones supporting this local tournament, TG as usual a no show other than hand picked daddy teams some of which have non TG kids on them.
Since everybody is complaining about the club teams playing down, what about the town teams bringing in kids from other districts. This happened at the Dowling Tourney last fall. I don’t think this is fair either.

Depends, if they have kids from multiple 3 or more they should play travel but in my opinion if you have neighboring programs that do not have enough kids to play on their own , I have no problem with it .Also if a kid or 2 are on the team from another town who do not have a team in , no big deal.
As an YJ parent I have to say that I’m disappointed. I was told two weeks ago that it was too late to sign my daughter up for the Shamrock Shootout this weekend. It was explained to me that since it was a makeup tournament, the rosters were set. I just received an email from a fellow YJ parent informing me that two girls were just added to the team in my daughters age group. This is totally unfair and shows what previous posters have said about favoritism towards certain groups.

Just curious do you know for a fact that these girls were not signed up for the tournament that was cancelled

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True. You need to sign up for the Friends and Family plan.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Assume you've already contacted your coach and made your displeasure known. That being the case, everyone has choices, you should exercise yours. Until talented kids start abandoning the program and reputation suffers, nothing will change.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you pay attention, you see the two girls father is coaching. Just an observation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you pay attention, you see the two girls father is coaching. Just an observation.

Looks like CR took the car keys away from coach carro and now has PM driving the bus?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like CR took the car keys away from coach carro and now has PM driving the bus?

Looks like another ignorant post , they have coached together before and I am sure coach Carro will have no problem having the input of another experienced coach.Once again a lot of bang for your buck when at the 2019 age group you get 2 very experienced coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like another ignorant post , they have coached together before and I am sure coach Carro will have no problem having the input of another experienced coach.Once again a lot of bang for your buck when at the 2019 age group you get 2 very experienced coaches.

Stupid post and comment Coach Carro has full control of his team!! Wishful thinking but completely false

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stupid post and comment Coach Carro has full control of his team!! Wishful thinking but completely false
Your right, PM will gradually start to take over this team and gain full control after next year when his 2015 team is done. He's a better coach than Carro, so Im sure those parents don't mind

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey TG parents explain to me how of the only two pure TG teams that I saw entered in the Shamrock tournament 1 played in the B division and the other played in the 7th grade division and had 7th graders on it. Where is the outrage ,you guys are full of bs if you don't call your coaches out on this if you were so outraged when YJ was placed in age appropriate divisions by accident.PATHETIC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for being a voice of reason. I too have lived what your mentioning with girls from both teams in the past. Why does this forum lend itself to such pittance of decenc. Whether
Carol Rose regardless of all the haters has built a machine that delivers great LAX players with mostly, the winning attitude. I would blame poor attitude more on the parent and believe it's the parent always complaining that shows poorly in their child!!!
As for TG my daughter's friends from school play for them... No hatred between girls, we always try like [lacrosse] to win, as they do. Funny to see Shannon Smith after seeing my daughter play come over and compliment her after the game. She is good lady and I've enjoyed watching her at Stoneybrook in NCAA's.
Please STOP THE WHINING it's so SADDENING to read over and over!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to YJ Shamrock Champions!!

YJ 17 Bert Champs
YJ 18 Rose Finalists

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The team in the 6th grade division was not a "pure" TG team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey TG parents explain to me how of the only two pure TG teams that I saw entered in the Shamrock tournament 1 played in the B division and the other played in the 7th grade division and had 7th graders on it. Where is the outrage ,you guys are full of bs if you don't call your coaches out on this if you were so outraged when YJ was placed in age appropriate divisions by accident.PATHETIC

No "pure" TG teams played in the tourny. Your daughter(s) did not make the cut this year. Get over it and focus on getting better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK I will bite.......First of all TG did not have any teams entered into the Shamrock Shootout. There were several teams with parts of TG teams entered (with some YJ players on them as well) by daddy coaches just looking to get the girls to play some extra games. The team that played in the 7th grade division played in the correct division according to the rules 7th grade A division is for 7th grade travel clubs. The B divisions are for Town teams and travel teams that play up so a 6th grade travel team would be required to play up in the 7th grade B division no higher.

I did watch a 5th grade town team play a very talented YJ team it was in the 5th grade B division. The YJ team I believe was a 4th grade team playing where they belonged in the 5th grade B division and they lost by a goal. This is how the tournament should be. Town teams get to play against stronger travel teams (which are all star teams) that are one year younger.If the travel teams choose to play in higher bracket that is there choice.

There aren't any coaches to call out because TG is never involved in off season tournaments. YJ from my experiences against them (last year) had YJ teams play up 2 years because there wasn't as many teams playing for A & B brackets. It appears that this year YJ entered and were placed in age appropriate levels and the tournament directors corrected the mistake .

Choices then had to be made as to what divisions they were supposed to play in....I am sure some of the YJ teams had to move to the A division and some requested to be moved. Due to the number of teams registered in each division I am sure in some instances there really wasn't many options.

As this tournament grows as it has for the last couple of years the divisions will be balanced with town teams only playing up against travel clubs by choice. Travel teams will go head to head with other travel teams in the correct grade levels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to YJ Shamrock Champions!!

YJ 17 Bert Champs
YJ 18 Rose Finalists

Thats it only one CHAMP wow what went wrong!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK I will bite.......First of all TG did not have any teams entered into the Shamrock Shootout. There were several teams with parts of TG teams entered (with some YJ players on them as well) by daddy coaches just looking to get the girls to play some extra games. The team that played in the 7th grade division played in the correct division according to the rules 7th grade A division is for 7th grade travel clubs. The B divisions are for Town teams and travel teams that play up so a 6th grade travel team would be required to play up in the 7th grade B division no higher.

I did watch a 5th grade town team play a very talented YJ team it was in the 5th grade B division. The YJ team I believe was a 4th grade team playing where they belonged in the 5th grade B division and they lost by a goal. This is how the tournament should be. Town teams get to play against stronger travel teams (which are all star teams) that are one year younger.If the travel teams choose to play in higher bracket that is there choice.

There aren't any coaches to call out because TG is never involved in off season tournaments. YJ from my experiences against them (last year) had YJ teams play up 2 years because there wasn't as many teams playing for A & B brackets. It appears that this year YJ entered and were placed in age appropriate levels and the tournament directors corrected the mistake .

Choices then had to be made as to what divisions they were supposed to play in....I am sure some of the YJ teams had to move to the A division and some requested to be moved. Due to the number of teams registered in each division I am sure in some instances there really wasn't many options.

As this tournament grows as it has for the last couple of years the divisions will be balanced with town teams only playing up against travel clubs by choice. Travel teams will go head to head with other travel teams in the correct grade levels.

You are so full of bs it's comical. When YJ teams ie. A combined 4 5 6 grade YJ team were registered in the 6 th grade A division your TG brethren had major issues with it and in my opinion they were correct. Travel teams should play up a year in age.Now you come on hear and try to say your 7th grade age top gun team playing in the 7 th grade A division is appropriate, give me a break.Curious the town teams that consider themselves A level town teams should play travel teams of the same age , that sounds like the TG way though, keep playing those town teams at your age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it’s sad that a team of 6th grade travel kids (YJ and TG) were entered in the 6th grade A division when they should have played up a level like all other travel teams. On top of that, the coaches were a bunch of cry babies that complained about every call against them. They were so bad that the parents of one of the YJ players were apologizing to everyone about their coaches embarrassing behavior. I hope you’re proud of yourselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it’s sad that a team of 6th grade travel kids (YJ and TG) were entered in the 6th grade A division when they should have played up a level like all other travel teams. On top of that, the coaches were a bunch of cry babies that complained about every call against them. They were so bad that the parents of one of the YJ players were apologizing to everyone about their coaches embarrassing behavior. I hope you’re proud of yourselves.

Which team are you referring to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you are referring to a town team and the behavior of the young girl on that team was just about as bad as I have ever seen, the only thing worse was her father - coach thought it was funny. The ref should have thrown that kid out for the rest of the tournament not just the rest of the game.That father should be ashamed of the way his kid acted and if he does not grow a pair and stand up to his kid both he and her will pay a severe price later.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what TGs 7th graders you are talking about. However, many of them played up a year in the 8th grade bracket with their town team. Besides it being cold, it was a great day. Can't everyone leave it at that. Is it necessary to hate everyday? Congratulations to 2017 Bert.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the final score for YJ 2017 vs YJ 2018?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your right, PM will gradually start to take over this team and gain full control after next year when his 2015 team is done. He's a better coach than Carro, so Im sure those parents don't mind
If this is true, which I have a funny feeling is, when do they plan on telling the team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The team I believe you are talking about were playing up a year in the travel division, they were 5th graders playing in the 6th grade bracket, which seemed to work out well because I heard they were in the final which tied and went to overtime, sounds like a perfect placement. Now if your crying because your daughters team didn't fair well against them, maybe you should be complaining to your coach for getting his team in the wrong bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Although the action of the coaches was unacceptable, I think the parents that went around apologizing to other YJ folks took a cheap shot at their town team. They should have addressed the coaches and voiced their concerns rather than throw them under the bus. I’d hate to have them on my town team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If this is true, which I have a funny feeling is, when do they plan on telling the team?

It's NOT true and NO announcements need or will be made. Go BS on your Thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Must be talking about the Lady Rebels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think so. It was Centereach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the top one must be a joke. They are definitely talking about Middle Country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thinks it is quite hilarious that when a YJ team does not do well its because someone else "cheated." The Middle Country 6th grade team that my daughter plays on is not a travel team and had only one guest player on it because two of our girls who play for Top Gun were sick and couldn't make it.

Clearly the girls were put in the right bracket because every game was tight and the Championship game went to over time. Not sure what you guys are complaining about. The game against the YJ's was a 5-5 tie for crying out loud. Put all the BS about coaches and referee's aside, it was a great game and I would think that's what we all want.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the top one must be a joke. They are definitely talking about Middle Country.

LadyRebels Were All 5Th Grade Girls From ESM And Riverhead, They All Play Travel, But They Were Playing 6Th Grade A. Couldn't Have Been TheM. They Beat YJ 2020, Lights Out And Lost Twice To Middle Country, Including OT In The Championship Game. Heard No Complaints About Their Coaches Or Kids.
TheY May Be Talking About The Ejection Of MC Coaches Kid And The Poor Sportsmanship In The YJ/MC game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its only one person who complained and I think they are misinformed. That being said the kids behavior on your team was an embarassment and I think you should reconsider the example your coaches set laughing at it.On a different note congrats to the rebels a true 5th grade team who played in 6th grade division ,I know for a fact that some of those rebels have some 6th grade sisters that play as rebels at times and the coaches of that team probably could have played them in the championship game if they were interested in winning the precious T-shirt but did not.Nice job coaches , thats the example of the correct attitude.

I thinks it is quite hilarious that when a YJ team does not do well its because someone else "cheated." The Middle Country 6th grade team that my daughter plays on is not a travel team and had only one guest player on it because two of our girls who play for Top Gun were sick and couldn't make it.

Clearly the girls were put in the right bracket because every game was tight and the Championship game went to over time. Not sure what you guys are complaining about. The game against the YJ's was a 5-5 tie for crying out loud. Put all the BS about coaches and referee's aside, it was a great game and I would think that's what we all want.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who were Lights Out?

Like Reply Quote
A