BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 66 of 214 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Depends on what your daughter is looking for. If it's playing time, probably a good choice. If it's winning, maybe not.

Wrong answer. The right answer is the academics. Lax ends, education does not.

No, not the wrong answer - the question was specific to lacrosse, not academics. The poster pretty much said all are even academically - "Not great academics at any of them..."

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe they are speaking about the younger recruits who were up at Lake Placid.

It wasn't just the younger kids at Lake Placid. Good try though.

What are you saying? You think UNC have kids that are chubby and slow? Have you ever watched that team play and their commits. I have seen many of their commits play - not all but many. Have you?????

Yes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe they are speaking about the younger recruits who were up at Lake Placid.

What are you saying? You think UNC have kids that are chubby and slow? Have you ever watched that team play and their commits. I have seen many of their commits play - not all but many. Have you?????

Yes

Can we stop with the Lake Placid results...no coaches,middle of the summer, kids up there having fun...what next, reporting 4v4 indoor results?

You're right everyone played just to have fun. They're all winners. So
sweet

If you are using results at lake placid as a barometer of future success of recruits and the programs they are going to you need a reality check. You can keep trying to hype up the recruits going to your kids future school all you want but most people that have seen the play at lake placid realize what a fool you are .I await you sarcastic witty reply .

It is a barometer and thank you for calling me witty!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

Can we stop with the Lake Placid results...no coaches,middle of the summer, kids up there having fun...what next, reporting 4v4 indoor results?

sweet

If you are using results at lake placid as a barometer of future success of recruits and the programs they are going to you need a reality check. You can keep trying to hype up the recruits going to your kids future school all you want but most people that have seen the play at lake placid realize what a fool you are .I await you sarcastic witty reply .

Nitwit would be more appropriate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes
I believe they are speaking about the
younger recruits who were up at Lake Placid.

sweet

Can't argue with stupid so I will let you continue to show your ignorance . Your kid obviously committed to BC , good luck with that . The girls their can't say enough great things about their experience.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No ranked wins? Your not paying attention. I do not have a kid who goes there, or who is committed there. I am a fan of TGs best player ever that goes there and I am very impressed with Kent and the coach. But here are the facts. BC won every single game last year, including beating all ranked top 20 teams, except for #1 Maryland and #2 NC. This includes wins against ranked opponents Navy (x2), Louisville, Virginia, Norte Dame, Syracuse, and USC. And many of those wins prior to Kent. But they are obviously better with her, but they still lost to Maryland with Kent, just as they did without her. But this can be said about any and all teams that lost to Maryland. Where exactly do you see any coaching mis-steps that has you arguing against the BC coach?
My guess is you did not go to BC, probably never been their, probably have never seen there team play. But you must have some odd beef with the place because what else would make you poo-poo they're coach? (quote)

I don't know what is worse . . . your opinion or your grammar. You successfully used there, their, and they're incorrectly in the same paragraph. A+

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone's daughter committed to a school before the school began play? Was it a positive experience or was the wait to play and then early losses tough to handle?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone's daughter committed to a school before the school began play? Was it a positive experience or was the wait to play and then early losses tough to handle?

My daughter committed to a school, different sport, that joined D1 the year before she joined. It was fine. They didn't suffer losses and began winning their mid-major conference their first year of eligibility. So, positive experience.

If your daughter likes the school (and that should be your first concern) and likes the rest (lax, distance, whatever else she values), then go for it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know when the Nassau power conference teams will be announced? Last couple of years there have been teams moving up and teams tapping out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know when the Nassau power conference teams will be announced? Last couple of years there have been teams moving up and teams tapping out

Suffolk should implement a power conference as well.

Mt Saini
ESM
BPBP
SWR
NP
WI
And a few others.

After the top 2 or 3 teams in each conference the level of play really drops off.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No ranked wins? Your not paying attention. I do not have a kid who goes there, or who is committed there. I am a fan of TGs best player ever that goes there and I am very impressed with Kent and the coach. But here are the facts. BC won every single game last year, including beating all ranked top 20 teams, except for #1 Maryland and #2 NC. This includes wins against ranked opponents Navy (x2), Louisville, Virginia, Norte Dame, Syracuse, and USC. And many of those wins prior to Kent. But they are obviously better with her, but they still lost to Maryland with Kent, just as they did without her. But this can be said about any and all teams that lost to Maryland. Where exactly do you see any coaching mis-steps that has you arguing against the BC coach?
My guess is you did not go to BC, probably never been their, probably have never seen there team play. But you must have some odd beef with the place because what else would make you poo-poo they're coach? (quote)

I don't know what is worse . . . your opinion or your grammar. You successfully used there, their, and they're incorrectly in the same paragraph. A+

Purposely misused the three variation of "there" in response to this Jackass post. And it is not an opinion.

Thank you Mr. Walker, but I'm pretty sure that at one time BC had dropped out of the top 20 and didn't have a win against a ranked team. Original poster said BC and Navy had great coaching and I was wondering at what point in the season did BC coach become great? oh after Kent got their...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Suffolk should implement a power conference as well.

Mt Saini
ESM
BPBP
SWR
NP
WI
And a few others.

After the top 2 or 3 teams in each conference the level of play really drops off.

since lacrosse seems to have the poorest sportsmanship and a large percentage go to goal girls regardless of score, the "regular season" power conference does keep many games close. the old way had 2 or 3 competitive games and then the rest were either wins or losses by 15+

Newsday should stop publishing stats. Girls scoring their 10th goal when their team is up by 15 is a freakin joke. bad coaches let these kids run wild. It's a team game share the ball

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

N Suffolk should implement a power conference as well.

Mt Saini
ESM
BPBP
SWR
NP
WI
And a few others.

since lacrosse seems to have the poorest sportsmanship and a large percentage go to goal girls regardless of score, the "regular season" power conference does keep many games close. the old way had 2 or 3 competitive games and then the rest were either wins or losses by 15+

Newsday should stop publishing stats. Girls scoring their 10th goal when their team is up by 15 is a freakin joke. bad coaches let these kids run wild. It's a team game share the ball

I know you wont believe, this but even when the competition is really bad, some girls still cant get the ball in the net. Fact

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mt Saini
ESM
BPBP
SWR
NP
WI
And a few others.

I know you wont believe, this but even when the competition is really bad, some girls still cant get the ball in the net. Fact

Fair, but when you are up by 15, don't you think feeding the girl who cant score is still better than feeding the girl who already has 10?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fair, but when you are up by 15, don't you think feeding the girl who cant score is still better than feeding the girl who already has 10?

Yes, I do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

sweet

What was your barometer saying after Stony Brook put an absolute beat down on your greatest coach in the country with all the superstar recruits . 4 goals in a full games lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach KT brought kid out to Prospect Day at Hofstra college. LOL. Can you say they miss TG? Of course the kid went showing off and dad is still watching from afar. How's another year not being on the road?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mt Saini
ESM
BPBP
SWR
NP
WI
And a few others.

Where are you getting your stats from. No one girl is scoring 10 in a game (maybe 1 girl did and she's off to UNC) 6 goals in a game is not obnoxious especially if its the 1st 6 goals of the game. Then I agree there should be a lot of passing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Where are you getting your stats from. No one girl is scoring 10 in a game (maybe 1 girl did and she's off to UNC) 6 goals in a game is not obnoxious especially if its the 1st 6 goals of the game. Then I agree there should be a lot of passing."

Either you are not paying attention or just being deliberately ignorant. First off the girl off to UNC rarely scored big numbers unless her team needed her to . Second many games are going to be blowout games before they even get started so to have some ballhog score the first 6 goals of that game is obnoxious, shows poor sportsmanship, and also makes the kid a horrible teammate. People know who the stat padders are its not hard to figure out as you will see them get called out on this site all the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Where are you getting your stats from. No one girl is scoring 10 in a game (maybe 1 girl did and she's off to UNC) 6 goals in a game is not obnoxious especially if its the 1st 6 goals of the game. Then I agree there should be a lot of passing."

Either you are not paying attention or just being deliberately ignorant. First off the girl off to UNC rarely scored big numbers unless her team needed her to . Second many games are going to be blowout games before they even get started so to have some ballhog score the first 6 goals of that game is obnoxious, shows poor sportsmanship, and also makes the kid a horrible teammate. People know who the stat padders are its not hard to figure out as you will see them get called out on this site all the time.

This poster is spot on - The hogs and the parents of the hogs know going in if its going to be a cake walk (especially in Suffolk with no super conference) Those parents are pushing their kids to light it up quick. Shame on the coaches who have been over run by booster clubs, travel club influencers who allow selfish play. These coaches should be starting the game like they are up 10 since they know they can score at will. It makes it hard to root for some of these really good players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter committed to a school, different sport, that joined D1 the year before she joined. It was fine. They didn't suffer losses and began winning their mid-major conference their first year of eligibility. So, positive experience.

If your daughter likes the school (and that should be your first concern) and likes the rest (lax, distance, whatever else she values), then go for it.

My daughter was a freshman the first year of a D1 program. Great experience. Was a part of setting team traditions, was a 4-year starter, captain and they made it to conference semis every year. It's not all about the BIG TIME lacrosse experience. For her it was about having a "team" experience, getting a great education, and being a part of something really special and new. No regrets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What was your barometer saying after Stony Brook put an absolute beat down on your greatest coach in the country with all the superstar recruits . 4 goals in a full games lol

So which is it? Fall ball matters or fall ball doesn't matter? Or does it only matter when it fits your narrative?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter was a freshman the first year of a D1 program. Great experience. Was a part of setting team traditions, was a 4-year starter, captain and they made it to conference semis every year. It's not all about the BIG TIME lacrosse experience. For her it was about having a "team" experience, getting a great education, and being a part of something really special and new. No regrets.

That's great. Most of our kids are like yours and wont play top 10 lacrosse. Doesn't mean they can't have a great experience

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So which is it? Fall ball matters or fall ball doesn't matter? Or does it only matter when it fits your narrative?

Actually I said recruits some of who are 13 years old playing in lake placid at an end of year summer tournament with no coaching means little in terms of their colleges future success, you obviously now realize what a moron you seem like saying the opposite so now you try to change the narrative. Fall ball for college teams can be indicative of many things depends on how each team plays the games but certainly is a better indicator of how the new players may be than Lake Placid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually I said recruits some of who are 13 years old playing in lake placid at an end of year summer tournament with no coaching means little in terms of their colleges future success, you obviously now realize what a moron you seem like saying the opposite so now you try to change the narrative. Fall ball for college teams can be indicative of many things depends on how each team plays the games but certainly is a better indicator of how the new players may be than Lake Placid.

Was there with my daughters both teams played starters in both thirty minute periods. SB used much more of its bench than BC. SB was dominant it was 14/15-4 Was pretty neat with both teams having many kids from LI. The last 20 minute period SB played all reserves as my daughters travel coach played weather was great and it is so nice to have great lacrosse so close

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Meeting for Nassau isn't until mid November, there the coaches seed 1-51 and conferences are made

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Meeting for Nassau isn't until mid November, there the coaches seed 1-51 and conferences are made
can you beg in or out or is it a straight ranking? thanks for the info

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can you beg in or out or is it a straight ranking? thanks for the info

It is a process based on who is returning, who graduated, and where coach seeds themselves, then it goes to vote with all the coaches in attendance. Through the years there have been alot of movement, however on a year to year basis only 1-2 teams move up/down. The top of one doesnt change much, and the bottom of conference 5 doesn't change much, but there is movement throughout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look for Sayville to be a powerhouse for the next 5 years. They have a solid group of 6 8th graders that are moving up to varsity and will contribute right away. Most will be starters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DIV 1
WARDMELVILLE
NORTHPORT
WEST ISLIP
SMITHEAT
SMITHWEST
RIVERHEAD

WHO WILL WIN AND WHY
WHO HAS NO CHANCE TALK TO ME

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look for Sayville to be a powerhouse for the next 5 years. They have a solid group of 6 8th graders that are moving up to varsity and will contribute right away. Most will be starters.

Is this a joke . They will be middle of the road at best this year .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DIV 1
WARDMELVILLE
NORTHPORT
WEST ISLIP
SMITHEAT
SMITHWEST
RIVERHEAD

WHO WILL WIN AND WHY
ward Melville will have one last yr here to win it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DIV 1
WARDMELVILLE
NORTHPORT
WEST ISLIP
SMITHEAT
SMITHWEST
RIVERHEAD

WHO WILL WIN AND WHY

Northport and West Islip will battle it out for the county championship. Both return a lot of talent and both have strong coaching. Talent goes to NP but still a toss up.

Smithtown East and Smithtown West will be competitive but neither has enough depth, talent or coaching to win.

Ward Melville and Riverhead have no shot. Ward Melville has some talent but coaching is terrible. Riverhead is too young, not enough depth and coaching is eh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DIV 1
WARDMELVILLE
NORTHPORT
WEST ISLIP
SMITHEAT
SMITHWEST
RIVERHEAD

WHO WILL WIN AND WHY

Wardmelville, Northport are the clear favorites and I think WM finally wins it . The other teams are long shots and not even sure why you mentioned Riverhead unless that is where your kid is from ,the only thing that team is good at is stat padding and getting kids into schools that are above their abilities lax wise. D1 will be a weak division this year only slightly better than D4.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DIV 1
WARDMELVILLE
NORTHPORT
WEST ISLIP
SMITHEAT
SMITHWEST
RIVERHEAD

WHO WILL WIN AND WHY

Northport and West Islip will battle it out for the county championship. Both return a lot of talent and both have strong coaching. Talent goes to NP but still a toss up.

Smithtown East and Smithtown West will be competitive but neither has enough depth, talent or coaching to win.

Ward Melville and Riverhead have no shot. Ward Melville has some talent but coaching is terrible. Riverhead is too young, not enough depth and coaching is eh.

Give Smithtown East one more year and then they will be real contenders. They have a group of 6 or 7 2021s, all YJ girls (2 middies, 2 attack and 3 defenders), that will be on varsity. Two already were last year, they are excellent players, real standouts. The other 4 or 5 will be this year or by 10th grade. Given them, and the current 11th graders who have two more years.....county and states are in their future.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about Division 2?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about Division 2?

ESM

Div 3 will be Sinai , BBP has a chance but coaching favors Sinai.

Div 4 will be Mattituck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not at all. The current 8th grade is dominant and our girls were already told by someone close to the program that they’ll be starting in the spring. It will be the beginning of a great stretch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not at all. The current 8th grade is dominant and our girls were already told by someone close to the program that they’ll be starting in the spring. It will be the beginning of a great stretch.

Way set up a target on your back. If any of this is true, you'd be better served keeping your mouth shut. Let the actions speak for themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please those 8th graders would not even dominate if they stayed in middle school.

Like Reply Quote
Page 66 of 214 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard