BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 11 of 47 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 46 47
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland Invitational Looks Even Better -- Blandair 10/22

2023: Crabs, Looneys, Madlax, FCA, VLC, Next Level

2024: Crabs, Looneys, Madlax, Green Turtle, RR, Hawks, BLC, 91 MD

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

That 2023 bracket is definitely 'murderers row'; great programs going head to head, that will should be fun to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That 2023 bracket is definitely 'murderers row'; great programs going head to head, that will should be fun to watch.

Too bad the Hawks won't be there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too bad the Hawks won't be there.

Hawks are afraid to post at a tournament this solid in the fall. They will play in one of Hogans weak fall tourneys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Murderers’ row? Looneys and Madlax each won 2 games in hoco last year. VLC is a first year team at this age from an area already diluted. Crabs and FCA should play each other three times.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Murderers’ row? Looneys and Madlax each won 2 games in hoco last year. VLC is a first year team at this age from an area already diluted. Crabs and FCA should play each other three times.

HoCo doesn't mean nothing it's how a team does come tournament time. Ask Crabs, they won HoCo regular season 2 years in a row and lost the championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HoCo doesn't mean nothing it's how a team does come tournament time. Ask Crabs, they won HoCo regular season 2 years in a row and lost the championship.

I think Crabs won plenty of tournaments last year and I have a feeling they will do the same next spring and summer as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There has been a lot of turnover this year with the dismantling of last years Crabs 2023 Team and kids moving on to other clubs. FCA has definitely upgraded in several key positions; this was already a strong program. Looney's has done the same. Murderers' row should include Hawks and Club Blue; dump VLC and Madlax.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

There has been a lot of turnover this year with the dismantling of last years Crabs 2023 Team and kids moving on to other clubs. FCA has definitely upgraded in several key positions; this was already a strong program. Looney's has done the same. Murderers' row should include Hawks and Club Blue; dump VLC and Madlax.

What positions did FCA upgrade? Their rosters are on website. They added a fogo. 6 attack and only 3 defense which seems odd. Did a defender drop off?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Fred44

What positions did FCA upgrade? Their rosters are on website. They added a fogo. 6 attack and only 3 defense which seems odd. Did a defender drop off?
Bunch of kids moved to the lower team.... Still Daddy ball.. Dad's kids making the team and have no business on that roster...Kids are told that you can never shoot the ball... pass it to the coaches kids are your only options... If you don't like it you gotta go....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Fred44

Bunch of kids moved to the lower team.... Still Daddy ball.. Dad's kids making the team and have no business on that roster...Kids are told that you can never shoot the ball... pass it to the coaches kids are your only options... If you don't like it you gotta go....

With all due respect sir you have no clue what you’re talking about.

Attack and defense are loaded; they upgraded in the circle along with midfielders. My guess is the LSM will be interchangeable with the defense. Should be a fun team to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The schedule is out for the 2017 Fall Maryland Lacrosse Tournament; nice little tournament on Oct 22 with some good competition. Anxious to see how much some of these teams have changed in a few short months.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
11/5 FallFest confirmed programs are not too shabby either. Most of the same teams and throw in Club Blue Md and bunch of Holdbacks from True.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
11/5 FallFest confirmed programs are not too shabby either. Most of the same teams and throw in Club Blue Md and bunch of Holdbacks from True.

Crabs has a 2023 holdback on their 2025 team. the kid is 5'4" 135

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless you are referring to a different tournament there are only 2 teams playing in both of these tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams are playing in the North American fall lacrosse Invitational in New Castle, DE on 11/11?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs has a 2023 holdback on their 2025 team. the kid is 5'4" 135

And you find that unusual in what way ??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really don't think FALL Tournaments show much of anything of how team will be in the Spring/Summer of 2018. With falls sports still going most of these teams will not have a full roster at any of these tournaments. It is a great way to get the stick in the boys hands before winter hits but hardly a measuring stick to how good these teams may be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really don't think FALL Tournaments show much of anything of how team will be in the Spring/Summer of 2018. With falls sports still going most of these teams will not have a full roster at any of these tournaments. It is a great way to get the stick in the boys hands before winter hits but hardly a measuring stick to how good these teams may be.

This post got me thinking. I would like to do a poll asking how many kids on each of these teams have kids playing other sports. This is the 7th grade page so I will assume the number per team is kinda of high. But I would really like to know how many on the 2019,2020, and 2021 page still have a high number of kids playing two or more sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This post got me thinking. I would like to do a poll asking how many kids on each of these teams have kids playing other sports. This is the 7th grade page so I will assume the number per team is kinda of high. But I would really like to know how many on the 2019,2020, and 2021 page still have a high number of kids playing two or more sports.

It's really hard to continue to be a multi sport athlete as the boys go along in school. The schools (especially privates) give lip service to it being possible to be a multi sport athlete, and stating on their websites that they encourage it, but the reality is much different. Only the very gifted athlete can play multiple sports in high school - or even for their middle school teams at schools like Loyola. The boys who are making the teams in high school are very often the kids who play one sport year round. There is a subset that plays both, but the number grows smaller as they get older, especially after 10th grade. The less "marquee" sports are where a boy can participate in a second sport - such as wrestling, cross country, track and the like.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have a 2020 who still plays soccer in the fall and basketball in the winter. He will be missing one fall lax tournament for soccer and will not be playing on his indoor team for the winter because basketball comes first. There are quite a few of 2020’s who are still multi sport athletes. A good coach allows it, even encourages it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have a 2020 who still plays soccer in the fall and basketball in the winter. He will be missing one fall lax tournament for soccer and will not be playing on his indoor team for the winter because basketball comes first. There are quite a few of 2020’s who are still multi sport athletes. A good coach allows it, even encourages it.

Well we all hear that the kids should be doing it and they all say you can. But the real question is how many on his team play two or more sports. And how good are his high school teams if he can play on more then one? And what club does he play for that lets him miss so many things? And do you think he gets blacked balled for missing club games/practices?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
News flash. The parents with the athletic kid that plays football and basketball don’t care what the lacrosse coach thinks. And that is exactly why the lacrosse coach wants that kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
News flash. The parents with the athletic kid that plays football and basketball don’t care what the lacrosse coach thinks. And that is exactly why the lacrosse coach wants that kid.

I am very aware of the the level of talent it takes to be able to play high school football and lacrosse. But at these larger public high schools or some of the football power house privates I am wondering if the numbers of kids doing both is going down or staying the same. If you are a stud football player you are most of the time a stud lacrosse player but with lacrosse growing in numbers and eyes watching it, i was just wondering if the numbers are going down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not that they don't care but if your child is athletically blessed then they are game changing for a team and coaches will cooperate in order to have the child on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this age; 7th grade, if you kid is not playing two+ sports he should be!! Our coach stresses the importance of a 2-3 sport athlete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This weekend's 2023 action-

Maryland Invitational (Blandair): Crabs, FCA A, Looneys, VLC, Madlax Capital, Next Level

Brine Indian Summer (Jarrettsville) : Koopers, Cavalier, 3d, FCA B, Breakers, Shockwave

Clear distinction of A versus B. Guess there wasn't a Little Sisters of the Poor tournament for Cavs to play in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Level scrimmaged Cavs and it was ugly, like 15-1. Cavs playing in the right tourney.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Level also put a 10+ goal beat down on Madlax 2023 FWW.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's really hard to continue to be a multi sport athlete as the boys go along in school. The schools (especially privates) give lip service to it being possible to be a multi sport athlete, and stating on their websites that they encourage it, but the reality is much different. Only the very gifted athlete can play multiple sports in high school - or even for their middle school teams at schools like Loyola. The boys who are making the teams in high school are very often the kids who play one sport year round. There is a subset that plays both, but the number grows smaller as they get older, especially after 10th grade. The less "marquee" sports are where a boy can participate in a second sport - such as wrestling, cross country, track and the like.

Clearly your kids don't attend MCD. Almost all of their lacrosse starters are 2 and 3 sport athletes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was combined Capital/DMV Team. NL only had their A team kids there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland Invitational (Blandair): Crabs, FCA A, Looneys, VLC, Madlax Capital, Next Level

Brine Indian Summer (Jarrettsville) : Koopers, Cavalier, 3d, FCA B, Breakers, Shockwave

Clear distinction of A versus B. Guess there wasn't a Little Sisters of the Poor tournament for Cavs to play in.

Winner from Maryland Invitational gets to play in Leesburg next weekend against Evergreen for the Brine-Warrior-Hogan Aloha Mid-Atlantic 2023 Fall Championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Clearly your kids don't attend MCD. Almost all of their lacrosse starters are 2 and 3 sport athletes"

It seems that paying $30k per year gives you a superiority complex. Clearly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Winner from Maryland Invitational gets to play in Leesburg next weekend against Evergreen for the Brine-Warrior-Hogan Aloha Mid-Atlantic 2023 Fall Championship.

http://www.tribal-lacrosse.com/battle-of-leesburg

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This guy is very aware of the second level lacrosse world. These are all the buzz words and titles to know when your team is not elite. If you have a Aloha tournament on your schedule you need to find a better team. Or if your son is not elite this is the prefect place for him. Nothing wrong with it just understand you are playing in the minors and you should not read and talk about the NLF teams like your equals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This guy is very aware of the second level lacrosse world. These are all the buzz words and titles to know when your team is not elite. If you have a Aloha tournament on your schedule you need to find a better team. Or if your son is not elite this is the prefect place for him. Nothing wrong with it just understand you are playing in the minors and you should not read and talk about the NLF teams like your equals.

Crabs, Iron Horse, Philadelphia Freedom, Next Level, VLC, Bethesda, Sweetlax, NXT, API, Edge, and many others all playing this fall in an Aloha tournament this fall and are "first level." Good players play at all levels for a variety of reasons. HS will equal it all out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Clearly your kids don't attend MCD. Almost all of their lacrosse starters are 2 and 3 sport athletes"

It seems that paying $30k per year gives you a superiority complex. Clearly.

No but my intelligence does. I discriminate....I don't tolerate stupidity. LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No Annapolis or Richmond Hawks?

A
Anonymous