BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Boys 2026 - 4th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by meco24
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What are some good winter clinics in Nassau area?

Anyone have experience with any of these? They seem to be good options for this upcoming winter.
LI Sports HUB
fl$
LI Outlaws

Storm Academy is really good. Its in West Hempstead

Ah. I saw that one. Their site is hard to navigate. Looks like their program began already.

Classes start Week of Nov 6th

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Thanks for the info on storm. I'm probably going to sign my son up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are the 2026 Outlaws playing in a B division at Blatant Fall Jam?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guessing because they are essentially a newer/young team. They had 1st, 2nd and 3rd graders on the 2026slast year. Interested in seeing if they can compete this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im just happy the weather is supposed to be nice!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some great pairings of teams this weekend.Very close games in the South division. Any one of those 4 teams could of won it this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weather was fantastic great day of lax all around.

The CSH Roar had great coaching with some really good athletes on that team at this grade level. Goalie kept them in the game and should be very proud of how he played.

Igloo Dire Wolves vs Roar for final was a competitive game. A lot of fun to watch parents on both sides were great unlike some of the other games.

Some parents at the other games should really remember that we are watching children play a game. There is no need to yell at the ref for stopping a play because the opposing teams player is hurt.

Just think twice before you yell something stupid....Please!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weather was fantastic great day of lax all around.

The CSH Roar had great coaching with some really good athletes on that team at this grade level. Goalie kept them in the game and should be very proud of how he played.

Igloo Dire Wolves vs Roar for final was a competitive game. A lot of fun to watch parents on both sides were great unlike some of the other games.

Some parents at the other games should really remember that we are watching children play a game. There is no need to yell at the ref for stopping a play because the opposing teams player is hurt.

Just think twice before you yell something stupid....Please!!!

If its just children playing a game, why not stop it is a child is hurt. Only thing that should matter is the child's safety. As you said "remember that we are watching children play a game". If kids were playing on your front lawn and you saw one hurt would just let them lay there to they were done playing? Stop tooting your own horn pal, your just like all the others, its about winning. Get a grip buddy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams in for the Levittown Lax for a Cure tournament this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$2800.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What are some good winter clinics in Nassau area?

Anyone have experience with any of these? They seem to be good options for this upcoming winter.
LI Sports HUB
fl$
LI Outlaws

Storm Academy is really good. Its in West Hempstead

Ah. I saw that one. Their site is hard to navigate. Looks like their program began already.

Classes start Week of Nov 6th

Again thanks for the recommendation. My son started this week and loved it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for some feedback/opinions with respect to defensive minded coaches and teams at this age level. For most, this is the first year they can go long pole but not many teams seem to have the separate coaching for the defensive players (i.e., defensive coordinator) or separate during practices for defensive specific drills. Dedicated defensemen seem to get lumped in with the group -- mainly an offensive game -- and aren't given the detailed instruction. We're committed to a team this year but, looking forward, want to keep eyes and options open... even when it comes to position clinics/camps (limited for D as well). Any experiences or thoughts (past/present)?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for some feedback/opinions with respect to defensive minded coaches and teams at this age level. For most, this is the first year they can go long pole but not many teams seem to have the separate coaching for the defensive players (i.e., defensive coordinator) or separate during practices for defensive specific drills. Dedicated defensemen seem to get lumped in with the group -- mainly an offensive game -- and aren't given the detailed instruction. We're committed to a team this year but, looking forward, want to keep eyes and options open... even when it comes to position clinics/camps (limited for D as well). Any experiences or thoughts (past/present)?

4th graders dude. They should still be learning all positions at this age and not be dedicated to one position. Don’t worry about defensive specific coaching yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not sure about the 2026 91 coaches specifically but the 91 program itself runs a weekly clinic over the winter that is broken down by position. It is included in each players tuition. Defensemen train specifically on defense, train with long poles and skills related to playing the position. My kid did it last year and got a lot out of it, plus it was fun. Last year they had Nicky Polanco of the Bayhawks running it.

If you son wants to play with a pole, the first part of that can/should be done at home. Start with a goalie shaft so you don't have to cut down an expensive long pole. Goalie shafts are less expensive and are 40" long which is perfect for a new pole. Get him outside doing wall ball and learning to handle the longer shaft. Then roll out some ground balls and practice scooping them on the run. If he's liking it all get him a defensive head like the STX Hammer and have it strung with a high pocket (better for ground balls). Once he's comfortable with the stick, send him to practice with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not sure about the 2026 91 coaches specifically but the 91 program itself runs a weekly clinic over the winter that is broken down by position. It is included in each players tuition. Defensemen train specifically on defense, train with long poles and skills related to playing the position. My kid did it last year and got a lot out of it, plus it was fun. Last year they had Nicky Polanco of the Bayhawks running it.

If you son wants to play with a pole, the first part of that can/should be done at home. Start with a goalie shaft so you don't have to cut down an expensive long pole. Goalie shafts are less expensive and are 40" long which is perfect for a new pole. Get him outside doing wall ball and learning to handle the longer shaft. Then roll out some ground balls and practice scooping them on the run. If he's liking it all get him a defensive head like the STX Hammer and have it strung with a high pocket (better for ground balls). Once he's comfortable with the stick, send him to practice with it.

Appreciate the feedback on 91. I'm sure as the years move on, they progress more with position specifics. Good to know what's out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or go to a club like Tomahawks and pay $1800 to get the winter practices, fall tournaments and spring practices and tournaments!! More bang for your buck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or go to a club like Tomahawks and pay $1800 to get the winter practices, fall tournaments and spring practices and tournaments!! More bang for your buck!

And probably play with kids that can't catch and throw. No one is learning from that. Who the heck are the tomahawks anyway?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And probably play with kids that can't catch and throw. No one is learning from that. Who the heck are the tomahawks anyway?

<smh>

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does all club organizations charged an extra tournament fee @ $125 per kid per tournament on top of there yearly tuition without discussing it with the team ??? New to club and seems like a money grab . Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does all club organizations charged an extra tournament fee @ $125 per kid per tournament on top of there yearly tuition without discussing it with the team ??? New to club and seems like a money grab . Thanks

Yes Legacy does it year after year after year guess they have to pay for there X-Mas party.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. Not all clubs do this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes Legacy does it year after year after year guess they have to pay for there X-Mas party.

Every club does this. Please tell me what great organization doesn't. Legacy asked for input on tourneys before they finalized, so if you had a problem, why didn't you say anything to the coach before crying on here like a little [ChillLaxin].

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every club does this. Please tell me what great organization doesn't. Legacy asked for input on tourneys before they finalized, so if you had a problem, why didn't you say anything to the coach before crying on here like a little baby.

With three boys having in played with five different organizations, I have never paid extra for a tournament other than one time when it was decided upon by parents AND coaches to enter into an additional tourney above and beyond the pre-agreed upon (and padi for!) number. So, "no", it doesn't happen with every club, and not even even with most!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every club does this. Please tell me what great organization doesn't. Legacy asked for input on tourneys before they finalized, so if you had a problem, why didn't you say anything to the coach before crying on here like a little [ChillLaxin].

With three boys having in played with five different organizations, I have never paid extra for a tournament other than one time when it was decided upon by parents AND coaches to enter into an additional tourney above and beyond the pre-agreed upon (and padi for!) number. So, "no", it doesn't happen with every club, and not even even with most!

Ok, so, registration for Legacy states that 4 tourneys were included in tuition. Coach asked for input on schedule. They are going to 5 tourneys this summer. So they want money for the extra tourney. I believe they were very transparent with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, so, registration for Legacy states that 4 tourneys were included in tuition. Coach asked for input on schedule. They are going to 5 tourneys this summer. So they want money for the extra tourney. I believe they were very transparent with it.

Most clubs do 5 or 6 tourneys - why 'commit' to 4, take payment for same, and then add another one after?? Commit to 5 or 6, take payment for them and be done with it, and no issues thereafter like they have now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most clubs do 5 or 6 tourneys - why 'commit' to 4, take payment for same, and then add another one after?? Commit to 5 or 6, take payment for them and be done with it, and no issues thereafter like they have now.
100% legacy does not ask the families , it’s my 1st season with them and they did it last year I know from people that are with them. It’s a sneaky little surcharge $125 per player with 20 plus kids on the team comes out to about double or more than the tournament is. I understand yes pay the coach etc... how about the team that has daddy coaches ? They are adding and charging for tournaments that are not even started yet for the spring and summer. I love watching my Son play but every weekend on the field in the spring and summer gets old. JMO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Play with Leagacy last year and this , nope no emails , letters saying we are adding tournaments .

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Play with Leagacy last year and this , nope no emails , letters saying we are adding tournaments .

First off, why are you posting "anonymous"? Why, because you know it is bull. If your son was on the team, you would have gotten asked by the coach in the Remind Me and by text, for input on the upcoming season's tourneys and if you had any problems with them.
You also post "anonymous" because you are probably the same person replying to your own posts above. So the last two posts are Fake News.

(NA) Re: Boys 2026 - 4th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by 631lax58

First off, why are you posting "anonymous"? Why, because you know it is bull. If your son was on the team, you would have gotten asked by the coach in the Remind Me and by text, for input on the upcoming season's tourneys and if you had any problems with them.
You also post "anonymous" because you are probably the same person replying to your own posts above. So the last two posts are Fake News.

This is in Fact Fake News and the same poster of the previous 2 posts like 631 mentioned.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Thank you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is stardard practice for every club. When you agree to join, you are given a detailed list of what is included; practices, tournaments, gear, etc... Maybe they include Fall, Winter and Spring tournaments; but most don’t. Those are paid for additionally, depending on who attends. Likewise for winter training (indoors). You mention daddy coaches. Well, those kids are not included in the cost of the tournament. So if you have 3-4 kids not paying, costs increase for everyone else. If it’s an away tournament, you’re likely paying for coaches hotels as well. That’s why it’s important to sue your due diligence before joining a team. The more daddy coaches you have, the more the add-Ons will cost you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is stardard practice for every club. When you agree to join, you are given a detailed list of what is included; practices, tournaments, gear, etc... Maybe they include Fall, Winter and Spring tournaments; but most don’t. Those are paid for additionally, depending on who attends. Likewise for winter training (indoors). You mention daddy coaches. Well, those kids are not included in the cost of the tournament. So if you have 3-4 kids not paying, costs increase for everyone else. If it’s an away tournament, you’re likely paying for coaches hotels as well. That’s why it’s important to sue your due diligence before joining a team. The more daddy coaches you have, the more the add-Ons will cost you.

I’m posting anonymous because I can . You either are a coach or director and looking out for them. There’s no fake news here I’m saying didn’t get no emails , texts letters ETC ... from them and nothing from the coach about it. Maybe your have to have a meeting with all coaches then coaches can address it to the team or team parent . Call a chain of command and it’s not clear to the the team. Ok great practices are cancelled and not made up I get credit ? If I miss a tournament due to something else that weekend , party , graduation etc do I pay for the extra tournament ? Tell me because you must be someone from them saying you reached and its not true .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What club doesn't include tournament costs in their fee? You're crazy! Have been involved with numerous clubs with multiple sons in club lax, and never have they not included tourney fees! And tournament fees are team based - whether you have a team of 11 or 45 (cough . . . Express . . . cough), the fee is not any different.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What club doesn't include tournament costs in their fee? You're crazy! Have been involved with numerous clubs with multiple sons in club lax, and never have they not included tourney fees! And tournament fees are team based - whether you have a team of 11 or 45 (cough . . . Express . . . cough), the fee is not any different.

I completely agree with you. Never been charged additional.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I’m posting anonymous because I can . You either are a coach or director and looking out for them. There’s no fake news here I’m saying didn’t get no emails , texts letters ETC ... from them and nothing from the coach about it. Maybe your have to have a meeting with all coaches then coaches can address it to the team or team parent . Call a chain of command and it’s not clear to the the team. Ok great practices are cancelled and not made up I get credit ? If I miss a tournament due to something else that weekend , party , graduation etc do I pay for the extra tournament ? Tell me because you must be someone from them saying you reached and its not true .

Its fake news and you are a straight up liar. If you were actually on the team, you were 1-sent an Remind Me on 12/19/17 @ 9:09 (spring schedule on the website. Please look it over and let me know of any concerns) and then a text right after that. 2- on 12/29/17 @ 11:20 you were sent another text and Remind Me (Are there any concerns or complainants with the summer schedule? Talking to Legacy today about finalizing everything. Please let me know). So again, Fake News, and no, I'm not a coach, but just a parent calling you out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re not understanding my post. When you signed up, you paid for X amount of tournaments, Y amount of practices and a gear package. That is what the club promises you for your money. If your coach decides to enter additional tournaments in the winter or spring, above and beyond the 5 that you paid for, then you will need to pay extra for them. It’s pretty much common sense. As far as additional tourney fees; if there are 20 kids on the team and the tournement cost $1000, everyone should pay $50. However, if 4 of those kids are coaches kids, then you’re dividing that $1000 by 16. Now if the coaches need hotel rooms, your dividing $1900 by 16. Understand? That’s how it works.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re not understanding my post. When you signed up, you paid for X amount of tournaments, Y amount of practices and a gear package. That is what the club promises you for your money. If your coach decides to enter additional tournaments in the winter or spring, above and beyond the 5 that you paid for, then you will need to pay extra for them. It’s pretty much common sense. As far as additional tourney fees; if there are 20 kids on the team and the tournement cost $1000, everyone should pay $50. However, if 4 of those kids are coaches kids, then you’re dividing that $1000 by 16. Now if the coaches need hotel rooms, your dividing $1900 by 16. Understand? That’s how it works.

If that's what the complaint is about then, "yeah". But, that's not what I (and, apparently others responding similarly to me) took the complaint to be - it sounded more like they were asking for fees for ALL of the tourneys being played in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by 631lax58

Its fake news and you are a straight up liar. If you were actually on the team, you were 1-sent an Remind Me on 12/19/17 @ 9:09 (spring schedule on the website. Please look it over and let me know of any concerns) and then a text right after that. 2- on 12/29/17 @ 11:20 you were sent another text and Remind Me (Are there any concerns or complainants with the summer schedule? Talking to Legacy today about finalizing everything. Please let me know). So again, Fake News, and no, I'm not a coach, but just a parent calling you out.
posted on website that’s what u said on whatever day and time , posted on website so that means it’s done they added a tournament before going it over with the team and parents. I received no email or text. I do get there emails but never got one saying we are adding a tournament . My point is do the right thing. People pay a lot of money and they slap another tournament without going over with the team first. It’s a shady move. How about the Club give back to the team , nicevtent for tournaments , a banner something .. legacy looks like garbage at tournaments . Depends on the spring I may move on next year with my son but as for now I’m son is on the team I paid my tuition in full so I can cry about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been doing the club thing for a few years now. It does seem it is a common occurrence for clubs to ask you to pony up for an extra tournament. It doesn't happen every year but it happens a lot. I don't think its always done with malicious intent. A few times a tournament we signed up for didn't have enough teams in a certain age group. They signed us up for a different tournament and charged us the difference. If you have an older kid and only get 4 tournaments included in your tuition, assume you will get charged for more. Most clubs do at least 5 and some do even more. Don't be afraid to crunch the numbers and ask how your money is getting spent for the extra tournament. If they give you a hard time for asking, look for another club

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any one have recommendations for box lacrosse at this age group?

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard