BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,154
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 303 of 327 1 2 301 302 303 304 305 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]He also has the top 2020 recruit in the country committed (Goalie, just names by InsideLacrosse), who is not only an incredible goalie, but could probably start on the Stony Brook Basketball team as well as a Freshman (and I know that's a bold statement).

Wait are you saying there's a freshman on the Massapequa high school lax team that could start on the SBU women's hoops team in 4 years?!

I know there was a freshman hoops girls that was a 6-footer that was pretty good there.

If it's someone other than her that you're referring to then you are off the reservation.

Please tell me a kid wrote that and not a delusional adult.

HHH (from Philly) is top Sophomore in country, committed to SB. Great athlete, not sure about basketball skills, but has great athleticism (incredible vertical). Not sure who you all are confusing her with.

What makes you think she is the top sophomore in the country other than your own ignorant opinion

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is so far over the line....we all joke around, but a new low that has just been set

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"How come after charging all that money for LAED YJs were too cheap to give out tee shirts to the bracket winners?"

Really??? I didn't even realize scores were being officially kept? It was 7v7 on a mini-cross field fall play day...

I did find it ironic that on a day recognizing eating disorders there were NO FOOD VENDORS at all. Kind of funny, though I know the condition itself is not.

Event was held for a good cause
Admire what TC was trying to do
But the event was cause for concern in itself
Cr basicly telling him who would play who
To safe guard her rep and not get smashed by BBP
8th grade teams playing true varsity teams
Hope they raised a good chunk of change for eating disorders after all that is what the day was for
But
It was a poorly run to say the least

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why no A team players in the Farmindale Tournament.

Another CR end run Scam

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is she charging per kid to play in the $600 per team 7 v 7 tournament in Farmingdale this weekend?

$90*15 girls=1350

Another YJ money grab! After paying coaches she'll walk with about 3000$ in her pocket

Paying Coaches???? Most volunteer. Mo money Mo money

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Hampton has sunk to a new low.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

The [lacrosse] who writes Thug Ball every ten seconds and the West Hampton posting (censored) are probably the same person and whats the most pathetic is he believes he knows who responds abusing his wife and kid and yet is still too much of a coward to say something face to face. As far as a new involving thug balls daughter probably not as the guy is obviously a real loser but they should leave his daughter out of it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

The [lacrosse] who writes Thug Ball every ten seconds and the West Hampton posting [lacrosse] are probably the same person and whats the most pathetic is he believes he knows who responds abusing his wife and kid and yet is still too much of a coward to say something face to face. As far as a new involving thug balls daughter probably not as the guy is obviously a real loser but they should leave his daughter out of it[/quote]

Agree, and we need to collectively ignore his posts and just move the thread along bypassing anytime he posts. He will eventually get bored and go somewhere else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a racket she has. She controls most of the tournament circuit. She puts her teams in and makes them pay full price. . What a double dip

And there is never any accounting of what is donated just a portion of the proceeds will be donated. We are all suckers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

The [lacrosse] who writes Thug Ball every ten seconds and the West Hampton posting [lacrosse] are probably the same person and whats the most pathetic is he believes he knows who responds abusing his wife and kid and yet is still too much of a coward to say something face to face. As far as a new involving thug balls daughter probably not as the guy is obviously a real loser but they should leave his daughter out of it[/quote]

You censored the curse but allowed the vile thing this [lacrosse] said about a child? Get your [lacrosse] together.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island is a cess pool. Thank god I don't live there. You people are disgraceful

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why no A team players in the Farmindale Tournament.

Mostly A and B on the 2021 team. Not sure about the other ages

Actually mostly c and d, some from B that will be moving down to c next year and a few A and B

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"How come after charging all that money for LAED YJs were too cheap to give out tee shirts to the bracket winners?"

Really??? I didn't even realize scores were being officially kept? It was 7v7 on a mini-cross field fall play day...

I did find it ironic that on a day recognizing eating disorders there were NO FOOD VENDORS at all. Kind of funny, though I know the condition itself is not.

Why would YJ hand out Tshirts they don't even run this tourney . They support the event by sending teams. Miller Place coach owns and runs the tourney himself. Why don't you ask him!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thug ball. Leaders in red cards every tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I admire your persistence, and I also agree with you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would YJ hand out Tshirts they don't even run this tourney . They support the event by sending teams. Miller Place coach owns and runs the tourney himself. Why don't you ask him!!

TC works for CR
And she has her hands in everthjng YJ related even when it is not her event
It is
She dictates what games will be played
Did her teams even bring raffle baskets as designated on flyer
For the most part everyone is over her and the company she keeps

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TC works for CR
And she has her hands in everthjng YJ related even when it is not her event
It is
She dictates what games will be played
Did her teams even bring raffle baskets as designated on flyer
For the most part everyone is over her and the company she keeps

You are so desperate to have people hate CR its unhealthy. So your kid got put on a low level team just move on. It was a 7 on 7 fundraiser calm down ,SS runs 7 on 7 fundraisers at Hofstra all the time who cares.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I admire your persistence, and I also agree with you.

Thug ball rots from the white hair down👳🏼‍♀️

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what has happened to the Liberty program? they no longer have 2 teams for 2019, 2020 nor 2021. can only field one team per grade. all other comparable programs have 2 teams. Have they dropped that much or have parents had enough of the program and its director?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Why no A team players in the Farmindale Tournament.

Mostly A and B on the 2021 team. Not sure about the other ages[/quote

2021 has 2 Blue players the rest are from B,C,D

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what has happened to the Liberty program? they no longer have 2 teams for 2019, 2020 nor 2021. can only field one team per grade. all other comparable programs have 2 teams. Have they dropped that much or have parents had enough of the program and its director?

You can ask the YJ girls that tried out!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably a combination plus there are more Nassau based clubs to choose from. Liberty B teams were never strong and usually filled with low level Manhasset kids hoping to stay in good graces with the varsity coach but have figured out it doesn’t matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any 2020's or 2021's going to these 7v7, 5v5 and 4v4 that the colleges are hosting this fall and early winter, is this organized through YJ, a few of my daughter's teammates are going, did I miss an email? Someone said some younger girls got offers and/or got noticed at these before the rules changed, are they still used to recruit?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any 2020's or 2021's going to these 7v7, 5v5 and 4v4 that the colleges are hosting this fall and early winter, is this organized through YJ, a few of my daughter's teammates are going, did I miss an email? Someone said some younger girls got offers and/or got noticed at these before the rules changed, are they still used to recruit?

You didnt miss an email. You were not included. Wannabe Daddy Coaches will do or say anything to try and get their kid an advantage. Back stabbing and the secret society is just a way of life at all these clubs. If your not on the right side of it , it sucks. Get used to it. Believe me, I was shocked when we went through it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Money grab
2. Yes they are looking at kids to recruit. bending the rules legally
3. Sadly yet another payout that the average to above average kid has to take part in to realize their parents dream for them to play in college. No longer is the summer circuit enough. Off season Fall and camps are a necessary evil. Good thing parents can pick up 2nd incomes with holiday seasonal jobs starting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can always sign up your daughter to play on a "house team" - maybe the team she is assigned will be less ball hogs than her teammates

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Money grab
2. Yes they are looking at kids to recruit. bending the rules legally
3. Sadly yet another payout that the average to above average kid has to take part in to realize their parents dream for them to play in college. No longer is the summer circuit enough. Off season Fall and camps are a necessary evil. Good thing parents can pick up 2nd incomes with holiday seasonal jobs starting

It's also pretty obvious at these money-grabs which girls they are legitimately watching. Think about it people - there are three maybe four coaches on the staff. How are they watching all the games? Unless you go with your "club team" or high school team and someone is already on their radar - you'll be lucky to see the coaches. I've also noticed that if your house team ends up playing one of their commits teams - then there is a chance to be seen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do tournaments get posted for the younger age groups?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do tournaments get posted for the younger age groups?

Your coach or director could probably answer better than anybody on here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
safe bet you are playing in all the CR run events

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bingo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
safe bet you are playing in all the CR run events

As opposed to the topgun tournament where they invite and get "some" teams from Maryland to come, only to find out they sent the black teams out of state to play real tournaments. So I will agree that the tournaments YJ ran on the island sucked, just like the Hofstra, but some of the off island tournaments are the best out there. By far the best quality tournaments over the last several years has been the mid Atlantic series, both spring and fall, run by CR, no not the YJ CR, as well as the G8, and yes CR of YJ on that one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR is more powerful and richer than 90% of college coaches. She controls the largest club and the biggest tournament circuit. At her peak I think she had her hands in on 8 tournaments a year. My problem is its a double tax. She charges to play YJ's and then she charges full price to her teams to play in her tournaments and nobody has a choice. The lacrosse model is and remains broken. US Lax is a joke. The clubs run the college coaches and the sport

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR is more powerful and richer than 90% of college coaches. She controls the largest club and the biggest tournament circuit. At her peak I think she had her hands in on 8 tournaments a year. My problem is its a double tax. She charges to play YJ's and then she charges full price to her teams to play in her tournaments and nobody has a choice. The lacrosse model is and remains broken. US Lax is a joke. The clubs run the college coaches and the sport

not anymore, with the new recruiting rules the colleges are running camps/clinics all year round, raking in all sorts of cash and making the clubs much less relevant. If you want to get a good look that's the way to go, you can be the greatest player in the world and play on a team of ball hogs and never get noticed at a tournament, but that won't happen at a camp/clinic, for better or worse the college coaches get a real good look at you. Playing club ball before 7th-8th grade has now become nothing more than a reason for mom and dad to brag to friends and family, there is no value. Find Danowski or Starsia utube video where they say as much

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the only thing CR controls is everyone who is buying what she's selling

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is not a double tax. Her per team fee is comparable to the other major tournaments. She collects vs. another tournament sponsor, no more and no less. The YJ commitment and tournament fees are very reasonable to comparable clubs and less than most.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is not a double tax. Her per team fee is comparable to the other major tournaments. She collects vs. another tournament sponsor, no more and no less. The YJ commitment and tournament fees are very reasonable to comparable clubs and less than most.

not anymore, with the new recruiting rules the colleges are running camps/clinics all year round, raking in all sorts of cash and making the clubs much less relevant. If you want to get a good look that's the way to go, you can be the greatest player in the world and play on a team of ball hogs and never get noticed at a tournament, but that won't happen at a camp/clinic, for better or worse the college coaches get a real good look at you. Playing club ball before 7th-8th grade has now become nothing more than a reason for mom and dad to brag to friends and family, there is no value. Find Danowski or Starsia utube video where they say as much

But now the kids are locked in until 12th grade with the club since the verba'ls don't start until 11th. I know many didn't drop out before after they verballed in 8th, 9yh & 10th but now they have to stay because of verbal delay. The clubs didn't suffer one bit but now the college coaches are getting in on the money train with camps and clinics. Keeps getting more expensive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have kids about 12 years apart. The first one started club in 6th grade and just played summer with maybe a local camp. The current one started in 1st grade, plays summers, plays fall, does privates and clinics and now is doing college camps and clinics. Its crazy the extra time and money required to have the same result as the first. And the scary thing is the lacrosse isn't noticeably better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The rule change should definitely help with parents/players not feeling like they have to play lacrosse year round in order to be recruited. My 2020 daughter actually did not play club lacrosse until summer before 7th grade, and verbally committed in 9th grade. Before our summers were filled with lacrosse (which she would have no other way at this point), they involved swim team, just being a kid, and some camps here and there that were rec type camps for different sports or not sports related. We don't live on Long Island so I'm not too familiar with how club lax works there, but if kids need to start playing for a club in elementary school in order to secure a spot, then I'd look for a different club.

For what it's worth, my daughter seemed to get the most exposure and college coach interest from playing in tournaments with her club team. Camps/clinics seem worthwhile at schools a player has a very strong interest in, and at schools where the player is already on the coachs' radar and will be in a group they are watching closely. That was our experience at least.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have kids about 12 years apart. The first one started club in 6th grade and just played summer with maybe a local camp. The current one started in 1st grade, plays summers, plays fall, does privates and clinics and now is doing college camps and clinics. Its crazy the extra time and money required to have the same result as the first. And the scary thing is the lacrosse isn't noticeably better

I agree that it is hard to notice a difference over the years. But the lacrosse is in fact better. There is definitely an overall increase in the number of talented girls, but the girls are spread out over a much larger number of clubs. So the teams still look about the same, but I definitely see the difference when all that talent gets rounded up. For instance, the talent showing up at the college camps is miles deeper and the all star stuff like UA the talent depth is far superior than yesteryear. The top schools like Md and NC still get top girls and look only marginally better than years past. I also think that the game has also changed over the last 10-15 years, and that the top players now are much better (overall) than they used to be and the competition is greatly better in D1.

Like Reply Quote
Page 303 of 327 1 2 301 302 303 304 305 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard