BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
Re: Boys 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hey, it is a free world. Don't sign up. Anyone on LI who doesn't get it by now is a fool. And as the old saying goes, "A fool and his money are soon parted"

I kinda feel sorry for the saps in Westchester. They don't even know that they are being 'shoplifted' yet.

Which Westchester teams are you talking about?

The "Quote" button appears to be too hard for this guy to use...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep on feeling sorry for the saps in Westchester wearing orange and black. . . . Right on up until they kick the LI team's butt. You'll never see it coming.

I think you are missing the point. There are good 'A' teams all over the country quite able to compete and/or beat many Long Island based 'A' teams.

Westchester and CT have also become quite adept at holding back kids as they transition to private HS.

The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th teams are the joke.

Your response sorta proves my point by the way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep on feeling sorry for the saps in Westchester wearing orange and black. . . . Right on up until they kick the LI team's butt. You'll never see it coming.

I think you are missing the point. There are good 'A' teams all over the country quite able to compete and/or beat many Long Island based 'A' teams.

Westchester and CT have also become quite adept at holding back kids as they transition to private HS.

The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th teams are the joke.

Your response sorta proves my point by the way.

While the holdback situation impacts diminish as you get to HS, they don't disappear - when on age grouped boys play as such, LI teams tend to dominate many other areas where school date cutoffs are different and/or the holdback tendencies are much higher (MD & MA!).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, it is a free world. Don't sign up. Anyone on LI who doesn't get it by now is a fool. And as the old saying goes, "A fool and his money are soon parted"

I kinda feel sorry for the saps in Westchester. They don't even know that they are being 'shoplifted' yet.

Any with more than one team at an age group. Let's face it, there is only one organization with multiple teams per grade. They are notorious for it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any with more than one team at an age group. Let's face it, there is only one organization with multiple teams per grade. They are notorious for it.

. . . and notorious for having way too many players on their teams as well!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles have a very good Fogo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And the best logo in all of sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FL$ is also having supplemental tryouts this weekend for 2020......which pretty much says it all.
Express having supplemental tryouts this weekend.....

How were the supplemental Express tryouts? How many 2020 teams will they be fielding?

5 teams

Calling BS on this. Half their B team left. The whole C team thing starts to get old and unjustifiably expensive by sophomore year in HS as well. So they will lose some of those kids. They are not fielding 5 teams. The fact that last year thy had 4 was insane. Look how that worked out.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FL$ is also having supplemental tryouts this weekend for 2020......which pretty much says it all.
Express having supplemental tryouts this weekend.....

How were the supplemental Express tryouts? How many 2020 teams will they be fielding?

5 teams

Calling BS on this. Half their B team left. The whole C team thing starts to get old and unjustifiably expensive by sophomore year in HS as well. So they will lose some of those kids. They are not fielding 5 teams. The fact that last year thy had 4 was insane. Look how that worked out.....

I think the poster was being sarcastic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And the best logo in all of sports.

Yea behind about 10 others.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sarcasm doesnt come across in text.. sucks. I think the 5 teams and turtle logo were both sarcasm... But i could be wrong, its happened once before.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sarcasm doesnt come across in text.. sucks. I think the 5 teams and turtle logo were both sarcasm... But i could be wrong, its happened once before.

You cannot rule out anything with Express. They'd have 10 team if they thought they could pull it off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone been with their son at a prospect day this fall? Wondering how the communication is with the coaches with the new rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone been with their son at a prospect day this fall? Wondering how the communication is with the coaches with the new rules.

Good question. I'm wondering if those institutions provide a bit of clarity/roadmap about how they approach recruiting/evaluating players prior to 9/1 of junior year.

Without clarity parents are forced to decide what prospect days and showcases their kid should attend without knowing much about what their kid will be getting out of it. You can drain your bank account pretty quickly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good question. I'm wondering if those institutions provide a bit of clarity/roadmap about how they approach recruiting/evaluating players prior to 9/1 of junior year.

Without clarity parents are forced to decide what prospect days and showcases their kid should attend without knowing much about what their kid will be getting out of it. You can drain your bank account pretty quickly.

I would suggest figuring out what schools your son is interested in first, then go to those prospect days.Be realistic though, check the academics and see if he can get in. I would go to a D1, D2 and D3 prospect day. See how he fares. Its trial and error.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would suggest figuring out what schools your son is interested in first, then go to those prospect days.Be realistic though, check the academics and see if he can get in. I would go to a D1, D2 and D3 prospect day. See how he fares. Its trial and error.

The question with my son is not which days to attend, just what is communications like with coaches. Prior to rule change his club coach would get feedback from events he participated in. He really hasn't done anything since summer. So just trying to get an idea what to expect, if anyone has had experience this fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they really don't talk much to 2020's, they have been telling the 2020's to keep working on their game and to keep them updated on there schedule. my son is a 2019 and the coaches will tell players to stick around afterwards because the head coach wants to speak to them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son who is committed went to his schools prospect day. Coach spoke to us after and said he’s doing great, and made a lot of small talk without actually referring to the commitment. Was a great opportunity to feel more secure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they really don't talk much to 2020's, they have been telling the 2020's to keep working on their game and to keep them updated on there schedule. my son is a 2019 and the coaches will tell players to stick around afterwards because the head coach wants to speak to them

Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son who is committed went to his schools prospect day. Coach spoke to us after and said he’s doing great, and made a lot of small talk without actually referring to the commitment. Was a great opportunity to feel more secure.

Thanks and congratulations on your son being committed. Hope he continues to do well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you.

Yes- had the exact same experience recently with my son who is a 2020. Coaches would not engage in dialogue with the 2020's but encouraged the 2019's to stay after the event ended to have conversations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you.

Yes- had the exact same experience recently with my son who is a 2020. Coaches would not engage in dialogue with the 2020's but encouraged the 2019's to stay after the event ended to have conversations.

Agreed, but was also told that they are definitely putting their list together of 2020 kids they are interested in, so if your son is really interested in the school, it is worth going to the prospect day for them to see your son, as well as for your son to get the feel of the school and the team. My son has had lunch with some of the players at various schools and learned a lot about the schools from the kids; how they feel about the school, the academics, study hall, travel, the style/temperament of the coaches etc. Prospect days are as much for your kid as they are for the coach. I'd pick your kid's top 3-4 schools that you know fit him academically and skill wise on the field and register for those. The rest of the schools, send them emails with video, grades and updates on where you will play with your team and what showcases. Good luck to all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know anything about the Fall Nike Blue Chip event? Worth going to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone see the turtles play? How are they looking?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles are A, not AA. behind 91 and LIE, in the mix with Igloo FL$, LegsC and Outlaws on LI. A few good players, not deep.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles are A, not AA. behind 91 and LIE, in the mix with Igloo FL$, LegsC and Outlaws on LI. A few good players, not deep.

Turtles have not played any good competition yet. They have played only B teams, so please don't get ahead of yourselves! Don't think they would be in a close game with any of those others you mentioned.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed with the above. Maybe they could play a competitive game with Outlaws.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t outlaws just play FL$ in a close game, so why make out like they don’t belong in the same group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles have not played any good competition yet. They have played only B teams, so please don't get ahead of yourselves! Don't think they would be in a close game with any of those others you mentioned.

You’ve seen them play so you know how good or bad they are?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’ve seen them play so you know how good or bad they are?

What tournaments have they played in? Have they played any Long Island teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the pecking order of the various LIE '20 teams? Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Crush
LI Express
everyone else

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Crush
LI Express
everyone else

Um....express is not a clear second. They are in the same mix with Legacy, fl$, Igloo, and Outlaws. Let me know when you have proof they're any better. Their record is inconsistent at best. It's more like Crush, then the second tier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed with the above.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Crush lose to Sweetlax Florida? Score on Tourney machine correct?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like a forfeit to me. 1-0. It was cold and nasty so no reason to play in that weather.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was impressed by LB3 Atlanta

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like a forfeit to me. 1-0. It was cold and nasty so no reason to play in that weather.

These are high school boys. A bit odd that they would not play because it was cold and nasty against a team that flew in for the event. Events were going on all over the east coast in cold, wet and nasty weather and games went on. Can't imagine that Crush, from cold NY, would forfeit because it was cold to a team from the Sunshine state. Either way, it is a loss.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These are high school boys. A bit odd that they would not play because it was cold and nasty against a team that flew in for the event. Events were going on all over the east coast in cold, wet and nasty weather and games went on. Can't imagine that Crush, from cold NY, would forfeit because it was cold to a team from the Sunshine state. Either way, it is a loss.

College coaches probably gone by this game time so whats the point?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

College coaches probably gone by this game time so whats the point?

There were still many coaches around. Team looked really bad not playing. Are Spallina et al. proud of coaching a bunch of prima donnas who couldn't care to face a bunch of potential future teammates and NLF members? Are 91 parents proud of the optics? How can you be proud. Win on the field, lose in life. . .losers.

Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard