BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 39 of 97 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 96 97
Re: Westchester Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Makes sense. Schreiber from Long Island. He and Channy are cut from same cloth. Although Schreiber may want to shed a few pounds. Guy is a walking heart attack.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like some people are getting nervous..... should have worked your boys harder, or better yet have them go out for math team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Sounds like some people are getting nervous..... should have worked your boys harder, or better yet have them go out for math team.[/quote

Tell that to bill gates, mark zuckerberg you moron. Go read a book with your kid J-off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who did those two play for? I never heard of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In all seriousness, does anyone know whether any players (Katonah or Westport) for any graduation year have been notified about team placement yet?

Understandably, there are several grades with multiple levels (AA/A) in two different locations so will take a long time to complete the communication, but wondering whether it has even begun yet.

Sincere responses rather than more disparaging comments about Express program please.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
In all seriousness, does anyone know whether any players (Katonah or Westport) for any graduation year have been notified about team placement yet?

Understandably, there are several grades with multiple levels (AA/A) in two different locations so will take a long time to complete the communication, but wondering whether it has even begun yet.

Sincere responses rather than more disparaging comments about Express program please.

Apparently an email was sent out around 11 am today that they would start notifying tomorrow morning but would take longer for others. For whatever reason that email did not go to everyone, not sure why.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 Katonah team has been picked. 1 team. They are still deciding how many teams and who for Westport 2023.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 Katonah team has been picked. 1 team. They are still deciding how many teams and who for Westport 2023.

Apparently teams trickling out? Anyone have any insight?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is a question. Why would anyone want to play on a second team in any age bracket when you still could go to Predators, warriors and 91 TS? Once your a B player, it's tough to break that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is a question. Why would anyone want to play on a second team in any age bracket when you still could go to Predators, warriors and 91 TS? Once your a B player, it's tough to break that

From a personal standpoint, I would say it depends upon the player. My oldest would never want to play on a second team, so we would decline and try to secure a spot on another team which was the first (or only) team for that organization. Our second son though is not the same level skill-wise OR drive-wise, and is quite happy playing on any team simply for the experience and the camaraderie.

Of course, not every family is willing/able to play $3-4K to play on a second team merely for the benefit of camaraderie.

Some will bank on the slim chance that there is an injury on the top team and hope their son might get pulled up, which may sway them toward the second team for Express North, while others may feel like their son will get better development from potentially practicing with the top team (assuming top and second teams practice together) which would not happen at Preds, Warriors or 91 Tri-state.

Timing is also a factor, with LIEN down payments due tomorrow ($800 - not cheap) but other tryouts not even scheduled to begin until later (Press earliest I believe which is next weekend). Clubs are well aware, hence they Friday deadline with a hefty down payment. Unless you are 100% confident you will get a spot, you are likely to commit, even if unhappy, which Schreiber is well aware of.

Some on the top teams may be able to get an extension, but many will not be able to as I am told there are many players who have not been notified yet, which could mean they are not getting a spot at all but could also mean they are being put aside as "backup" for players who are higher on the depth chart in case they bail.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone here anything for Westport teams yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From a personal standpoint, I would say it depends upon the player. My oldest would never want to play on a second team, so we would decline and try to secure a spot on another team which was the first (or only) team for that organization. Our second son though is not the same level skill-wise OR drive-wise, and is quite happy playing on any team simply for the experience and the camaraderie.

Of course, not every family is willing/able to play $3-4K to play on a second team merely for the benefit of camaraderie.

Some will bank on the slim chance that there is an injury on the top team and hope their son might get pulled up, which may sway them toward the second team for Express North, while others may feel like their son will get better development from potentially practicing with the top team (assuming top and second teams practice together) which would not happen at Preds, Warriors or 91 Tri-state.

Timing is also a factor, with LIEN down payments due tomorrow ($800 - not cheap) but other tryouts not even scheduled to begin until later (Press earliest I believe which is next weekend). Clubs are well aware, hence they Friday deadline with a hefty down payment. Unless you are 100% confident you will get a spot, you are likely to commit, even if unhappy, which Schreiber is well aware of.

Some on the top teams may be able to get an extension, but many will not be able to as I am told there are many players who have not been notified yet, which could mean they are not getting a spot at all but could also mean they are being put aside as "backup" for players who are higher on the depth chart in case they bail.

I agree that it depends on the player, but it also depends on the team. The "second" team at one organization may be better (better coaching, players, tournaments, etc) than the top, or sole, team at another organization. Or maybe it isn't. Each team will be different. Parents shouldn't worry about whether a team is the second team at an organization. They should just vet the team vs other options for their kid. If the second team is the best option, than that is the direction they should go. But I do not think that a team's status as a "second" team, in and of itself, means anything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see all these discussions about contentious relationships with teams and I'm, frankly, surprised that anyone would put up with it. My son has played for two Westchester based clubs, Preds and 2Way, and I've been wonderfully impressed with the coaching and the direction of both clubs. McCall and Earl are two great instructors and we've found them to be honest and lovely. There really is no reason to be angry at the club when these guys are here in your backyard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard anything from Eclipse since the tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have heard good things about both 2 way and preds but could anyone tell me if they compete against the so called A clubs in CT/Long island? I don't see them much at the competitive tourneys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard anything from Eclipse since the tryouts?

Not sure what you mean. Rosters were posted, uniform orders were requested. Done deal.
Rosters have now been taken down.
Will not hear anything else for those rostered until September I am guessing....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word is eclipse won't make it to Denver next year.
They are a great B club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have heard good things about both 2 way and preds but could anyone tell me if they compete against the so called A clubs in CT/Long island? I don't see them much at the competitive tourneys.

No they do not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both clubs tend to be pretty good but not as concerned with following model of teams like PT, Eclipse, Express etc. that play in same tourneys and league, rely on holdbacks, really push to create college recruits. Both will pop up at random LI "A" tourneys but then some random one in NJ or something. Think they go where they want as long as the players are happy and aren't too concerned with outside noise. They brag about being elite or competing against the best like everyone else. But also could change as these programs grow and if they want to challenge for things like WSYL.

As for competing versus A clubs in CT, only Eclipse would count as "A" in using LI terms. Maybe new Express Westport. Preds and 2Way if defined as "B" would beat every other club in CT in most grades.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Preds played in Platinum Cup, and Philly Summer Invitational. Good A level competition.(Clams/Madlax/PT/Looneys/NXT). Always put a number of kids into high end showcases.
PT plays in the big tourneys if that's important to you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both clubs tend to be pretty good but not as concerned with following model of teams like PT, Eclipse, Express etc. that play in same tourneys and league, rely on holdbacks, really push to create college recruits. Both will pop up at random LI "A" tourneys but then some random one in NJ or something. Think they go where they want as long as the players are happy and aren't too concerned with outside noise. They brag about being elite or competing against the best like everyone else. But also could change as these programs grow and if they want to challenge for things like WSYL.

As for competing versus A clubs in CT, only Eclipse would count as "A" in using LI terms. Maybe new Express Westport. Preds and 2Way if defined as "B" would beat every other club in CT in most grades.

A lot depends on what age group you are discussing.

Regarding Express Westport/Fairfield... Does anyone really know how good that is going to be?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express CT is just Chargers with a new name. It will be a joke and in my humble opinion, a waste of time and money. But if little Johnny (and his parents) wants to tell his 2 friends that he plays for express then go for it. Total money grab and you are kidding yourself if you think otherwise. $3k+ for some b team. Forget about it, join 2 way or preds if you can.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Warriors is the way to go. The coaching is incredible and I am hearing over 200 kids trying out on the 27th. Savastano are great educators that know how to coach the boys up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nick and vin Savastano are going to pick up an insane amount of quality kids this year. Express north is a disaster, no matter what Schreiber says, Playing on a B team when the AA team is a B team as far as lacrosse concerned is not the way to go. You will always be an afterthought to the most dis organized lax director around. Go to Warriors, predators or 91 TS. And get the coaching and attention you deserve for your money

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you all up in Westchester paying 3+K for club lacrosse??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nick and vin Savastano are going to pick up an insane amount of quality kids this year. Express north is a disaster, no matter what Schreiber says, Playing on a B team when the AA team is a B team as far as lacrosse concerned is not the way to go. You will always be an afterthought to the most dis organized lax director around. Go to Warriors, predators or 91 TS. And get the coaching and attention you deserve for your money

I have to laugh. It's so obvious you didn't get the placement you wanted for your son.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Preds, 3Dtristate Warriors are the only tryouts still to come.
ExpressNorth got a lot unhappy 91TS boys with the lure of AA and A teams.Schrieber got greedy seeing the numbers at their tryouts hence multiple teams, can't imagine anyone being happy at the end of next summer.

All the programs in Westchester are getting stronger each year. PrimeTime being the most competitive. Warriors have the Savastano's coaching so given time developing, their younger teams will be strong by HS. 2Way plays in B/C level tourneys but as they get stronger I'm sure you'll start seeing them in the more competive tournaments. 91TS has to up their program to attract better talent or they will always be a catch all for the kids not making any other team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Schreiber is a lot of things. Organized is not one of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express North is a solid program that offers kids at every level to play summer lax.
The 2018 & 2019 teams are very good. 2020AA is solid possibly top 20 team in country
The 2021AA team is good and will be much better next summer. They picked up several new bodies and will be much improved. 2022 & 2023 are works in progress.

Chris Schreiber has committed more 2018's and 2019's than Primetime. It's all about results and Schreiber gets them as does Daniello from Primetime. Let's see what 2way, 91 tri state, eclipse, predators and Warriors can do in the coming years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets stop with the horse [lacrosse] that Schreiber committed kids......the kids committed themselves, along with their parents and HS coaches. He trys to sell that BS to unknowing parents like a snake oil salesman. Committed means nothing more then going to college, he trys to make it sound like they have scholarships which isn't the case, they are verbals which really mean nothing until they get the right SAT/ACT scores and a good GPA. 95+% of those kids would have gotten into those schools from any other program. Stop drinking the Kool Aid......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets stop with the horse [lacrosse] that Schreiber committed kids......the kids committed themselves, along with their parents and HS coaches. He trys to sell that BS to unknowing parents like a snake oil salesman. Committed means nothing more then going to college, he trys to make it sound like they have scholarships which isn't the case, they are verbals which really mean nothing until they get the right SAT/ACT scores and a good GPA. 95+% of those kids would have gotten into those schools from any other program. Stop drinking the Kool Aid......

Isn't that case case with every program?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The talent at the 2nd PT tryout date was topflight. Really tight stick-work.

Sure you had a few rockstars going coast to coast to shoot at the scrimmage, but what impressed me was the amount of good sold give and go passes and tight feed passes that happened between the kids with different helmets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are an idiot. You obviously have an axe to grind.
It's the clubs job to coach top players and pit them
vs top competition. All directors, including Schreiber
have the connections IF your kid has the talent and grades.
It is ultimately up to the college coaches. Don't be pissed that
he was brutally honest and said your kid wasn't skilled enough
for the AA team. And make no mistake, they are AA teams. All the other negative banter an this site is from disgruntled parents. Nobody is perfect, but if your kid has the mustard and your with Schreiber, it's a good place to be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will PT tryout results be announced?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a joke, nobody wants the Savastanos in Section 1 so they coach C level lacrosse at Kennedy. If your kid sucks go to Warriors, so tired of them promoting themselves on this board, it's REALLY bad Lax and it's not going to change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will PT tryout results be announced?

Wednesday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some kids know already but notice goes out mon or tues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a joke, nobody wants the Savastanos in Section 1 so they coach C level lacrosse at Kennedy. If your kid sucks go to Warriors, so tired of them promoting themselves on this board, it's REALLY bad Lax and it's not going to change.

Why the hatred for the Savastano's? Do they sell themselves as elite, or the best? They will grow each and every year and teach your child. It's really that simple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take a look around section 1 and the coaches. The Savastano's have an incredible record from JJ, Brewster, Hen Hud. Wherever they go they win..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you explain since the Savastano's left JJ Yorktown has beat them 15 in a row.

The Sav's beat, Yorktown 4 in a row and one was the Class A section finals. I think Marr, Carney are happy the Sav's are not coaching at J.

Like Reply Quote
Page 39 of 97 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 96 97
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard