BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,518
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 21 1 2 18 19 20 21
Re: Team Elevate Girls Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

I agree with your 1 thru 4. Rounding out the top 5 would be YJ Lonigro.

Who cares about your rankings? Has no impact on your daughter's ability to play lacrosse. Does her recruitment video begin with your rankings?

And really who cares, because it's just LI. Besides YJ Carro, none of the rest are a top team outside LI. I can name 5 off the top of my head that are much better than the second best team on long island and I'm sure there are more.
[/quote]

I can think of 10 teams that are better than YJ Mitchell and Liberty black and they're not all from Maryland. [/quote]

Agreed ...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares about your rankings? Has no impact on your daughter's ability to play lacrosse. Does her recruitment video begin with your rankings?

And really who cares, because it's just LI. Besides YJ Carro, none of the rest are a top team outside LI. I can name 5 off the top of my head that are much better than the second best team on long island and I'm sure there are more.

I can think of 10 teams that are better than YJ Mitchell and Liberty black and they're not all from Maryland. [/quote]

Agreed ... [/quote]

Agreed ... [/quote]

Agreed ... [/quote]

Agreed ... [/quote]

And I can't think of one college coach who actually gives a $&@! Who's team is better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree....college coaches do not care which team is better. Disagree there are 10 teams outside Maryland better than YJ Mitchel, YJ Lonigro and or Liberty Black. There are a few that can hang....but there are simply not many teams beating these teams. 2019 on LI is very deep.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree....college coaches do not care which team is better. Disagree there are 10 teams outside Maryland better than YJ Mitchel, YJ Lonigro and or Liberty Black. There are a few that can hang....but there are simply not many teams beating these teams. 2019 on LI is very deep.

many teams will beat Liberty Black - they just aren't very good. glorified PAL team from Manhasset for the most part. however, it really is irrelevant - coaches don't care about parent rankings - only the players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

many teams will beat Liberty Black - they just aren't very good. glorified PAL team from Manhasset for the most part. however, it really is irrelevant - coaches don't care about parent rankings - only the players.

2019 Liberty Black is very good. Name a team {outside the top 5 teams ranked on this thread} that can beat them?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not 10 teams outside LI that are better than the YJ 3rd team??? What is wrong w you people?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2019 Liberty Black is very good. Name a team {outside the top 5 teams ranked on this thread} that can beat them?

Agree - Liberty Black is a very good team. Watched them play this summer. There is no team in that age group that plays them that can say they aren't a strong team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not 10 teams outside LI that are better than the YJ 3rd team??? What is wrong w you people?

Guess you never watched the YJ 3rd team play. If you did, you'd know they are a very good team. No team outside the top [4] teams {TG Black, YJ Carro, YJ Mitchell or Liberty Black} on LI are beating them. To reiterate, no college coach cares about our rankings. But anybody who has watched this team, knows they are legit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess you never watched the YJ 3rd team play. If you did, you'd know they are a very good team. No team outside the top [4] teams {TG Black, YJ Carro, YJ Mitchell or Liberty Black} on LI are beating them. To reiterate, no college coach cares about our rankings. But anybody who has watched this team, knows they are legit.

How have they done against the Maryland and New Jersey Teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very well. Only loses came versus some of the big dogs. I suppose you can look up results if you want.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very well. Only loses came versus some of the big dogs. I suppose you can look up results if you want.

The third YJ team is not being watched by many coaches. Maybe a few girls commit, but that's it. But keep drinking the koolaid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The third YJ team is not being watched by many coaches. Maybe a few girls commit, but that's it. But keep drinking the koolaid.

No Koolaid here. I still say you've never watched them. You just can't get past a club's 3rd team is good. Hope you get a chance to actually watch them. Peace!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very well. Only loses came versus some of the big dogs. I suppose you can look up results if you want. [/quote]

The third YJ team is not being watched by many coaches. Maybe a few girls commit, but that's it. But keep drinking the koolaid. [/quote]
No Koolaid here. I still say you've never watched them. You just can't get past a club's 3rd team is good. Hope you get a chance to actually watch them. Peace! [/quote]

Lets try this for off the top of my head some teams that r better than the YJ C 2019 team?

M&D
Skywalker
Hero
TLC
Integrity
Mass Elite
YJ A
YJ B
Top Gun Black
Eaglestix
Laxmaniax
NJ Steps
Ultimate PA
Elevate Blue
Common Goal Orange
Lady Roc Yellow
Liberty
South Jersey Select

and i'm sure many many more ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know your stuff. All great teams. You went as far south as Atlanta all the way to Massachusetts. But only 5 teams on LI better. So you and I agree. C team legit!! Thanks for proving my point. Peace.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know your stuff. All great teams. You went as far south as Atlanta all the way to Massachusetts. But only 5 teams on LI better. So you and I agree. C team legit!! Thanks for proving my point. Peace.

I guess u missed his "and many many more'. There is nothing 'legit' about the YJ C team. They would lose to most of the teams on that list by whatever the other team wanted the score to be. YJ C doesn't play any 'legit' teams, so you probably have no idea how lopsided it would be. Please name for us the best win, in your opinion, that YJ C has had. Peace.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got the 2019 Roster since tryouts are complete - Elevate 19 Blue has 25 kids on the roster! Unreal. This is our recruiting year and we have more kids than ever. Playing time will be minimal. GREEEEDDDD IS GOOD!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recruiting year? That was last summer. There are close to 500 commits already from the class of 2019 and the expectation is many, many more after Sept. 1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess u missed his "and many many more'. There is nothing 'legit' about the YJ C team. They would lose to most of the teams on that list by whatever the other team wanted the score to be. YJ C doesn't play any 'legit' teams, so you probably have no idea how lopsided it would be. Please name for us the best win, in your opinion, that YJ C has had. Peace.

Your hatred to their club is evident. Never tried to make an argument that they're best team out there. Simple added this team to a top [5] 2019 Long Island team rankings from an earlier post. But for whatever reason, you feel compelled to knock this team.....which you've never even watched play. Do you also look down at your nose at college teams not top 10 in the country? You made a very good list of the top 18 teams in the country {there are not many many more teams like you say}. This fun rankings has gone from them being perhaps the 5th best team on LI for 2019 to they can't play with the top teams in the country. You're right, M&D Black would crush them. But M&D Red lost to YJ C twice this summer. Now go ahead and trash M&D Red or Hero's white, or SW White and or Eagle Stix......because they've traded wins with them too. Stop hating and give peace a chance. Good luck to all 2019's up and down and all around the country.....but especially to the LI girls!! Sept 1 right around the corner.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
25 is a lot but if your daughter is one of the better ones she will get more playing time. Especially in the big games. There are 23 on 21 blue too. Added 2 more players. 23 is the limit I think.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recruiting year? That was last summer. There are close to 500 commits already from the class of 2019 and the expectation is many, many more after Sept. 1

Are you saying it's too late for 2019 Elevate kids to be recruited?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
19 Blue has 24 kids including 2 goalies. That's pretty standard I think.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think a lot of girls will commit this fall. And there are already many girls committed. It's not too late this fall, but many spots are taken especially at top and mid D1 schools. And next summer is probably is too late except for D3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
25 is a lot but if your daughter is one of the better ones she will get more playing time. Especially in the big games. There are 23 on 21 blue too. Added 2 more players. 23 is the limit I think.

girls may not take the spot and that will lower the number.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your hatred to their club is evident. Never tried to make an argument that they're best team out there. Simple added this team to a top [5] 2019 Long Island team rankings from an earlier post. But for whatever reason, you feel compelled to knock this team.....which you've never even watched play. Do you also look down at your nose at college teams not top 10 in the country? You made a very good list of the top 18 teams in the country {there are not many many more teams like you say}. This fun rankings has gone from them being perhaps the 5th best team on LI for 2019 to they can't play with the top teams in the country. You're right, M&D Black would crush them. But M&D Red lost to YJ C twice this summer. Now go ahead and trash M&D Red or Hero's white, or SW White and or Eagle Stix......because they've traded wins with them too. Stop hating and give peace a chance. Good luck to all 2019's up and down and all around the country.....but especially to the LI girls!! Sept 1 right around the corner.

and the delusion continues ... "Do you also look down at your nose at college teams not top 10 in the country?" Ok, so now the YJ C team players aren't top 10 team in college type players but you probably think right below that. Come on ... It's ok to play D3. In fact preferable for many. Just stop beating your chest. The YJ C team is just that, a C team. And they r not the 5th best LI 2019 team, but even if they were, that is saying very little. You are on the board of the likely 5th best team ... Elevate Blue 19

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The third YJ team is not being watched by many coaches. Maybe a few girls commit, but that's it. But keep drinking the koolaid. [/quote]
No Koolaid here. I still say you've never watched them. You just can't get past a club's 3rd team is good. Hope you get a chance to actually watch them. Peace! [/quote]

Lets try this for off the top of my head some teams that r better than the YJ C 2019 team?

M&D
Skywalker
Hero
TLC
Integrity
Mass Elite
YJ A
YJ B
Top Gun Black
Eaglestix
Laxmaniax
NJ Steps
Ultimate PA
Elevate Blue
Common Goal Orange
Lady Roc Yellow
Liberty
South Jersey Select

and i'm sure many many more ...

[/quote]

You missed T3 Shore Black - beat them at Lax for the cure. Might as well throw in T3 North black - which is much better than the shore team.
And Heros 2019 white - which beats out a lot of A teams. I also did not see Capital and MDU.
Wait - one more - Salt City.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and the delusion continues ... "Do you also look down at your nose at college teams not top 10 in the country?" Ok, so now the YJ C team players aren't top 10 team in college type players but you probably think right below that. Come on ... It's ok to play D3. In fact preferable for many. Just stop beating your chest. The YJ C team is just that, a C team. And they r not the 5th best LI 2019 team, but even if they were, that is saying very little. You are on the board of the likely 5th best team ... Elevate Blue 19

Never said D3 is a bad thing. Never said girls are looking at top college teams. You should watch a team play before you make foolish comments. Guessing your daughter plays Elevate Blue and makes you uncomfortable being compared to this YJ C team. Let's hope they get to play each other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never said D3 is a bad thing. Never said girls are looking at top college teams. You should watch a team play before you make foolish comments. Guessing your daughter plays Elevate Blue and makes you uncomfortable being compared to this YJ C team. Let's hope they get to play each other.

Need advice. Should I make A deposit before know the fall schedule?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Need advice. Should I make A deposit before know the fall schedule?

Absolutely NOT! What club? You should know exactly what you are getting? Fall Tournaments and how many practices? Winter practices? Winter league? How many spring and summer practices and how many summer tournaments. They likely know what summer tournaments your team is signed up for as they register a year in advance for many of them. Dont make a deposit until you get all of that in an email.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never feel pressured to give ANY club your money. There are tons of clubs and tons of spots. Clubs may say "you have 3 days to take your spot". In maybe 1 or 2 clubs you may lose your spot but for the bulk of the clubs, they will take your money weeks later. There are so many clubs out there, dont rush into it. We did one year several years ago when my first daughter started and we learned from that. Go to a few tryouts and see what is out there and explore your options. Dont be pressured, there are enough clubs for everyone!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dave let everyone know at tryouts that 2017 fall and 2018 summer tournaments will be the same as last year. About 5/6 practices in the fall and then optional winter training. Sunday practices start in march and run until end of May and then summer practices start which are twice a week. I confirmed this with DK and VK yesterday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dave let everyone know at tryouts that 2017 fall and 2018 summer tournaments will be the same as last year. About 5/6 practices in the fall and then optional winter training. Sunday practices start in march and run until end of May and then summer practices start which are twice a week. I confirmed this with DK and VK yesterday.

What is actually included? Not much. You will pay for everything. Elevate is. Money grab!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]
Never said D3 is a bad thing. Never said girls are looking at top college teams. You should watch a team play before you make foolish comments. Guessing your daughter plays Elevate Blue and makes you uncomfortable being compared to this YJ C team. Let's hope they get to play each other. [/quote]

It'd be a real snoozer if my daughter's team played YJ C. My daughter's coach would likely be having them pass the ball around, no more shots at 15-0 midway thru 2nd half. And in typical YJ fashion, you and your fellow YJ parents will be screaming that the refs screwed your team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never said D3 is a bad thing. Never said girls are looking at top college teams. You should watch a team play before you make

foolish comments. Guessing your daughter plays Elevate Blue and makes you uncomfortable being compared to this YJ C team. Let's hope they get to play each other. [/quote]

It'd be a real snoozer if my daughter's team played YJ C. My daughter's coach would likely be having them pass the ball around, no more shots at 15-0 midway thru 2nd half. And in typical YJ fashion, you and your fellow YJ parents will be screaming that the refs screwed your team.[/quote]

That's sort of hilarious , you just described the feelings of almost every YJ blue and TG black parent when they play elevate .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never said D3 is a bad thing. Never said girls are looking at top college teams. You should watch a team play before you make

foolish comments. Guessing your daughter plays Elevate Blue and makes you uncomfortable being compared to this YJ C team. Let's hope they get to play each other.

It'd be a real snoozer if my daughter's team played YJ C. My daughter's coach would likely be having them pass the ball around, no more shots at 15-0 midway thru 2nd half. And in typical YJ fashion, you and your fellow YJ parents will be screaming that the refs screwed your team.[/quote]

That's sort of hilarious , you just described the feelings of almost every YJ blue and TG black parent when they play elevate .[/quote]

Agreed. Elevate sucks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never said D3 is a bad thing. Never said girls are looking at top college teams. You should watch a team play before you make foolish comments. Guessing your daughter plays Elevate Blue and makes you uncomfortable being compared to this YJ C team. Let's hope they get to play each other. [/quote]

Another person commenting on a team they've never seen play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another person commenting on a team they've never seen play. [/quote]

Have seen them play at G8. Playing in the 4th bracket. All very weak teams. Have also seen the YJ B team play, you know the one that is better than the "C" but not as good as the "A"? Daughters team has beaten them regularly by a good margin (like 5-8 goals on average) over the years. It would be a blood bath with those poor C girls. Just the facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were no weak teams at G8. Another person that never watched YJ C.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another person who doesn't know girl's lacrosse . and drinks the Koolaid. The 4th bracket at G8 was a collection of B & C teams. They are weak teams, sorry. This is the problem w you YJ bumper sticker crowd. You think because you play Capital Orange (and lose btw) or Skywalker White and win by a couple or M&D Red and win by 1, that you are playing "strong" teams because of the club name. Not the case. Sorry to burst your bubble. It's the same mentality that gets you cutting that YJ check, buying the jackets and t-shirts and traveling the Pike every weekend. It's for suckers. Queen Bee hustled you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another person who doesn't know girl's lacrosse . and drinks the Koolaid. The 4th bracket at G8 was a collection of B & C teams. They are weak teams, sorry. This is the problem w you YJ bumper sticker crowd. You think because you play Capital Orange (and lose btw) or Skywalker White and win by a couple or M&D Red and win by 1, that you are playing "strong" teams because of the club name. Not the case. Sorry to burst your bubble. It's the same mentality that gets you cutting that YJ check, buying the jackets and t-shirts and traveling the Pike every weekend. It's for suckers. Queen Bee hustled you.

Or you could drive all the way to New England and play zero competitive teams....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another person who doesn't know girl's lacrosse . and drinks the Koolaid. The 4th bracket at G8 was a collection of B & C teams. They are weak teams, sorry. This is the problem w you YJ bumper sticker crowd. You think because you play Capital Orange (and lose btw) or Skywalker White and win by a couple or M&D Red and win by 1, that you are playing "strong" teams because of the club name. Not the case. Sorry to burst your bubble. It's the same mentality that gets you cutting that YJ check, buying the jackets and t-shirts and traveling the Pike every weekend. It's for suckers. Queen Bee Your hustled you.

Your reading skills need work. You're making an argument that the team is one of the top teams in the land. Nobody putting this team as one of them. We get it, your daughter and her team is way better.

Like Reply Quote
Page 20 of 21 1 2 18 19 20 21
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard