BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,300
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 37 of 62 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 61 62
Re: Boys 2025- 4th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's probably better for the age group if kids are playing other sports such as hockey and soccer. Both will help with players speed agility and endurance. You hear college athletes say it all the time that's it's important to be a multi sport athlete when you are young. Kids don't get burnt out as quickly, they utilize and develop other muscle groups etc.

yes, i can see how the running in soccer is so much different than the running in lacrosse. your now listening to college athletes? but if they coach your kids you don't? if your kid is playing lacrosse all year, it the same as play lacrosse in spring/summer, soccer in fall, basketball in winter. they are going to build those muscles and increase their speed and agility.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The comment was in response to an earlier post about there not being any lax studs or game changers in this age group and that there must be a lot of soccer and hockey kids. That's not a bad thing that the lax kids in this age group play other sports.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Professional athletes say the same thing about the importance of kids playing different sports to work different muscles in their bodies. Yes both lax kids and soccer kids run but my son who plays both does a heck of a lot more running in soccer and he utilizes his leg muscles much more due to the fact that you use mainly your feet in soccer to control, move and kick the ball. Basketball you run a lot of quick bursts but you also use your arms and shoulder muscles for shooting the ball. Playing only one sport all year round does not work as many muscles in the body as doing several different sports...fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The comment was in response to an earlier post about there not being any lax studs or game changers in this age group and that there must be a lot of soccer and hockey kids. That's not a bad thing that the lax kids in this age group play other sports.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Professional athletes say the same thing about the importance of kids playing different sports to work different muscles in their bodies. Yes both lax kids and soccer kids run but my son who plays both does a heck of a lot more running in soccer and he utilizes his leg muscles much more due to the fact that you use mainly your feet in soccer to control, move and kick the ball. Basketball you run a lot of quick bursts but you also use your arms and shoulder muscles for shooting the ball. Playing only one sport all year round does not work as many muscles in the body as doing several different sports...fact.

Thanks for the lesson in kinesiology, Dr. Missedthepoint. I had no idea that a. Hold uses his feet so much in soccer or that they need to use their arms in basketball. The More You Know! (insert Star and Rainbow here). I'd love to see your exact published study that proves playing both soccer and lax year round is good for kids legs, though. Most kids I know that do/have done both have major knee problems by the time they hit high school. But that's neither here nor there. The original post meant that the athletes of the age group must be playing soccer and hockey INSTEAD of lacrosse, hence, a shallow pool of athletes in the 2025 lax class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody have any thoughts on the 9 d 1 ice team? Going to have my son tryout next year for blast but i am not sure if he will make it so i wanted to learn about the ice team.

I dont have any inside knowledge, but I'd be cautious joining a 2nd team of any organization. only so much attention to go around, so be cautious.
91 touts their training and coaching that all kids receive, so maybe it will work out well.

But, you may also see the team be blown up because kids may believe they should be on "A" teams and look elsewhere next year.

Thanks for the input

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody have any thoughts on the 9 d 1 ice team? Going to have my son tryout next year for blast but i am not sure if he will make it so i wanted to learn about the ice team.

Ice team is a joke.they barely have enough to put kids on the field. Total money grab.coaches are horrible too.i'm sorry i signed my kid up to play for them.talent level is C or D

It's a tough call. 2024 B team folded and now not enough interest in another one. 2023 B is one of the better teams in the age group (the A team is in another stratosphere), 2022 B team was beating the A team on occasion until they restructured after last season. At this point, being on a top team isn't too important, especially since the new recruiting rules won't allow coaches to contact kids till 11th grade. There used to be a rush to get on a top team so he can be seen in 7th grade and committed to a college by 8th or 9th. None of that matters anymore so you should find a team that is going to offer him good coaching, lots of playing time and a tournament/practice schedule that fits your needs.

Thanks for your input

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why doesn't blast enter blatant. Geese will be playing. Come on blast can't hide all year.

Blast dont hide. Geese had perfect chance to play in LI Lax Fest after one of their tourneys was cancelled for same weekend. Instead they book some no name tourney out of state. Geese turd parents want to play Blast more than kids do. Dont worry you guys will get shot at the belt. No one is Ducking or In your case Geesing anyone. We'll bring the Blastard hoes but also some cans of whoop [lacrosse] to Blatant. So be careful what you wish for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2025 knows how to keep it classy. Future is bright for this crew .
Nice to know the 2025 travel lax world is such a friendly environment at the top. Can't wait to tryout for these clubs - hope my son can make the team and then share the sidelines with great likeminded folk.
Special times.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why doesn't blast enter blatant. Geese will be playing. Come on blast can't hide all year.

Blast dont hide. Geese had perfect chance to play in LI Lax Fest after one of their tourneys was cancelled for same weekend. Instead they book some no name tourney out of state. Geese turd parents want to play Blast more than kids do. Dont worry you guys will get shot at the belt. No one is Ducking or In your case Geesing anyone. We'll bring the Blastard hoes but also some cans of whoop [lacrosse] to Blatant. So be careful what you wish for.

Be sure to bring the big faceoff kid, because you'll go 0-3 without him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2025 knows how to keep it classy. Future is bright for this crew .
Nice to know the 2025 travel lax world is such a friendly environment at the top. Can't wait to tryout for these clubs - hope my son can make the team and then share the sidelines with great likeminded folk.
Special times.

The obnoxious ones will quiet down when their boy gets replaced in a year or two.....The ones that don't deserve to be on the team are always the loudest!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your kids are in school right now, not even thinking about lacrosse. They are thinking about playing capture the flag at gym. You nut jobs are giving everyone a headache over blast and geese. Get a life already it's 4th graders playing lacrosse loser.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blast parents, please stop, just stop. Again, I'm begging you.

Shhhhhhhhh

Let the kids play speak for itself. All this is just noise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shhhhhhhhh

Why should we let people talk about our kids like this on a public board??? I, for one, think it's disgusting that grown people would write things like that just because of their jealousy! My son works very hard every day! Maybe is their son worked harder he could make an elite team! Until then, keep your comments to yourself!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shhhhhhhhh

Why should we let people talk about our kids like this on a public board??? I, for one, think it's disgusting that grown people would write things like that just because of their jealousy! My son works very hard every day! Maybe is their son worked harder he could make an elite team! Until then, keep your comments to yourself!

How is the post you quoted relevant to your comments?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shhhhhhhhh

How is the post you quoted relevant to your comments?

Apparently Blast stripper moms get very easily offended. Despite what you may have heard, most strippers are not just "working to pay their tuition" and are not too bright. But I guess all of that pole work has produce ELITE TEAM talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The original post was misunderstood apparently, thought you were saying that this age group players must be playing other sports like soccer and hockey which is why there are no lax studs....meaning they are not concentrating on just lax but playing lax & soccer or lax & hockey so that's why there are no "game changers". As for playing multiple sports if you happen to read anything other than BOTC you would find many many articles pinpointing the positives of kids playing multiple sports. Healthline news article dated August 29, 2016 titled "Children should play more than one sport, pediatricians recommend". The American Academy of Pediatrics issues a report that says children are getting injured as well as burned out from specializing in a single sport. But what does the AAP know or the Exec director of the National Council of Youth Sports???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The original post was misunderstood apparently, thought you were saying that this age group players must be playing other sports like soccer and hockey which is why there are no lax studs....meaning they are not concentrating on just lax but playing lax & soccer or lax & hockey so that's why there are no "game changers". As for playing multiple sports if you happen to read anything other than BOTC you would find many many articles pinpointing the positives of kids playing multiple sports. Healthline news article dated August 29, 2016 titled "Children should play more than one sport, pediatricians recommend". The American Academy of Pediatrics issues a report that says children are getting injured as well as burned out from specializing in a single sport. But what does the AAP know or the Exec director of the National Council of Youth Sports???

I cannot comment on the AAP or the NCYS articles as I has not read them so I do not know the parameters of the studies they did. I do know that overuse injuries in children usually involve the legs, more specifically the knees and hips. Those are high impact injuries suck as mice fracture and OCD lesions. Those are do to repetitive running, jumping etc. so if you play baseball as another sport, I see what your saying. Unfortunately baseball is the main sport that leads to overuse injuries of the arm and shoulder. Most of the studies done speak about UCL injuries and Rotator cuff injuries due to the repetitive throwing of a baseball and how unnatural that is. So, it may be better to play 1 sport with more off time out of season and fitness training than to play a different sport every season. Those studies will be published soon. Btw. It's called practicing medicine because it's a constant learning process and what was thought to be known 5 years ago is different than what is thought to be known today and will be different than what is thought to be known 5 yrs from now. Especially as newer technologies lead to more accurate diagnosis.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or you could convince all the parents on your team to quit playing pal and just drink your cool aid that they are the best group of laxers ever created.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I cannot comment on the AAP or the NCYS articles as I has not read them so I do not know the parameters of the studies they did. I do know that overuse injuries in children usually involve the legs, more specifically the knees and hips. Those are high impact injuries suck as mice fracture and OCD lesions. Those are do to repetitive running, jumping etc. so if you play baseball as another sport, I see what your saying. Unfortunately baseball is the main sport that leads to overuse injuries of the arm and shoulder. Most of the studies done speak about UCL injuries and Rotator cuff injuries due to the repetitive throwing of a baseball and how unnatural that is. So, it may be better to play 1 sport with more off time out of season and fitness training than to play a different sport every season. Those studies will be published soon. Btw. It's called practicing medicine because it's a constant learning process and what was thought to be known 5 years ago is different than what is thought to be known today and will be different than what is thought to be known 5 yrs from now. Especially as newer technologies lead to more accurate diagnosis.

thanks dr. Oz

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What would you do if your son plays on a town team that has a coach is so desperate to win he shortens the bench and still goes 1-2 and doesn't make the playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Saturday we will see who is who.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What would you do if your son plays on a town team that has a coach is so desperate to win he shortens the bench and still goes 1-2 and doesn't make the playoffs.

First off, I would have never left PAL !!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like another weekend that west islip loses again.
3 tournaments = 0 Championships
Great job TR

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can there be a special blast, 91, geese super awesome elite chatroom made up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please make one so the rest of the normal people can continue to discuss lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please make one so the rest of the normal people can continue to discuss lacrosse

They can call it Blasting in the Geese Mouth

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great job TR

The wheels are coming off the bus.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great job TR

Honestly, "so desperate to win" in 4th grade is a laughable. Yes, I he a 4th grade laxer and I have a high schooler. These games me nothing, just play them and if the kids are putting forth maximum effort, it's all good. Shortening a bench on 4th graders is wrong. No defending it in my.opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great job TR

Honestly, "so desperate to win" in 4th grade is a laughable. Yes, I he a 4th grade laxer and I have a high schooler. These games me nothing, just play them and if the kids are putting forth maximum effort, it's all good. Shortening a bench on 4th graders is wrong. No defending it in my.opinion.

If you don't intend to play to win, don't enter Tournaments! Just set up some play days, or play PAL and let that be it.

If you are in a Tournament and have a chance to win, and each kid plays some of every game and has gotten a little work leading up to crunch time, damn right, shorten the bench.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We "Blastards" are looking forward to putting all of this talk to rest on Saturday. The only thing that upsets me is that we don't play Express. I would have loved to shut them up too. Igloo is not even in the same league.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We "Blastards" are looking forward to putting all of this talk to rest on Saturday. The only thing that upsets me is that we don't play Express. I would have loved to shut them up too. Igloo is not even in the same league.

Dumba$$, 91 does play Express. First game, 8 AM.
Signed "a real Blast parent". Now shut up and let the kids play.
And please stop using "we" as if you do anything but watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to disagree, rolls the lines...watch their games bc there are plenty on the field who can't catch and throw...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dumba$$, 91 does play Express. First game, 8 AM.
Signed "a real Blast parent". Now shut up and let the kids play.
And please stop using "we" as if you do anything but watch.

Not even in the same league? Last time these team played, Blast only beat Express by 1 and Igloo by 2. Sounds like very evenly skilled teams. I would be very surprised if things didn't shake up a little this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Geese will be top team. You heard it hear first!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Geese will be top team. You heard it hear first!

Ok Mama Goose lay off the golden eggs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to all the kids on Saturday. It should be a great day with some good competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lol you parents are crazy calling a boys team a bunch of girls. jealousy kills makes you look like a real horses a$$.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lol you parents are crazy calling a boys team a bunch of girls. jealousy kills makes you look like a real horses a$$.

Crackhead Bob sounding off

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Blast is too full of themselves and predict
Geese
Express
Igloo/Blast tie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahahahaha 4th grade lacrosse, they want ice cream and a trip to nana and pawpaw's house after the game [lacrosse]holes. You guys are truly sick people who should have their kids taken away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I think Blast is too full of themselves and predict
Geese
Express
Igloo/Blast tie

Igpoo doesn't belong on any top list.