BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,175
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 78 of 327 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Whatever you may be sold with hs coaches being involved in your daughters game for travel , unless the school has a phenomenal record and is proven with titles under that coaches belt it absolutely means nothing ! Chances are that coach is a teacher who applied for extra cash in the envelope at her school , utilized her title for travel so she saves money to put her kid on a team and with all that has no experience in game , but certainly can mimic the job as a coach by textbook !
Don't be so gullible .

Yet Hofstra hires a head coach with absolutely zero track record as a coach, go back to your top gun site with all those proven coaches with great coaching track records lol.
Do any of your coaches over there actually have any coaching track record.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

C
CROCKOFSHAT
Unregistered
CROCKOFSHAT
Unregistered
C

YES

Typical YJ responses Cannot handle any critizism of the YJ infrastructure , before going all out finger pointing.
It is in every program , and yes even yours !
You wanna start bashing each other ? start with your OWN who made the post that theres no parent coaching in your program , no less HS coaches ..cmon give us a break with all your above and beyond everyone else.. You draw in TOP talent they will all play well together no matter what coach , when you have mixed talent such in a "c" team it is more important to have the best coach to see to it that those girls can take off and fly on their own and make progress for the following year for possible upgrade , it defeats the purpose of having a year in year out same group of moderate players with a moderate coach unless parents do not mind the basic play , its a complete waste of time and of course money !

Whatever you may be sold with hs coaches being involved in your daughters game for travel , unless the school has a phenomenal record and is proven with titles under that coaches belt it absolutely means nothing ! Chances are that coach is a teacher who applied for extra cash in the envelope at her school , utilized her title for travel so she saves money to put her kid on a team and with all that has no experience in game , but certainly can mimic the job as a coach by textbook !
Don't be so gullible .

Yet Hofstra hires a head coach with absolutely zero track record as a coach, go back to your top gun site with all those proven coaches with great coaching track records lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your probably the coach they are insinuating about !

Its ok happens to the best of us !

Don't be so gullible .

Lol...Laughing at this post. So stupid it doesn't deserve response...from anyone. Hahaha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CROCKOFSHAT

YES

Typical YJ responses Cannot handle any critizism of the YJ infrastructure , before going all out finger pointing.
You wanna start bashing each other ? start with your OWN who made the post that theres no parent coaching in your program , no less HS coaches ..cmon give us a break with all your above and beyond everyone else.. You draw in TOP talent they will all play well together no matter what coach , when you have mixed talent such in a "c" team it is more important to have the best coach to see to it that those girls can take off and fly on their own and make progress for the following year for possible upgrade , it defeats the purpose of having a year in year out same group of moderate players with a moderate coach unless parents do not mind the basic play , its a complete waste of time and of course money !

Don't be so gullible .

I see your yes response ,just curious who besides Steve Levy. Saw some of your TG coaches this past weekend and let's just say I thought the YJ's had some thugs in their organization but you guys got them beat with your coaches alone.My daughters team was waiting for their opponent who were involved in a game against one of your TG coaches, purple cobras,do not know who he is but even the refs were afraid of the guy ,seems to be promoting the type play we have accused YJ of for many years.That guy really needs to calm down at a non championship tournament to raise money for a good cause and he is acting like a maniac.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't be so gullible .

So what are the qualifications for coaching girl's club lacrosse? You've got all the answers.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes one of the coaches was a dad without coaching experience who helped lead that team to three undefeated seasons. I guess having a title isnt everything! The bottom line is that both coaches, whether dad/coaches/whatever, got the job done.

If its that same dad I'm thinking that coached this weekend at lax for hope he is your A typical dad...daughter and co. Played all others left crying

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CROCKOFSHAT

YES

Don't be so gullible .

I see your yes response ,just curious who besides Steve Levy. Saw some of your TG coaches this past weekend and let's just say I thought the YJ's had some thugs in their organization but you guys got them beat with your coaches alone.My daughters team was waiting for their opponent who were involved in a game against one of your TG coaches, purple cobras,do not know who he is but even the refs were afraid of the guy ,seems to be promoting the type play we have accused YJ of for many years.That guy really needs to calm down at a non championship tournament to raise money for a good cause and he is acting like a maniac.

He is not a top gun coach, just a parent who put a team together to play in tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The parent coach of Purple Cobras was way over the top. Total embarrassment to TG program and was even brutal to other Top Gun kids. As a YJ parent, I am happy I do not have to deal with such an idiot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regardless of where your Daughter plays Shannon Smith's appointment to Hofstra is nothing but good for Long Island Womans Lax.
Look where some of her teamates are landing, CU Boulder has just started a Womans NCAA D1 team. You would be crazy not to look towards Northwestern Grads to fill your coaching needs.
You guys and your YL / TG war of words is like watching Jersey Houswives.
I am sure there are plenty of YJ girls if given the opportunity would play at Hofstra and get a great Long Island Education.

( sorry to you Jersey Moms,,,,,,We have the LI Medium if that helps)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes one of the coaches was a dad without coaching experience who helped lead that team to three undefeated seasons. I guess having a title isnt everything! The bottom line is that both coaches, whether dad/coaches/whatever, got the job done.

If its that same dad I'm thinking that coached this weekend at lax for hope he is your A typical dad...daughter and co. Played all others left crying

Yep, that's the guy. Daughter has played almost every minute of every game since 3rd grade.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The parent coach of Purple Cobras was way over the top. Total embarrassment to TG program and was even brutal to other Top Gun kids. As a YJ parent, I am happy I do not have to deal with such an idiot.
Thankfully you have an endless supply of your own!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regardless of where your Daughter plays Shannon Smith's appointment to Hofstra is nothing but good for Long Island Womans Lax.
Look where some of her teamates are landing, CU Boulder has just started a Womans NCAA D1 team. You would be crazy not to look towards Northwestern Grads to fill your coaching needs.
I am sure there are plenty of YJ girls if given the opportunity would play at Hofstra and get a great Long Island Education.

First Hofstra commit was a YJ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While having a coach with a child on the team may come with some baggage I have seen many times where it turns out to be an advantage.Many times that coach is more motivated to have his or her daughter on a successful team and puts in the extra work.To think that any of these coaches even without kids on the team will be less biased is also naive ,many of these coaches have ulterior reasons such as making their school team stronger and are thus biased to the kids from their district. The main problem I have seen is many times these coaches have kids who maybe are not as skilled as the team they are placed on but with 24 or so kids per team 1 child will only have a minor impact ( does create issues with kids on lower level team who have parents who think they should be on the higher team).Also just curious which travel team out there is it that thinks their coaches are so great.

The cons far outweigh the pros when it comes to parent coaching at the travel level of any sport, please try and convince me otherwise

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how many YJ gold/green/red teams did they beat, that combined with the town teams they beat up at babylon beach blast probably account for half there wins!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While having a coach with a child on the team
may come with some baggage I have seen many times where it turns out to be an advantage.Many times that coach is more motivated to have his or her daughter on a successful team and puts in the extra work.To think that any of these coaches even without kids on the team will be less biased is also naive ,many of these coaches have ulterior reasons such as making their school team stronger and are thus biased to the kids from their district. The main problem I have seen is many times these coaches have kids who maybe are not as skilled as the team they are placed on but with 24 or so kids per team 1 child will only have a minor impact ( does create issues with kids on lower level team who have parents who think they should be on the higher team).Also just curious which travel team out there is it that thinks their coaches are so great.

The cons far outweigh the pros when it comes to parent coaching at the travel level of any sport, please try and convince me otherwise

So I guess when Bill Smith was taking teams with Shannon on it to play all over the place the cons outweighed the pros for that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great Long Island education is a serious stretch, not exactly a powerhouse of education. Add in the cost and Hofstra is a bad deal at best with barely getting a college experience.Seems they are going in the wrong direction athletically also with the closing of the football program .Going to be tough for Shannon to build a program when so many better options are out there.Stony Brook is clearly pushing to build strong D1 programs and if you take cost into account there is no comparison.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
google his name - retired??? I suppose that's one way of putting it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only ones that can answer that would be her fellow teammates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who are we talking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While having a coach with a child on the team
may come with some baggage I have seen many times where it turns out to be an advantage.Many times that coach is more motivated to have his or her daughter on a successful team and puts in the extra work.To think that any of these coaches even without kids on the team will be less biased is also naive ,many of these coaches have ulterior reasons such as making their school team stronger and are thus biased to the kids from their district. The main problem I have seen is many times these coaches have kids who maybe are not as skilled as the team they are placed on but with 24 or so kids per team 1 child will only have a minor impact ( does create issues with kids on lower level team who have parents who think they should be on the higher team).Also just curious which travel team out there is it that thinks their coaches are so great.

So I guess when Bill Smith was taking teams with Shannon on it to play all over the place the cons outweighed the pros for that.
for the 5,000 long island parents who think that there kid is the next SS, she's not! there might be a handful that can attain the success that she has had (and will continue to have) - most of the parent coaches are the guiltiest parties in this regard

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who are we talking about?

good question

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are talking about the parent coach as in SS father BS from TG

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since tryouts have begun, this thread is about to get busy. Anyone familiar with all the club tryout dates, is the YJ tryouts the last of the clubs? I think the YJ's benefit from this as they are able to fill the lower bracket teams more easily than the other clubs. Many players/parents reject spots on B or C teams elsewhere, looking to roll the dice with YJ's. That's great if it works out and you make blue or the better blue, if not your left with no other choice but to play for YJ on a lower teams, and there is nothing wrong with playing on whatever team for whatever club you make, the point here is this is a smart team filling move by YJ's as it's sort of last shot to get picked up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All one can ask is that the girls are rated fairly and put in the group in which they belong, prior team should'nt matter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All I can say is YJ 2016 tryouts had way over 100 kids and the talent pool was awesome!!
Very exciting for YJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since tryouts have begun, this thread is about to get busy. Anyone familiar with all the club tryout dates, is the YJ tryouts the last of the clubs? I think the YJ's benefit from this as they are able to fill the lower bracket teams more easily than the other clubs. Many players/parents reject spots on B or C teams elsewhere, looking to roll the dice with YJ's. That's great if it works out and you make blue or the better blue, if not your left with no other choice but to play for YJ on a lower teams, and there is nothing wrong with playing on whatever team for whatever club you make, the point here is this is a smart team filling move by YJ's as it's sort of last shot to get picked up.

Seriously though, YJ top blue is better than the top team on other clubs. The second blue is more like playing liberty black for example. The point is that even the top gold team of YJ is very very good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard the intent is for 4 2021 teeams and the expansion of 2019 and 2020. Also is it true they are going back to all blue? Midnight, Navy, Sky, Powder. The darker the blue the stronger the team. There are 17 blue colors in the crayola color wheel.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LMFAO

2017 third string team.. Head coach , parent of two on team ,oh and absolutely correct on above statements.
what rock did she crawl out from under? atleast get a talented leader who can teach the less skilled girls the game so they may have a chance to move up instead of being stuck in a rut and help out with a financial win for a parent coach .
Good luck but we passed this year with YJ politics !

Actually there are hardly any parent coaches at YJ
2014 level NONE
2015 level one who is with HS varsity coach
2016 level one
2017 level one who is a HS lax coach
2018 level none
2019 level none
2020 level none

So not sure what you mean by all these parents it does not exist
Most fall under the assistant coach umbrella - for example the 2020 Blue has an assistant coach whose kid is on the team, does that somehow not count?? and there are plenty of other instances of the same throughout the program, take a good look when rosters are posted in december

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will tryout results be posted for 2016's?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All one can ask is that the girls are rated fairly and put in the group in which they belong, prior team should'nt matter

Kinda hard to do when you start try outs with colored designated pinneys to mark players from the get go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kinda hard to do when you start try outs with colored designated pinneys to mark players from the get go.

Besides the red pinnie for kids new to YJ the color ( blue or yellow) did not signify anything until the end of the tryouts.Many of the kids had to switch from one color to the next depending on what they were doing at the time.Obviously when scrimmaging you want kids on same team to wear same color pinnie .In my opinion the team you are placed on should not solely be based on that 2 hour tryout.If you have skid who has played for you for 3 years I think you know more about their ability than a 2 hour tryout will tell you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Besides the red pinnie for kids new to YJ the color ( blue or yellow) did not signify anything until the end of the tryouts.Many of the kids had to switch from one color to the next depending on what they were doing at the time.Obviously when scrimmaging you want kids on same team to wear same color pinnie .In my opinion the team you are placed on should not solely be based on that 2 hour tryout.If you have skid who has played for you for 3 years I think you know more about their ability than a 2 hour tryout will tell you.

Lots of kids out there that show great at try-outs and completely disappear come game-time. Coaches aren't dumping a known player for someone that marginally outperforms said kid in a try-out. Hard to argue against a system that has produced results year-in/year-out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, but you also have talented kids on teams below looking for a shot on an upper team. After i read my post i realized that what you just said is true, also you have new kids coming in who may be better than kids kids who played last year, and rightfully so should displace those less talented kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True, but after three years you also know who is just barely hanging on to the last few roster spots. All i'm saying is give the top girls of the lesser team a chance to prove what they have earned. thanks for listening

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the intent is for 4 2021 teeams and the expansion of 2019 and 2020. Also is it true they are going back to all blue? Midnight, Navy, Sky, Powder. The darker the blue the stronger the team. There are 17 blue colors in the crayola color wheel. [/quote]

With over 100 kids trying out it shouldn't be a problem to fill

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All I can say is YJ 2016 tryouts had way over 100 kids and the talent pool was awesome!!
Very exciting for YJ

Make five teams!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously though, YJ top blue is better than the top team on other clubs. The second blue is more like playing liberty black for example. The point is that even the top gold team of YJ is very very good.

Somehow I think that Liberty parents and players would disagree! There's YJ "real Blue" and then there's the rest, which doesn't really matter, if you're new to the club you will figure out the pecking order very easily

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard the intent is for 4 2021 teeams and the expansion of 2019 and 2020. Also is it true they are going back to all blue? Midnight, Navy, Sky, Powder. The darker the blue the stronger the team. There are 17 blue colors in the crayola color wheel.
No question, the talent pool at those age groups is so deep they can easily fill four rosters each! Probably two blue and two gold for each age group, if not three blue teams! Good luck girls!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone makes a team! Haven't you figured it out yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Somehow I think that Liberty parents and players would disagree! There's YJ "real Blue" and then there's the rest, which doesn't really matter, if you're new to the club you will figure out the pecking order very easily

That is basically what I said. Top blue is the best. Liberty fields a good team but not quite as good.

Like Reply Quote
Page 78 of 327 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard