BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,504
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 37 of 75 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 74 75
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Florida teams always come up short against teams with well rounded athletes like Carolina... Mandy likes the single sport lax rats- i.e. low character yellow jackets. Only know one thing, I'm going to the cage bc Dad told me to. The most overated lacrosse community on the planet.. strong island- pfft!!

Long Island is the most overrated lax community? 6 Pre season First team All Americans and 18 overall! I'd say Strong Island is doing just fine!

Lacrosse Magazine's cover story of Stony Brook, in particular two players, did not help the character of the Long Island player. The "it's a Long Island thing" and Long Island attitude" does not help, especially coming from such a publication. Players and parents from around the country read this and the stigma is then placed. It was a bad article for Long Island lacrosse.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
Florida teams always come up short against teams with well rounded athletes like Carolina... Mandy likes the single sport lax rats- i.e. low character yellow jackets. Only know one thing, I'm going to the cage bc Dad told me to. The most overated lacrosse community on the planet.. strong island- pfft!!

Long Island is the most overrated lax community? 6 Pre season First team All Americans and 18 overall! I'd say Strong Island is doing just fine!

Lacrosse Magazine's cover story of Stony Brook, in particular two players, did not help the character of the Long Island player. The "it's a Long Island thing" and Long Island attitude" does not help, especially coming from such a publication. Players and parents from around the country read this and the stigma is then placed. It was a bad article for Long Island lacrosse.

What a load of whimpy bull. You sound like all the politically correct BS artists we have to hear every day. I for one am not gonna apologize for our own LI university team that just a few years ago was a non factor and is now a top 10 team. I am a SBU grad and look forward to seeing the girls compete and bringing my daughter to games. Whats wrong with the LI attitude??? and if its so bad what should our attitude be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean playing with purpose and attitude aren't things that coaches look for and spectators appreciate?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The biggest and strongest LI girls club has always had a [lacrosse] attitude that has been embraced by their parents and their me first attitude. Unfortunetly that attitude has leaked into the girls. Too much attitude, too chippy, too much rule bending after whistles, too many people telling them to get theirs. But the club and their parents don't care! They get recruited first to the biggest programs. Doesn't make them good people, but you cant argue with the lax results. And it appears that's all this gang wants

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happens to NU after they lose to three S'es in a row?

SC, SU (at Hofstra for a little recruiting trip) and SB are a tough road run after two close wins and getting beat by Colorado. I had to look three times on the Buffs score because I was really sure it was a misprint.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SC, SU (at Hofstra for a little recruiting trip) and SB are a tough road run after two close wins and getting beat by Colorado. I had to look three times on the Buffs score because I was really sure it was a misprint.

Explain "SU (at Hofstra for a little recruiting trip)" please.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syracuse plays Northwestern at Hofstra (neutral site) both teams recruit on long island so it is a good opportunity for young / HS players to go watch the teams play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The biggest and strongest LI girls club has always had a [lacrosse] attitude that has been embraced by their parents and their me first attitude. Unfortunetly that attitude has leaked into the girls. Too much attitude, too chippy, too much rule bending after whistles, too many people telling them to get theirs. But the club and their parents don't care! They get recruited first to the biggest programs. Doesn't make them good people, but you cant argue with the lax results. And it appears that's all this gang wants

yeah. bad sportsmanship to put it in simple terms. and loud obnoxious parents. the fact that its all you know doesn't mean people won't be disgusted by it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like the "The Long Island Thing," the "Stony Brook attitude" is their brand and it is working. I for one embrace the whole New [lacrosse] / Long Island thing. I am not offended by the blue collar, working class, junk yard dog identity that Stony Brook is working. In fact, I would sign on right now for my girls to play at SBU. I think their attitude fits my daughters attitude, but that just might be the south shore Long Island in us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syracuse plays Northwestern at Hofstra (neutral site) both teams recruit on long island so it is a good opportunity for young / HS players to go watch the teams play.

And for coaches to invite recruits and show them how you play....and hopefully play well/win. You don't want to get blown out in front of the talent pool.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And for coaches to invite recruits and show them how you play....and hopefully play well/win. You don't want to get blown out in front of the talent pool.

Why would Hofstra allow NW and Cuse play at their campus in their backyard for recruits. Hofstra might not be in the same game as far as recruits with either school but why make it easier for them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
because they get PAID

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"A great player but not sure about late developing. She had over 400 goals in HS and was 2x all-American. I agree with the benefits of multiple sports, UNC actually demands it of their recruits. Basketball and soccer are priorities, particularly basketball."

Demands it of their recruits is a ridiculous stsatement

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
has anyone been invited yet by syracuse or nu to watch that game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes my daughter has

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you really think you will get a truthful answer to that question? Both Gait and Amonte are sending town cars to my house so my daughter and her friends can go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what's the over under on the attendance number?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the entire YJ team too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you really think you will get a truthful answer to that question? Both Gait and Amonte are sending town cars to my house so my daughter and her friends can go.

Sorry you're only getting town cars, they are sending helicopters to pick up my daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that would be a great number, [lacrosse] its a great number if they to 1,000

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Town cars? We got Air Force 1!! Chump

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lot of LI kids on both teams, figure a bunch of family and friends, Plus a lot of other people just coming out to watch a real good game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The weather will be a factor as well. Early March after sunset is going to be very cold no matter how you slice it. Add in some precip and the numbers will drop even further.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahahahah my daughter was a stupid question

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SB running STATS on big gun as usual. Same old mentality...then cry they aren't they don't get Tewaaraton..lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
brutal loss to Va Tech, looks like BC will have trouble staying in the top 20 - same as last year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
brutal loss to Va Tech, looks like BC will have trouble staying in the top 20 - same as last year

New coach at Va Tech, awesome facilities and a beautiful campus, they might start making some noise over the next few years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Stony Brook coaches are a joke . It's gross to have your so called super stars running it up against weak competition especially when they could barel score against a descent Townson team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Town cars? We got Air Force 1!! Chump

By his own admission, Donald is quite possibly the greatest pilot ever! He knows more about flying than Chuck Yeager. He actually flies AF1. Not many people know that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Stony Brook coaches are a joke . It's gross to have your so called super stars running it up against weak competition especially when they could barel score against a descent Townson team

An extension of LI Lax at its best. HS girls stat pad against girls who cant even hold a stick and SB is no better. You would hope year end awards would see through this but often they don't

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And you can barely spell

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't just SB saw NE do it as well as USC in their first game. Heck I even saw ND score w two seconds left up by 15

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Umass 0-2 playing tough Jacksonville team today should be a good game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't just SB saw NE do it as well as USC in their first game. Heck I even saw ND score w two seconds left up by 15

CUSE is subbing in first half. stars are missing half the game during rotations. complete team performance. These other schools are a joke. Embarrassing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syracuse isn't much better Embarrassing is playing TWO games in one day against poor teams. So technically they are playing more than a full game. It's the same crap just manipulating the system. They play more games than everyone else NCAA will pass a rule about this soon. Don't cast stones

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

An extension of LI Lax at its best. HS girls stat pad against girls who cant even hold a stick and SB is no better. You would hope year end awards would see through this but often they don't

And NEWSDAY plays right into it just like they do for the stat padders in HS. 2nd most points in a game in team history. Give me a break!! Coach and team a joke for doing it. Spread it around. Use the bench. Pass the ball!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about cuse being up more than ten and their player scoring with 1 second left in the game. Yeahhhhh that's classy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some crazy early season scores. There is some parity making its way into women's lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Umass beats Jacksonville by one. And JMU beats Uconn by one

Page 37 of 75 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 74 75

Link Copied to Clipboard