BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 21 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Re: Girls 2019 - 10th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So sorry for your daughter. How far along was she on the process?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anybody know of any d1 schools late in the recruiting process still recruiting '19s? My daughter's top school just pulled out and she is looking to reopen her process. She wants a competitive school with strong academics and decent lax.

That stinks! Sorry for your daughter! frown

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does it have to be D1? Is that what she wants or is that what you want for her? Ask her where she wants to go to school and go visit. Chase the schools and hopefully the lax will work out. I see and hear too many parents and kids hung up on D1. There is no NFL, NBA or MLB after their college lax. The division should not be a big factor in choosing what college your kid will get her education from. All the best.

Calm down the kid wants to play D1 , so what . She wants strong academics so that eliminates D2 .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please tell me you had a list larger than 1 school? Like maybe at least 5 top,choices. Skeptical of your question ... a couple of backups .... uh...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody know of any d1 schools late in the recruiting process still recruiting '19s? My daughter's top school just pulled out and she is looking to reopen her process. She wants a competitive school with strong academics and decent lax.

Sorry to hear about your daughter. What exactly do you mean by "just pulled out", was she already committed as a frosh and there was a coaching change and the new coach decommitted her like recently happened to quite a few 2018's committed to a certain Virginia school.
Or were they chasing her hard and had an offer out and then they pulled it back before you decided? Or were you waiting for a promised offer and it never came?
And yes - there are still quite a lot of D1 programs with very solid academics still putting together their 2019's classes. Quite a few of the Ivy's have a ways to go. Last I heard Colgate is not done - Lafayette does not like recruiting early. Against popular belief, just because your daughter is soph - life is not over if she has not committed yet.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry for the troubles. its a very tough process and offers the student athlete very little transparency. all the cards held by the coach/ program most of the time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dead time for recruiting announcements.. are these 2019's about out of time to get good college slots?? what if they light it up for their HS teams the next 60 days? could that leverage an uncommitted player into a great school / program???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dead time for recruiting announcements.. are these 2019's about out of time to get good college slots?? what if they light it up for their HS teams the next 60 days? could that leverage an uncommitted player into a great school / program???

Quiet, but not dead - YJ announced a 2019 SBU commit yesterday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just got a look at the Genesis schedule - looks like a nice pool with M&D black and MD United. Too bad we don't have Sky walkers and Heros in that same pool. Did anyone see which pool the ME's ended up in?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Md United is a has-been club. Should never be mentioned in the same sentence with M&D, SkyWalkers, Heros or Integrity.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It seems quiet. I think the coaches are busy with their teams now and it will ramp up in June

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It seems quiet. I think the coaches are busy with their teams now and it will ramp up in June

I have a feeling that there will be at least 75 teams that will be ramping it up sometime in May.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes, let's see what happens after the vote , it's next week correct?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why doesn't LI Liberty have it's own forum?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll beat the moderators to it - become a registered user and you can start any forum you want.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll beat the moderators to it - become a registered user and you can start any forum you want.

They still around?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any opinions regarding this new NCAA legislation on recruiting? Predictions on how it will change the summer circuit? Will the late uncommitted 19s still get looked at thisthis summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any uncommitted 19's left apart from my daughter?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJB has uncommitted girls, but doubtful they would have committed anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daughter plays for manhassett the2019 from st Anthony's was extremely impressive plays for top guns I was told

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daughter plays for manhassett the2019 from st Anthony's was extremely impressive plays for top guns I was told

Lol ok Pete

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha.... don't know how to spell your own town?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha.... don't know how to spell your own town?

That means he's legit, from there and not posing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone got first hand info on this US WNT school girls tournament? my 2019 (uncommitted) made the team, and she was told by her HS coach it is a big recruiting event, but curious to hear something more specific that that if possible.. thanks for any info.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT - RE LI Metro School Girls Tryouts:

I tried to warn a friend of mine that this tryout is a waste of time and money. Not even worth it even if it were free. My daughter went years ago and didn't make it to the afternoon session. My daughter was a 9th grade D1 committed player, plays for top club/team, and has been a varsity player since the 7th grade, and one of the leading scorers.

Meanwhile, you'll have girls that don't even start on their varsity team making this team. Sure maybe, they got a few wrong, but how can they be this wrong? They even had D1 commits that made alternates, but they said thanks, but no thanks.

Maybe, it is a legit tryout, but they clearly don't have qualified coaches doing the evaluations. I was told some or all are high school coaches.

They pour it on a little thick with requiring that kids come dressed in unmarked pinnies, shorts, and no head bands---as if this was going to be a completely objective tryout with no outside influence from the top clubs.

Their email reads like a scam.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Um, our high school coach was one of the evaluators. she never played lacrosse in college at all and is not qualified to judge. I think they were all high school coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you search this site, you will see complaints about School Girls going back years. It's a nightmare of politics. The year my daughter went, another player hurt her ankle and an evaluator was overheard telling her, "Don't worry, you know made it." This was during the morning session! It's largely about who you know and I don't see that changing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are hearing from everyone whose daughter didn't make a team. If your daughter made a team ,take her. Especially if she is uncommitted. Really a great tournament for your daughter to be seen. An abundance of college coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you search this site, you will see complaints about School Girls going back years. It's a nightmare of politics. The year my daughter went, another player hurt her ankle and an evaluator was overheard telling her, "Don't worry, you know made it." This was during the morning session! It's largely about who you know and I don't see that changing.

Okay so the politics and antics at the tryouts aside, now that I have plunked down the money and blown up my Memorial Day weekend will there at least be college coaches on the sidelines??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tons of coaches and if your daughter is not committed she will be in the minority, which is a good thing. Fun weekend enjoy it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the change in college recruiting rules things may be different but in the past if you are from Long Island and made team 1 there will barely be any college coaches watching , about the same for team 2, team 3 a lot more . As far as politics go they are there every year at every tryout my daughter has attended . This year on Long Island it seemed particularly bad and will be interesting to see the rosters . You can usually see which kids got the special attention , if you see multiple kids from the same town on the top team and that town team is not a top level high school team you can rest assured the fix was in .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious as to why a committed player would bother with a recruiting event?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the change in college recruiting rules things may be different but in the past if you are from Long Island and made team 1 there will barely be any college coaches watching , about the same for team 2, team 3 a lot more . As far as politics go they are there every year at every tryout my daughter has attended . This year on Long Island it seemed particularly bad and will be interesting to see the rosters . You can usually see which kids got the special attention , if you see multiple kids from the same town on the top team and that town team is not a top level high school team you can rest assured the fix was in .

How is Westhampton ? They have four kids on Team 1 . Was the coach an evaluator?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True.

does any one have a link to the rosters?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone post the rosters?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not really a recruiting event although there will be a ton of coaches there. When my daughter played every player from LI was commited. GREAT weekend very enjoyable

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bragging rights.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]With the change in college recruiting rules things may be different but in the past if you are from Long Island and made team 1 there will barely be any college coaches watching , about the same for team 2, team 3 a lot more . As far as politics go they are there every year at every tryout my daughter has attended . This year on Long Island it seemed particularly bad and will be interesting to see the rosters . You can usually see which kids got the special attention , if you see multiple kids from the same town on the top team and that town team is not a top level high school team you can rest assured the fix was in .

How is Westhampton ? They have four kids on Team 1 . Was the coach an evaluator?[/quote

Westhampton is okay at best ,would say average .Very doubtful they have 4 on the top team and I do not believe rosters have been posted anywhere so how would anyone know that. If they have more than 1 that would be too many. I was not at the tryouts and saw the WH coach and a teacher from the district who coaches elsewhere were evaluators.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not really a recruiting event although there will be a ton of coaches there. When my daughter played every player from LI was commited. GREAT weekend very enjoyable

Yeah my daughter said only 5 of the 21 are uncommitted, herself included. So your saying it's not like say Presidents Cup where coaches are all under the tent, off on their own, with the tablet type deal? More just networking on the final four weekend or looking for a job like the Michigan / Villanova coaches??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bragging rights.

Bragging about what that they played in a recruiting event. My daughter is a senior and has continued to play summer travel after committing for various reasons, she likes playing, she likes the kids on her team, she feels playing helps keep her sharp.

Page 17 of 21 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard