BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 51 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 50 51
Re: Boys 2020- 9th Grade Fall 2016/Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Wrong

Holdback parents always want people to forget their kid has been cheating the system. If your holdback plays on a "varsity" division travel team, I agree holdback status does not matter. But if you want to play as a 2020, the cheating still matters. Still getting an advantage.

Varsity travel team, are you even talking about lacrosse? Enough with the f'ing hold back BS argument, and this is coming from a parent of a kid that played up a year through middle school for my own convenience. Seriously shut the f up. These kids are going to be running their own lives soon. Stop f'ing whining in front of them.

Sorry the argument is inconvenient for you. A 14 yr old is not running his life any time soon. Perhaps your 16 yr old freshman is ready to leave the house to get away from you. [/quote]

Whining adults cause whining kids, just what the world needs more of..

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong

Holdback parents always want people to forget their kid has been cheating the system. If your holdback plays on a "varsity" division travel team, I agree holdback status does not matter. But if you want to play as a 2020, the cheating still matters. Still getting an advantage.

Varsity travel team, are you even talking about lacrosse? Enough with the f'ing hold back BS argument, and this is coming from a parent of a kid that played up a year through middle school for my own convenience. Seriously shut the f up. These kids are going to be running their own lives soon. Stop f'ing whining in front of them.

Sorry the argument is inconvenient for you. A 14 yr old is not running his life any time soon. Perhaps your 16 yr old freshman is ready to leave the house to get away from you.

Whining adults cause whining kids, just what the world needs more of.. [/quote] Just like we need more hold back cheaters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong

Sorry the argument is inconvenient for you. A 14 yr old is not running his life any time soon. Perhaps your 16 yr old freshman is ready to leave the house to get away from you.

Whining adults cause whining kids, just what the world needs more of..[/quote]

Correct. The holdback parents should stop whining. The posts above attempting to silence the argument is little more than the typist putting their fingers in their ears, stomping their feet, and saying "na na na na I can't hear you." Silencing the opposition is what passes for discourse these days. The practice of holding kids back has hurt the game. Is there really any dispute with that? If you have a holdback in high school now, you will not hear much complaining during school ball, but people know who has gamed the system. They will always be looked at with a jaded eye.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong

Correct. The holdback parents should stop whining. The posts above attempting to silence the argument is little more than the typist putting their fingers in their ears, stomping their feet, and saying "na na na na I can't hear you." Silencing the opposition is what passes for discourse these days. The practice of holding kids back has hurt the game. Is there really any dispute with that? If you have a holdback in high school now, you will not hear much complaining during school ball, but people know who has gamed the system. They will always be looked at with a jaded eye. [/quote]

Here's the problem, though. One thing to not like the rules, but another thing entirely to pretend that the parent of a kid that does pre-first at the age of 6 is gaming anything. Also not fair to assume that a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.. grader is going to step up to the registration table and sign up for +1 grade above his own because one day, down the road, like in 6th/7th/8th grade when the competition starts getting more fierce, some whining parents are going to start screaming holdback, holdback, blah blah blah. In a grade based system, folks need to understand there are different school curriculums that need to meld together at some point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love all the holdback parents coming on here and somehow because 2020 is now a 'high school' year, then everything is all right and even again. (Despite not one 2020 has played a game in HS yet). If your 16 year old freshman is playing varsity this year, then more power to him and that can be respected, but during the upcoming summer season, if he's on a 2020 team, he will be at times playing against younger competition. And for your ego I hope he dominates.
But if you think as parents we are sometimes nasty about the subject, then you should hear our kids talk about local kids who have all of a sudden repeated for 'lacrosse reasons'.
I also understand that if your son goes to a Prep school then its almost a prerequisite that he repeats, but this is where lacrosse, and it's antiquated grade based system of summer tournaments, etc. has allowed many to game the system. Lacrosse is the only sport that comes to mind where the stigma of playing down during the travel season is somehow defended.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a 2021 who plays on decent B club, and is not even on the top middie line. He filled in on a 2022 A team last year and looked like Paul Rabil - I was under no illusion of his abilities and, in fact, I was embarrassed that I let him fill in. That is what holdbacks are doing the sport and, and even worse their parents are encouraging and defending the practice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong

Correct. The holdback parents should stop whining. The posts above attempting to silence the argument is little more than the typist putting their fingers in their ears, stomping their feet, and saying "na na na na I can't hear you." Silencing the opposition is what passes for discourse these days. The practice of holding kids back has hurt the game. Is there really any dispute with that? If you have a holdback in high school now, you will not hear much complaining during school ball, but people know who has gamed the system. They will always be looked at with a jaded eye.

Here's the problem, though. One thing to not like the rules, but another thing entirely to pretend that the parent of a kid that does pre-first at the age of 6 is gaming anything. Also not fair to assume that a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.. grader is going to step up to the registration table and sign up for +1 grade above his own because one day, down the road, like in 6th/7th/8th grade when the competition starts getting more fierce, some whining parents are going to start screaming holdback, holdback, blah blah blah. In a grade based system, folks need to understand there are different school curriculums that need to meld together at some point. [/quote] I think for the most part people have no issue with the pre-first and early year grade school decisions parents have made, but when it's done in the 8th/9th grade and done for purely lacrosse reasons, and in this current grade based system, then I think I can point out the absurdity of it. A local 2019 kid, who was on the 8th grade honor roll and only plays lacrosse, a strong, but short and slow kid where the game is slowly passing him by, repeats 8th grade (at a private school, only to come back to the public school) and now takes the spot of someone on the 2020 travel team. I'm sorry, there is something inherently wrong with that and I'm not sure that decision is made if lacrosse was on an age based system. (My son is on the original 2019 team so was not affected, but I can't help but roll my eyes.)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's the problem, though. One thing to not like the rules, but another thing entirely to pretend that the parent of a kid that does pre-first at the age of 6 is gaming anything. Also not fair to assume that a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.. grader is going to step up to the registration table and sign up for +1 grade above his own because one day, down the road, like in 6th/7th/8th grade when the competition starts getting more fierce, some whining parents are going to start screaming holdback, holdback, blah blah blah. In a grade based system, folks need to understand there are different school curriculums that need to meld together at some point. [/quote] I think for the most part people have no issue with the pre-first and early year grade school decisions parents have made, but when it's done in the 8th/9th grade and done for purely lacrosse reasons, and in this current grade based system, then I think I can point out the absurdity of it. A local 2019 kid, who was on the 8th grade honor roll and only plays lacrosse, a strong, but short and slow kid where the game is slowly passing him by, repeats 8th grade (at a private school, only to come back to the public school) and now takes the spot of someone on the 2020 travel team. I'm sorry, there is something inherently wrong with that and I'm not sure that decision is made if lacrosse was on an age based system. (My son is on the original 2019 team so was not affected, but I can't help but roll my eyes.) [/quote]

Any reasonable person would agree with you on that example.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wait till you see how many hold backs come out of the wood work when they pass the ne wrecruiting rules in April. Coaches cant talk to the kids till September of JR year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Imagine the good things you guys could do for this world instead of obsessing over the ages of boys.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's the problem, though. One thing to not like the rules, but another thing entirely to pretend that the parent of a kid that does pre-first at the age of 6 is gaming anything. Also not fair to assume that a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.. grader is going to step up to the registration table and sign up for +1 grade above his own because one day, down the road, like in 6th/7th/8th grade when the competition starts getting more fierce, some whining parents are going to start screaming holdback, holdback, blah blah blah. In a grade based system, folks need to understand there are different school curriculums that need to meld together at some point.
I think for the most part people have no issue with the pre-first and early year grade school decisions parents have made, but when it's done in the 8th/9th grade and done for purely lacrosse reasons, and in this current grade based system, then I think I can point out the absurdity of it. A local 2019 kid, who was on the 8th grade honor roll and only plays lacrosse, a strong, but short and slow kid where the game is slowly passing him by, repeats 8th grade (at a private school, only to come back to the public school) and now takes the spot of someone on the 2020 travel team. I'm sorry, there is something inherently wrong with that and I'm not sure that decision is made if lacrosse was on an age based system. (My son is on the original 2019 team so was not affected, but I can't help but roll my eyes.) [/quote]

Any reasonable person would agree with you on that example. [/quote]

Age based eliminates this argument forever. Just like every other legitimate sport...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But I keep reading on BOTC that High Sxhool teams can beat D3 teams. Kind of kills the argument about hold backs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Imagine the good things you guys could do for this world instead of obsessing over the ages of boys.

Or just obsessing over boys...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a 2021 who plays on decent B club, and is not even on the top middie line. He filled in on a 2022 A team last year and looked like Paul Rabil - I was under no illusion of his abilities and, in fact, I was embarrassed that I let him fill in. That is what holdbacks are doing the sport and, and even worse their parents are encouraging and defending the practice.

True dat

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True dat

If you are against holdbacks why did you let him play? You take a stand against something and then you do it? Hmmmm, you're lying!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True dat

If you are against holdbacks why did you let him play? You take a stand against something and then you do it? Hmmmm, you're lying!!

I let him play because the team was having a hard time getting enough players to play that day, and considering his talent, I didn't think he would be THAT much better, if at all, than the younger A players. To be clear, I am against the premise of holdbacks playing regularly for nominally younger teams. My son is not a holdback, and it was one game, and I didn't let him do it again, even though he was asked to a couple more times. Not even close to the same thing as having your son play day-in-day-out with younger kids. See the difference?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True dat

I let him play because the team was having a hard time getting enough players to play that day, and considering his talent, I didn't think he would be THAT much better, if at all, than the younger A players. To be clear, I am against the premise of holdbacks playing regularly for nominally younger teams. My son is not a holdback, and it was one game, and I didn't let him do it again, even though he was asked to a couple more times. Not even close to the same thing as having your son play day-in-day-out with younger kids. See the difference?

No, take a stand, don't let him play down at all. You now let other parents see the advantage of holdback because your son dominated the game. See the point!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True dat

No, take a stand, don't let him play down at all. You now let other parents see the advantage of holdback because your son dominated the game. See the point!!

Did you miss where I said I wouldn't let him do it again??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bunch of snowflakes on this site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bunch of snowflakes on this site.

The real snowflakes can't deal with reality and has to have their "superstar" kid play against other kids 12-24 months younger in order to compete. Now go back to work before your millennial boss catches you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your son FILLED in so the team could get a win. If they didn't have the players they should have forfeited! I personally don't care about holdbacks. When my son was in 7th grade he played in a HS tournament. He held his own. Certainly didn't dominate, but didn't get beat up either. I would never allow him to FILL in against younger kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The hold back thing drove me crazy when my son was younger. The amoral parents don't care and sadly, neither do the coaches. It is here to stay. Try to control what you can control and don't let that issue diminish the joy you are experiencing with your children. If you want to worry about something, worry about arriving at the Notre Dame prospect day and seeing a ton of unbelievably good players from teams and places you have never heard of in the central and western US and Canada. The sport is growing so fast that I think opportunities to play D1, let alone D3 will be very, very scarce in another 5-10 years. Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Work? I'm washing the IROC in the carport today. Snowflake.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is all of this snowflake talk? Is this some type of racist slander like cracker or honky?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is all of this snowflake talk? Is this some type of racist slander like cracker or honky?

If pathetic liberal butthurt losers were a race, then yes, it is racist slander.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ADVNC SF
Alcatraz Outlaws
Annapolis Hawks
C2C Lacrosse
Carolina Cannons
Cincy Royals 2020 Elite
Crabs
Eclipse
EDGE
FCA
Juiced Cherries
Laxachusetts
Leading Edge
LI Bluefish
LI Express
LI Express North
Looney's
Madlax
MD Roughriders
Next Level
NH Tomahawks
PA Roughriders
Patriot 2020
Philadelphia Freedom
Resolute
SoCal Express
Team 91
Team Igloo
Team Minnesota
Team ONE
UC Mavericks
VLC
That's the sold out field for Crabfeast. This event should put the rest some of the discussions over the pecking order in this group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ADVNC SF
Alcatraz Outlaws
Annapolis Hawks
C2C Lacrosse
Carolina Cannons
Cincy Royals 2020 Elite
Crabs
Eclipse
EDGE
FCA
Juiced Cherries
Laxachusetts
Leading Edge
LI Bluefish
LI Express
LI Express North
Looney's
Madlax
MD Roughriders
Next Level
NH Tomahawks
PA Roughriders
Patriot 2020
Philadelphia Freedom
Resolute
SoCal Express
Team 91
Team Igloo
Team Minnesota
Team ONE
UC Mavericks
VLC
That's the sold out field for Crabfeast. This event should put the rest some of the discussions over the pecking order in this group.

you know if Team 91 is Crush or 91 MD?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your son FILLED in so the team could get a win. If they didn't have the players they should have forfeited! I personally don't care about holdbacks. When my son was in 7th grade he played in a HS tournament. He held his own. Certainly didn't dominate, but didn't get beat up either. I would never allow him to FILL in against younger kids.

They didn't win, so, in the end, it was moot!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which 91 team matters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ADVNC SF
Alcatraz Outlaws
Annapolis Hawks
C2C Lacrosse
Carolina Cannons
Cincy Royals 2020 Elite
Crabs
Eclipse
EDGE
FCA
Juiced Cherries
Laxachusetts
Leading Edge
LI Bluefish
LI Express
LI Express North
Looney's
Madlax
MD Roughriders
Next Level
NH Tomahawks
PA Roughriders
Patriot 2020
Philadelphia Freedom
Resolute
SoCal Express
Team 91
Team Igloo
Team Minnesota
Team ONE
UC Mavericks
VLC

That sunday is start of 20s showtime. we're doing showtime. curious how this overlap is going to affect both.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If pathetic liberal butthurt losers were a race, then yes, it is racist slander.

So.....it's a political thing then?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Work? I'm washing the IROC in the carport today. Snowflake.

Listen, I apologize. No way you are a snowflake if you have an IROC and carport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The loopy lefties gave us this gem after the election defeat, now used for anyone that you consider weak, whiny, sore loser, can't get over anything you don't agree with, etc..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The loopy lefties gave us this gem after the election defeat, now used for anyone that you consider weak, whiny, sore loser, can't get over anything you don't agree with, etc..

Got it, thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If a team really can't fill out their roster I would much rather them bring other kids in even if the were a little older than have them forfeit. The point of youth athletics is to compete and get better not to "win" by forfeit. Usually teams that are short aren't very good anyway. It sounds like in this situation everyone benefited from the boy playing down by having a more competitive game rather than a blowout or a forfeit. I realize that some teams abuse any discretion by bringing in a bunch of older kids, blowing everyone out and then talking about how great they are but it doesn't sound like that is what happened here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If a team really can't fill out their roster I would much rather them bring other kids in even if the were a little older than have them forfeit. The point of youth athletics is to compete and get better not to "win" by forfeit. Usually teams that are short aren't very good anyway. It sounds like in this situation everyone benefited from the boy playing down by having a more competitive game rather than a blowout or a forfeit. I realize that some teams abuse any discretion by bringing in a bunch of older kids, blowing everyone out and then talking about how great they are but it doesn't sound like that is what happened here.

Cant disagree with your Logic. Its when it is abuse like anythign else it becomes the cancer. Play your skill level or slightly above and you get better. again keeping it competitive where anyone could win

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cant disagree with your Logic. Its when it is abuse like anythign else it becomes the cancer. Play your skill level or slightly above and you get better. again keeping it competitive where anyone could win

The part you miss is all the other parents seeing the "older" kid dominate. What do you think these people take away from this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ADVNC SF
Alcatraz Outlaws
Annapolis Hawks
C2C Lacrosse
Carolina Cannons
Cincy Royals 2020 Elite
Crabs
Eclipse
EDGE
FCA
Juiced Cherries
Laxachusetts
Leading Edge
LI Bluefish
LI Express
LI Express North
Looney's
Madlax
MD Roughriders
Next Level
NH Tomahawks
PA Roughriders
Patriot 2020
Philadelphia Freedom
Resolute
SoCal Express
Team 91
Team Igloo
Team Minnesota
Team ONE
UC Mavericks
VLC

That sunday is start of 20s showtime. we're doing showtime. curious how this overlap is going to affect both.
Its 89+2 Long island attending.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The part you miss is all the other parents seeing the "older" kid dominate. What do you think these people take away from this?

They take away their son played a good competitive game which is better than blowing someone out or staying home playing xbox because the other team forfeited. I assume they already knew older kids or kids who hit puberty early have an advantage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ADVNC SF
Alcatraz Outlaws
Annapolis Hawks
C2C Lacrosse
Carolina Cannons
Cincy Royals 2020 Elite
Crabs
Eclipse
EDGE
FCA
Juiced Cherries
Laxachusetts
Leading Edge
LI Bluefish
LI Express
LI Express North
Looney's
Madlax
MD Roughriders
Next Level
NH Tomahawks
PA Roughriders
Patriot 2020
Philadelphia Freedom
Resolute
SoCal Express
Team 91
Team Igloo
Team Minnesota
Team ONE
UC Mavericks
VLC

Its 89+2 Long island attending.

Still could just be Orange and not Crush

Page 28 of 51 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 50 51

Link Copied to Clipboard