BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 35 of 75 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 74 75
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Nice to see Stony Brook featured on the cover of USLacrosse Magazine.

Not a big fan of the "Long Island Attitude" theme of the article. What is embracing "The Long Island thing"? A vast majority of the lacrosse players go away to school of all types academically--this article seems to imply that the "Long Island thing" players stay home and go to Stony Brook-because they apparently don't go to Hofstra either.

Despite yesterdays game (a win is a win, even if you lug it out) I'm looking for good things this year from the team. If you want to sell the team as a team with a chip on its shoulder so be it. The "Long Island Thing" does not represent the vast majority of players from Long Island.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does SB blame the Inside Lacrosse cover jinx?

they won right? am I missing something? against a very stout opponent..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SB was out played! Towson had nothing dialed in for creating a scoring opportunity...they let it get away

[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Very good game not sure why people are surprised Towson has almost entire team return from their great team last year. Sb looked tight but I guess everyone is when it's 30 degrees Loyola
Also surprised UNC two goal game w unranked JMU These type of results are typical early in season

Towson did play great today. Thry did get good looks at the end but had a goal called back and Stony Brooks goalie came up big. It was nice to see a bunch of Long Island girls performing well for Towson. If this game and the UNC game proves anything is it might be a long season for Hofstra as it looks like the CAA has some talented teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They won stupid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They won stupid

Spoken like a true CR [lacrosse] kidding, yj puke.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4th ranked team beating 19th ranked team in the last 5 sec..thats what you might be missing...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4th ranked team beating 19th ranked team in the last 5 sec..thats what you might be missing...

both unc and sbu ran into goalies who had great games, otherwise neither game would have been that close

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

both unc and sbu ran into goalies who had great games, otherwise neither game would have been that close

Goalie play had nothing to do with SB Towson Game. Stats right down the line were split. Towson went toe to toe on shots, draw control, caused turn overs, ground balls, and saves. If anything Towson needs to work on shots on goal as they had a very low percentage. You make it sound like they ran into a goalie that owned them, not the case at all especially in the second half.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did't watch UNC, but did watch SB and to say that that game would not have been close but for the goalie is a lie. Towson's goalie struggled and was only in due to an injury. she only saved 8 so a blowout was not in the cards, though she will be better when she calms down and gets used to the speed. Towson also looked sloppy on both ends with what seemd like no set plays that were effective on the O side. they were effective on limiting the SB ball hogs to 1 goal each with should become the blue print to beating them. Take T.O. and Murphy out of the game and you can win. Some bad calls also hurt Towson especially late

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke squeaks by Drexel?!? As far as Towson SB I read that both teams had an incredible 90% of scoring returning and 10 starters each! Think both of these teams will have nice years. Interesting UNC struggles vs JMU as well

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Notre Dame looked bad today

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
duke v Drexel today should be a good watch. Anyone else think it's odd that the blue devils don't win a bit more and make consistent noise in the NCAA's?? That campus, the reputation, the basketball tradition, who would not want to go there??

I respect the stance and integrity head coach maintains about refusing to verbal players early, but I do think that policy costs them an elite talent or two each year that can make the difference between them being consistently very, very good but not elite.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
90 second clock has changed the game folks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
duke v Drexel today should be a good watch. Anyone else think it's odd that the blue devils don't win a bit more and make consistent noise in the NCAA's?? That campus, the reputation, the basketball tradition, who would not want to go there??

I respect the stance and integrity head coach maintains about refusing to verbal players early, but I do think that policy costs them an elite talent or two each year that can make the difference between them being consistently very, very good but not elite.

They commit to plenty of freshman..mainly low character YJ players so no high moral ground.. Not enough wins.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke beating Drexel by 2 and was losing at half. SB beating a very good experienced Towson by 1 and #1 UNC beating an unranked tough JMU Even Northwestern beating unranked Canisiusby 2 Then playing better vs ND yesterday. Early season Lacrosse seems to level theplaying field until teams find their way. Love the start of the season already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They commit to plenty of freshman..mainly low character YJ players so no high moral ground.. Not enough wins.

Exactly correct.. has what 5,6 2019's now. Just not making it happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke beating Drexel by 2 and was losing at half. SB beating a very good experienced Towson by 1 and #1 UNC beating an unranked tough JMU Even Northwestern beating unranked Canisiusby 2 Then playing better vs ND yesterday. Early season Lacrosse seems to level theplaying field until teams find their way. Love the start of the season already.

I'm kind of new to the women's game. my sons both played now my daughter is coming along(6th grade) so we've been watching some of these games online. hope this doesn't offend, but the game is kind of hard to watch to me. so many fouls for one, but no one ever goes off the field. 7 players instead of 6- not much room in the zone. seems like no flow and rhythm to it? is it just gonna take me a while to get a taste for it??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could you be any more of an [lacrosse] coward. You should let the fathers of these girls know how you feel, don't worry your wife knows what an impotent coward you are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yup. and their recruiting pipeline doesnt look very good either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm kind of new to the women's game. my sons both played now my daughter is coming along(6th grade) so we've been watching some of these games online. hope this doesn't offend, but the game is kind of hard to watch to me. so many fouls for one, but no one ever goes off the field. 7 players instead of 6- not much room in the zone. seems like no flow and rhythm to it? is it just gonna take me a while to get a taste for it??

I started out coming from boy's lacrosse so I know what you're talking about. It's not the same game. I didn't have kids who played field hockey but I hear it's similar to that vis-ŕ-vis the whistles and stops. You do get used to it though. At least now with a shot clock you won't have to suffer through the stall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could you be any more of an [lacrosse] coward. You should let the fathers of these girls know how you feel, don't worry your wife knows what an impotent coward you are.

lumpy mattress? Falcons fan? was merely stating that they do in fact recruit early much like the others. not singling out anyone's child..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

slow start maybe. that freshman from MD went crazy had what 4 goals? easy transition to D1 huh?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I started out coming from boy's lacrosse so I know what you're talking about. It's not the same game. I didn't have kids who played field hockey but I hear it's similar to that vis-ŕ-vis the whistles and stops. You do get used to it though. At least now with a shot clock you won't have to suffer through the stall.

I look at it quite differently, have both son and daughter who play lacrosse. I actually like the girls game much better, it is more pure. Boys the constant swinging, hacking, hitting and individual ball possession is taking something away. But you also need to be watching women's lacrosse the way it was meant to be played, fast transition, ball movements, cuts and feeds. It is a pleasure to watch. But when teams resort to isolation play and swinging and banging, I agree, not fun to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lumpy mattress? Falcons fan? was merely stating that they do in fact recruit early much like the others. not singling out anyone's child..

2019s are Soph and they committed after Freshman year ended. They had no 2020s committed before their winter camp in Dec. Some schools are pushing 8th graders now ahead of the recruiting change and they will not do that. They are much later in the process for several reasons but that is the primary one. Seems like you were not a potential recruit for the school otherwise you would have the details.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

their questioning the program, not your precious YJ's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Notre Dames issue is coaching not personnel

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So take "mainly low character YJ players" as. It a shot at the kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then whats a "low character" player?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too cold in February and March in the northeast. If you agree, consider the colleges in the Sunshine State Conference. Teams getting better each year. Just ask Adelphi. Conference adding [2] more teams next year. D2 offers a nice balance of work and play. Kids get to take the major of their choice, have time for a part time job, time to socialize, along with playing the sport the love. It's still a big time commitment to lacrosse......but not overkill. And unlike D3, they can offer athletic money. Not as much as D1, but if your daughter has good grades to go along with good lacrosse skills, she can get very good offer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke does lose out on some kids because they still make you go through the admissions process. If you are not a 95 plus student with a 1300 SAT you are risking being denied. Coach says she is pretty sure you will get in if your SAT is close and you maintain your 92 GPA. The problem is it is a risk to take, if you don't get in you may have left a lot of scholarship money on the table to a school that tells you that you are definitely getting in. It is a lot of money for the top players to be risking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Notre Dames issue is coaching not personnel

Maybe, and she seems to have turned away from LI and MD talent for future recruiting classes favoring other areas. Can't see that decision playing out to well for her..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of the LI recruits at ND are comical. Just look at 19s and 20 committed kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke does lose out on some kids because they still make you go through the admissions process. If you are not a 95 plus student with a 1300 SAT you are risking being denied. Coach says she is pretty sure you will get in if your SAT is close and you maintain your 92 GPA. The problem is it is a risk to take, if you don't get in you may have left a lot of scholarship money on the table to a school that tells you that you are definitely getting in. It is a lot of money for the top players to be risking.

There are tons of schools that will walk recruits in if they hit the ncaa minimums which is just a little more than knowing how to spell your name. I didn't know Duke was this tough on lacrosse girls because they clearly walk minimum kids in for basketball and football.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are tons of schools that will walk recruits in if they hit the ncaa minimums which is just a little more than knowing how to spell your name. I didn't know Duke was this tough on lacrosse girls because they clearly walk minimum kids in for basketball and football.

yes you are right. the post above had a bunch of made-up info. on it. what the womens lacrosse is held to standards miles above the mens basketball and football?? not how the world works.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I look at it quite differently, have both son and daughter who play lacrosse. I actually like the girls game much better, it is more pure. Boys the constant swinging, hacking, hitting and individual ball possession is taking something away. But you also need to be watching women's lacrosse the way it was meant to be played, fast transition, ball movements, cuts and feeds. It is a pleasure to watch. But when teams resort to isolation play and swinging and banging, I agree, not fun to watch.

I hope you're right. its just a few days into the season probly part of it, but in the 2 games I watched I don't think I saw a single assisted goal. whats with the free position? why don't they send a player off and have a 7-6 player advantage for 2 mins, releasable?? would see some passing instead of another solo play..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes you are right. the post above had a bunch of made-up info. on it. what the womens lacrosse is held to standards miles above the mens basketball and football?? not how the world works.

Yes, it is how the world works. Mens' basketball, and I assume football, is held to a different, much lower standard than just about any other team. I hear it first hand from my kids. And I'm just talking academics. You can look to the news to see how they are not held accountable for sexual assaults where the schools are complicit in cover ups. What about that Duke bball player who was suspended for tripping other players? Suspended 3 games. Pffft.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of the LI recruits at ND are comical. Just look at 19s and 20 committed kids

What do you mean?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It wasn't made up. Straight from the coaches mouth. You may get an exception from admissions here or there but remember there are only 12- 15 Basketball players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, it is how the world works. Mens' basketball, and I assume football, is held to a different, much lower standard than just about any other team. I hear it first hand from my kids. And I'm just talking academics. You can look to the news to see how they are not held accountable for sexual assaults where the schools are complicit in cover ups. What about that Duke bball player who was suspended for tripping other players? Suspended 3 games. Pffft.

oh oh I got an idea. why don't you start a big witch hunt and hold these guys accountable!!! oh nevermind, some a-holes already did that a few years back.. sorry

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do you mean?

sounds like he is thinking they should go after more PA / MA players.. which means his meds should be a bit stronger.

Page 35 of 75 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 74 75

Link Copied to Clipboard