BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 278 of 327 1 2 276 277 278 279 280 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Your child can receive the education he/she DESIRES at what ever institution they choose. The name, rank or athletic division of a school does not guarantee success. You can learn in a library. Going to Hopkins doesn't get you into Med school, your MCAT does.
D1 Basket Weaving Degree or D2 Engineering Degree or D3 Nursing Degree which is best??

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your child can receive the education he/she DESIRES at what ever institution they choose. The name, rank or athletic division of a school does not guarantee success. You can learn in a library. Going to Hopkins doesn't get you into Med school, your MCAT does.
D1 Basket Weaving Degree or D2 Engineering Degree or D3 Nursing Degree which is best??

All jokes aside, basket weaving isn't really a thing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D1, D2 or D3.....all have top, middle and low talent levels and or offer different academic levels. All divisions have plenty to choose from. But who cares what division they'll be in. Kids should ask themselves, "If it were not for lacrosse, would I consider that school?" The only ones that cares what division are crazy parents. I don't post here to change the minds of crazies. They'll always be crazy. I do it for those that are new to the recruiting process. Figure out what school [not team] your daughter is interested in and go to their camp. Be sure to take the time to do a campus tour. Make sure the kid takes the lead. If coaches are interested in your student athlete during or after the camp, parents will have a chance to meet and discuss further.

Sorry, not much academic strength in D2. Just the facts.

Ha....funny.....must be the same guy who says D2 lost a scrimmage game to a D3 and extrapolates that to D3 is better Please provide stats because........only the facts count on BOTC

Stats on academics not being as strong in D2 vs D1 and D3? Hmmm ... D1 schools: Harvard Princeton Yale Dartmouth Penn Cornell Brown Columbia Stanford Duke Northwestern Hopkins Notre Dame Vanderbilt Georgetown Davidson Lehigh Bucknell Navy West Point Michigan UVA and many more great academic institutions both public and private. D3 Williams Amherst Tufts Middlebury Bates Hamilton Wesleyan Bowdoin Colorado College Colby Pamona and many more top academic schools.

Now please name for me the top D2 academic schools. There r not many and none that are at the level of schools mentioned above. Facts.

First of all, you say the words "fact" and "facts" a lot, like there is official list of school academic rankings somewhere that only you have access to. Sounds a lot like DJT, who throws around words loudly and excessively, like he's trying to convince us of his "intelligence". Saying words loudly and excessively does not make someone smart. Second, you're missing the point...The actual amount of institutions at a certain athletic division does not matter. The only thing that matters is where the player wants to go for SCHOOL first, then where they want to play lacrosse second. D1, D2, D3, NAIA, JUCO or WCLA does not matter. It may matter to the parents, who can then brag to their fellow yj'ers but it doesn't matter once the kid graduates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the problem, best for who? What might be best for your kid may not be best for mine or align with what she wants. People just need to chill and steer your kid the way you think is best and applaud all these kids regardless of what you think. These threads are getting ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D1, D2 or D3.....all have top, middle and low talent levels and or offer different academic levels. All divisions have plenty to choose from. But who cares what division they'll be in. Kids should ask themselves, "If it were not for lacrosse, would I consider that school?" The only ones that cares what division are crazy parents. I don't post here to change the minds of crazies. They'll always be crazy. I do it for those that are new to the recruiting process. Figure out what school [not team] your daughter is interested in and go to their camp. Be sure to take the time to do a campus tour. Make sure the kid takes the lead. If coaches are interested in your student athlete during or after the camp, parents will have a chance to meet and discuss further.

Liar, some of the brightest and best come from D2 schools with business, nursing, analysts etc doing well

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha....funny.....must be the same guy who says D2 lost a scrimmage game to a D3 and extrapolates that to D3 is better Please provide stats because........only the facts count on BOTC

Stats on academics not being as strong in D2 vs D1 and D3? Hmmm ... D1 schools: Harvard Princeton Yale Dartmouth Penn Cornell Brown Columbia Stanford Duke Northwestern Hopkins Notre Dame Vanderbilt Georgetown Davidson Lehigh Bucknell Navy West Point Michigan UVA and many more great academic institutions both public and private. D3 Williams Amherst Tufts Middlebury Bates Hamilton Wesleyan Bowdoin Colorado College Colby Pamona and many more top academic schools.

Now please name for me the top D2 academic schools. There r not many and none that are at the level of schools mentioned above. Facts.

First of all, you say the words "fact" and "facts" a lot, like there is official list of school academic rankings somewhere that only you have access to. Sounds a lot like DJT, who throws around words loudly and excessively, like he's trying to convince us of his "intelligence". Saying words loudly and excessively does not make someone smart. Second, you're missing the point...The actual amount of institutions at a certain athletic division does not matter. The only thing that matters is where the player wants to go for SCHOOL first, then where they want to play lacrosse second. D1, D2, D3, NAIA, JUCO or WCLA does not matter. It may matter to the parents, who can then brag to their fellow yj'ers but it doesn't matter once the kid graduates.

yes it does. Do you think someone has the same employment opportunity set coming out of each of those academic settings? You are naive if you think so. And yes, there are academic rankings available to you ... and yes there are such things as better schools than others.

Stanford, Northwestern, Duke etc Engineering degree over any engineering degree from a D2 school of your choice. So try again. The question if it's engineering as an example is which engineering schools r best. That's an easy one, and they ain't in D2 Einstein. And yes if you force me to I will show u more D1 lax engineering majors than D2 anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 is no joke either

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
...and hopefully you'll get that 1/8 scholarship....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come 2020 infamous girl didn't take the offer on Jones' team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Liar, some of the brightest and best come from D2 schools with business, nursing, analysts etc doing well

Agreed. D2 is full of GREAT academic schools. That comment sounds like it was written by someone who is one of those who thinks D1 is the best avenue. Smart people know they're wrong though.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]2023 is no joke either

CR knows this age group is weak thats why she has them playing in the Allstar express with no competition rather than playing in the Mid Summer Championship with all the top Maryland teams.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by baldbear
D2 can be just as competitive (in some cases more competitive) than D1. I think you're missing the point. My daughter narrowed her selection down and met with 6 D1 coaches and 4 D2 coaches. Each offered great opportunities and the schools were very nice. It was the team sleepovers that made the difference- and I encourage every prospective athlete to spend a weekend before you commit, it allows the student to hear opinions on coaches and fell out the dynamic of the school. Ultimately my daughter-not me-decided on an up and coming D2 program. Although other schools offered more money, like another poster said you need to take lax out of the picture and make sure it's a good school where your child is comfortable staying for 4/5 years.

I''m of the opinion that D3 has more talent than D2. I watched D3 Hamilton beat eventual D2 champ Florida Southern in Florida.

So how many times are you going to note this game.......and if that's your sample size then your opinion is nonsense.

D3 has far more teams and players than D2 so there is far less talent overall in D3 due to its size. But where it counts, the top twenty teams, D3 fairs better than D2. I made a point with a D3 team that did not make the NCAA tournament last year (the year they beat Florida Southern). D2 is making progress as the sport expands but it is not quite there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes it does. Do you think someone has the same employment opportunity set coming out of each of those academic settings? You are naive if you think so. And yes, there are academic rankings available to you ... and yes there are such things as better schools than others.

Stanford, Northwestern, Duke etc Engineering degree over any engineering degree from a D2 school of your choice. So try again. The question if it's engineering as an example is which engineering schools r best. That's an easy one, and they ain't in D2 Einstein. And yes if you force me to I will show u more D1 lax engineering majors than D2 anyway.

Please with the straw man argument about Stanford, Duke, Northwestern. C'mon.........how many Lax players are going to those schools for engineering. Enough already. To the few who have the ability and intelligence fantastic....we applaud them..for most players school size, academics, lax, location and a number of other parameters enter into the equation..... Oh yea....tell me which one of the 3 engineering schools you mentioned is your daughter matriculated in.........crikets

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unless you are a freak of a player, nursing or engineering at a top lax school usually isn't tolerated. We lived it. It was D2 for us because the coach wasn't accepting of it at the D1 programs we looked at. So she ended up as one of the better players on a weaker team but taking the major she wanted. And since my daughter was a mid level D1 player, the 1/8 of scholarship award for $58,000 dollar schools didn't amount to much

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please with the straw man argument about Stanford, Duke, Northwestern. C'mon.........how many Lax players are going to those schools for engineering. Enough already. To the few who have the ability and intelligence fantastic....we applaud them..for most players school size, academics, lax, location and a number of other parameters enter into the equation..... Oh yea....tell me which one of the 3 engineering schools you mentioned is your daughter matriculated in.........crikets[/quote]

It is not a straw man argument. It is in response to the post (maybe yours) that said D1 basket weaving D2 engineering D3 Nursing, which do u want? That is the nonsense statement. It is delusional. There are as many basket weavers (actually more) at D2 schools. And the caliber of students both on the teams and in the general student population is in most cases well below dozens of very strong academic d1 schools. It is just frustrating to watch u all try to state otherwise. State the D2 school you want to establish as the great academic powerhouse. If you can't name it/them, then u have no point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please with the straw man argument about Stanford, Duke, Northwestern. C'mon.........how many Lax players are going to those schools for engineering. Enough already. To the few who have the ability and intelligence fantastic....we applaud them..for most players school size, academics, lax, location and a number of other parameters enter into the equation..... Oh yea....tell me which one of the 3 engineering schools you mentioned is your daughter matriculated in.........crikets

It is not a straw man argument. It is in response to the post (maybe yours) that said D1 basket weaving D2 engineering D3 Nursing, which do u want? That is the nonsense statement. It is delusional. There are as many basket weavers (actually more) at D2 schools. And the caliber of students both on the teams and in the general student population is in most cases well below dozens of very strong academic d1 schools. It is just frustrating to watch u all try to state otherwise. State the D2 school you want to establish as the great academic powerhouse. If you can't name it/them, then u have no point. [/quote]

Oh ye of little intelligence. Rollins, you idiot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is not a straw man argument. It is in response to the post (maybe yours) that said D1 basket weaving D2 engineering D3 Nursing, which do u want? That is the nonsense statement. It is delusional. There are as many basket weavers (actually more) at D2 schools. And the caliber of students both on the teams and in the general student population is in most cases well below dozens of very strong academic d1 schools. It is just frustrating to watch u all try to state otherwise. State the D2 school you want to establish as the great academic powerhouse. If you can't name it/them, then u have no point. [/quote]

If you don't think D2 schools are more flexible in taking kids regardless of their majors you haven't been through the process. D2 and D3 schools are that for a reason, they know they have to balance things that D1 coaches wont tolerate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First off you are living thru your kids!!
There is no pro lacrosse and why you don't send your kids to school so they graduate in 4 years with a degree and play.
So it is ok to go to school and play for 4 years than go back to another school and pay full price for school. You must have a lot of money.
What a waste of time and money. My girls played d2 and graduated with a degree and had fun and have jobs with what they went to school for.
Yes in most D1 schools you can not do nursing. D2 yes. sooo do it thats what college is about. D1 coaches will not put up with nursing but remember after 4 years they are not giving you any money! There is only 1 national champ and in 5 years who cares.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no pro lacrosse and why you don't send your kids to school so they graduate in 4 years with a degree and play.
So it is ok to go to school and play for 4 years than go back to another school and pay full price for school. You must have a lot of money.
What a waste of time and money. My girls played d2 and graduated with a degree and had fun and have jobs with what they went to school for.
Yes in most D1 schools you can not do nursing. D2 yes. sooo do it thats what college is about. D1 coaches will not put up with nursing but remember after 4 years they are not giving you any money! There is only 1 national champ and in 5 years who cares.

Why do u all focus on nursing w ur argument all the time? How about Doctor? How about brand management? Computer science? Finance? And many many other majors and career focuses. The are many great D1 schools. And many girls who go on from D1 programs to be very successful in their respective careers. As for Rollins, it's a regional school and certainly not bad, but it's expensive. For the tuition, there are a hundred schools in D1 and D3 better than Rollins. But you are right, it is one the few D2 schools with half decent academics. Not a great value though. Now name ten more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gotcha ... so never mind, I won't send my kid to the Ivy she's committed to. Duh. how dumb of me. D2 all the way baby. And don't tell me it's because I have money. I don't. But the aid is amazing. So if ur kid had the grades and could play at that level, she to could go there. Pretty sure it would be a good choice for her too. So don't lecture me on how my kid playing D1 is some bad thing. Quite certain she's pretty amazing and will do great things with her education. You people really have no clue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The past two years I have seen girls walk onto a team in the spring, never having attended a tryout. That's legit or a girl with a check?

Sounds like a Yellow Jackets team....

No it was liberty. Two of my daughter's friends have skipped tryouts and then gone on to get a spot on a team with no tryout. Two years in a row I have seen this happen and I have no ill will towards liberty, just stating a fact.

Correct, Happend on the YJ 2020 B team last year. This year she was moved down to C.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come 2020 infamous girl didn't take the offer on Jones' team?

How do you know she didn't?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do u all focus on nursing w ur argument all the time? How about Doctor? How about brand management? Computer science? Finance? And many many other majors and career focuses. The are many great D1 schools. And many girls who go on from D1 programs to be very successful in their respective careers. As for Rollins, it's a regional school and certainly not bad, but it's expensive. For the tuition, there are a hundred schools in D1 and D3 better than Rollins. But you are right, it is one the few D2 schools with half decent academics. Not a great value though. Now name ten more.
You better educate yourslf quick, Nursing comes up all the time because of the clinicals that force girls off campus and have extremely difficult class schedule. Engineering, architecture and teaching are similar. Kids trying to be doctors rarely even play because of the demanding classes. Coaches try to "guide" kids from these classes because of the missed practice due to off campus responsibilities inherent in these courses, especially for top players and kids that get large scholarship dollars.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think nursing is always brought up because you have classes at hospitals each semester and they don't make your schedule around lacrosse. There are more female nurses then men and this is a girls thread. As for doctors, you don't have any classes in the hospital until grad school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]First off you are living thru your kids!!

The points are 1: Stop limiting girls to being nurses ... very sexist. 2. That is One narrow profession out of literally thousands of choices; to limit the argument to nursing is silly. 3. These kids should be using lax to get into the best schools they can. D2 in most cases does not fit that criteria. It is being WAY overstated the limitations put on D1 kids with regard to majors. And a great liberal arts education from a place like williams or amherst will be way more valuable career wise than any D2 school.

Now if your kid doesn't have the grades, fine. No judgement here. Just stop w the false argument that D1 is basketweaving and D2 is somehow real school. In the real world, where everyone else lives, a Stanford degree is a more valuable degree than one from Lemoyne.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

You better educate yourslf quick, Nursing comes up all the time because of the clinicals that force girls off campus and have extremely difficult class schedule. Engineering, architecture and teaching are similar. Kids trying to be doctors rarely even play because of the demanding classes. Coaches try to "guide" kids from these classes because of the missed practice due to off campus responsibilities inherent in these courses, especially for top players and kids that get large scholarship dollars.

Also physical therapy or athletic training. Anything that requires hours outside of scheduled classes can become a problem. I absolutely heard of coaches "making" kids change their majors, and of kids quitting the sport to stick with the major they want, and also of kids taking a fifth year to finish their degree because the sport schedule didn't allow them to fulfill all their requirements.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the 2023 YJ team merge? Is it one team or 2?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come all the YJ girls suck so bad in the ND/USL game today? Goalie couldn't save a shot and the rest looked like deer in the headlights

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The points are 1: Stop limiting girls to being nurses ... very sexist. 2. That is One narrow profession out of literally thousands of choices; to limit the argument to nursing is silly. 3. These kids should be using lax to get into the best schools they can. D2 in most cases does not fit that criteria. It is being WAY overstated the limitations put on D1 kids with regard to majors. And a great liberal arts education from a place like williams or amherst will be way more valuable career wise than any D2 school.

Now if your kid doesn't have the grades, fine. No judgement here. Just stop w the false argument that D1 is basketweaving and D2 is somehow real school. In the real world, where everyone else lives, a Stanford degree is a more valuable degree than one from Lemoyne.

Easy on the sexist comment, according to the last study I saw 91% of the nurses in the US are in fact women. No one is limiting them, no one is saying they can only be nurses, it is a common issue that occurs all the time in this sport and is just an example.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come all the YJ girls suck so bad in the ND/USL game today? Goalie couldn't save a shot and the rest looked like deer in the headlights

Thought that's goalie was supposed to be good??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thought that's goalie was supposed to be good??

I don't know who you are talking about but why are you such a cowardly [lacrosse] I thought you were supposed to be a man. You are clearly an embarrassment to your kids as they know deep down inside what a weasel you are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many yellow jackets are overrated and get the looks just because they are YJ...
ND is one program that took YJ players who were billed as the best of the best ... reality is they are just the same as so many other good players. So ND is on par with so many other schools. Plus, Barbara Sullivan was their rock... without her, their is a void on defense that is hard to fill and also leaves a void in leadership. Wisihing the Irish luck this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When kids commit in 8th, 9th and 10th grade I am assuming they are agreeing to attend and the what the athletic award will be and then they go through the majors offered when they are seniors and then pick one? They clearly aren't picking professions when they verbal or are they?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You obviously were not paying attention. The goalie played very well especially in the first half. She kept Was the one bright spot. Made tough save after tough save with virtually no help. Most shots were high percentage The kid is a stud. Not sure why u would try to make her look bad. Pathetic!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Many yellow jackets are overrated and get the looks just because they are YJ...

So true.' Some of these commits are mind boggling. Also seems much easier for girls to commit than guys. Just look at the number of girls 2020 commits compared to guys at this point. They're 14, pump the brakes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ND is one program that took YJ players who were billed as the best of the best ... reality is they are just the same as so many other good players. So ND is on par with so many other schools. Plus, Barbara Sullivan was their rock... without her, their is a void on defense that is hard to fill and also leaves a void in leadership. Wisihing the Irish luck this year.

Thay are not on par with Florida. Now those girls can play! ND may as well be D2. Can't even catch the ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thay are not on par with Florida. Now those girls can play! ND may as well be D2. Can't even catch the ball.

That's why there have only been 5 champs in 30 years. Huge fall off in talent once you get outside the top teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You obviously were not paying attention. The goalie played very well especially in the first half. She kept Was the one bright spot. Made tough save after tough save with virtually no help. Most shots were high percentage The kid is a stud. Not sure why u would try to make her look bad. Pathetic!

You're referring to a young lady as a "stud"??? Wow, you people are ten times more bat $hit crazy than the boys parents...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're referring to a young lady as a "stud"??? Wow, you people are ten times more bat $hit crazy than the boys parents...

Stud? The whole team was just terrible. An embarrassment to watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FYI. Florida had 5 Yellow Jackets in the starting line up and all did very well.

Like Reply Quote
Page 278 of 327 1 2 276 277 278 279 280 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard