BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts388,110
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 112 of 144 1 2 110 111 112 113 114 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets focus on Express and how it did not workout for a particular 2020 coach/parent so he is now on the sidelines for the 2021 Express team ,that is just terrible and now he is trying to put his kid on first line and take away from kids who deserve it and are right age .... PATHETIC !!!!!! JS

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lets focus on Express and how it did not workout for a particular 2020 coach/parent so he is now on the sidelines for the 2021 Express team ,that is just terrible and now he is trying to put his kid on first line and take away from kids who deserve it and are right age .... PATHETIC !!!!!! JS

Calling out a 13 year old. Classy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WHAT are you talking about??? He is STILL 2020 team. You have no clue what you are talking about!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022s had 11 middies, 9 attack, 6 poles, and 2 goalies today. Plus a some were missing. Coaches did a great job having the lines on the clock and spreading out the playing time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
at a younger age it isn't horrible to have more kids if you are rotating the kids correctly. As you get older it becomes more difficult to get all the kids in when you need to be more competitive and are going to showcases

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express 2023's didn't fair so well today....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Neither did O''Reilly 2022!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Karwoski 2021 looked like a mess

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Karkowski has always been a mess.post something new.all the express teams looked pretty bad today.but mc's wallet is getting fatter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many teams do they have at this age?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All 300 players in attendance. That was ridiculous how many kids are on the sideline for the b team. Their parents were all complaining about playing time by endo of day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Before today some 2021 Express B team parents were talking it up that this team was going to be an A team. Last year they were a C team and they are a C team again this year. Last year the better B team players either left or got moved up to the A team after the first tournament. By the spring more parents complained and kids were moved up to the A team. The kids that left never came back. The kids that got moved to the A team never played. If you came to this team being realistic knowing it would be a C team and hope the kids will work hard to get better you will have a good experience. If you are unrealistic of what this team is you and your kid will have a terrible year. Having said this last year despite losing their best players they were a lot better in the Summer than the Fall. This team improved a lot even after losing a lot of talent. That is an indication of good coaching. If all the kids stay and work hard together there will be great improvement. That is what you want from a team that plays at this level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the 2023 Hedstromteam Channy's team grom last year??? If so why is he not coaching anymore and who is Hedstrom?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island express officially changing their name to team New [lacrosse]. Every kid playing lacrosse in the state will be assigned to a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4 teams now for 2020???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Karkowski has always been a mess.post something new.all the express teams looked pretty bad today.but mc's wallet is getting fatter

Just keep writing checks. There are alternatives out there, you are not chained to one program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ww

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess is with all these teams of 28+ man rosters, they break it up and form more teams. Or at least I hope so or I am considering leaving after the fall. For the most important reason that my son will become more and more upset with playing time. In want him to enjoy it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express S#%k's at the end of the season you are spending $5000 for garbage

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And does your son still play for Express?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express S#%k's at the end of the season you are spending $5000 for garbage

$5,000??? What do you have twins or something???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the end of the season add up all your receipts what you spent on traveling your hotels your food .Tuition to express. All your winter practices . Been there done it for three years . And I got it in black and white ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It s#%ks it's garbage

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U didn't answer the question. Where does your son play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess is with all these teams of 28+ man rosters, they break it up and form more teams. Or at least I hope so or I am considering leaving after the fall. For the most important reason that my son will become more and more upset with playing time. In want him to enjoy it.

This won't happen!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This won't happen!

No, it won't happen. One team equals much fatter margins for LIE. Its a business people, don't forget its ALL about the bottomline.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MC won't make more teams. He WILL push kids off of bloated B teams and move them to a C team He did it last year at a few different ages groups. Sign em, get their $$, lock em in, and then break the news to them in December, when its too late to pull up stakes and go elsewhere

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MC won't make more teams. He WILL push kids off of bloated B teams and move them to a C team He did it last year at a few different ages groups. Sign em, get their $$, lock em in, and then break the news to them in December, when its too late to pull up stakes and go elsewhere

Yup, and buy December you are 3 payments in

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not for express that money making club . That's all express is about is getting your money .The practices are like PAL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been there three years you're a 110% right

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been there three years you're a 110% right

????? Who's right about what?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
worst program on LI

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is the fool. Them or you for 3yrs. Buddy If you feel that way stop giving them money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my opinion, I find the biggest problem is not the A teams, it's the 2nd teams for most clubs, Some clubs do a nice job with their 2nd teams. For example, Igloo 2ND teams seem to get the same attention and resources as the A teams. Is so hard to do?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my opinion, I find the biggest problem is not the A teams, it's the 2nd teams for most clubs, Some clubs do a nice job with their 2nd teams. For example, Igloo 2ND teams seem to get the same attention and resources as the A teams. Is so hard to do?

OR if you are going to do a 3rd team, structure it the right way. Train, teach, etc. Lower level tourneys. Charge less. The biggest problem is the skill level. You can't believe how little work gets done at a practice because of lack of basics like catching/throwing. And if programs could get over themselves, get 2 or 3 similar level teams together for a practice with live game action thrown in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Throwing and Catching are skills that should be worked on at home. Why would you spend so much money on Travel Lacrosse and not make sure your child works on the basics at home. You would be surprised how much better your child would be by spending 1/2 hour 3 to 4 times a week at a wall. You could actually get 250 throws and catches in that 1/2 hour. In the 1 1/2 to 2 hour practice the last thing the coach wants to work on is throwing and catching. He is trying to implement and offense and a defense. Basic skills are something you bring to travel lacrosse, Not learn at travel lacrosse. Get little John or Jane off the cell phone and to the nearest wall. Not looking to hurt anyones feelings, Just my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR if you are going to do a 3rd team, structure it the right way. Train, teach, etc. Lower level tourneys. Charge less. The biggest problem is the skill level. You can't believe how little work gets done at a practice because of lack of basics like catching/throwing. And if programs could get over themselves, get 2 or 3 similar level teams together for a practice with live game action thrown in.

lets take your concept a step further....realistic parents might be able to accept that their kids are in need of better basic fundamental skill training (catching throwing scooping ground balls etc) these programs should offer basic entry novice classes with intra-squad scrimmages to teach basic field awareness and lax IQ.

with these basic skills being taught for a season without the need for expensive travel to sit on the bench; a prospective player can then be better prepared for the entry into higher level team try outs more confidently. else, these kids for the majority, become chronic 2nd and 3rd line players on 2nd and 3rd level club teams.

I feel many parents would appreciate that offer from clubs with vastly reduced fees in order to help their young players get a proper introduction into the sport without the pressures of competing for a spot they just are not prepared for.

thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You think 2nd and 3rd teams get the same attention and resources ?? Wait until they are at recruiting years. Tell me what you think then.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how about ur 2021 coach drunk at games

Like Reply Quote
Page 112 of 144 1 2 110 111 112 113 114 143 144
Quick Reply