BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,890
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 262 of 327 1 2 260 261 262 263 264 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Boderoniol
I take exception to that, we got pushed off to the last group where my daughter lit up the overmatched girls continuously and no matter what she did, she didn't even get noticed at all.
It was pretty rough too say the least, she was jumping through hoops to get to the white jersey and get noticed and not a sniff.
She plays all winter with the top girls and doesn't claim to be as good, but she should have been taken seriously.

How do you know how "seriously" they took her until you find out what team she made.

For real? Everyone knows what team their daughter made before they left. I felt bad for the girls in the Red pinnnys who were not treated fairly. Some of them were better players than the "A" team girls who didn't even have to prove themselves. YJ needed to add talent but the Instead stayed with the same team that got shelled in MD

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Boderoniol]I take exception to that, we got pushed off to the last group where my daughter lit up the overmatched girls continuously and no matter what she did, she didn't even get noticed at all.
It was pretty rough too say the least, she was jumping through hoops to get to the white jersey and get noticed and not a sniff.
She plays all winter with the top girls and doesn't claim to be as good, but she should have been taken seriously.

How do you know how "seriously" they took her until you find out what team she made.

For real? Everyone knows what team their daughter made before they left. I felt bad for the girls in the Red pinnnys who were not treated fairly. Some of them were better players than the "A" team girls who didn't even have to prove themselves. YJ needed to add talent but the Instead stayed with the same team that got shelled in MD

What age group?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what age group?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Boderoniol]I take exception to that, we got pushed off to the last group where my daughter lit up the overmatched girls continuously and no matter what she did, she didn't even get noticed at all.

What age group?

Shelled in Md?? not our team..yes we won some and lost some.. But never lost by more than 4 goals at most..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I take exception to that, we got pushed off to the last group where my daughter lit up the overmatched girls continuously and no matter what she did, she didn't even get noticed at all.

I was standing next to a parent of a red pinny girl who was beside himself, having fits watching the tryout. Figured out who his daughter was really quickly and started to watch for a while. Just because a kid has reasonable skill, reasonable speed, and scores a couple scrimmage goals doesn't maker her an A team prospect. What I saw was a girl completely forcing the issue, holding on to the ball way too long time and again, passing up open teammates over and over, and a father no coach wants on their sidelines. As a coach, this is not a player I am remotely interested in. I have watched many of the YJ tryouts, system CR runs definitely identifies the talent quickly. Can a good player have a bad tryout and get overlooked? Certainly. But the new additions to A seem to be correct most of the time. Good luck to all who tried or will be trying out!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was standing next to a parent of a red pinny girl who was beside himself, having fits watching the tryout. Figured out who his daughter was really quickly and started to watch for a while. Just because a kid has reasonable skill, reasonable speed, and scores a couple scrimmage goals doesn't maker her an A team prospect. What I saw was a girl completely forcing the issue, holding on to the ball way too long time and again, passing up open teammates over and over, and a father no coach wants on their sidelines. As a coach, this is not a player I am remotely interested in. I have watched many of the YJ tryouts, system CR runs definitely identifies the talent quickly. Can a good player have a bad tryout and get overlooked? Certainly. But the new additions to A seem to be correct most of the time. Good luck to all who tried or will be trying out!

Luckily you're not the coach! There is little talent on these younger teams and many good ones did not even attend tryouts because they are sick of the bs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big gap in talent at the 2021 tryout. Didn't really see anyone that stood out heads and shoulders above in the sea of red and green pinnies but you can bet there will be changes and they will add some talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Luckily you're not the coach! There is little talent on these younger teams and many good ones did not even attend tryouts because they are sick of the bs

If you are using the YJ teams as a baseline and say the teams lack talent, where do the rest of the club's stand? That would put all the rest of the Long Island clubs at a severe and utter lack of talent. We get it, your daughter clearly belonged to be brought up to the top team at tryouts. First you were having fits on the sideline, now your having fits on this thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thug Ball

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Thug Ball [/quote

Carnac says " what's the singular of your favorite snack " .

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are using the YJ teams as a baseline and say the teams lack talent, where do the rest of the club's stand? That would put all the rest of the Long Island clubs at a severe and utter lack of talent. We get it, your daughter clearly belonged to be brought up to the top team at tryouts. First you were having fits on the sideline, now your having fits on this thread.

Actually in the younger ages YJ teams have been beaten by other LI teams. For example 2023 beaten by TG

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Havingh hera great things about the YJ program, and knowing a few of my daugters cronnies who currently play for YJ, I, for one, wish my daughter was studdly enough to play for YJ, but alas, she is not..so we play for a "below" YJ elite travel program and we are happy...oh, and life marches on.
Be happy for wherever your daughter is suiting up and make the most of it---it goes by in a blink of an eye..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Top Guns 2023 team is a quality team as is Igloo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No long island team has come close to beating yj 22 a team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
but so many maryland teams have:) is that why they dont want to come down to md for a long island sponsored tournament. they dont want to leave with their tails between their legs. M&D TLC and and Heros will be there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why were some girls wearing green pinnies and others wearing red at yj 2021 tryouts? Girls in green seemed to be segregated from the rest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]No long island team has come close to beating yj 22 a team

They haven't played TG 22 yet

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Top Guns 2023 team is a quality team as is Igloo.

Yes, it is a well established pattern, see where they stand in 2-3 years. For many various reasons, TG just cannot keep the talented kids on black.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go back and look at just about every year the young TG parents bump out their chests and declare they are going to be the TG team that finally takes the title of best team in the age group on LI and can hold onto it for more than 1 season when the players are still wearing diapers. Then the recruiting years come around and they get beat up a few times by YJ and what ifs come out, "what if we all stated together", "what if we had better coaching" etc. The answer to your what ifs is you still would have lost to YJ , its just the way it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why were some girls wearing green pinnies and others wearing red at yj 2021 tryouts? Girls in green seemed to be segregated from the rest.

CR was collecting for Christmas shopping - must have a long list this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Word was that the green pinnies were given out to girls that were once YJ, then left for various reasons and are now back trying out. Red was for completely new players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go back and look at just about every year the young TG parents bump out their chests and declare they are going to be the TG team that finally takes the title of best team in the age group on LI and can hold onto it for more than 1 season when the players are still wearing diapers. Then the recruiting years come around and they get beat up a few times by YJ and what ifs come out, "what if we all stated together", "what if we had better coaching" etc. The answer to your what ifs is you still would have lost to YJ , its just the way it is.

What if you weren't such an [lacrosse]? Or is that just the way it is?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Truth hurts, you and your TG pals like coming onto the YJ thread to post your nonsense but when the facts are put out there you act like a chump.Good luck at Hofstra, at least you TG people have gotten over the days when you would say how SS was going to get that program turned around or try to compare it to USB .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Truth hurts, you and your TG pals like coming onto the YJ thread to post your nonsense but when the facts are put out there you act like a chump.Good luck at Hofstra, at least you TG people have gotten over the days when you would say how SS was going to get that program turned around or try to compare it to USB .

Only thing is it's your truth. YJ is having problems with their young teams. It's a fact. Other LI teams are as good or better. Happened on the boys side with Express, now is happening on the girls side. The talent is lacking, check the scores of the Maryland tournaments when some teams couldn't win a game. And I'm talking A team. YJ just not what it used to be!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only thing is it's your truth. YJ is having problems with their young teams. It's a fact. Other LI teams are as good or better. Happened on the boys side with Express, now is happening on the girls side. The talent is lacking, check the scores of the Maryland tournaments when some teams couldn't win a game. And I'm talking A team. YJ just not what it used to be!

The part you do not get is I agree. YJ teams at the young ages have not been very successful.That said that has been the case for a long time but again when recruiting age comes around they are the dominant LI team. Take 2020 as your most recent example , they were good but not top team when they were in say summer going into 7th grade. The next summer they were easily best on LI and top 2 in country.Again is what it is, the what ifs from the remaining TG parents at that age is sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who's USB?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Think that is only remotely true for 2023. That will get sorted out and no doubt the team will dominate in a year or two, just like all the other age groups. Been at the travel thing long before TG and any of the other pop ups came along, there is always a glimmer in the early years, then the reality sets in. The talent takes a few years to eventually all gravitate to YJ. To be honest, I was you a number of years ago. I was all in, luckily figured it out and had options. It is a hard transition to get to the Blue team. Believe me the earlier the better as it certainly gets harder and harder to crack the roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Think that is only remotely true for 2023. That will get sorted out and no doubt the team will dominate in a year or two, just like all the other age groups. Been at the travel thing long before TG and any of the other pop ups came along, there is always a glimmer in the early years, then the reality sets in. The talent takes a few years to eventually all gravitate to YJ. To be honest, I was you a number of years ago. I was all in, luckily figured it out and had options. It is a hard transition to get to the Blue team. Believe me the earlier the better as it certainly gets harder and harder to crack the roster.

Th YJ 2023 team is problem ridden due to parent coaches. People are fed up, very bad chemistry. Unless they change coaches this team will continue to get worse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Head varsity Coaches on both 2023 teams Nice Try!! Go away TG

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Friends family and big payers stay on the A team. Unless their was a pre tryout weasel deal, newbies go to B or C teams regardless of whether they deserve to or not

Does it really matter what team your on? YJ will be stuck at that BS tourney (money grab) at Mitchell field while all the competitive teams are across the turnpike at the Hofstra tournament. If I was a Div 1 coach, where would I go to watch?

Maryland, certainly won't see anything worth driving for outside of Mitchell Field. "Competitive" that's a good one !

You must be a fool. So you think a 2023 team playing a 2025 team is competitive? You are a dummy!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then why do they lose so many games, as well as lose to their own B team 2 years in a row?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like tg has added some more commits. And to some top schools. Guess they don't suck as much as yj would like you to believe

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then why do they lose so many games, as well as lose to their own B team 2 years in a row?

Maybe it's lack of talent combined with biased coaching....a good reason to run away as fast as you can!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like tg has added some more commits. And to some top schools. Guess they don't suck as much as yj would like you to believe

No they still suck . Hofstra is top school for what ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That type of comment shows what type of tool you are. Hope your daughter is not as arrogant a jackass as you! Not all YJ girls are going to top schools, some will not be recruited at all. With your comment, you are putting down some of your own teammates. Terrible parenting and youth role model you are!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best kids always find their way but they have to work a little harder to get noticed. Even the WAVE send some kids to top schools. YJ's top team is easiest path to get seen but you elitests need to relax there are good kids on other teams just not a full roster of them

Congrats all! PS its easier to root for non YJ kids who make it. YJ's are deplorables

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not Hofstra. Dartmouth and Syracuse. 2019s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Looks like tg has added some more commits. And to some top schools. Guess they don't suck as much as yj would like you to believe

That type of comment shows what type of tool you are. Hope your daughter is not as arrogant a jackass as you! Not all YJ girls are going to top schools, some will not be recruited at all. With your comment, you are putting down some of your own teammates. Terrible parenting and youth role model you are! [/quote

Hey Moron , You are on the YJ section of the website posting about the pitifull TG commits , what did you expect . You must be an idiot if you think posting that was not to try and provoke an angry response or are you really that stupid . Do you not realize that when you are putting down YJ players who will not get recruited at all you are putting down some of your TG teammates , the very thing you are condemning you complete idiot. Go back to your TG area and discuss how Hempstead is really making a comeback as a tourist destination , you dope .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Looks like tg has added some more commits. And to some top schools. Guess they don't suck as much as yj would like you to believe

Not Hofstra. Dartmouth and Syracuse. 2019s [/quote

Top schools , Syracuse , very funny .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not Hofstra. Dartmouth and Syracuse. 2019s [/quote

Top schools , Syracuse , very funny .

Cornell. Stony brook. Syracuse. Dartmouth
Syracuse is an excellent school with a great alumni network for internships and jobs. Not to mention top four lax school. Stony brook excellent academic school with top lax program close to home. What's wrong. Your daughter not in the top percent?

Like Reply Quote
Page 262 of 327 1 2 260 261 262 263 264 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard