BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 34 of 220 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2019 Black is fielding a team for this weekend. They also played at Dowling this Sunday.

They were not at Dowling so you are probably wrong about this weekend also.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 is also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fyi, in years past rosters come out mid fall or so. These fall tournaments have nothing to do with the organization. Small pockets and groups form their own teams and go. The summer rosters are 24 kids, way to big for the fall winter format. Don't wait around to be included, go do your own thing, get a group on your own and enter. The only team central activity the club does is set up indoor winter leaugue play which if you are new to the club, wait for an email. It is put together by the club but that's really the only involvement they have until spring practices.

While I understand that it seems in my daughters age group a parent has somehow gotten the roster for 2013 and called all the girls on it minus a few including my own.The players are being told it is a TG team thing which seems wrong to me, I have heard of things like this ripping teams apart.

Go back to yj site and look at how nasty it got when 75 percent of a team went down to a MD tourament with the rest uninvited. All the ugly was played out on this website (jy thread), and they weren't even playing under a yj name. It would be very, very wrong for any TG "parent put together" team to enter as a TG team without inviting everyone on the roster. This would cause many hurt feelings and very much divide a team. I would imagine the directors at TG would not allow a partial parent team to enter anything using the TG team name. What I have seen and done is teams or small groups from a travel team form, enter under a different name, usually play up in age group. This still causes many hurt feeling for the uninvited, but at least it has nothing to do with the club name, as it shouldn't.

While I aggree with what you have said, I know of a team of 10 girls playing at Hofstra on Saturday who will call them selves TopGuns the parent coach who organized it only called the people he wanted, He didnt have an advanced copy of the roster, but his daugther has all the phone numbers of girls from last years teams phone and they all texted each other regarding who made what. the kids all know whos on what team. The bottom line is if you want your kid playing in these fall 7 v 7 tourneys you need to be proactive and find a team or make your own. the TG coaches are not going to be reaching out to you

What age group and who is the parent coach. Say if you know. If not perhaps you shouldnt say anything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And who is supposed to coach all of these teams with your plan?

Let's say you actually included everyone for this weekend ,with soccer etc. You probably would have gotten at most 16-18 kids ,so 2 teams.I would guarantee you could find at least 2 parent coaches who are willing and able.I would also guess you could ask SS and she could have provided one ie. a Hofstra player. Really not difficult at all.Believe it or not my kid is not one of the left out kids but I would be willing to bet if your kid did not get included you would have some hard feelings.Defend it all you want it is not the right thing to do to your fellow teammates and if you think your kid was selected because the parent / coach/ organizer thinks they are a top player you are probably mistaken. If the parent organizing the group did actually get the 2012-2013 roster already that would be another problem, all around sounds like a bad start to the new teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 Black is fielding a team for this weekend. They also played at Dowling this Sunday.

The top gun 2019 team did not play at Dowling last Sunday.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Special tournaments are just that. 7v7 4v4 9v9. How are you supposed to ask the hole team to play, with 20 to 25 kids on teams during summer, playing time is already an issue. Sure some parents will get their panties bunched but what els can be done.

Seriously not that difficult, ask the whole team then divide into what ever size team and number of teams is appropriate.Have seen it many times and only ends up dividing a team when all are not asked. Usually organized by some parent who thinks their kid is better then they are and is above playing with the kids they consider inferior players.I have no problem with a parent coach who asks a few kids from their travel team to play in a tournament especially when combined with kids not on the travel team ie supplementing their town team with friends from travel etc..

Seriously, a parent putting together a team should not have to ask the entire team if he/she doesn't want to. This is not a TG thing. If a parent chooses to put together a team good for them and they can ask whomever they want to. Stop all the freaking boo-hooing because your kid didn't get a call - my kid didn't either. However I also didn't go out and try to put together a team, therefore I'm not complaining. People need to grow up!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What is the answer here? Is there an off season?

Is there enough to make two teams and the organization steps in and says this is how you should do it.

What happens to the girls that want to play with their friends (some YJ some TG some BB some LBTY) and only needs a few more girls so they reach out to a few friends they made on the club team. It is a tough spot for all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Special tournaments are just that. 7v7 4v4 9v9. How are you supposed to ask the hole team to play, with 20 to 25 kids on teams during summer, playing time is already an issue. Sure some parents will get their panties bunched but what els can be done.

Seriously not that difficult, ask the whole team then divide into what ever size team and number of teams is appropriate.Have seen it many times and only ends up dividing a team when all are not asked. Usually organized by some parent who thinks their kid is better then they are and is above playing with the kids they consider inferior players.I have no problem with a parent coach who asks a few kids from their travel team to play in a tournament especially when combined with kids not on the travel team ie supplementing their town team with friends from travel etc..

What you said really doesn't make sense. A parent organizes a team to play in a 7v7 tournament, invites kids from their daughter's TG team. Probably the same parent that always steps-up and likely now dealing with putting down deposits, collecting money..... Somehow you think they should then have an obligation to organize for all the girls on the team who want to participate too...... Doesn't it make more sense for a second parent to step-up and arrange for a second team, one who atually will have a kid playing on the team?

No actually is does not make more sense because then you are competing against each other for the same players so it makes more sense to work together as if they play for the same team.Sounds like your kid got invited and now you think your something special, you seem to know way to much.Let me guess your select little group was going to call yourselves TG black and now you won't be able to ,I hope you and your new best friend have fun this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And who is supposed to coach all of these teams with your plan?

They should have a plan. Hurts when college kids are away now and SS is concerned about her college team. What is the plan for the Fall for these kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the past 2 years this tournament was aweful. All YJ teams beating the heck out of town teams, and the refs were YJ summer coaches. Save your money and enjoy a family weekend.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Bridge the Gap

Is there enough to make two teams and the organization steps in and says this is how you should do it.

What happens to the girls that want to play with their friends (some YJ some TG some BB some LBTY) and only needs a few more girls so they reach out to a few friends they made on the club team. It is a tough spot for all.

That is a different situation in my opinion, not an exclusively TG team and certainly not calling themselves TG

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are right, a parent can put together a team of whomever they choose. The one thing you forgot is that this will be terrible for team dynamics. I have seen it happen before. Some kids get calls to play and some kids do not. Some parents are fine with it and some{most} are not. Feelings get hurt and the team starts to break down. You can tell those parents to grow up, but you know they won't. For you to take that view is foolish. Good luck to you and your child who did not get a call. Oh, and by the way, since you don't mind your daughter being left out plan on her being left out a lot more. often.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
let me get this correct. there is a tg team. only some girls from this team were invited to play in a tournament, while others were not. oh boy. i would be pissed if my daughter was not invited. if she was invited and i knew some girls were not invited, there is no way she would be playing in that tournament. not cool. you could actually have some girls in the same class at school who are on the same team, but maybe only one got the "special" invite to play. oh yeah, that sounds like a great idea.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reason for these tournaments are fundraisers for the colleges. You put girls together, put the stick in their hands
and let them have some fun. Scores, who you play, who you beat mean absolutely nothing. Let them be kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOW ARE THEY PICKED? BEST KIDS OR FRIENDS OF THE COACH? IF BEST KIDS.. WHO DECIDES BEST KIDS? IF FRIENDS OF PARENT/COACH DO I NEED TO SUCK UP TO COACH TO GET MY DAUGHTER INVITED?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the past 2 years this tournament was aweful. All YJ teams beating the heck out of town teams, and the refs were YJ summer coaches. Save your money and enjoy a family weekend.

Your correct Hofstra tourney is terrible YJ does not even have on schedule anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
let me get this correct. there is a tg team. only some girls from this team were invited to play in a tournament, while others were not. oh boy. i would be pissed if my daughter was not invited. if she was invited and i knew some girls were not invited, there is no way she would be playing in that tournament. not cool. you could actually have some girls in the same class at school who are on the same team, but maybe only one got the "special" invite to play. oh yeah, that sounds like a great idea.

You're not correct. Not a TG event, not a TG team. Group of girls who play for TG, get organized and play in a 7v7 tourney...that's it...pretty simple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They played as MC19, but brought 2 town kids with them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids live in middle country district but play for different clubs. Isn't that nice they all get along and play for 2 rival clubs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're not correct. Not a TG event, not a TG team. Group of girls who play for TG, get organized and play in a 7v7 tourney...that's it...pretty simple.

I agree, tell the kids and their parents who were not picked to stop whining ,practice harder and maybe if your skills improve he will ask you to play next tournament.Every team is always going to have some kids that are more skilled ,these kids should be given the opportunity to improve and play with other kids of equal ability.Yes everyone thinks their own kid is one of the better players and when that kid does not get picked it can be an eye opener.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously why do you keep stating falsehoods.Try to at least get some facts correct.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Agree. People are making this all about drama when there isn't any. It's not a TG event, it's a Hofstra event. ANYONE can put together a team and play. If a parent or player is upset they weren't asked, then put together your own team and go have your own fun.

Furthermore I see nothing wrong with a parent who is coaching, along with his daughter, choose whom to ask to join them whether it's based on skill or friendship or both. Even in kindergarten you don't have to ask the whole class to your birthday party, you invite whom you want to invite and I don't see what's wrong with that. There's not one of us here who hasn't been left out of something at one time or another. It stings, we get over it and move on. That's life and we all have to learn to roll with the punches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of you seem to be missing the point.
Put a team together, invite whoever you want or whoever your daughter wants, who cares why they were chosen or where they came from. Make up some name, get matching shirts and pinneys and go enter tournaments. This is done all the time, some feelings get hurt, but that's life. The issue here is different, if your going to draw players from TG exclusivly, that's fine too. But don't call yourself a TG team and wear the TG uniform unless you invited every member on team. Don't use the rosters not out yet as an excuse, if you can't invite every last girl then its not a TG team and should not be entered as one or dressed like one. You can come on here and try to justify whatever your doing, whatever helps you get to sleep at night, but this concept should be pretty easy to understand for anyone with any moral values.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you saying that the other kids on the 2019 black team need to work harder so they can get an invite to play during the fall with a selected few?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You need to suck up to the coach/parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are those the guys that always fight with the refs and other coaches? The should play in the Pilgrim State tourney.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of you seem to be missing the point.
Put a team together, invite whoever you want or whoever your daughter wants, who cares why they were chosen or where they came from. Make up some name, get matching shirts and pinneys and go enter tournaments. This is done all the time, some feelings get hurt, but that's life. The issue here is different, if your going to draw players from TG exclusivly, that's fine too. But don't call yourself a TG team and wear the TG uniform unless you invited every member on team. Don't use the rosters not out yet as an excuse, if you can't invite every last girl then its not a TG team and should not be entered as one or dressed like one. You can come on here and try to justify whatever your doing, whatever helps you get to sleep at night, but this concept should be pretty easy to understand for anyone with any moral values.

Maybe Top Guns said it was ok and gave permission to wear uniforms - how do you know?? If they did then there is nothing wrong with it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed, if you want to represent Top Guns then the team should be comprised of these players and coached by a Top Gun representative, you can not have the best of both worlds, this coach shoud represent his team as their coach with "HIS" players! He shouldn't pick and choose in order to have a better chance at winning, because it seems like to this coach, winning is all that matters. The lax community is huge, but in retrospect it is rather small, because everyone knows everyone. This is what "brings home" resentment!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Bridge the Gap

That is a different situation in my opinion, not an exclusively TG team and certainly not calling themselves TG

Okay, then you are addressing that it isnt the second part where the only way it may work (without anyone getting hurt or upset) is when a parent grabs their child's friends to play from multiple teams (as long as a majority of a particular team is not included). IMHO unrealistic.

Imagine those posts, is so and so trying to make a new team??? is so and so not happy??? NO they just want their child to play with their friends or different girls they've met along the way.

But what happens when someone grabs a majority from any existing team, to play (be it travel or town) should they let it be known to the entire team what they're doing. (or just understand you slighted and perhaps divided your team and parents... which they probably knew already, since noone was born yesterday)

Get real, those that split up teams without notifications dont care about anyone, they are piking who they feel comfortable with at the time - if you werent picked get over it. (but dont forget it... they are still so young and there will be plenty of more times this will happen.... to them and you).

BUT understand those coaches that notify a team as a whole that the team has been split for a particular game due to roster limits has a heart and probably lost sleep over it. Be thankful they notified you, but dont press them, their reasoning probably doesn't fit your impressions.

Just understand no matter how it is spun (whether it happens to you or someone you know) someone will always be hurt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People have to make their own decisions ,if the parent feels what he is doing is okay and good for the team then so be it.If the parents of the special select few are good with it and do not feel as if they are leaving kids out then that is okay for them.To the kids who were not picked to play on this special team I would say remember how it feels and keep that in mind when you are picked but others are left out.To the parents who were picked, when your kid is left out remember you had no problem with it when they were included.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Agree. People are making this all about drama when there isn't any. It's not a TG event, it's a Hofstra event. ANYONE can put together a team and play. If a parent or player is upset they weren't asked, then put together your own team and go have your own fun.

Furthermore I see nothing wrong with a parent who is coaching, along with his daughter, choose whom to ask to join them whether it's based on skill or friendship or both. Even in kindergarten you don't have to ask the whole class to your birthday party, you invite whom you want to invite and I don't see what's wrong with that. There's not one of us here who hasn't been left out of something at one time or another. It stings, we get over it and move on. That's life and we all have to learn to roll with the punches.

Really, I know in my district if you do not invite the entire class you cannot distribute the invites at school. Why? Because it is the right thing to do, it is the moral thing to do.

Sure anyone can make up any team with any player, Just know you may be tearing up a something before it starts.

Yes it is life and it stinks, but why cant we as adults come up with a better way. Isnt that our job as parents!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely! well said. HS teams do it as well...wear school colors and everything! Roster 10 kids, are we supposed to poll all 1000 HS kids or coach's daughter and her friends???

Powder, what Fall Tournys are TG doing this year??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People have to make their own decisions ,if the parent feels what he is doing is okay and good for the team then so be it.If the parents of the special select few are good with it and do not feel as if they are leaving kids out then that is okay for them.To the kids who were not picked to play on this special team I would say remember how it feels and keep that in mind when you are picked but others are left out.To the parents who were picked, when your kid is left out remember you had no problem with it when they were included.

You said it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the guy from MC stacks a team with kids from TG 2019 Black and throws in 2 from his town team so he can say that it's not a true TG team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the guy from MC stacks a team with kids from TG 2019 Black and throws in 2 from his town team so he can say that it's not a true TG team?

If that's what he did, he took a page out of the YJ book smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The MC coach, if playing in a tournament as MC19, should use his MC girls as this is what he is representing, if he is entering a tournament as TG black then he should let a TG coach represent a TG team, two different entities......lets be fair, it is not a town team anymore when you are taking girls from all over to represent MC.......creates alot of animosity and it is not the right thing to do

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think evryone who trys out for Topguns should make the black team ( we wouldn"t wnat to hurt anyones feelings), everyone should get a trophy and an Ice cream too!
The older these girls get the more cut throat its gonna get (just like real life)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop the whining already. I believe the MC 2019 group is comprised of many kids that happen to play Top Gun. Does that mean they can not play outside of Top Guns as a town team and invite a few other travel players? The team was far from being "stacked". I believe only half of the MC squad that day was from Top Guns. I'm sure the MC group enjoyed a fun day of lacrosse - good for them!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop the whining already. I believe the MC 2019 group is comprised of many kids that happen to play Top Gun. Does that mean they can not play outside of Top Guns as a town team and invite a few other travel players? The team was far from being "stacked". I believe only half of the MC squad that day was from Top Guns. I'm sure the MC group enjoyed a fun day of lacrosse - good for them!

You people are all mental,the MC 19 team had kids from YJ TG and town team, so what.They were in no way stacked ,matter of fact they were a descent 2019 team but would not have been competitive with TG black or YJ blue, so calm down.Who cares what they call themselves ,maybe they are in to rap music and the mc did not even stand for middle country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think evryone who trys out for Topguns should make the black team ( we wouldn"t wnat to hurt anyones feelings), everyone should get a trophy and an Ice cream too!
The older these girls get the more cut throat its gonna get (just like real life)

Wow that sounds like a ringing endorsement of the program.What happened to the we are nothing like YJ sounds Koreans more like YJ every day.

Like Reply Quote
Page 34 of 220 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard