BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts388,038
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 69 of 70 1 2 67 68 69 70
Re: Boys 2023-5th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any word on how the S2S tryouts went? Good talent?

Some surprising helmets there last night - should be interesting...

Really must suck for the kids that left their old teams to start S2S. They were a good team. Now some of those kids will be bumped for better players. Rule #1: No team will ever be loyal to your child.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do your research cupcake. I guess you are one of those fools who think the price of a team = talent. LOl I have a bridge I want to sell you. My kid will be fine as he comes from a good lax family which consists of D1 national Champs and Pro players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do your research cupcake. I guess you are one of those fools who think the price of a team = talent. LOl I have a bridge I want to sell you. My kid will be fine as he comes from a good lax family which consists of D1 national Champs and Pro players.

Oh, my bad. Sorry.. I didn't mean to offend you, Mr. Gait. Lol! You're kidding yourself!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is BM ?

Former Express coach and nut-job.

BM has no interest in coaching. But if he did, and you want your kid to improve, he should be playing for him The guy puts in countless hours with the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really must suck for the kids that left their old teams to start S2S. They were a good team. Now some of those kids will be bumped for better players. Rule #1: No team will ever be loyal to your child.

I thought S2S was started to keep the Manhasset kids together? And now they're having tryouts to replace them?? Doesn't add up.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought S2S was started to keep the Manhasset kids together? And now they're having tryouts to replace them?? Doesn't add up.

What's helmets were you seeing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for a travel club to try out for, live on the south shore. My son is an above average player. Any suggestions, best 5 clubs?

Hitmen
Bengals
Recon
Sharks
Bluefish

Anyother teams worth mentioning, even for a more of a developmental team.
Do the Bengals even have a 2023 team? Beside the Hitmen, are there any other longer standing clubs in the nassau or nassau/suffolk boarder. The other teamside listed all seem to be brand new teams/clubs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's helmets were you seeing?

It's all about the $$$$.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And now they're having tryouts to replace them?? Doesn't add up. [/quote]

There was not a tryout - just a practice with friends...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
s2s need to take the better players how are they going to be able to compete

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bengals may have that age group this year but they are only 2 years old as a program and from what I know only had 1 boys team last year which was mostly Wantagh PAL players that weren't on the tribe.

Recon has been around longer than Hitmen, not sure how long their 2023 has been together but as a program they've been around the longest from that list. But they are in the Plainview area.

Hitmen the team you mentioned is more South Shore in the Wantagh, Seaford, Merrick, Bellmore, Levittown area. So it depends how close you are to either of these programs in terms of travel for practices.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No worries sweet pea. Go sit in the parking lot with all the other drunk dads and talk about the good old days. Don't forget to wear your varsity jacket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for a travel club to try out for, live on the south shore. My son is an above average player. Any suggestions, best 5 clubs?

Hitmen
Bengals
Recon
Sharks
Bluefish

Do the Bengals even have a 2023 team? Beside the Hitmen, are there any other longer standing clubs in the nassau or nassau/suffolk boarder. The other teamside listed all seem to be brand new teams/clubs

Say what you want about the organization, but express white has a good guy that did wonders from the fall to the summer. Wasn't competitive in a lot of games, but he taught them well. Bigger question rk is what that organization chooses as a priority this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Bengals may have that age group this year but they are only 2 years old as a program and from what I know only had 1 boys team last year which was mostly Wantagh PAL players that weren't on the tribe.

Recon has been around longer than Hitmen, not sure how long their 2023 has been together but as a program they've been around the longest from that list. But they are in the Plainview area.

Hitmen the team you mentioned is more South Shore in the Wantagh, Seaford, Merrick, Bellmore, Levittown area. So it depends how close you are to either of these programs in terms of travel for

No bengals team team this age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And now they're having tryouts to replace them?? Doesn't add up.

There was not a tryout - just a practice with friends... [/quote]

Practice with friends.....are you buying that BS?? S2S is goingoing to have to have a tryout eventually. If it isn't this year it will happen next year. The RVC kids will get the boot first. To stay competitive with the "A" teams they will need the best of the best. They don't have that in all spots now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hitmen
Bengals
Recon
Sharks
Bluefish

Say what you want about the organization, but express white has a good guy that did wonders from the fall to the summer. Wasn't competitive in a lot of games, but he taught them well. Bigger question rk is what that organization chooses as a priority this year.

The coach is a decent guy but the improvement came from kids that got put on the B team with 30+ asking to be moved because they never played! Is MC was smarter he would have evened out that team and actually cut kids instead of being a greedy SOB

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And now they're having tryouts to replace them?? Doesn't add up.

There was not a tryout - just a practice with friends...

Practice with friends.....are you buying that BS?? S2S is goingoing to have to have a tryout eventually. If it isn't this year it will happen next year. The RVC kids will get the boot first. To stay competitive with the "A" teams they will need the best of the best. They don't have that in all spots now. [/quote]

They fed a plateful of lies and you all ate it up. They did have tryouts. Unfortunately, they can't attract better players than they gave now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hitmen
Bengals
Recon
Sharks
Bluefish

The coach is a decent guy but the improvement came from kids that got put on the B team with 30+ asking to be moved because they never played! Is MC was smarter he would have evened out that team and actually cut kids instead of being a greedy SOB

Yes, was done all wrong and to make more $. Wonder if they will do it again. I'd like to think parents wouldn't fall for it again, myself included. A lot of money to pay for an obvious cash cow. Frankly a lot of bad lacrosse played but I thought everyone improved. Good kids and mostly good parents. I left it up to my son and he wants to tryout again. Let's see what the organization does and that will help us make up or minds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hitmen
Bengals
Recon
Sharks
Bluefish

Yes, was done all wrong and to make more $. Wonder if they will do it again. I'd like to think parents wouldn't fall for it again, myself included. A lot of money to pay for an obvious cash cow. Frankly a lot of bad lacrosse played but I thought everyone improved. Good kids and mostly good parents. I left it up to my son and he wants to tryout again. Let's see what the organization does and that will help us make up or minds.

Why would you subject yourself to that again? It's a known fact Express is nothing more than a money [lacrosse] that exploits parents at the expense of young kids. They do it at every grade. Go to another club where your kids will get the attention they deserve snd need. Channy puts his name
On every team and brings 25-30 kids to games. It's ridiculous. He could care less.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do the Bengals even have a 2023 team? Beside the Hitmen, are there any other longer standing clubs in the nassau or nassau/suffolk boarder. The other teamside listed all seem to be brand new teams/clubs[/quote]

Say what you want about the organization, but express white has a good guy that did wonders from the fall to the summer. Wasn't competitive in a lot of games, but he taught them well. Bigger question rk is what that organization chooses as a priority this year. [/quote]

The coach is a decent guy but the improvement came from kids that got put on the B team with 30+ asking to be moved because they never played! Is MC was smarter he would have evened out that team and actually cut kids instead of being a greedy SOB[/quote]

Yes, was done all wrong and to make more $. Wonder if they will do it again. I'd like to think parents wouldn't fall for it again, myself included. A lot of money to pay for an obvious cash cow. Frankly a lot of bad lacrosse played but I thought everyone improved. Good kids and mostly good parents. I left it up to my son and he wants to tryout again. Let's see what the organization does and that will help us make up or minds.[/quote]

Why would you subject yourself to that again? It's a known fact Express is nothing more than a money [lacrosse] that exploits parents at the expense of young kids. They do it at every grade. Go to another club where your kids will get the attention they deserve snd need. Channy puts his name
On every team and brings 25-30 kids to games. It's ridiculous. He could care less. [/quote]

I agree about the comments about thr org. However, my son did improve and had fun. For the most part we will leave the decision up to him, with our advice. He's a smart kid. His skills level also not high so I have to be realistic about what teams he can make. But if it is evident the same b.s. will happen again I will just tell him no to that team. Such a shame we can't let our kids who play choose where they want to play based on lacrosse alone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's face it any team that has more than 20 kids on it with two goalies is a money grab. For the life of me I can't figure it out why anyone from a boys program would spend the amounts of $ on a team where they have more than two lines. It is insane to subject your kid to that. Look elsewhere or demand that rosters stay at 20 or less.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's face it any team that has more than 20 kids on it with two goalies is a money grab. For the life of me I can't figure it out why anyone from a boys program would spend the amounts of $ on a team where they have more than two lines. It is insane to subject your kid to that. Look elsewhere or demand that rosters stay at 20 or less.

Agree 100%. 22 should be that absolute most. Any more kids only get to play very little of the game and it's not far to them. Get a roster doesnt really help bc team will bring kids on after tryout and mid season to play. Teams shouldn't do that, but again it's about the money and connections. My theory is, if a club did it once to you, they will do it again. Hard to take most of these club owners and coaches at there word when things like that happen. Seeing team with 25-30 kids on the sideline is sad, b.C most of the kids, whether there studs or not, want to play more then 2 min in a 40 min game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are so right ,mydpn was on a team with 30 kids and only the 4 supper stars got to play more than 2-3 minutes .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6-7 middies, 5 attack, 5 defense, 2 goalies would be ideal, I think. With those numbers, everyone plays. For the most part, if a team carries 3 full middie lines, middies 7-9 don't see the field unless they're d-mids anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Start up teams take who they can get for first season. If a player leaves after that, then that's on them. Coaches and kids want to be competitive, so you go out and fill the holes. No surprises. NO one knows what goes on behind the scenes and how much time and effort goes into building a program. (I am not a coach) If a program is cheating, that's not right, but bashing a program based on speculation is not healthy. A lot of the club programs issues stem directly from US Lacrosse. Face it, they need to get a handle on things.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Start up teams take who they can get for first season. If a player leaves after that, then that's on them. Coaches and kids want to be competitive, so you go out and fill the holes. No surprises. NO one knows what goes on behind the scenes and how much time and effort goes into building a program. (I am not a coach) If a program is cheating, that's not right, but bashing a program based on speculation is not healthy. A lot of the club programs issues stem directly from US Lacrosse. Face it, they need to get a handle on things.

Do you have a kid that plays on a travel team??? The money grab is fairly common. You have to pay to try out for God sake. That in and of itself is a money grab!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you have a kid that plays on a travel team??? The money grab is fairly common. You have to pay to try out for God sake. That in and of itself is a money grab!!

Even worse is this new "pre-tryout" workout that Express charged $150 for. Joke. Channy is an AH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So according to latest Outlaw message, 2023 black already changed a coach that from what was originally told to us only a week ago. One of the new coaches is the coach that quit the 2023 select team after a month. He couldn't handle coaching two teams and his high school team. So now he will have the time or will he never show up like he did With select. He is listed as the 2018 coach also. New year same old BS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First year doing travel. My kid is a goalie. I would say solid B/B+ skill level. Thoughts on teams that actually put time into their goalies? Looking to continue to develop his skills.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That coach is NOT with 2023 Black(Was re sent out after)
What other club has posted every coach for coming season?
Keep complaining - Guess nothing better going on in your life

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For goalies try to get on a team that plays the highest level of competition. AA completion shots are faster and more accurate. A level below that and B level and below shots are softer and less accurate and many times right at the goale. Goalies are better off on a lower level AA team or an A team that plays AA teams too where he will see a lot of shots. I have seen many young goalies playing on the best teams not see shots in the younger years and by 7 or 8 grade they are on B teams. To see which teams give goalie training you have to look at the web sites. I think the cold spring harbor located team we are not allowed to mention here and the starts with an F has goalie training. You are much better off getting personal one on one rather than trust any club with training a goalie.

First year doing travel. My kid is a goalie. I would say solid B/B+ skill level. Thoughts on teams that actually put time into their goalies? Looking to continue to develop his skills.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For goalies try to get on a team that plays the highest level of competition. AA completion shots are faster and more accurate. A level below that and B level and below shots are softer and less accurate and many times right at the goale. Goalies are better off on a lower level AA team or an A team that plays AA teams too where he will see a lot of shots. I have seen many young goalies playing on the best teams not see shots in the younger years and by 7 or 8 grade they are on B teams. To see which teams give goalie training you have to look at the web sites. I think the cold spring harbor located team we are not allowed to mention here and the starts with an F has goalie training. You are much better off getting personal one on one rather than trust any club with training a goalie.

It's not about the level of the team. Your kid will get better from the coaching and training.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is speculating anything? All you have to do is look at the sideline of any tournements and you can see 15 kids sitting, and that not right for a new program or not. Its not that kids are.leavin and holes are being filled, if the roster starts at 20 kids in the fall, and by the summer you have 26, something is up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Early prediction for Top 3 teams 2016/2017 ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Early prediction for Top 3 teams 2016/2017 ?

For the love of God. Get a life! Are u a HB parent? A Bandits parent? Feel free to answer yourself and put little Johnny's team on the list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express
Igloo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard from a very reliable source that HB Express is not going to change the team at all. Such BS. Alot of coaches favorite relationships on that team. Was told Don't waste your money on tryouts. Plenty of equally good clubs out there and with some of the coaching changes like with Igloo; those other clubs will be building great competitive teams where your son will be in at the ground floor.

Outlaws
Legacy
Bluefish
Empire

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reliable source!!! Lol. I heard that 5 new kids are coming to the HB'ers and they are already hand picked so I agree not wasting your money. Igloo still doesn't have a head coach? Why so long? Money grab before the new coach comes in with his players? A lot of rotten things going on over there!!!! Why do these programs keep losing coaches? Never a good sign

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is going to be head coach for igloo?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reliable source!!! Lol. I heard that 5 new kids are coming to the HB'ers and they are already hand picked so I agree not wasting your money. Igloo still doesn't have a head coach? Why so long? Money grab before the new coach comes in with his players? A lot of rotten things going on over there!!!! Why do these programs keep losing coaches? Never a good sign

The team has 22 kids to begin with and nobody is leaving so maybe Channy will add 5 to make it a 27 kid roster. Bad situation but typical Express move.

Page 69 of 70 1 2 67 68 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard