BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 184 of 220 1 2 182 183 184 185 186 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
my daughters team ran 6 attack, 6 middies, 6 defenders & 2 goalies

Lucky you. My daughters team ran 11 attack, 8 middies, 4 defense and 2 goalies. Season was a total waste.

Here's my thought on rosters size. Carry too many people complain. Carry too few and you screw yourself. Anything under 21-22 is no good. My daughter had 19 and at 2 tournaments we had no subs. People blow off tournaments for other sports, vacation, Aunt Gertrude's birthday party whatever. I can't understand how you spend all this money and don't care. And screw the other girls in the process because they are dying in 90 degree heat!

Because Aunt Gertrude turns 90 only once and she may not be here next year. In my book, family first!

I agree but we are in the minority

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my daughters team ran 6 attack, 6 middies, 6 defenders & 2 goalies

Lucky you. My daughters team ran 11 attack, 8 middies, 4 defense and 2 goalies. Season was a total waste.

What position does your daughter play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]my daughters team ran 6 attack, 6 middies, 6 defenders & 2 goalies

What team is only running 4 D?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]my daughters team ran 6 attack, 6 middies, 6 defenders & 2 goalies

2018 purple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2018 purple

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2018 purple

Team had way too many girls. What made it worse was the disparity at all positions. There were a number of girls that could have been moved to defense. Committed middie should have been in the defensive rotation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are all the "haters" that said the 2020 Black team had no talent and would not win at all this summer? The silence speaks volumes. Please could we have some "experts" weigh in? LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are all the "haters" that said the 2020 Black team had no talent and would not win at all this summer? The silence speaks volumes. Please could we have some "experts" weigh in? LOL

Team had a good summer but really didn't have much competition. That is something out of their control. You can only play the teams you are scheduled to play. I guess the "Haters" wanted to see them play YJ 2020 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tell us any good team that you beat . Yes you are a descent B level team which is the tournaments you played in . The reason no one is talking about you is your team is essentially not relevant .,

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

2018 purple

Team had way too many girls. What made it worse was the disparity at all positions. There were a number of girls that could have been moved to defense. Committed middie should have been in the defensive rotation.

So are you saying that defensive players are the leftovers from offense?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]my daughters team ran 6 attack, 6 middies, 6 defenders & 2 goalies

2018 purple

So are you saying that defensive players are the leftovers from offense? [/quote

No, the defenders are the only true defenders on the team. Team was put together without regards to balance at all positions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]my daughters team ran 6 attack, 6 middies, 6 defenders & 2 goalies

2018 purple

So are you saying that defensive players are the leftovers from offense? [/quote

No, the defenders are the only true defenders on the team. Team was put together without regards to balance at all positions.

The team was put together when the white team folded. At that time they had to choose to cut the white kids that remained or give them an opportunity to play and be recruited. In hindsight maybe they should have cut the white team kids and moved on.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

2018 purple

Got it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
White team didn't fold. Both white and purple lost a significant amount of girls so they were forced to combine for one team. White girls that remained were better than the purple girls that remained this season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team had a good summer but really didn't have much competition. That is something out of their control. You can only play the teams you are scheduled to play. I guess the "Haters" wanted to see them play YJ 2020 team.

M&D, Hero's, Integrity? Oh wait you did play Hero's and lost by double digits. that was the only "A" bracket team you played and you were embarrassed. Start by beating Liberty and Legacy and then you can work your way up to YJ and MD teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same with 2017, half of purple girls left so they combined white and purple. Played in the lowest division all summer, and still lost most games. Glad it's over, future younger players should consider playing for an organization that returns phone calls and assists in the recruiting process.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D, Hero's, Integrity? Oh wait you did play Hero's and lost by double digits. that was the only "A" bracket team you played and you were embarrassed. Start by beating Liberty and Legacy and then you can work your way up to YJ and MD teams

Did you really only play 1 A level club and get spanked then come on here to brag about it. The team is no longer considered a top team by any other team .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same with 2017, half of purple girls left so they combined white and purple. Played in the lowest division all summer, and still lost most games. Glad it's over, future younger players should consider playing for an organization that returns phone calls and assists in the recruiting process.

That's what 2018 purple has to look forward to next year. Sad that a lot of 17s are still uncommitted. They are getting no help from this program. You have to do everything yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no shame in losing to the Integrity 20's. They are a very good team. Strong "A" team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's exactly what people said the 2020 team would become and that is non competitive against mid level A teams . When losing by double digits becomes the expected outcome you really cannot say you are an A level team anymore . Its gotten to the point for this club that they are essentially what the beach bums were several years back .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's exactly what people said the 2020 team would become and that is non competitive against mid level A teams . When losing by double digits becomes the expected outcome you really cannot say you are an A level team anymore . Its gotten to the point for this club that they are essentially what the beach bums were several years back .

I definitely would not consider Integrity a mid-evel A team by any stretch of the imagination. They're much, much closer to high-level than mid-level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a sad individual you are so consumed by a 13/14 year old girls lacrosse team. Your hatred runs deep so your daughter must have played on this team at some point. It really wouldn't be too hard to figure out who you are. Are they the best team on Long Island? Probably not. Did they have a great summer? Yes they did. Obviously you know about every game they played. Your wife and daughter must be so proud of you knowing that you just can't let go and spend more time thinking and obsessing about this team than you do about them. Please seek out a god counselor so you can work out some of your issues. Let me ask you one question if 2020 Black is so terrible why do you worry about them so much?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]That's exactly what people said the 2020 team would become and that is non competitive against mid level A teams . When losing by double digits becomes the expected outcome you really cannot say you are an A level team anymore . Its gotten to the point for this club that they are essentially what the beach bums were several years back .

What a sad individual you are so consumed by a 13/14 year old girls lacrosse team. Your hatred runs deep so your daughter must have played on this team at some point. It really wouldn't be too hard to figure out who you are. Are they the best team on Long Island? Probably not. Did they have a great summer? Yes they did. Obviously you know about every game they played. Your wife and daughter must be so proud of you knowing that you just can't let go and spend more time thinking and obsessing about this team than you do about them. Please seek out a god counselor so you can work out some of your issues. Let me ask you one question if 2020 Black is so terrible why do you worry about them so much? [/quote

That's what's so funny , I spend no time worrying about them . First some moron like you comes on this site declaring they had a great summer, then you actually act as if there is any chance they are the best team in their age on Long Island . The answer for you slow people does not have a probably at all . No one would know you got crushed by Integrity if you did not come on here declaring how great your team is . Your team us not even top 5 in the age group on Long Island , is what it is . Maybe next summer you will keep heading in the same direction and lose to beach bums.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]That's exactly what people said the 2020 team would become and that is non competitive against mid level A teams . When losing by double digits becomes the expected outcome you really cannot say you are an A level team anymore . Its gotten to the point for this club that they are essentially what the beach bums were several years back .

What a sad individual you are so consumed by a 13/14 year old girls lacrosse team. Your hatred runs deep so your daughter must have played on this team at some point. It really wouldn't be too hard to figure out who you are. Are they the best team on Long Island? Probably not. Did they have a great summer? Yes they did. Obviously you know about every game they played. Your wife and daughter must be so proud of you knowing that you just can't let go and spend more time thinking and obsessing about this team than you do about them. Please seek out a god counselor so you can work out some of your issues. Let me ask you one question if 2020 Black is so terrible why do you worry about them so much? [/quote

That's what's so funny , I spend no time worrying about them . First some moron like you comes on this site declaring they had a great summer, then you actually act as if there is any chance they are the best team in their age on Long Island . The answer for you slow people does not have a probably at all . No one would know you got crushed by Integrity if you did not come on here declaring how great your team is . Your team us not even top 5 in the age group on Long Island , is what it is . Maybe next summer you will keep heading in the same direction and lose to beach bums.

I had nothing to do with the other post. You are the one with a problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the 2023 team? How is the coaching and talent? Did they play any top competition this summer? Has the team been pretty stable over the last couple years, or will there be a lot of movement? Thinking of having my daughter try out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the 2023 team? How is the coaching and talent? Did they play any top competition this summer? Has the team been pretty stable over the last couple years, or will there be a lot of movement? Thinking of having my daughter try out.

Not sure they have been around for a "couple of years" they are only 2023's..lol
They play an average schedule, you will never play a tough Maryland team, and you will never play YJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure they have been around for a "couple of years" they are only 2023's..lol
They play an average schedule, you will never play a tough Maryland team, and you will never play YJ.

they played and beat YJ at the Shamrock Shootout

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Wantagh Dad!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No horse in this race, but 2023 in a March tourn that parents arrange is different. The clubs will never be in the same "in season" tournaments. You may play in these types of tournaments that parents enter the teams in, but there will always be "we didn't have our whole team" or "we never played together" types of excuses and scenarios.

No horse in this race, just saying you will play an average schedule as a club (that is schedule by your club). You will rarely (at least not until 8-9th grade see any real quality Maryland teams), you will possibly play TLC which is a pretty good Maryland team, but that's about it. If there are two championship flights in a tournament you will always be in the weaker of the two.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are going to say the team had a great summer and consider your team to be an A level team then let's hear a good team that you actually beat . You open yourself up to criticism when other teams have played an actual tough schedule . How many times did you play YJ , MD, Heroes, Integrity top teams and how many many times did you beat them . I find it comical that you went to the US lacrosse nationals but managed to avoid playing YJ 2020 . Why play up if you have zero chance at winning .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I definitely would not consider Integrity a mid-evel A team by any stretch of the imagination. They're much, much closer to high-level than mid-level.

Did I miss where someone insulted Integrity? Why do you keep posting that they are a high level A team? They were included with M&D and YJ as teams TG didn't play this year. Integrity didn't beat either of those teams either, so by posting you are bringing light to the fact the Integrity is in same boat as TG with the exception of one win over Heros.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do people judge an organization based on limited data from only one age group?

Top Guns 2022 Black beat top teams from Elevate, Express, Legacy, and Igloo by more than 5 goals each this summer. They also beat Liberty in OT. They didn't play YJ, so from this data, they are better than all of the the other LI teams that they played. Would've been interesting to see them play YJ. In Maryland, this age group lost to Hero's Green by a few goals for those who will question how they did there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are going to say the team had a great summer and consider your team to be an A level team then let's hear a good team that you actually beat . You open yourself up to criticism when other teams have played an actual tough schedule . How many times did you play YJ , MD, Heroes, Integrity top teams and how many many times did you beat them . I find it comical that you went to the US lacrosse nationals but managed to avoid playing YJ 2020 . Why play up if you have zero chance at winning .

They didn't play YJ 202 in Indianapolis because they played up in the U15 division not U 14

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2020 had a great season they don't have to explain to you who they played or didn't play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have girls in TG our calls have been returned since day one and I have had my emails returned. were you trying to call them at a very busy time of the year and sometimes calls slip between the cracks or are you just an annoying lady worthy of avoidance?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have girls in TG our calls have been returned since day one and I have had my emails returned. were you trying to call them at a very busy time of the year and sometimes calls slip between the cracks or are you just an annoying lady worthy of avoidance?

What town are you from? That makes a difference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG 2023 beat the Yellow jackets in March. TG 23 won the National Draw and several other tournaments. TG 23 is very well coached by two dedicated and knowledgeable coaches.

TG 2022 has played and beaten Liberty twice past two years. This year it was a close game but TG 22 still got the win. Then TG 22 played and destroyed Elevate the past two years. Then they played and destroyed Legacy every time they played the past two years. TG 22 have beaten every other LI team by double digits every game they have played. Seriously they are a great group of girls with outstanding coaches. They lost to Hero's Green by four in the first tournament of the season, when Hero's had already had finished a spring league. Heros is an incredible team.

TG 22 and YJ 22 would be a close game which could go either way. other than TG and YJ no one else on Long Island has a chance of competing against the MD teams which are an elite group. whoever out TG 22 and 23 in same category as Beach Bums does not have a clue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NO it does not. you dont know what you are talking about

you daughter probably was not good enough or you were too annoying

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG 2023 beat the Yellow jackets in March. TG 23 won the National Draw and several other tournaments. TG 23 is very well coached by two dedicated and knowledgeable coaches.

TG 2022 has played and beaten Liberty twice past two years. This year it was a close game but TG 22 still got the win. Then TG 22 played and destroyed Elevate the past two years. Then they played and destroyed Legacy every time they played the past two years. TG 22 have beaten every other LI team by double digits every game they have played. Seriously they are a great group of girls with outstanding coaches. They lost to Hero's Green by four in the first tournament of the season, when Hero's had already had finished a spring league. Heros is an incredible team.

TG 22 and YJ 22 would be a close game which could go either way. other than TG and YJ no one else on Long Island has a chance of competing against the MD teams which are an elite group. whoever out TG 22 and 23 in same category as Beach Bums does not have a clue.

Great news. Maybe this year TG 22 will play the top MD teams and we'll see how good they really are

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They didn't play YJ 202 in Indianapolis because they played up in the U15 division not U 14

That's what's so funny , why play up ? Your team is not good so either you have kids that are too old or you were avoiding a beat down at the hands of integrity or YJ , either way it's an embarrassment . TG 2020 is B level at best , have not beaten an A level team in years , actually have not played an A level team in years without getting spanked by double digits . That said I have to agree with the talent level on that team that is a great summer .

Like Reply Quote
Page 184 of 220 1 2 182 183 184 185 186 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard