BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Annapolis Hawks
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,881
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 73 of 77 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U must be a 91 Director...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's easy to see that many parents of starters are writing their Syo defense of a coach who has shamelessly belittled and ridiculed his players over the course of many years. As a parent of a lacrosse alumni, I couldn't wait to leave (neither could my son). It is a shame that a sport that my son loved was robbed from him by this man. He lies, he deflates, chastises, and demoralizes even his best players. What is sad is that the parents of those boys that feel the brunt of his narcissism and tirades do not find it as easy to get up to a podium to voice their mistrust of JC. They and their boys know what it will mean for them-blacklisted, banished from play time, made fun of, etc. As all of you proponents suckle the teet of JC and his alleged promise of recruitment help, etc, etc. know there is an equal amount of us who will call and write to the board and administration praising them on this long awaited decision.

Thank you- So well said that you took the words out of a lot of our mouths . Unfortunately the people who blindly support him no matter what goes on will never see it our way and understand that we would love to be able to voice our opinions but would never do it because we are protecting our sons . Not being anonymous bc we r cowards but in order to protect the people who are most vulnerable and who just want to play the game they love . We have felt all of those things that you stated for many years but would never go to administration, an AD or JC himself bc that's just not who we are and we knew things would only be worse for our son so we never could . And we had a kid who got decent playing time , can't imagine if he didn't how miserable it would have been. Somewhere along the line JC became bigger than the program and the kids involved and that's where I think he lost focus in what was important which is a shame bc I think he loves the program more than anyone they will ever find to replace him . And his year round commitment and time put in may never be matched . Obviously there are very mixed feelings over this whole situation , don't know what the solution would be.
Can't say I don't like the guy and can't say I love him, depends on the day and the situation . In a perfect world would want him to stay on but with some major changes - less favoritism to the influencial parents /kids would be a start and realizing here's there bc of the kids would be a good next step

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SWR - Sayville- Syosett. All good programs, where are those comments about the lower their teams that could compete if they had these coaches. But instead have lame A$$ ADs and one or two coaches who probably should be retired.

Careful what you wish for.

And for those of you who think anyone would raise a voice these kids want to play next level, parents and players alike ar smart, no one wants to be a whistle blower

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sound like Syosset needs an intramural lax program for all those that love the game but do not want to invest the time and effort needed to participate in a program ranked in the top 25 in the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trashing a coach anonymously on BOTC shows complete lack of character.

Maybe you should stop taking your son's word for what goes on at practice and anonymously watch a practice to see for your self what goes on. You may be surprised what you see.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's easy to see that many parents of starters are writing their Syo defense of a coach who has shamelessly belittled and ridiculed his players over the course of many years. As a parent of a lacrosse alumni, I couldn't wait to leave (neither could my son). It is a shame that a sport that my son loved was robbed from him by this man. He lies, he deflates, chastises, and demoralizes even his best players. What is sad is that the parents of those boys that feel the brunt of his narcissism and tirades do not find it as easy to get up to a podium to voice their mistrust of JC. They and their boys know what it will mean for them-blacklisted, banished from play time, made fun of, etc. As all of you proponents suckle the teet of JC and his alleged promise of recruitment help, etc, etc. know there is an equal amount of us who will call and write to the board and administration praising them on this long awaited decision.

Thank you- So well said that you took the words out of a lot of our mouths . Unfortunately the people who blindly support him no matter what goes on will never see it our way and understand that we would love to be able to voice our opinions but would never do it because we are protecting our sons . Not being anonymous bc we r cowards but in order to protect the people who are most vulnerable and who just want to play the game they love . We have felt all of those things that you stated for many years but would never go to administration, an AD or JC himself bc that's just not who we are and we knew things would only be worse for our son so we never could . And we had a kid who got decent playing time , can't imagine if he didn't how miserable it would have been. Somewhere along the line JC became bigger than the program and the kids involved and that's where I think he lost focus in what was important which is a shame bc I think he loves the program more than anyone they will ever find to replace him . And his year round commitment and time put in may never be matched . Obviously there are very mixed feelings over this whole situation , don't know what the solution would be.
Can't say I don't like the guy and can't say I love him, depends on the day and the situation . In a perfect world would want him to stay on but with some major changes - less favoritism to the influencial parents /kids would be a start and realizing here's there bc of the kids would be a good next step

Drop the mic.... unbelievably thoughtful and accurate post, I would bet that the majority of people feel closer to your opinions than the lovers or the haters. No matter who they replace him with he will not be as dedicated and that could be good or bad, he wount be as emotional and that could be good or bad - he will not be as good at helping kids get recruited or make post season honors and that could be good or bad. I hope they make a decision soon and i hope that the decision is with the kids best interest at heart not the few vocal parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sound like Syosset needs an intramural lax program for all those that love the game but do not want to invest the time and effort needed to participate in a program ranked in the top 25 in the country.

Exactly, and that intramural program can be coached by the kid on the board of ed that didn't quite like his experience as a Syosset high school student and now wants to ruin it for the coach, and unfortunately kids as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any kid with the skills, drive and desire to play at the next level likely has no problem with Syo coaching.

Every year there are at least 10 kids on the Syo varsity team that can barely catch and throw the ball. Are these the kids that love the game and want to play at the next level? Well at another HS these kids would likely be cut from the varsity team. So what's better if you love the game? Being completely shut out from the team or participating, and contributing in some way with an opportunity to improve your skills?

Ask you kid what he prefers? After all, this is about the kids right? Not the vanity and ego of the parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly, and that intramural program can be coached by the kid on the board of ed that didn't quite like his experience as a Syosset high school student and now wants to ruin it for the coach, and unfortunately kids as well.

---------------------

Exactly spot on! It's pathetic.

So we can have competitive academics, competitive arts, and intramural sports!

Oh, and by the way that Board member shamelessly accessed the school district e-mail database to market his own book.

Pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trashing a coach anonymously on BOTC shows complete lack of character.

Maybe you should stop taking your son's word for what goes on at practice and anonymously watch a practice to see for your self what goes on. You may be surprised what you see.

Lol, watch a practice, like any coach likes that

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody can watch a practice.... What are you talking about...

Who cares what the coach likes... It's ur kid right? Go to the field and watch from a descrete distance... It's likely ur kid doesn't want you there... I wonder why???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THANK YOU MANHASSET ADMINISTRATORS!! COACH CHERRY FIRED!!

The nepotism, favoritism, and promotion of friends and family at all costs will finally cease. Demoralization and verbal harassment of our kids....awards (including financial) given to family and friends with NO REAL PRODUCTION.... Shocking that he is gone as we were all too intimidated to speak out due to his harsh wrath and spiteful revenge that was inflicted on any who ever spoke up. THANK YOU ADMINISTRATION!! NOW....we need an OUTSIDER WITH NO RELATIVES IN THE PROGRAM OR CONFLICTS OF INTEREST to take this team to the next level. We arguably have the BEST ATTACK LINE in the country and several other D1 Commits. Should be more than enough ammunition to get it done in 2017!!! Need a coach to have genuine interest in winning and developing the program year round.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THANK YOU MANHASSET ADMINISTRATION!!! COACH GONE!!!

The nepotism, favoritism, and promotion of friends and family at all costs will finally cease. Demoralization and verbal harassment of our kids...awards (including financial) given to family and friends with NO REAL PRODUCTION...Shocking that he is gone as we were all too intimidated to speak out due to his harsh wrath and spiteful revenge that was inflicted on any who ever spoke up. THANK YOU ADMINISTRATION!! NOW.....We NEED an OUTSIDER WITH NO RELATIVES IN THE PROGRAM OR CONFLICTS OF INTEREST TO TAKE THIS TEAM TO THE NEXT LEVEL. We arguably have the BEST attack line in the country and several other D1 Commits. Should be more than enough ammunition to get it done in 2017!! Need a coach to have genuine interest in winning and developing the program year round.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
help yourself to the GC coach....please!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The nepotism, favoritism, and promotion of friends and family at all costs will finally cease. Demoralization and verbal harassment of our kids...awards (including financial) given to family and friends with NO REAL PRODUCTION...Shocking that he is gone as we were all too intimidated to speak out due to his harsh wrath and spiteful revenge that was inflicted on any who ever spoke up. THANK YOU ADMINISTRATION!! NOW.....We NEED an OUTSIDER WITH NO RELATIVES IN THE PROGRAM OR CONFLICTS OF INTEREST TO TAKE THIS TEAM TO THE NEXT LEVEL. We arguably have the BEST attack line in the country and several other D1 Commits. Should be more than enough ammunition to get it done in 2017!! Need a coach to have genuine interest in winning and developing the program year round.

You are an idiot and an embarrassment to Manhasset

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess junior is an attack man.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset-Our team has so many kids. While many see this as a benefit, think of how a kid may feel just being benched for every game? Shouldn't they limit the number of kids on the Varsity team? Syosset has a JV A and B team after all. Really who benefits from these kids sitting on sidelines? Not the kids!! And the parents are still responsible for the same $$ for Booster clubs, etc!!!
I really believe many of us are breathing a sigh of relief that JC is gone. Coaches aren't solely responsible for the teams wins either. Parents pay a pretty penny over many years on various teams and workshops to nurture talent. It doesn't just show itself in high school!!! Come on people!! What we need is a coach that is fair, just, smart and also tough-but in a way that brings out the ability of a team working together. Not all the emotional politics we have had to endure. I am writing in support of the board's decision.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Glad I'm not in Manhasset...

You just mentioned "...favoritism, and promotion of friends and family at all costs will finally cease."

Yet, in the same breath, you show your favorites and promote the attack and several other D-I recruits. Perhaps one is your family?

Looks like you can be the first to be blamed for the upcoming generation's problems.

Best of luck Manhasset. You'll find out who this is soon enough. Just hope he/she doesn't know someone on the BOE!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset-Our team has so many kids. While many see this as a benefit, think of how a kid may feel just being benched for every game? Shouldn't they limit the number of kids on the Varsity team? Syosset has a JV A and B team after all. Really who benefits from these kids sitting on sidelines? Not the kids!! And the parents are still responsible for the same $$ for Booster clubs, etc!!!
I really believe many of us are breathing a sigh of relief that JC is gone. Coaches aren't solely responsible for the teams wins either. Parents pay a pretty penny over many years on various teams and workshops to nurture talent. It doesn't just show itself in high school!!! Come on people!! What we need is a coach that is fair, just, smart and also tough-but in a way that brings out the ability of a team working together. Not all the emotional politics we have had to endure. I am writing in support of the board's decision.

--------------------------------

It is obvious that whoever wrote this post knows absolutely nothing about team sports and has never taken the time to understand team sports. So only starters benefit from being on the team? Really? How about a non-starter improving himself and earning a starting role on the team? Can't that happen? How about the scout squad - perhaps a thankless job but one that certainly contributes to the team.

Being on any HS sports team is a voluntary endeavor - nobody forcing a kid to be on the team. If the kid or parent don't think there is value in participating quite the team. If junior loves lacrosse so much I'm sure you can find an organization or league that is a good fit for him.

It's your narrow minded thinking that is creating the emotional politics that we all have had to endure. Even if your kid is on the team only to enhance his college application he is getting some benefit isn't he?

Life is competitive whether in academics, the arts, sports, work place, etc. Deal with it or have ur son quit the team.

You are responsible for dragging down a top notch program with your attitude.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

------------

Oh, please find out what the word benched means in the context of a team sport. Non-starters are not benched.

Lastly, I am looking forward to you standing up at the podium on Monday night at the Syosset Board meeting and let your views be know in a non-anonymous forum.

Board of Ed meeting this Monday evening (July 11th) at 8 pm, South Woods.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just hope the kids in Syo win in the end. Whatever the outcome

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THANK YOU MANHASSET ADMINISTRATORS!! COACH CHERRY FIRED!!

The nepotism, favoritism, and promotion of friends and family at all costs will finally cease. Demoralization and verbal harassment of our kids....awards (including financial) given to family and friends with NO REAL PRODUCTION.... Shocking that he is gone as we were all too intimidated to speak out due to his harsh wrath and spiteful revenge that was inflicted on any who ever spoke up. THANK YOU ADMINISTRATION!! NOW....we need an OUTSIDER WITH NO RELATIVES IN THE PROGRAM OR CONFLICTS OF INTEREST to take this team to the next level. We arguably have the BEST ATTACK LINE in the country and several other D1 Commits. Should be more than enough ammunition to get it done in 2017!!! Need a coach to have genuine interest in winning and developing the program year round.

Easy on the best attack in the country stuff. Very good players, maybe above average but hardly anywhere near best in the country. We heard that before this past season too and look at the team's early exit from the playoffs. Most of their points were against wallflower teams during the season but the offense came up short against the best competition. Also, look at the stats during the recent UA tournament where there was another early exit. Plenty of evidence that they are good but not great and not even close to "best in the country".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will you be singing the same song when your kid is cut? Oh yeah. He's too much of a phenom to even entertain that thought. Did you ask the boys themselves if they would prefer to be cut or to be on the team and not see much playing time? No. You would cry to the Board, make up outrageous stories, and have the coach fired.
Give me a break.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset Varsity Lacrosse Team should be disbanded...

All the kids can start a Glee Club and sing Kumbayah and clap hands. But we can't have any kids singing harmony - every kid needs to sing the melody (Like we did in Kindergarten) so that nobody gets upset. Then we can give each kid a participation award at the end of the year.

We won't need a coach for that - just a baby sitter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
99% of the problems stem from the parents... The kids all get it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who is not happy with the Syosset Lacrosse Program show you solidarity and boycott the program next year. There are plenty of other opportunities for your child to play another sport or to play lacrosse on one of the private clubs on LI (There are many at all different ability levels.)

You will save yourself the nominal '$$ booster booster clubs' which will cover about 2 travel lax practices at the HUB. BTW - we know who you are, the Complainers who stuff their face at the dinners sponsored by the Booster Club and who always seem to forget to pay for the dinner as well as the annual dues. Tell your kids that such behavior is fair as you only pay if they get playing time.

Do us all a favor an take up another sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is true! I had a talk with my All-American son tonight about all the failure he has had in his life. We always supported him and never complained. I asked what made him great. He said that he never accepted failure. He used it as a tool to work harder and prove people wrong, We as parents have to learn when to step back. Don't get me wrong, there were plenty of times i wanted to approach the coach like a gangbuster. Looking back, I am so glad I let my son deal with things himself. Just one parents perspective.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All I got to say is Massapequa better not hire that traitor back.
There will be a revolt in Massapequa if they hire him back to coach pequa.

Massapequa coach is gone also?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OH YEAH SYOSSET BOOSTER CLUB
Send out a Survey Monkey that does NOT protect respondent's anonymity. Read their policies. The creator has license to make it anonymous or not. This is the first thing that that the board should know-that the obvious responders will all be supporters because NO CHILD who doesn't agree will engage in the survey. Very slick of you. Great way to ensure a biased opinion. So while you are private about what goes on in the inside circle, you sure want to be public about the people who don't agree.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says the person responding anonymously...

Why U afraid to state ur name?

Please make a real statement and pull ur kid out of the program... We will figure out a way to get along without him...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is true! I had a talk with my All-American son tonight about all the failure he has had in his life. We always supported him and never complained. I asked what made him great. He said that he never accepted failure. He used it as a tool to work harder and prove people wrong, We as parents have to learn when to step back. Don't get me wrong, there were plenty of times i wanted to approach the coach like a gangbuster. Looking back, I am so glad I let my son deal with things himself. Just one parents perspective.

Wow I got [lacrosse] chills reading this !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wouldn't it be funny if Cherry winds up at Syosset and Calabria at Manhasset ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wouldn't it be funny if Cherry winds up at Syosset and Calabria at Manhasset ?

Syosset would get the better deal. Calabria has never won the big prize while Cherry has 2.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All American son? Not going for this phoney post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All American son? Not going for this phoney post.

All true! In college now!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wouldn't be interesting to see all of the "Benched" kids at Syosset whose parents are destroying the program start and play every game without the committed players. Those parents would need to spend more money than they do on the booster club for professional counseling when their son's ego's are broken over an 0-16 record with embarrassing lopsided scores. Oh and by committed I mean to the HS program - nothing to do with college lax at all.

Syosset lacrosse is a top 25 program and is a true meritocracy. Best kids play. This is clearly communicated by the coaching staff each year. If your kid works hard and develops the needed skills he will play. This has been proven out many times over the years.

Coaching staff could eliminate 95% of all issues if they had cuts and weeded out the weaker / lazy players.. But, the philosophy of the program has always been that it is about much more than lacrosse wins and losses... It is about developing character in young men, and that each kid on the team can contribute in his own way.

If you or your kid doesn't like the way the team is run LEAVE, there are many other options available. Don't trash a coach who has poured all of his energy and time (at the expense of his family) into a program that he built from scratch and don't negatively impact the other 49 kids who are enjoying their lacrosse experience at Syosset.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Instead of a turf field in Syosset we need a helicopter pad so that the helicopter parents can land, and let their kids build some character.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? Because while your kid was playing x box, mine was practicing, not blaming the coach for lack of playing time? I bet you are the complainer in your office, never your fault, right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? Because while your kid was playing x box, mine was practicing, not blaming the coach for lack of playing time? I bet you are the complainer in your office, never your fault, right?

R U saying your kid was a Syo AA ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any school would be well served to have JC on their coaching staff. JC is a great coach and great person who has endured years of nonsense from a few selfish people. He has had to deal with your lazy kids who are put on a pedestal by over indulgent parents who have no idea what it means to be part of a team.

Pat yourself on the back - you have taught your child a lesson on how to attempt to destroy an entire program! Well done.

Loser

Page 73 of 77 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard