BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,638
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Re: Girls Spring 2011 High School Varsity Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Class C Championship : CBA-Syracuse 9, Mount Sinai 8 (Second Half)

Less than one minute remaining. Mount Sinai on the timeout to plot how to handle the next drive.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Class C Championship : CBA-Syracuse 9, Mount Sinai 8 (Final)

Dillon called for a charge with 0:12 remaining on a questionable call. CBA-Syracuse burns the last dozen seconds to end this Class C Championship.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Class A Championship : Northport 1, Pittsford 0 (First Half)

Northport's Marinelli scores seconds into the match. A lightning strike nearby at 2:40pm has put this match into suspension. The delay will be at least 30 minutes after the last lightning strike. Both teams are reported to be in their respective locker rooms.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Class A Championship : Northport 1, Pittsford 0 (First Half)

Torrential rains have hit the SUNY/Cortland area. Reports are that the match will resume at 5:30pm, approximately 85 minutes from now.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Class A Championship : Pittsford 2, Northport 1 (First Half)

Action has finally resumed at 5:35pm. Pittsford has equalized with just under sixteen minutes remaining in the restarted first half. In the following minute, Pittsford's Curwin scored to take the 2-1 lead.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Class A Championship : Pittsford 3, Northport 1 (First Half)

Collins scores Pittsford's third from thirty feet out. Coach Carol Rose calls a time out for Northport with thirteen minutes remaining in the first half.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Class A Championship : Pittsford 4, Northport 3 (First Half)

Gilroy scores her 100th goal of the season to bring the score back to 3-2 with eleven minutes remaining. Then, Northport steals the ball after the faceoff with Pavinelli netting Fortunato's steal. Less than ten minutes remaining in the first half.

Pittsford wins yet another draw and sees Curwin net another goal to retake the 4-3 lead with less than nine remaining.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Class A Championship : Pittsford 5, Northport 5 (Halftime)

Like some of the heavyweight battles we have seen in Syracuse today on the boy's side, every time the Tigers score one, the Panthers have an answer. Gilroy to Magnuson brings the score back to level. Three goals in the final minute of first half action.

Stat of the Game : To show how balanced these two teams are, there have been a total of ten first half goals .... from ten different goal scorers.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Class A Championship : Pittsford 7, Northport 5 (Second Half)

Sixteen minutes remaining and Pittsford opens a two goal lead, one of the biggest edges in the entire match.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Class A Championship : Pittsford 8, Northport 6 (Second Half)

Game halted with eight minutes remaining due to thunder/lightning in the area. Thirty minute minimum hold at this time.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Class A Championship : Pittsford 8, Northport 6 (Second Half)

BOTC just received a phone call that told us that nothing has changed weather-wise in the SUNY/Cortland area. The storm seems to be solidly locked into the area and it will still be some time before play in this twice disrupted Class A final will resume.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Class A Championship : Northport 10, Pittsford 9 (Overtime)

Game resumed at about 8:15pm. Game went into overtime tied at eight. Northport scored four unanswered to take the lead and Pittsford responded with one. Approximately one minute remaining in the match.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Class A Championship : Northport 10, Pittsford 10 (Overtime)

Thirty seconds remain in the second three minute overtime period. Sudden death will follow if needed.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Class A Championship : Northport 11, Pittsford 10 (Final, Overtime)

Congratulations to Northport for winning this match that took over five hours to complete today. We will be tracking the reported injury to Gilroy which is being reported by Newsday as a potential ACL injury. Laura Albanese tweets, "Hearing Shannon Gillroy, girls lax phenom, tore her ACL scoring a go-ahead goal in the state final. Nothport wins, 11-10 in 2OT."

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
NYSPHSAA Championship Final Results

Class A - Championship : June 11th, 2:30pm Final, Overtime
Northport (Section 11) 11, Pittsford (Section 5) 10

Class B - Championship : June 11th, 9:30am Final
Garden City (Section 8) 12, Brighton (Section 5) 6

Class C - Championship : June 11th, 12:00pm Final
CBA-Syracuse (Section 3) 9, Mount Sinai (Section 11) 8

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

Dillon called for a charge with 0:12 remaining on a questionable call. CBA-Syracuse burns the last dozen seconds to end this Class C Championship.
Terrible call with the game on the line where the refs were clearly involved int the outcome. Dillon split the double team cleanly, got hit in the head as she crossed through, and somehow got called for the charge. As ref crews go, this groups seemed challenged throughout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Terrible call with the game on the line where the refs were clearly involved int the outcome. Dillon split the double team cleanly, got hit in the head as she crossed through, and somehow got called for the charge. As ref crews go, this groups seemed challenged throughout.

The Women who called the charge was a ref in the Mt Sinai semi final game. She was even worse in that game. She called a number of phantom charges before the last horrific call. It is a shame when a ref feels the need to be part of the outcome. You never want to blame the refs but this one is tough not to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Women who called the charge was a ref in the Mt Sinai semi final game. She was even worse in that game. She called a number of phantom charges before the last horrific call. It is a shame when a ref feels the need to be part of the outcome. You never want to blame the refs but this one is tough not to.

Congrats to tonight's All County and All Division Award winners!! You did Suffolk County proud!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the award dinner last night.Two pick for all american were a joke!shame on those 2 coaches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the award dinner last night.Two pick for all american were a joke!shame on those 2 coaches

Which 2? Their Coach only nominates. All the other coaches vote.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was there too I would say Hauppauge,Mt.Sinai. The 2 best player from those team didnt win.We had this debate at or table and we all agreed. how many people felt the way we did!!!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Who did win?

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I think All-Americans are selected by sports media, not by coaches, same as the All-State honor.

Last edited by Powderfinger; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Who did win?

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I think All-Americans are selected by sports media, not by coaches, same as the All-State honor.
Ask yourself this question mr powerfinger who were 2 the best girls on those two team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was there too I would say Hauppauge,Mt.Sinai. The 2 best player from those team didnt win.We had this debate at or table and we all agreed. how many people felt the way we did!!!!

The best player from MT Sinai won the award. Most goals doesn't always mean best player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The best player from MT Sinai won the award. Most goals doesn't always mean best player.
she not the best player on the team, their were at least 2 other girls on mt sinai that were better!!! i think the player who won it is very over rated.give me a break

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

she not the best player on the team, their were at least 2 other girls on mt sinai that were better!!! i think the player who won it is very over rated.give me a break

Who was better?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
So a Mt. Sinai girl won and someone is disgruntled and thinks the wrong player won? Because the non-winner scored more goals? Just trying to follow along here.

I still don't know who won.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
So a Mt. Sinai girl won and someone is disgruntled and thinks the wrong player won? Because the non-winner scored more goals? Just trying to follow along here.

I still don't know who won.
I think the Fitzgerald kid was named All American from Mt Sinai. Apparrently there were a couple of tables who thought other Mt Sinai kids were more worthy. But they didn't say which ones.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the Fitzgerald kid was named All American from Mt Sinai. Apparrently there were a couple of tables who thought other Mt Sinai kids were more worthy. But they didn't say which ones.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
http://www.uslacrosse.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=xaw4kPSI5uc%3d&tabid=1004

That's a link to the official list of All-Americans for our area.

Here is how All-Americans are selected
(from this link: http://www.uslacrosse.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=7nw4o9D-EtU%3d&tabid=1004 )

ALL-AMERICAN PROCESS PROCESS FOR DETERMINING THE NUMBER OF ALL-AMERICANS PER CHAPTER
1) Head Varsity Coaches must join or renew by April 1st of each spring season so that their membership runs through the current high school lacrosse season including the post season. A) Example – a head varsity coach whose membership expires May 31st or earlier of the current
season and the season ends in June must renew by the April 1st deadline. However, a coach in the same league whose membership expires June 30th or later is not required to renew in order to be counted in the determining of All-American numbers. *Note – this deadline applies to coaches’ eligibility to nominate All-Americans and All Academic Team. This registration also affects how many teams your sub region is allotted for national tournament the following year.
2) All-American numbers are determined based on the number of active Head Varsity Coach Members within the chapter.
A) For every 4 girl’s head varsity coach members within a chapter, the chapter is allotted 1 All- American selection. Example – 12 girl’s head varsity coach members equals 3 Girl’s All American selections. 15 girl’s head varsity coach members would round up to 4 Girl’s All American selections. (AA numbers are rounded up at .5 or greater and rounded down under .5)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact that Jen Porretto from Hauppauge did not receive All American honors was a travesty. Led Long Island in assists, 4th in total points, 11th in goals. Anyone who watched her play this year would agree she and Ranftle were the best players on the field at every game (with the exception of the Eastport playoff - DeMartino took those honors, and Garden City playoff game) . She made her teammates better. She hustled on offense and defense. A travesty!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact that Jen Porretto from Hauppauge did not receive All American honors was a travesty. Led Long Island in assists, 4th in total points, 11th in goals. Anyone who watched her play this year would agree she and Ranftle were the best players on the field at every game (with the exception of the Eastport playoff - DeMartino took those honors, and Garden City playoff game) . She made her teammates better. She hustled on offense and defense. A travesty!
Amen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You hate to say some other kid doesn't deserve it, but I agree totally. I swa 5 of their games and I thought she was overall the best player on Hauppaugue. Rantfle was great offensively,but Porretto was all over the field. Great player!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The AA selection process is flawed and politics are always in play... Catherine Dickinson, junior from Garden City is the only player on the GC team to start every game since her freshman year and was not selected, most unselfish player on the team... US lacrosse does not appreciate team players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Jen Porretto receive 5 yellow cards during the season? This would disqualify her from AA selection.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Records indicate Porretto was issued four yellow cards for the 2011 Spring season...

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The following players are the US Lacrosse Academic All-Americans from the Long Island region - quite a roster of academic and athletic talent from our Nassau and Suffolk County areas.

Ahern, Dana — Defense (Rockville Centre, NY/South Side, NY) — Lafayette
Allen, Kelsey — Midfield (West Islip, NY) — (junior)
Arnold, Kayla — Defense (Bay Shore, NY/Bay Shore, NY) — Fairfield
Batcher, Jayme — Defense/Midfield (W.C. Mepham, NY) — (senior)
Beltrani, Abby — Attack (Ward Melville, NY) — (senior)
Berglin, Jennie — Goalie (Glen Head, NY/North Shore, NY) — Colgate
Brady, Tara — Defense (Massapequa, NY) — (senior)
Brierley, Kirsten — Midfield (East Hampton, NY) — (senior)
Browne, Casey — Midfield (NY/Miller Place, NY) — Navy
Bruno, Alexandra — Attack (Garden City, NY) — (junior)
Butcher, Kathryn — Defense (Garden City, NY) — (senior)
Cable, Alexandra — Attack (Westhampton Beach, NY) — (senior)
Canty, Claire — Defense (East Rockaway, NY/Sacred Heart Academy, NY) — Wellesley
Casadonte, Lauren — Defense (East Northport, NY/Half Hollow Hills, NY) — Fairfield
Cavallone, Ariana — Attack (Glen Cove, NY) — (junior)
Clyne, Samantha — Defense (East Islip, NY/East Islip, NY) — New Haven
Comiskey, Margaret — Attack (Sacred Heart Academy, NY) — (junior)
Cook, Chelsea — Defense (Bay Shore, NY/Bay Shore, NY) — Denver
Corcoron, Nina — Midfield (Sacred Heart Academy, NY) — (junior)
Costantino, Paige — Midfield (Islip, NY/Islip, NY) — Slippery Rock
Denihan, Kelsey — Midfield/Attack (Friends Academy, NY) — (junior)
Dougherty, Kelsey — Defense (Comsewogue, NY) — (junior)
Duffel, Marjorie — Defense/Midfield (Kings Park, NY) — (junior)
Dul, Katherine — Goalie (Mineola, NY) — (senior)
Eckel, Meghan — Defense (Kings Park, NY) — (senior)
Edwards, Amanda — Defense (Friends Academy, NY) — (junior)
Edwards, Kasey — Defense (Islip, NY) — (junior)
Ehrman, Sarah — Midfield (Huntington, NY/Huntington, NY) — Stony Brook
Fater, Lacey — Attack (Mineola, NY) — (senior)
Fischer, Noelle — Defense (Commack, NY) — (junior)
Fitchett, Caroline — Defense (Miller Place, NY) — (junior)
Froccaro, Jackie — Midfield (Port Washington, NY) — (senior)
Fuchs, Sarah — Attack (Bay Shore, NY) — (senior)
Gahan, Augusta — Defense (Friends Academy, NY) — (senior)
Gambino, Cristina — Defense (St. Anthony's, NY) — (senior)
Gargan, Caitlin — Midfield (NY/Rocky Point, NY) — Notre Dame
Generi, Loren — Midfield (Bayport, NY/Bayport-Blue Point, NY) — Navy
Gerin, Alexandra — Attack (Glen Cove, NY) — (junior)
Giray, Julide — Defense (Hauppauge, NY) — (junior)
Gomez, Erin — Defense (Eastport South Manor, NY) — (junior)
Gonzalez, Jasmine — Defense (Deer Park, NY) — (senior)
Greene, Bridget — Midfield/Attack (Harborfields, NY) — (junior)
Griffo, Maggie — Attack (Babylon, NY) — (junior)
Guido, Samantha — Defense (Rocky Point, NY) — (senior)
Higgins, Taylor — Defense (Sacred Heart Academy, NY) — (senior)
Hodgson, Lorraine — Attack (West Islip, NY) — (junior)
Hoehing, Brittney — Midfield (Hicksville, NY) — (senior)
Hogan, Lindsay — Defense (Mt. Sinai, NY) — (senior)
Holland, Betsy — Defense (St. Anthony's, NY) — (senior)
Kennedy, Jacqueline — Midfield (Massapequa, NY) — (senior)
Killeen, Katherine — Attack (Miller Place, NY) — (senior)
Klein, Sara — Attack (Commack, NY) — (senior)
Landow, Morgan — Attack (Friends Academy, NY) — (junior)
Lentricchia, Sara — Defense/Midfield (Babylon, NY/West Babylon, NY) — Swarthmore
Lessing, Maggie — Midfield (Islip, NY) — (senior)
Liberty, Jessica — Attack (East Setauket, NY/Ward Melville, NY) — Old Dominion
Lyman, Nicole — Defense (West Babylon, NY/West Babylon, NY) — St. Joseph's (NY)
Magnuson, Erin — Midfield (Northport, NY/Northport, NY) — Yale
Mandell, Devin — Goalie (Westhampton Beach, NY) — (senior)
Marinelli, Megan — Midfield (Northport, NY/Northport, NY) — Georgetown
Markham, Meg — Defense (Manhasset, NY) — (senior)
Marra, Kimberly — Attack (Sayville, NY) — (junior)
McCallan, Alyssa — Defense/Midfield (West Islip, NY) — (senior)
McCormick, Mary Kate — Attack (Comsewogue, NY) — (junior)
McDonald, Lauren — Attack (Islip, NY) — (senior)
McGowan, Casey — Midfield/Defense (West Islip, NY/West Islip, NY) — Georgetown
McKeon, Ciara — Attack (Westhampton, NY/Westhampton Beach, NY) — Central Connecticut
McTiernan, Catherine — Attack (Garden City, NY) — (junior)
Medlock, Kerri — Attack (Mineola, NY) — (junior)
Miksinski, Nicole — Defense (East Hampton, NY) — (junior)
Mulholland, Maeve — Attack (Manhasset, NY/Manhasset, NY) — Williams
Murphy, Ellen — Defense (Babylon, NY) — (senior)
Nawrocki, Corrine — Defense (Northport, NY) — (senior)
Nawrocki, Scarlett — Defense (East Northport, NY/Northport, NY) — Lehigh
Nelson, Jessica — Defense (Northport, NY/Northport, NY) — Princeton
O'Brien, Kelsey — Attack (Reading, VT/Massapequa, CT) — Wheaton
O'Connor, Devin — Midfield (St. Anthony's, NY) — (junior)
Olsen, Christina — Midfield/Attack (W.C. Mepham, NY) — (senior)
Owen, Courtney — Defense (Westhampton Beach, NY) — (senior)
Parry, Danielle — Defense (Westhampton Beach, NY) — (senior)
Peragine, Kristin — Midfield (Riverhead, NY) — (junior)
Piccione, Julie — Attack (Babylon, NY) — (senior)
Plastaras, Alexandra — Midfield (Kings Park, NY) — (junior)
Rea, Christina — Midfield (Levittown, NY/Division Ave, NY) — Old Dominion
Rix, Mikaela — Midfield (Garden City, NY/Garden City, NY) — Boston College
Rogers, Lindsey — Midfield (Hicksville, NY) — (junior)
Rowland, Ashley — Attack (West Babylon, NY) — (senior)
Rullan, Elizabeth — Defense (Ward Melville, NY) — (junior)
Ruttkayova, Sandra — Attack (Riverhead, NY) — (junior)
Salter, Emma — Goalie (Sacred Heart Academy, NY) — (junior)
Sanchez, Haley — Defense (Rocky Point, NY) — (senior)
Schmidt, Catherine — Midfield (Bay Shore, NY/Bay Shore, NY) — Davidson
Sidaras, Chelsey — Goalie (William Floyd, NY) — (junior)
Sivilli, Maddlyn — Midfield (John Glenn, NY) — (junior)
Smith, Samantha — Attack/Midfield (West Babylon, NY) — (junior)
Smithwick, Allison — Attack (Commack, NY) — (senior)
Socrett, Nicole — Defense (Manhasset, NY) — (senior)
Stolba, Kasey — Midfield/Attack (Harborfields, NY) — (junior)
Sullivan, Barbara — Midfield (Garden City, NY/Garden City, NY) — Notre Dame
Thorsen, Katla — Defense (East Hampton, NY) — (junior)
Thorsen, Kelsi — Midfield (East Hampton, NY) — (senior)
Tricarico, Brittany — Midfield (Comsewogue, NY) — (junior)
Troisi, Maria — Attack (Commack, NY) — (junior)
Venezia, Marina — Goalie (Mt. Sinai, NY) — (junior)
Vesley, Kayla — Attack (Mineola, NY) — (senior)
Viteritti, Natalie — Defense (John Glenn, NY) — (senior)
Viteritti, Nicole — Defense (John Glenn, NY) — (senior)
Waldron, Laura — (Massapequa, NY) — (junior)
Watt, Kelly — Defense (West Babylon, NY) — (junior)
Weber, Shannon — Defense (Babylon, NY) — (senior)
Wernert, Taylor — Midfield/Defense (Hauppauge, NY) — (junior)
Wynne, Ashley — Midfield (Hicksville, NY) — (senior)

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Class A Championship : Northport 11, Pittsford 10 (Final, Overtime)

Congratulations to Northport for winning this match that took over five hours to complete today. We will be tracking the reported injury to Gilroy which is being reported by Newsday as a potential ACL injury. Laura Albanese tweets, "Hearing Shannon Gillroy, girls lax phenom, tore her ACL scoring a go-ahead goal in the state final. Nothport wins, 11-10 in 2OT."
For those that were unaware, it was confirmed that Shannon Gilroy did in fact suffer a torn ACL. Reports from her coach and others indicate that surgery will be within the next several days. BOTC wishes a strong recovery for this talented young lady and we hope to see her in action at Florida sometime soon!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jennifer Porretto of Hauppauge named Suffolk County Player of the Year.

Abigail Zeltmann of Hauppauge named Suffolk County Coach of the Year.

Contrats on the well deserved awards!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cage Sage,

Please post the Long Island Girls who made the US Lacrosse All American list (not just academic all americans). Thanks!

Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard