BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 46 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 45 46
Re: High School Lax Girls
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Division I is up for anyone's grab this year. West Islip is nowhere near the team they were last year. Northport always puts out a solid team, Middle Country has the best midfielder in Suffolk County, Smithtown West was strong last year and didn't lose anyone. Anyone's grab

There are three or four teams who have a realistic chance. Not up for grabs at all, most teams have no chance.

Northport, Smithtown West, Middle Country, West Islip.

Who else has a shot?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Division I is up for anyone's grab this year. West Islip is nowhere near the team they were last year. Northport always puts out a solid team, Middle Country has the best midfielder in Suffolk County, Smithtown West was strong last year and didn't lose anyone. Anyone's grab

There are three or four teams who have a realistic chance. Not up for grabs at all, most teams have no chance.

Who else has a shot?

Copiague

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Darien 9- west islip 8

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Division I is up for anyone's grab this year. West Islip is nowhere near the team they were last year. Northport always puts out a solid team, Middle Country has the best midfielder in Suffolk County, Smithtown West was strong last year and didn't lose anyone. Anyone's grab

Who else has a shot?

Copiague [/quote

Seriously?? Why be such a [lacrosse]? At least the Copiague girls are out there trying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think North Shore will be the team to beat this year, very athletic and young

North Shore or Northport?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northport 12 Sacred Heart 5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not even from BBP, and the Best Midfielder in the County according to USA today's preseason pre-view plays for BBP. I don't think there is a better all around, well rounded, more mature player. Including from a leadership standpoint, an experience standpoint. No slight to any of the the other players out there there are some really great ones, and I would bet that if you polled the top players themselves they would probably overwhelmingly vote for her.

You all really need to get a grip. First off the USA today thing is a political joke . To say anyone is the best midfielder in the country is just pompous and ridiculous. Kid is a great player and so are many others and yes there are some that are her equal.Everything is so subjective that to say anyone of them is the best player is ridiculous. Have played against her and her YJ teammates many times and would tell you that on that team any of 5 kids including the goalie have been the best player on the field that day. I would also be willing to bet that everyone of those kids have just as much of the intangibles you speak of .Have done scouting for our High School team for 10 years plus and have not seen the kid who is the clear best player in any year, they all have weaknesses and there are many who could have the one of the best label so give it a rest.

Sorry it is a sore topic for you, but you are obviously personally vested thus not able to objectively comment on this. But in reality it really doesn't matter as there are probably 3-4 girls close to her level and maybe your right. But, regardless it is just speculation and subjective speculation at that, as lacrosse is a team sport so we can't line them up 1 on 1.

Whether or not your daughter is one of the top ones, I don't know, maybe she is and good for her, and either way I would bet she probably put a ton of time and effort into the pursuit (just from how passionate you sound). But the scouting thing is kind of funny. But the scouting thing makes you sound a little nerdy kind a like a tool, so maybe you should drop that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

North Shore, they are quick, transition well and goalie is great

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scores from CSH skied today???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wantagh 12 - 8 Ridgewood

smackdown!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wantagh 12 - 8 Ridgewood

smackdown!!!

A 4 goal win is a smack down?? How about BBP winning 16-8? That is a smack down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All close games except for the BBP game. They crushed Yorktown.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summit over ESM 7-6. ESM held the ball for 12 minutes in the second half playing stall ball. Good game, the better team won.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great to see Wantagh vs Mt Sinai. You should always play tough non league games. I see Wantagh also plays West Islip and Suffern. I also saw they are playing Ridgewood, NJ who might be the best team in NJ this Saturday at Cold Spring Harbor. That is one tough non league slate

take it easy Dad, they are not going to break a sweat playing the #3 team from Jersey. probly be emptying the bench in the first half of that tilt.

Take it easy Dad, I like that. I think some of the LI teams are going to be surprised this weekend by some of the outcomes. LI is far from dominant anymore. It is not as easy anymore just walking on the field and playing subs after halftime. I can assure you Summit, Ridgewood, Oak Knoll and Moorestown are no pushovers and I doubt they will be going home 0 for 4...IMHO

well thanks for the predictions there Jimmy the Greek. but don't wager all your dough on that. you will need lots for toll money back to NJ...

interesting day today...except for Wantagh who pretty easily handled Ridgewood it looks like Garden City beat Moorestown in OT and Summit beat ESM. I saw Oak Knoll beating St Anthony's 8 to 3 at half...not a bad day for NJ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sportsmanship and CR are rarely mentioned in the same sentence. Does she have the biggest club? Yes. Does she poach? Yes. Do they win some games by a ton and never back off the gas? Yes. Are they known for bending the rules and being the most physical? Yes. Are her parents some of the worst in the game? Yes. Does she charge for everything from extra training camps BBQ's bus trips and everything else to shake down parents? Yes. Does she double dip off her own players with her tournament circuit? Yes. Does she get her kids recruited no matter what? Yes

Sad thing is that many parents ignore the entire list all because of the last point

So true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Anthony's beat Oak Knoll in OT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are going all the way. Big win today

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No stall. ESM possessed the ball and made numerous shots. Defense on the other team was good but unable to get a turnover until 9-10 minutes passed. Give credit to Summits defense because they did a great job. They are the reason they won that game. It was a good game and close until the very end.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No stall. ESM possessed the ball and made numerous shots. Defense on the other team was good but unable to get a turnover until 9-10 minutes passed. Give credit to Summits defense because they did a great job. They are the reason they won that game. It was a good game and close until the very end.

It was a great game. Evenly matched teams - Both team's defense played great. Summit held to just 7 goals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Anthony's beat Oak Knoll in OT

Wow, that is great. they were getting dominated in the first half when I had to leave...great comeback

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not even from BBP, and the Best Midfielder in the County according to USA today's preseason pre-view plays for BBP. I don't think there is a better all around, well rounded, more mature player. Including from a leadership standpoint, an experience standpoint. No slight to any of the the other players out there there are some really great ones, and I would bet that if you polled the top players themselves they would probably overwhelmingly vote for her.

You all really need to get a grip. First off the USA today thing is a political joke . To say anyone is the best midfielder in the country is just pompous and ridiculous. Kid is a great player and so are many others and yes there are some that are her equal.Everything is so subjective that to say anyone of them is the best player is ridiculous. Have played against her and her YJ teammates many times and would tell you that on that team any of 5 kids including the goalie have been the best player on the field that day. I would also be willing to bet that everyone of those kids have just as much of the intangibles you speak of .Have done scouting for our High School team for 10 years plus and have not seen the kid who is the clear best player in any year, they all have weaknesses and there are many who could have the one of the best label so give it a rest.

I guess your daughter isn't on that list, don't be so jealous. It's ugly and it probably impacts your ability to "scout". Lol, a scout, that's the funniest part.

If you don't think that some teams are out there scouting their competition it just tells me you have no clue. My daughter is in 3rd grade so no she is not the "top middie" in the country but I will tell you I am making sure she can use both hands as I would not want that to be an issue. My point is to nominate someone the best middie in the country is ridiculous , its the same way I feel about the newsday stat leaders thing .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was a great game. Evenly matched teams - Both team's defense played great. Summit held to just 7 goals.

And more importantly it was for a great cause. It's really nice to see how teams from other areas match up against each other. Everyone should benefit from a day like this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dropped my daughter off at the Schoolgirls tryout and it was packed! First time here, anyone with info on this -who are the evaluators, what do the girls do during the process, how many are selected, and any other info would be greatly appreciated thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

North Shore, they are quick, transition well and goalie is great

I guess the three losses they have in their division mean nothing and still haven't played Manhasset.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are going all the way. Big win today

who is? which win are you talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This goes on in most varsity sports in GC. It's rampant in football baseball and lax on the boys side for just the reasons said here. On the girls side it exists too but Instead of the father/son thing it's the sister and field hockey favorites thing. Its out of control.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true the girl from Oak Knoll tore her ACL at the end of the game? If so, a shame. She played a great game and was a standout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true the girl from Oak Knoll tore her ACL at the end of the game? If so, a shame. She played a great game and was a standout.
Heard that is the case but don't want to pass rumors around (heard from a very good source). Great player, maybe the best in NJ as a junior, committed to Stanford. Ranked by Inside Lacrosse as a top 25 soph last year. Scored over 100 goals last year as a sophomore, 50 her freshman year. Really too bad all the way around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This goes on in most varsity sports in GC. It's rampant in football baseball and lax on the boys side for just the reasons said here. On the girls side it exists too but Instead of the father/son thing it's the sister and field hockey favorites thing. Its out of control.

What are you talking about? Are you responding to a prior post?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess your daughter isn't on that list, don't be so jealous. It's ugly and it probably impacts your ability to "scout". Lol, a scout, that's the funniest part.

If you don't think that some teams are out there scouting their competition it just tells me you have no clue. My daughter is in 3rd grade so no she is not the "top middie" in the country but I will tell you I am making sure she can use both hands as I would not want that to be an issue. My point is to nominate someone the best middie in the country is ridiculous , its the same way I feel about the newsday stat leaders thing .

OK "Scout" they are all great and your third grader is the best! Probably because she reads your scouting reports when she has a few moments free from playing with dress up Barbie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard that is the case but don't want to pass rumors around (heard from a very good source). Great player, maybe the best in NJ as a junior, committed to Stanford. Ranked by Inside Lacrosse as a top 25 soph last year. Scored over 100 goals last year as a sophomore, 50 her freshman year. Really too bad all the way around.

Not a career ender.. many have and do recover close to 100% of prior speed, agility etc.. takes time and hard work..
she will get there..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If playoffs started today in Class A Suffolk here is the teams in the mix.

Smithtown West 6-0-0 6-0-0 142.610
West Islip 5-1-0 5-1-0 133.120
Northport 5-0-0 6-0-0 132.660
Middle Country 5-1-0 6-1-0 128.490
Patchogue-Medford 5-1-0 5-2-0 125.670
Ward Melville 3-2-0 3-4-0 116.000
Smithtown East 3-2-0 4-2-0 114.990
Riverhead 4-2-0 4-4-0 109.070
Sachem East 2-4-0 3-4-0 105.280
Commack HS 2-4-0 4-4-0 104.660
H H Hills 3-2-0 5-2-0 102.860

outside looking in...
Sachem North 3-3-0 4-4-0 102.230

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a career ender.. many have and do recover close to 100% of prior speed, agility etc.. takes time and hard work..
she will get there..

Whatever her situation is, I do wish her the best and a speedy recovery!

Could someone tell me how an injury might impact a committed player? Is the player obligated to disclose that to the coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK "Scout" they are all great and your third grader is the best! Probably because she reads your scouting reports when she has a few moments free from playing with dress up Barbie.

Thanks for the snarky response tells me all I need to know about you , internet tuff guy who in person is quiet as a mouse because he knows what that snarky type response would get him in person.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

she will get there..

Could someone tell me how an injury might impact a committed player? Is the player obligated to disclose that to the coach?
coaches have dealt with this with many, many kids. And many kids who tore their ACLs in high school are having great careers. Have not heard any story of a coach dropping a kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If playoffs started today in Class A Suffolk here is the teams in the mix.

Smithtown West 6-0-0 6-0-0 142.610
West Islip 5-1-0 5-1-0 133.120
Northport 5-0-0 6-0-0 132.660
Middle Country 5-1-0 6-1-0 128.490
Patchogue-Medford 5-1-0 5-2-0 125.670
Ward Melville 3-2-0 3-4-0 116.000
Smithtown East 3-2-0 4-2-0 114.990
Riverhead 4-2-0 4-4-0 109.070
Sachem East 2-4-0 3-4-0 105.280
Commack HS 2-4-0 4-4-0 104.660
H H Hills 3-2-0 5-2-0 102.860

outside looking in...
Sachem North 3-3-0 4-4-0 102.230

You can end the list at MC, nobody after that has any chance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

she will get there..

coaches have dealt with this with many, many kids. And many kids who tore their ACLs in high school are having great careers. Have not heard any story of a coach dropping a kid.

Quicker to drop if you did it playing another sport

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

she will get there..

Quicker to drop if you did it playing another sport

This happened to Shelby F. from Babylon a few years ago, almost identical situation. She was committed to Northwestern. Shelby made a full recovery and maybe even better than before injury. Starting for NW as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any time "Scout". Comical for you to call someone else out when you scout girls lacrosse. Too funny, I'm still laughing at you with your panties in a knot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter tried out for Long Island School Girls team in Cold Spring Harbor this weekend. She made the first cut. Does anyone have any information about this? I was looking it up online and it looks like there will be three teams chosen. Is it a waste of time if you don't make the first team? How many girls tried out? Are the teams chosen usually competitive in the tournament? Any information about this is appreciated.

Page 18 of 46 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard