BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,968
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 80 of 83 1 2 78 79 80 81 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Islip msy not be on top in 2 years but they will be in Cortland this weekend, where will you be?
Sounds like someone is not happy well too bad!!!!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to the teams headed upstate! Very exciting! Question...can anyone tell me anything about the Smithtown East program? I know there was some rumblings with parents but what about Coaches? Players? Debating on private/catholic school and just would like to be well informed! Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Couple of things I want to touch on.

1-Good luck to the LI girls this weekend! Like someone said, it's too bad that Nassau and Suffolk play for one spot in the states. From the sound of it, all 3 LIC matches were great games and any of the six teams would represent LI well.

2-As for a super league in Suffolk, I said this before and I'll say it again... rather than a super league make a non playoff league with the bottom 4 D1 and D2 teams in it and let them play each other home and away with the top 4 teams going back into D1 and D2 and the 4 teams in D1 and D2 with the worst record going to the non playoff league the next year. There will still be some blowouts, but nowhere near as many.

Not sure the difference.

Let them play 12 league games and 4 non league. Let them play neighboring towns let them play cross county let them play a westchester and out of state team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not a Mount Sinai guy but I caught most of that game & have to applaud the goalie she made a few saves at the end of the game that left you shaking your head simply amazing. Great job kiddo. Some of the best saves I've seen at any level or sport. The officials need to be more on top of the game, both teams played hard and whether or not she pulled the strings she did run about 80 yards and finished. Again why wasn't a stick check called and why wasn't the official watching her? Go ask one of them.

They already did a stick check on her earlier and her stick was legal. I also think CSH was out of stick checks. When I read the post, I was thinking the same thing, after watching the great saves by the goalie and an 80 plus yard burst past the whole team, u are worried about her stick? Didn't look like her stick had anything to do with CSH not being able to stop her! As a fan. That was a great game by both teams!

Right before they did the first stick check on her she had already pulled her string and it was too late. That is also on film and clear to see. She scores - and immediately pulls her strings. It happened multiple times.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not a Mount Sinai guy but I caught most of that game & have to applaud the goalie she made a few saves at the end of the game that left you shaking your head simply amazing. Great job kiddo. Some of the best saves I've seen at any level or sport. The officials need to be more on top of the game, both teams played hard and whether or not she pulled the strings she did run about 80 yards and finished. Again why wasn't a stick check called and why wasn't the official watching her? Go ask one of them.

They already did a stick check on her earlier and her stick was legal. I also think CSH was out of stick checks. When I read the post, I was thinking the same thing, after watching the great saves by the goalie and an 80 plus yard burst past the whole team, u are worried about her stick? Didn't look like her stick had anything to do with CSH not being able to stop her! As a fan. That was a great game by both teams!

Right before they did the first stick check on her she had already pulled her string and it was too late. That is also on film and clear to see. She scores - and immediately pulls her strings. It happened multiple times.

Coaches are allowed unlimited stick checks. the first two are free without card . After the second stick check if you are wrong the other team gets possession of the ball no draw.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West islip wins their semi final game 10-5! See ya tomorrow

User
User

Coaches are allowed unlimited stick checks. the first two are free without card . After the second stick check if you are wrong the other team gets possession of the ball no draw.

Listen.
There were officials at the game and not one of them including the bench official made any call. This girl has been taking arrows in the back shot from parents on here for years.

Let it go.

No more derogatory posts aimed at this kid will be allowed moving forward. Enough is enough. She is a great player and if you can't handle losing take it out on someone other than a HS player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

Listen.
There were officials at the game and not one of them including the bench official made any call. This girl has been taking arrows in the back shot from parents on here for years.

Let it go.

No more derogatory posts aimed at this kid will be allowed moving forward. Enough is enough. She is a great player and if you can't handle losing take it out on someone other than a HS player.

Thank You.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck today to al three Suffolk teams playing today for States!!
ESM..... W I..... Mt Sinai

User
User
Two down one to go. Way to go girls.
Mt Sinai and West Islip are State Champions!! Complete the 631 sweep ESM!

Back of the Cage
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow!! That is awesome!!!!

User
User
Clean sweep for Suffolk Girls in the States!!!!!!!!

Congrats to:
Class A Champion West Islip.
Class B Champion ESM
Class C Champion Mt. Sinai

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fantastic! Congratulations!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats to:
Class B Champion ESM

I am guessing that would be the first time ever for Suffolk. You can attribute this largely due to the increased travel club presence in Suffolk. Yellow jackets, top guns and the growing club sizes leads to a ton of girls raising their level of play. Suffolk- the new hot bed for girls lacrosse!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats to:
Class B Champion ESM

I am guessing that would be the first time ever for Suffolk. You can attribute this largely due to the increased travel club presence in Suffolk. Yellow jackets, top guns and the growing club sizes leads to a ton of girls raising their level of play. Suffolk- the new hot bed for girls lacrosse!

This is the first time since they changed to 3 divisions that all 3 were won by teams from the same section.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great job class A,B,C! Great lax and great coaches!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the greatest thing from yesterday was the resect all three Suffolk teams had for each other! As M S was finishing off their gam WI girls were chanting 631...631. As W I was finishing their game the ESM team and fans did the same . And W I chanted it to ESM as they were warming up!

631...631...631!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very impressive! Congrats to all the winners! Go Suffolk!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
631!!!!thats a statement

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the Section awards dinner last night?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to all the girls

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the Section awards dinner last night?

The best part for me was when ESM got called up for the County,Long Isand and State Championship awards and the entire team showed up to receive the awards, very classy and you guys made a great statement to everyone. Way to go ESM from WI. 6-3-1 a weekend we will all cherish!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree with last post... very classy ESM! From a Mt Sinai parent. 6-3-1! Amazing weekend for ALL three teams!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Girls all americans and academic all americans up on uslacrosse.org congrats to all the winners

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to the All Americans that were announced yesterday,
Especially, the highly intelligent girls that made the US Lacrosse All Academic Team.
This highly touted award will stay with these girls forever, and is far more useful than any other award achieved during their high school careers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anypne who replies to a post like that must be bitter the awards these girls achieve shoul all be praised on the field and off just because someone does not have over a 95 average that does not diminish thei accomplishments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And a BIG SHOUT OUT to those girls that were named to BOTH the All American AND the All Academic squads… excellence on the field AND in the classroom!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know what award means the most The State Championship. 6-3-1. It's prestigious because 25 girls believe in themselves, their teammates and their coaches and they earned it for each other and nobody else. You may have a few smiling faces for the AA awards but you have 25 priceless expressions for winning the State. Congratulations to all all AA awards were well deserved and earned with years of hardwork and dedication. Well done and looking forward to seeing them all at the next level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WELL SAID!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know what award means the most The State Championship. 6-3-1. It's prestigious because 25 girls believe in themselves, their teammates and their coaches and they earned it for each other and nobody else. You may have a few smiling faces for the AA awards but you have 25 priceless expressions for winning the State. Congratulations to all all AA awards were well deserved and earned with years of hardwork and dedication. Well done and looking forward to seeing them all at the next level.

Amen!! I'm a 516-er, but I am so proud of our LI girls for showing NY what's up! You all should be very proud of yourselves!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, why can't you people just be happy for all the girls' great accomplishments? Does one award have to be better than another? Do you really need to diminish someone else's achievements to feel better about yourselves? Let's not forget you're talking about kids who have achieved wonderful things in their short lives. Be happy for them!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that we are done....after speaking with well over 2 dozen coaches..we are committed to a mid level D1 program. Lax has played a very significant role in our lives for the last 7 years...but the one thing that almost all the coaches and AD's stressed is their connection with and desire for the girls in 631 & 516. Also big time interest in the Maryland schools...(don't know their zip codes)

631, 631, 631 this year...next year it could easily be 516!
All teams should be commended!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, why can't you people just be happy for all the girls' great accomplishments? Does one award have to be better than another? Do you really need to diminish someone else's achievements to feel better about yourselves? Let's not forget you're talking about kids who have achieved wonderful things in their short lives. Be happy for them!

No one is diminishing anyones achievements learn how to read then learn how to comprehend. Its really pretty simple and you should be able to figure it out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your daughter is chosen to move up to varsity in ninth grade but you're pretty sure she won't see much playing time is it the right move ? Is it worth practicing with the varsity girls every day or would you encourage her to stay on JV where she will get playing time With the hope that she will get pulled up the following year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your daughter is chosen to move up to varsity in ninth grade but you're pretty sure she won't see much playing time is it the right move ? Is it worth practicing with the varsity girls every day or would you encourage her to stay on JV where she will get playing time With the hope that she will get pulled up the following year

Stay on JV and play!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is she physically and mentally able to play with 18 year olds? A lot more goes on both on and off the field at the varsity level that your child and the parents have to handle. Is the team tight knit and the coaches good? Ask yourself these questions before deciding some parents do not want their 14 year olds doing 18 year old things. Will it make her a better player I think it depends on the coaches and how are the JV coaches? If the JV coaches are weak then the move to varsity is warranted cause when she does get playing time she will know what the varsity coaches expect. Give it a lot of thought though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depends on what your daughter is looking for and what makes her happy - playing time or bragging rights. If HS will be the end of lax for her, I would say play as much as she can now. If she is hoping to play in college, might be worth working with the more advanced girls every day and sacrificing game days for a year. It's really a personal decision.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you those are some very good points I agree with not necessarily wanting my van 15-year-old to be exposed to some 18-year-old things Coaches are excellent on both JV and varsity level so it might just be something they sees in her but she doesn't want bragging rights just to say she's on varsity she actually wants to play so we will have to see what happens Marcy to be

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you those are some very good points I agree with not necessarily wanting my van 15-year-old to be exposed to some 18-year-old things Coaches are excellent on both JV and varsity level so it might just be something they sees in her but she doesn't want bragging rights just to say she's on varsity she actually wants to play so we will have to see what happens Marcy to be

Have you had a talk with the Coach and voiced your concerns. If they are good Coaches they will speak with you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Girls Long Island Under Armour Underclass Team.

Name Grad-Year High -School -Hometown -Position

Alyssa Adamo 2016 St. Anthony's Bohemia, NY Defense

Shannon Berry 2018 Ward Melville Setauket, NY Defense

Charlotte Campbell 2016 St. Anthony's Lloyd Harbor, NY Goalie

Kaitlyn Cerasi 2016 Wantagh Wantagh, NY Attack

Vanessa Costantino 2016 West Isip West Islip, NY Mid-Field

Samantha DeBellis 2016 Cold Spring Harbor Cold Spring Harbor, NY Attack

Kerry Defliese 2016 Garden City Garden City, NY Mid-Field

Samantha Geiersbach 2016 West Babylon West Babylon, NY Attack

Katie Hoeg 2016 Mattituck Mattituck, NY Attack

Madison Hoffer 2016 Sachem North Holbrook, NY Defense

Kate Hudson 2016 Cold Spring Harbor Cold Spring Harbor, NY Defense

Kelsey Huff 2017 Eastport-South Manor Eastport, NY Mid-Field

Shannon Kavanagh 2017 Smithtown East St. James, NY Mid-Field

Allison Kennedy 2016 North Babylon North Babylon, NY Mid-Field

Taylor Moreno 2016 Huntington Huntington, NY Goalie

Taryn Ohlmiller 2016 Islip Islip, NY Attack

Jamie Ortega 2017 Centereach Centereach, NY Attack

Catherine Reilly 2016 Huntington Huntington Station, NY Mid-Field

Madison Rielly 2018 Friends Academy Plandome, NY Attack

Rachel Rosen 2017 Paul D. Schreiber Port Washington Port Washington, NY Mid-Field

Olivia Smith 2017 St. Anthony's Port Washington, NY Defense

Sophia Triandafils 2017 Shoreham Wading River Wading River, NY Mid-Field

Cara Trombetta 2016 Sachem High School East Holbrook, NY Defense

Vanessa Yu 2016 Oyster Bay Oyster Bay, NY Mid-Field

Page 80 of 83 1 2 78 79 80 81 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard