BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 144 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Looks like Express added a new tryout due to demand on their website.

Eligible Teams: 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nothing for 2022? lol

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by acblax

Overwhelming, or do they (management) feel as if they are lacking something!!!!!!!!!!! If I were on one of those teams, I wouldn't be happy..... Wait, isn't that their M.O. Add kids all throughout the season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LaxDad#14
Originally Posted by acblax

Overwhelming, or do they (management) feel as if they are lacking something!!!!!!!!!!! If I were on one of those teams, I wouldn't be happy..... Wait, isn't that their M.O. Add kids all throughout the season.

or maybe they feel they filling a void, either kids that are not happy with the teams they are currently playing for and would rather be on the express or younger players that did not try out for teams in the fall and now would like to play somewhere. I doubt that the organization would do something like this unless they felt there was a market. and instead of mocking them lets wait and see if they have a turnout and they do in fact no what they are doing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If anyhody should be starting another 2021 team, it should be the Jesters. $250.00 dollars and they can play.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone now how the 2018 Orange and 2019 Orange teams did today against the out of state teams .

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
2019 had a strong showing. The first game against the NJ team was a shutout score was ~7 or 8 to 0.
The second game was exciting as the boys were asked to play against Laxachusetts as one team was a no show. The boys were winded and got behind 3-0 at the half and another goal in the second half put them at 4-0. They got their wind back and started to gel. They won 5-4.
The last game was against the same team from Boston. I believe the final was 5-3 Express.
Nice group of kids, parents and coaches on both sides today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 Orange won both of their games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express 2020 played at the Shamrock as the "Admirals". Couldn't miss the 15 boys wearing Express helmets.Lost championship to 91 orange 14-1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Goaliesdad
2019 had a strong showing. The first game against the NJ team was a shutout score was ~7 or 8 to 0.
The second game was exciting as the boys were asked to play against Laxachusetts as one team was a no show. The boys were winded and got behind 3-0 at the half and another goal in the second half put them at 4-0. They got their wind back and started to gel. They won 5-4.
The last game was against the same team from Boston. I believe the final was 5-3 Express.
Nice group of kids, parents and coaches on both sides today.

What tourney did you play?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
No tournament. Just 3 games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, 2/3 games with out-of-state teams. What a great preseason idea. On LI or elsewhere?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Orange went 3 for 3. It was a local event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Goalie dad. Good luck for the season. Hearing nothing but good things about you guys (coaches, boys, families).

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Are the tryouts to field an additional team or to fill spots on current rosters?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel that I should apologize for mocking express for having a 2021 team, i just heard the team 91 had tryouts for a 2022 team last week! what are these parents thinking? i would wager that more than half these kids can't even spell lacrosse! what's next a pre-k team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
laxmom- you should contact them directly about your child's age group, it might be different answers for different grades. IE 2020 might be adding teams while 2021 may b making new teams. these forums are more for opinions then facts and for facts you should always try to go to the source and not reply on anonymous posts from people with agendas

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HUH! If anyone knows the facts.. Isnt that what we are looking for

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the 2018 Express Orange was in Maryland this past weekend playing - who did they play and how did they do?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they played the 7th grade crab team and got beat soundly.

they also played a 6th grade texas team and won in a very close game.

Long drive for 2 games...

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
This is our first year participating in travel Lacrosse. My son is on 2019 white Long Island Express. We have won 2 games in this spring session. We play Outlaws almost every weekend. Practice and game notification are always last minute notice. We have one coach. This team needs help. My sons PAL team puts in more effort. I don't understand? The coach is very nice and knows how to teach the boys, however something seems amiss. The team is also a combined 5 & 6th grade team. Any advice? Does anyone know if LIE gives refunds if you are dissatisfied?

Last edited by schatzi; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 6th grade ??? something is amiss

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are taking about notifications to the Oyster league games (spring games), you are in the same boat as all of all teams in it. Some of us seem to handle it a bit better than others. i would not blame the coach.

If possible stick with it and see how it turns out for the summer.

I have heard Mike c. has always listen to parents when they needed to speak to him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You Have do understand express dosn't care about putting together good teams, they just want has many teams has possible. all about the $$$$$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think both the above statements are true - they want as many teams as possible and it is a business so it is all about the money, but Mike C is a salesman and he does listen because he does not want to lose customers- particularly a 2019 potential long term customer

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by schatzi
This is our first year participating in travel Lacrosse. My son is on 2019 white Long Island Express. We have won 2 games in this spring session. We play Outlaws almost every weekend. Practice and game notification are always last minute notice. We have one coach. This team needs help. My sons PAL team puts in more effort. I don't understand? The coach is very nice and knows how to teach the boys, however something seems amiss. The team is also a combined 5 & 6th grade team. Any advice? Does anyone know if LIE gives refunds if you are dissatisfied?

I know another parent who feels the same way, and has voiced concern to Mike C. He told them that the team will be getting split up and existing coach will handle 6th grade, while a new coach will handle the 5th grade team. I can only assume that new players are being added to these teams from the most recent tryouts. I suggest you stick it out till end of the tournament season, as I don't think you can get a refund.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Mike C is very nice however.when you have customers "investing" big bucks ( orange, blue & white paying the same) : payment, helmet Express gear etc.) and you get no responses from anyone or one word responses it is a bit inconsiderate.Too - whenever some of the parents asked what the full price was after we had to make the first 500$ payment none of us ever got a response until it was time to be fitted for uniforms and we were 1000$ deep. As parents show consideration by letting team leaders know if we will be late or cannot make a practice , we are consistantly hanging by a thread. I'm glad (sort of) to hear that other OB teams are getting the same treatment. I really feel this team is not encouraging to my sons skills other than the practices, where it has become a good learning tool. He is also getting hardly any playing time, in for three minutes , whistle blows & line change. The coaches starters are on the field most of the time and we get blown out every weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry to hear of your experience, having been through the circuit, sometimes its the organization, sometimes it the coaches.

If its the organization stick with the coaches... If its the coaches LEAVE.

But be careful it is cyclical...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is common throughout travel teams, same posting yesterday on 91 forum. If the coaches have a son on team he will utilized him to no end to up his game regardless if he is dead wood or not and if there is top talent ahead of him he will make sure to only utilize them to make his/her own son look like the allstar, who will argue with a coach when your own son is at his mercy with playing time. The fact is get rid of parent coaching and see what happens to that kid then.. chances are he wouldnt even be a thought during tryouts.

Sad shame that parent coaching on travel is all about the coaches son , at the cost of others.

Originally Posted by schatzi
Mike C is very nice however.when you have customers "investing" big bucks ( orange, blue & white paying the same) : payment, helmet Express gear etc.) and you get no responses from anyone or one word responses it is a bit inconsiderate.Too - whenever some of the parents asked what the full price was after we had to make the first 500$ payment none of us ever got a response until it was time to be fitted for uniforms and we were 1000$ deep. As parents show consideration by letting team leaders know if we will be late or cannot make a practice , we are consistantly hanging by a thread. I'm glad (sort of) to hear that other OB teams are getting the same treatment. I really feel this team is not encouraging to my sons skills other than the practices, where it has become a good learning tool. He is also getting hardly any playing time, in for three minutes , whistle blows & line change. The coaches starters are on the field most of the time and we get blown out every weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think both the above statements are true - they want as many teams as possible and it is a business so it is all about the money, but Mike C is a salesman and he does listen because he does not want to lose customers- particularly a 2019 potential long term customer

I think you're 100% wrong. We saw this in every team while with the Express for 3 years. We left. We wanted a place where our concerns were addressed and the teams were well run and coached.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many 2019 teams are there? Are the others happy grin

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Do you think 5th grade is too young to start travel lacrosse?
I ran into someone the other day and they said that kids start getting looked at starting in 7th grade under the rug? Any truth? Is burn out a concern for anyone? My kid does like to play other sports.

There are three 2019 teams on LIE. They just had tryouts for more. Are they all happy? Probably, blue and orange have the esteemed coaches and more than likely exceptionable players.

@ Anonymous - you stayed for three years with LIE , what age were your kids at and where are you now that you are happier? Why three years?

Also , the coach of my sons team has one coach only and none of his own children on the team.When you say cyclical - meaning most teams are run in this fashion? I do like my sons coach , I do think he cares but I do think he needs help.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think when you have your child play summer/travel lacrosse is a function of your child and how interested they are in the game and how much they want to play. I have three boys, and two of them wanted to play 5th grade Summer lax and they both loved it. I would encourage multiple sports if your child wants to do that to avoid burn out and to develop different/complementary skill sets - basketball and lax go well together; as does hockey and lax for example.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again, they just want the money as well. If your sons were so good in there town position why are they playing different positions beacause they are noot good enough

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Part of what I feel your dues on a travel team go for is paid coaches. Too many parent coaches have their own agenda for their kids and the kids friends. While town ball coaches are volunteer, travel coaches are typically paid and should not include parents as coaches. Ask going in what the coaching senerio is, if its a parent to a kid on the team, find another team,fast.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some express parent coaches are worth their weight in.... Gold!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I perused travel lacrosse for my son to receive better instruction. The town program where I live is only two years old and the boys are very mixed in talent. Simple catching and passing become frustrating when a basic skill needs to be practiced and your child is at a different level. He still plays on that team though because they are his friends and the fundamentals of having fun with your friends is very important. My son has been playing much longer in a different town , however that program fizzled out. I wanted him playing with better players to bring up his game. In the past my experience was that the better kids he played with the better he actually played and the more he learned. I will say playing on on LIE has definitely boosted his knowledge/strategy & confidence. I do wish he would get more play time, unfortunately he is one of two 5th graders playing on a 6th grade team & the coach really hasn't given him a chance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 payments of $600 $1800

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ASK TO PLAY ON A 5TH GRADE TEAM THERE ARE ENOUGH BOYS TO CARRY QUITE A FEW TEAMS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
very impressive that you're sending you're 4th grade Orange "A" team to lehigh to play in a 3rd/4th grade division.

Like Reply Quote
Page 20 of 144 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard