BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 213 of 327 1 2 211 212 213 214 215 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Be honest, you wouldn't want 95% of any travel club parents in a foxhole with you. If you are looking trustworthy friends you have a better chance with one of your neighbors from your PAL team. Most people are playing club to get recruited and play in college. If someone gets more minutes or more points its bad for you. Everyone is paying crazy amounts of money so it kind of nullifies the koom bah ya that every club preaches they have.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Be honest, you wouldn't want 95% of any travel club parents in a foxhole with you. If you are looking trustworthy friends you have a better chance with one of your neighbors from your PAL team. Most people are playing club to get recruited and play in college. If someone gets more minutes or more points its bad for you. Everyone is paying crazy amounts of money so it kind of nullifies the koom bah ya that every club preaches they have.

If you want to be recruited by a certain school the best way to start the process is to attend their camp. You don't have to hope your chosen school comes to your game to watch. You go to them and show what you have to offer. Playing club ball hopefully raises your game to a level where College coaches will be interested. Playing with the best, and against the best will hopefully accelerate the process of obtaining the necessary skills. You don't need to drag someone else down to make someone else look good. What ever club you play for make sure it is a good fit for you and your daughter. There is no right or wrong club , just the right club for you and your daughter. Best of luck to all !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really??? Dummy??? Well I now know that your daughter is not on the 2021 Blue team as not one of our parents would act like this,If she is, lets see who you are then, at our first winter game next Saturday announce yourself so we all know who has the big mouth! Calling out an 11 year old girl is pathetic! I have never posted here until I read your trashing of an 11 year old girl, If that's what goes through your mind why bother with the Yellow Jackets? take your daughter to another program where she will play more! Why put yourself through this?d
you are cluless and an idiot .All the parents on any given YJ team are phonies. They care only about their daughter. Get a clue!!

I can't speak for other teams ( apparently you are capable of this) but my experience has been nothing but positive on YJ 2021 Blue. Great parents great kids. I suspect you are not from this club and enjoy taking shots at YJ.

You are correct about 2021 blue, I am 99% sure this ill will is coming from the parents of the looked over players on the lower teams. In any case it is sad that it exists. So here is another way this thread can be used, congratulations to the new players and parents and welcome to the team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What did people think of the Elite 120 this year? A lot of coaches? Quality of players? Curious for advice as my daughter would be eligible next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's pretty apparent someone does not know what they are talking about here. The 2021 girl's father did not beg her onto the blue team, he actually has reservations about her moving up. She made the second team, same team she was on last year. There is a few new girls on the team and a couple moved down. There was an open spot and they gave it to her. Please don't have sour grapes about your daughter not getting the call up. If she works hard she will be up on Blue before you know it. To rip an 11 or 12 year old here is simply shameful. If you signed your name I would have more respect for you. Have your daughter work hard and she will get her chance also.

I agree, discussing the girl is off limits. However, the 2021 Blue team now has 25 players and did not have that many for their first two years so there was no spot to fill. The beauty of this team has been a very low maintenance group of parents and girls that generally all get along without the drama. If what is on here is true, the dad needs to tone it down or he we get run very quickly.

The kids get numbers the first year they were on the team. LS is 25 and KV was 26. The current roster is actually down one kid from the past two years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What did people think of the Elite 120 this year? A lot of coaches? Quality of players? Curious for advice as my daughter would be eligible next year.

Excellent, high caliber colleges were there. Competition was strong and there is clearly a lot of skill at the 2018s age group. Didn't see any 2017 games so can't comment. Overall a great experience. Long Island (regardless of club) represented well. Good going girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's pretty apparent someone does not know what they are talking about here. The 2021 girl's father did not beg her onto the blue team, he actually has reservations about her moving up. She made the second team, same team she was on last year. There is a few new girls on the team and a couple moved down. There was an open spot and they gave it to her. Please don't have sour grapes about your daughter not getting the call up. If she works hard she will be up on Blue before you know it. To rip an 11 or 12 year old here is simply shameful. If you signed your name I would have more respect for you. Have your daughter work hard and she will get her chance also.

I agree, discussing the girl is off limits. However, the 2021 Blue team now has 25 players and did not have that many for their first two years so there was no spot to fill. The beauty of this team has been a very low maintenance group of parents and girls that generally all get along without the drama. If what is on here is true, the dad needs to tone it down or he we get run very quickly.

The kids get numbers the first year they were on the team. LS is 25 and KV was 26. The current roster is actually down one kid from the past two years.

Inaccurate, daughter on the team both years and they had exactly two teams of 12 that generally rotated together. Nice try though...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glad to see another Top Guns parent is reading the YJ thread again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Inaccurate, daughter on the team both years and they had exactly two teams of 12 that generally rotated together. Nice try though...

Agreed, look at the 2023 roster, first year with the club and some already have numbers because they played up last year. The numbers you cite above 24 are irrelevant.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure the experience on the 2021 Blue has been enjoyable. The first team, at every age level, is always CR's favorite. However, the parents of the 2nd and 3rd team pay the same amount of money as the Blue team parents. However the experience is not quite the same. The 2nd team has had a different coach every year. Absolutely no consistency from year to year. The first year was a couple of college students who spent more time on their phones during the games, than coaching. Then they had coach Thorne, who the girls really enjoyed, but she is moving to take the 2023 Blue team. This year will be another coach with limited coaching experience.
The 3rd team has had to face poor skills training, and unfair competition at tournaments week in and week out. That team is CR's lamb to the slaughter, used to back fill tournament slots she has over committed too.
So I'm glad your enjoying the Blue team.... but spend some of your day observing how the other teams survive the training and tournaments. Keep in mind their parents pay the same as you.... Then let me know if you think it's fair and even. Let me know if you think the 2nd/3rd/4th/5th teams at different grade levels don't have a legitimate gripe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed, look at the 2023 roster, first year with the club and some already have numbers because they played up last year. The numbers you cite above 24 are irrelevant.

If you think kids aren't going to be moved every year, for whatever reasonn wake up. You all have a choice. If your not happy go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you think kids aren't going to be moved every year, for whatever reasonn wake up. You all have a choice. If your not happy go.

perfectly happy, the point was simply the roster going from 24 to 25 and that is a lot of players. An accurate observation, but not a reason to leave at this juncture. Playing time allocations will dictate a lot going forward.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually he's right. My daughter was 77 when she played up on the 2020 team and got 26 the first year of the 2021s as there were 26 kids rostered. The 12 on 12 was probable because someone was missing from practice or something. Hit me up at the next practice and we can talk it through. BV

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people need to get a life!! My 2023 my 2021 my 2026 please

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually he's right. My daughter was 77 when she played up on the 2020 team and got 26 the first year of the 2021s as there were 26 kids rostered. The 12 on 12 was probable because someone was missing from practice or something. Hit me up at the next practice and we can talk it through. BV

There were 24 last year, #4 and #6 were on the blue team in 4th grade and in 5th were moved down to the 2nd team. Definitely 24 girls last year, because when the girl from NC was missing we had 23. But even 24 is too many, let alone 24. Doesn't affect you because your daughter splits game no matter what. You will see when it starts at the tournaments, you will see the act. Hopefully it will be toned down, as I think there are more than a few parents that are all too keen, but we will all live with it, as they are great players. She will catch up, or sit, she will learn not to try to go to goal all the the time or sit. Her dad will be quiet or she'll sit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough with the Daddy Coach BS. FYI....CR is taking an interest in that team. She ran an hour and half practice on Saturday with them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what does CR bring to the table?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough with the Daddy Coach BS. FYI....CR is taking an interest in that team. She ran an hour and half practice on Saturday with them.

She must recognize some potential greatness with them or at least a few of the top players... It's good for the YJ brand! Keeps the kids paying to be on teams 2,3,4... Say what you want but the woman know her business.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just to keep the crazies on the hook.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The kid in question wears 54, issued that high number because she was supposed to be on the third team last year, but miraculously got moved to second team. Again this year same thing 2nd to 1st. Both after tryouts were posted listing her with 3rd team and 2nd team respectively. If it happened once I would say she probably had the skills. But the fact that it happened two years in a row shows that something is fishy.

It goes to show you its not what you know but who you know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The kid in question wears 54, issued that high number because she was supposed to be on the third team last year, but miraculously got moved to second team. Again this year same thing 2nd to 1st. Both after tryouts were posted listing her with 3rd team and 2nd team respectively. If it happened once I would say she probably had the skills. But the fact that it happened two years in a row shows that something is fishy.

It goes to show you its not what you know but who you know.

So we are not using names to protect players identity. What number does your daughter wear? Don't worry, no one will ever figure it out. We have a better clue, what player has such a jealous dad that they live on this thread crying their eyes out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there better options ? My daughter is very in to lacrosse and quite good ( thus far) . She would love a camp as she intends to try out for YJ. Is there any other programs that you could recommend for a 3rd grader ? Thank

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there better options ? My daughter is very in to lacrosse and quite good ( thus far) . She would love a camp as she intends to try out for YJ. Is there any other programs that you could recommend for a 3rd grader ? Thank

Sign up for the YJ recruiting package right away, you are already in third grade and you are way behind. Private lessons are offered to get you up to speed. Call the office for the direct deposit number for auto payments. Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sign up for the YJ recruiting package right away, you are already in third grade and you are way behind. Private lessons are offered to get you up to speed. Call the office for the direct deposit number for auto payments. Good luck!
you should also sign her up for strength training, you are behind there as well. FInally, if she is as good as you say, you should make a highlight video and get her set up on LacrroseRecruits.com. They are recruting earlier and earlier these days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think she is just baby sitting the DADDY coach. Too many kids dropped out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you should also sign her up for strength training, you are behind there as well. FInally, if she is as good as you say, you should make a highlight video and get her set up on LacrroseRecruits.com. They are recruting earlier and earlier these days.

Now that is funny

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She must recognize some potential greatness with them or at least a few of the top players... It's good for the YJ brand! Keeps the kids paying to be on teams 2,3,4... Say what you want but the woman know her business.

If it’s true that there was 6 -10 kids that didn’t accept their position because this guy is the coach, then maybe she RECOGNIZED that she made a mistake and is losing revenue because of it. Her being present could be that she just wants to make sure this doesn’t turn into a total nightmare. Quite honestly, I don’t know if I would have accepted either, but I will be rooting for this team to succeed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is not the reason they left. The reason is the head coach, who is virtually non-existent. Did not even show up to try-outs. CR has not paid any attention to them either. Saturday is the first interaction she has had with this team ever! So, give the guy some credit for keeping a stick in their hand and creating some team bonding before the season starts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which year is this in reference to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw some names missing from the US U19 final roster. Surprising???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mt. Sinai kid noticeably absent. Heard about some attitude/commitment problems with her lax in the past year. Hope it's not true, kid can flat out play!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm from Mt Sinai and there isn't a more committed kid out there. I am not sure where that came from but that kid trains all the time! In addition she is a great kid!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mt. Sinai kid noticeably absent. Heard about some attitude/commitment problems with her lax in the past year. Hope it's not true, kid can flat out play!

Please , its usually about politics even at that level, if you are committed to a school that has a coach that is very involved in the process then you make the cut if you have several coaches involved in the process then you can be vastly inferior to others and still make the cut. Mt.Sinai kid probably playing for a school with no connections.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, big congrats to girls who did make it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More surprising is the WB not making cut.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If it’s true that there was 6 -10 kids that didn’t accept their position because this guy is the coach, then maybe she RECOGNIZED that she made a mistake and is losing revenue because of it. Her being present could be that she just wants to make sure this doesn’t turn into a total nightmare. Quite honestly, I don’t know if I would have accepted either, but I will be rooting for this team to succeed.

The problem with most daddy/mommy coaches is that they tend to think that their kid is better than they really are and for that reason places them above others when other kids are deserving of that spot. I don’t know this coach, so I can’t say if that’s his style, but I think with him not having any LAX experience can be a sore spot for anyone involved. At this level, I think the kids deserve to have an experienced coach. Just wondering, how was he picked to be the coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean run...hard shot and run...does she make others around her better?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, big congrats to girls who did make it!

think about the girls who didnt even get a chance to be evaluated...we have kids on LI who are better than some on the U19 roster....

Like Reply Quote
Page 213 of 327 1 2 211 212 213 214 215 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard