Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I do not understand how parents think it should be equal playing time. Both TG black and YJ blue have about 8 kids that should not even be on the team or even see any quality of field time. The first goal of travel is to win, not equal playing time. Most parents are delusional with there kids ability on the field. If you feel your daughter deserves more field time, spend more time with her at the field. Both teams have about 6 true lax players. The rest are just position fillers.

From a TG black parent, I wish the teams were more win at all costs, they seem intent on playing all in fair rotations and I see games slip away that are winnable. And you are correct, if teams played the top 6 or 8 kids and had a small rotation of bench the teams would be exponentially stronger. But this is big$ business, both TG and YJ. Look at premier soccer teams, they roster and play to win. I hear elevate are cutting teams to 18 players. They are on the fringe of high competitive teams, this will make them much more competitive. Wish our club would do this. 24plus kids on a team, what a waste of time. Spend all that time on travel, hotel, tuition, and would love the idea of real playing time. It is a greedy model CR invented and BS copied. Watching the competitiveness of this model slipping away so hopefully they follow suit and trim to 18 players, it would make for much happier players, parents and less headaches, more wins. It is a no brainer. At least do it on the top black teams.

You are not a TG 20 black parent so stop with the nonsense. Tired of seeing games slip away? Hasn't happened.