Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone know anything about the Long Island All American games for girls? Is it only for YJ players?

No there are players from many different clubs but mostly YJ , seems expensive but fun , I heard kids are getting a lot of swag for the money .

Rosters are up and GASP it's YJ v YJ!! Some of the girls on the younger rosters didn't even step on the field , so how are they chosen as the best that played high school games this year?? That's what the "mission statement" reads? Seems to me like it's a made up game that YJ founder created so her girls can put it on their transcripts.

This is fantastic marketing by the YJ's. Since no outside teams go the "LI Elite Recruiting Showcase" anymore at Mitchell Field. Let's hold a YJ All-Star game at the same location at the same time so that the kids can add this to their resume. I wonder if they will also be charging their $10 admission at the door at Mitchel like they always do.

Eh, I know some non YJ's are rostered so it's not just the YJs. However, I saw on the website that you can nominate yourself. so, um, really? I guess all nominations get reviewed, and IDK who does that. I saw no PR about this until the rosters were announced.