…..and so it begins. Have older boys playing lax as well as a 2030. It gets worse going forward. Playing older kids, kids from the AA/AAA. (Yes I typed AAA…ego’s?) kids jumping teams (most likely to express or 91 bc they are the brands that seem to dominate li lax) it will lead to flying kids in from other states to play. Kids being offered scholarships. I’ve learned it’s about the team you are playing for keeping their brand at the highest level they can at whatever cost. And brands that are clawing to stay in the game. (My sons were not cut, yet watched many that were. Just to point out that I’m not a bitter parent who got cut from a top team)
I’ve learned it’s about my sons’ playing time, coaching, development. The last sentence is truly what matters… because once the boys hit high school, they can shine on their own….if they have the talent.
Enjoy the journey. If your child will eventually be a D1 they will show that. If you’re happy that your kid is playing an awesome sport, then just enjoy the journey, try to keep an amazing parent culture, smile, laugh, enjoy the tent time, and let the kids enjoy the experience of having a “team culture” . What will be will be.
Most importantly… don’t be an Meany0le on the sideline. It’s still youth lacrosse.