Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Yellow Jackets 2015 Blue team was not at the Rise Last year.
They were there this year and won the tournament.
Always a good game with Liberty.

Correct about 2015 and this year. 2015 Liberty won it last year, but the jackets were not their. The 2014 jacket team was their last year and lost (to a non-LI team) and Liberty 2014 ended up winning that tournament as well. Liberty and TG have strong reputations among D1 college coaches and they both produce many players that play at the highest level, but not in the same numbers as the jackets. Jackets continue to be the clear leader in producing D1 lacrosse players and winning the most tournaments. Going to be a real exciting final four today. Good luck to the kids and parents. Enjoy the competition becuz it goes by fast!

IMHO, I think that both the T.G. and Y.J. parents are missing the whole point to travel lacrosse. if your sole purpose is to have your daughter on a winning team than you are probably doing her an injustice. Most kids will make the best of a situation and have friends on any team they play on, but does that situation fit your daughters personality and scholastic goals. Sure the Y.J. win more tournaments, so what. sure they send more kids D-1, but where http://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/list/? not all schools are the same, they also have twice as many teams as Liberty and T.G. so it stand to reason they will have more commits. here is an interesting article I found yesterday ( i hope sage doesn't mind )

Accelerated Recruiting Creates Culture of Fear

October 18, 2012
by Justin Feil | LaxMagazine.com

"It was kind of scary to be 16 and have to think about what I was going to major in," said former Ridgewood (N.J.) All-American midfielder Kelci Smesko.
© Dero Sanford
On Thursday, US Lacrosse issued a statement expressing concern over the the complex nature of collegiate recruiting process for high school student-athletes. With this in mind, here is an article on the topic from the May issue of Lacrosse Magazine. Don't get the mag? Join US Lacrosse and its 400,000-plus members today to start your subscription.

It happens all the time in horror films. A nervous pedestrian finds herself in a dark alley only to be ambushed. NCAA Division I women's lacrosse advocates feel that way now. Accelerated recruiting has sent their sport into a spiral.

"There's a really big culture of fear right now," said Quinnipiac head coach Danie Caro.

It's a rat race for the high school athletes competing for scholarships (a maximum of 12 for fully-funded programs), for coaches competing in an arena that has grown to over 100 teams, for parents trying to pay for college and for club teams looking to turn a profit by claiming their players are the most committed.

"I had a sophomore tell me they step out at lunch time to call coaches," said Notre Dame head coach Christine Halfpenny. "They sit in the car and make calls to college coaches. I thought that was wildly outrageous to me. They should be eating lunch and getting ready for algebra."

Some coaches want to ban all contact with sophomores, even on unofficial visits. But the NCAA won't change anything without making sweeping changes across all sports. In fact, new legislation could lead to even less policing of the process.

"Everything in the last year has been geared toward deregulation," said Duke head coach Kerstin Kimel. "It's floored us."

Caro was president of the Intercollegiate Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association (IWLCA) in 2008 when they sent a proposal to the recruiting subcommittee of the academics/eligibility/compliance cabinet of the NCAA with recommended legislation.

"We saw it coming," she said. "We've always known we didn't want to go down the path of basketball, soccer and men's lacrosse."

Even Caro, whose program is not a top-20 team, had finished recruiting her high school class of 2013 by last spring. Last year's college seniors were the first class to commit mostly as juniors, Sailer and Kimel said. Official visits were a formality.

"It will change when you reach a critical mass of coaches who have made bad decisions and players who have made bad decisions," Sailer said. "Then you might get a little bit of a pushback on it."

US Lacrosse Statement on Recruiting

US Lacrosse shares the concern of many lacrosse players, parents and coaches that the college recruiting process is not structured or timed in the best interests ... [Read More]

Kelci Smesko, an All-American senior midfielder out of Ridgewood (N.J.) High, had those concerns when she started to explore schools.

"It was kind of scary to be 16 and have to think about what I was going to major in," she said. "I wanted my heart to be fully in the school I chose. It didn't come easy."

Smesko verbally committed to Duke in December of her junior year, but only after taking unofficial visits to four other schools. She's one of the lucky ones. Schools will wait for a blue chip. She also has parents who steered her through the process.

"Parents are a big part of the process," Halfpenny said. "That's a good thing. They need as much mentoring and guidance as possible. It's not a four-year choice — it's a 40-year choice."

interesting forbes list ranking the top 5 lax schools academically-

#73 Maryland $42,000 per year
#38 North Carolina $44,000 per year
#17 Northwestern $60,000 per year
#123 Syracuse $56,000 per year
#74 Florida $42,000 per year