I'm not privy to the details with this situation but as a former parent of an older ex-Maryland United player (who also happens to have a 2024 player with another club and reason I'm even on this forum)... I can assure you this was NOT a smart move. There is NO loyalty at Maryland United. ZERO! They will do whatever it takes to win and try to stay relevant (which seems to be much harder for them in the younger age groups with so many good competitive clubs popping up in the entire Mid-Atlantic and South regions). If they had a weak 2024 team (which I know they did), ownership at MDU would do whatever it took to change that. I personally saw MDU move girls from East to West or cut them in order to make room for someone they guaranteed a spot to. And then MDU turned around the following year and moved this "new recruited girl" from East to West. They ended up leaving the club the following year and went to Hero's. Karma is a B&%$ and I can assure you these LBC/MDU players and parents will feel it in the next year or so. I've seen it happen too many times in the past. And it doesn't end once they reach high school level either. Girls are told they can be moved between East and West even though they don't have to officially tryout anymore. Parents are so naive to think their kids are that "special" and the exception. Side deals are made way into the high school years and your child will not be shielded from this.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
The parents of an LBC 23 and 24 player negotiated the move of some LBC24 kids to MDU in exchange for placement of both of their daughters on the MDU 23 & 24 teams. This was worked out even before tryouts because LBC24 would always beat MDU24 and MDU was heavily courting these LBC players. I've heard the MDU 24 parents caught wind of this and are now moving to Integrity. So much for a fair tryout process! And now these LBC parents that are moving to MDU are spreading rumors that LBC isn't allowed in any recruiting showcases to justify their move vs the real reasons. LBC participated in all the key recruiting showcases this year and will continue to do so. But of course parents will say whatever necessary to justify their deplorable actions.

Originally Posted by cltlax
Heard from a family friend that the LBC 2024 team is moving to MD United. From my understanding the LBC 2024 team has been very competitive and one of the better teams in the state. Just curious as to why something like that would happen.

Makes no sense-MDU is not a strong club anymore at lower years

I thought the '23 team was pretty good.