Just a different perspective. There are lots of shades between black and white. My daughters has been on teams where they've easily won every game is a season and on teams where they've been crushed. I have to say that my proudest moments have come in games that she lost. I saw her strength and perseverance--the drive to keep going without getting discouraged. When I hear parents mostly focused on the end score, I hear, "Go to goal"; "Bad call ref"; "Come On! She keeps fouling"; etc. Then after the game I hear these parents helping their children find excuses by bad mouthing the refs and other team. Think of all the hours your children put into practicing lacrosse. To have your children work so hard and then define success only as having a higher score does them a disservice. It is not fair to your child. Sometime, it is just downright mean. When I talk to my kid about being the best, it is about trying to outsmart and outwork the opponent.

When I think of the time and money I invest each year in sports, I would hope expectations for child development went beyond winning games. I think in the end, we want the same thing for our daughters, we just have different opinions on how to get there and what role sports should play. I wish your daughter well.