Originally Posted by Anonymous
I would have to say that playing time is most important for a kids development. Not practice. Don't get me wrong, practice is important but real game decision making and play execution is critical. Kids that ride bench do lose there confidence as players. They are not excited when the team wins because they are not really a part of it. My son has been on both ends. As for HS play, you can't count on that. Many top schools are so deep in talent that D1 commits don't see much of the field till senior year. My advice is to try to get on a team where your son is valued, counted on, and appreciated. If you are the bottom 1/3 of the team you are really not contributing, probably traveling far distance for minutes on the field, and can and will be replaced without a second thought!
. I've seen practice kids outside certain organizations not impressed at all need to grow or become more aggressive

I have to disagree with you, real speed practice is more important than games. But it has to be fast paced practice, high intensity is the key. If you practice fast, you play fast. That is a fact.

Ok, your opinion. Just not what I have observed. There is just this one little thing called genettics. Fact!