Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's a joke of a tournament. Everyone knows that. But if you are going to brag about winning some youth tournament, please don't call it a "national championship".

That's a totally throw-away statement. However you define a tournament, it's no joke. These boards are filled with complaints of disorganized tournaments that don't follow the age rules and favor the host teams. This was extremely well organized, actually enforced age rules, required certain tournament finishes to qualify (though, admittedly some were easy, it still seemed to the kids and families that they had earned the right to go), had a really good seeding system, got teams from all over North America and was fun in every way. It is NOT a national championship and doesn't call itself that.

I have no connection with Madlax and, in fact, wouldn't want my kid in Maddux's club system, so I wasn't bragging, but I still think it's pretty respectable that Madlax won U13 and U15 at [lacrosse]'s and I expect the families feel like Madlax is doing a good job as a lacrosse club.