Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
DCE gets killed by FCA. I would take FCA -4. DCE is allowing 9 goals per game including allowing 5 points by team 91 (possibly the worst offense in the division). Additionaly, both teams played the Hawks FCA allowed only 6 goals whereas DCE allowed 11. In 8th grade lacrosse you score what the other team let’s you score and DCE let’s the other team score a lot.

NL narrowly beats ML. ML is the exception that proves the rule great defense but underpowered offense. This game will produce a soccer score of 3-2 (possibly in double overtime) I would not bet this game.

The other games are pretty much a lock with the top of the division playing the bottom dwellers. However, the games will be much closer than expected as I think both the Crabs and Hawks will give significant field time to their bench players.

Ultimately I don’t think any of this matters as the Hawks have a mortal lock on the championship (but let’s hope I’m wrong) End of the season prediction:

1.Hawks
2. Crabs
3. FCA
4. NL
5. ML
6.DCE
7.Team 91
8. Team Money

Let’s see what happens w DCE and FCA. 2 games is not a trend for DCE— looking at their schedule, they’ve played 17 games and have only given up more than 7 goals 3x. And two of those were against top 5 teams in the country, Hawks and LE. Have seen them play a number of times, their back end defense is very legit. Something clearly gave way in the NL and Hawks games, but likely an anomaly.

Watched the ML/Crabs game this past weekend. Both teams have some talent. Crabs have one superstar at LAttack, Madlax has a good FOGO and some niece D players.

By the way, who did the Crabs lose their only game to a month ago 9-6? A motley crew of 17-18 DCE and NL kids coached by some dads. And it was a spanking. Don’t count out NL and DCE just yet. If NL handles Madlax, and I think they will, ML is the one on the outside looking in.

This the second time someone has pointed to DCE GA since last fall (I assume the same person both times), but comparing GA in HOCO to fall tourneys is sort of apples to oranges because the tourney games are usually shorter than HOCO games and arguably slower if they're on grass, so you should give up fewer goals under those circumstances.

FWIW MadLax can make the same claim about giving up 7 or fewer goals only 3 times since the fall, Hawks have done so only twice, and FCA and Team Money only once.