Originally Posted by Anonymous
Saturday will tell the story for MadLax. If they win, they are a playoff team, if they lose they are an 0-3 team whose fly ins will probably stop coming.
You only have half of the equation. If they win, and if FCA beats DCE— they have a chance. But they’ll be 1-3 after next weekend should they upset NL this weekend. Would need to win out.

Greater likelihood is what someone else suggested. they go to 0-4 next Sat and the flyins stay home

Wait, is there still time to change team names for this HOCO season? Asking for a friend.

Haaaaaaaa. Burrito Supreme, Moniments, and Capital have already been used. Will need to get more imaginative.

So it looks like the playoff picture will come down to two games, MadLax vs. Next Level this Saturday, and Madlax vs DCE on the last day. One of those three will get the last playoff spot. I don't see a scenario where Crabs, Hawks, and FCA do not make the playoffs, nor do I see a path where 91 or Team Money do make it. I expect there will be movement among those teams this summer as teams get set for HS, so how those teams perform against each other is big. Madlax families buy your plane tickets and book your hotels!

I am looking forward to hearing how the DCE vs. Madlax game goes with so much of the Madlax from last year moving over.

Could be a meaningless game if both teams are out of the playoffs— but will certainly matter to the boys playing the game!

Didn't several of those guys move to NL as well? Will get some of that this weekend.
Indeed. An attackman and LSM. And likely a couple more on the way when HoCo is done. There was plenty of spite already between these two teams.

MadLax players will only jump to Next Level if the Next Level team is perceived as an upgrade. If MadLax has a bunch of fly in superstars and they shred Next Level the way that Crabs shredded Next Level, then none of those players will go to Next Level. to the contrary, in that scenario NL players will be looking to jump to DC express. But if the Madlax fly-ins stop coming and it becomes a small depressing bunch who can't beat anyone, then their players definitely will be going to NL, and DCE too. everyone wants to be on the best team that they can for high school. that is one reason (among others) why 8th grade HoCo certainly does matter.

I don't know, I'm not a NL parent but my son has played against that team for years and my impression is that their roster has stayed largely intact over time. Most of those kids are going to go to high schools with good lacrosse programs that will give them plenty of exposure and my sense is that many of the families know each other and are pretty close, so I don't expect a mass exodus even if they're ranked outside the top 20 or 25 nationally.

I do think there will be some level of reshuffling as the DCE roster is pretty big, as they seemed to want to attract as many kids as possible and realized that they had to give out A team offers to bring people over (including the ML mutineer package deal), so probably over-rostered that team. I'm not sure where they will go though.

good observations. and I like the mutineer label, although you can hardly blame those families. if i were them I would not have waited until 8th grade for my mutiny!