BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,822
Posts391,056
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 65 of 68 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 68
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
First you have committed to your home club. The team you spend most of your time with. Second there are many opportunities to play on side clubs different from your home team and witch “may” provide a different opportunity. My feeling is if this side club interferes at all with your home club then the home club may have never been your choice or you have FOMO and feel that if you miss this opportunity you kid will never make it. Don’t let the side club, that may play a few tournaments interfere with the real meat and bones of team lacrosse. Many of the “allstar” teams are just money makers. Would you like it if you planned a birthday party with your friend and they cancelled because they decided to hang out with a friend of a friend that they kind of knew to get a beer.

let’s be honest… He’s likely talking about crabs. Crabs does not tolerate players playing on any other team. It doesn’t matter if there is no schedule conflict.

I get it at the high school, but in middle school, that policy is just wrong.

Yes, you need to give your home club priority. But if the schedule allows the player to play elsewhere and he wants to do so, there should be no reason a youth sports organization stands in his way.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First you have committed to your home club. The team you spend most of your time with. Second there are many opportunities to play on side clubs different from your home team and witch “may” provide a different opportunity. My feeling is if this side club interferes at all with your home club then the home club may have never been your choice or you have FOMO and feel that if you miss this opportunity you kid will never make it. Don’t let the side club, that may play a few tournaments interfere with the real meat and bones of team lacrosse. Many of the “allstar” teams are just money makers. Would you like it if you planned a birthday party with your friend and they cancelled because they decided to hang out with a friend of a friend that they kind of knew to get a beer.

let’s be honest… He’s likely talking about crabs. Crabs does not tolerate players playing on any other team. It doesn’t matter if there is no schedule conflict.

Yes, you need to give your home club priority. But if the schedule allows the player to play elsewhere and he wants to do so, there should be no reason a youth sports organization stands in his way.

Not true. If the boy is a student - crabs absolutely will look the other way. Happens on each high school team. Only if not a student will King Crab have issues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For all the talk of increased competition this spring in HoCo, we had the exact same match ups as last year in the semis and now the same championship game. (I know the seeding was different). Maybe Hawks lose this year so at least something is different?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks Like true is adding another team in Maryland. True HOCO. 29 a younger. I am guessing their business model is working. Wonder which team they bought.
Some kind of power struggle between the VA families and the MD families? VA is claiming teams success do MD has to travel more.
Or there is nothing out there, so they are staking claim?

The 29 team is the ONLY True team in elite/aaa playoffs in hoco. There is no True model at work here. The 29 team has worked hard to make it. See nothing in True that is helping there.

The "TRUE" Model is to make $$$$. That is there number one metric. They are succeeding!! They don't care how the True HOCO team will do at any age group. It's just an increase in revenue which = WIN!

True Chesapeake 2029 was a team that stayed together as a successful rec team (ALC Bay Raiders), and then improved with the migration of VLC's best players. Congrats on a great season to them!

Suprise loss there to Next Level. Let's see next year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone assembled a list of tryout dates for 2029 teams that they would be willing to share here?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone catch the end of the hawks and madlax game? I am hearing it was an instant classic. Hawks trailed most of the game.

Should be an interesting ship

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true. If the boy is a student - crabs absolutely will look the other way. Happens on each high school team. Only if not a student will King Crab have issues.

As opposed to the non-student 24 year old auto mechanics that are guest playing for Crabs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Down goes Hawks! Congrats to Next Level!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a great season. Love how each week provided excitement and uncertainty about who will come out on top.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As opposed to the non-student 24 year old auto mechanics that are guest playing for Crabs?

Cpme on ... King Crab likes them old, but 24 ? that's a stretch , Most I have seen him have in HS tournament was 21 .. So there is that going for him.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats Next Level.......if people are honest, I don't think anyone saw that coming. Just shows the parity at the 2029 elite division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats Next Level.......if people are honest, I don't think anyone saw that coming. Just shows the parity at the 2029 elite division.

Odd that the year of parity aligned with age verification…..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More like puberty. Only one team appeared to be impacted by age verification and it was FCA. MOVE ALONG

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There was parity last year as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AAA Dad here....curious what teams in the Elite Division have "Daddy Ball" coaching? Looking to have my son tryout for a couple elite teams to try and make that jump, but don't want a Dad coach.

Every time I hear the Daddy Ball comment I feel like it is just an excuse. If your kid is good enough he will play. I am sure there are exceptions to this but I hear this criticism way too often. Your bigger challenge is being better than the kids already on Elite rosters because those are largely well established teams but again if your son stands out and performs he will earn his time. Many of those teams go into tryout season looking only to fill a slot or two so if your only criteria is whether the coach has a kid on the team you are limiting your options.

It really is a mixed bag. I think it's more important to find out if the coach's kid is actually any good and does he play your child's position. There can be some significant benefits to the daddy-ball coach at this level, including making sure the team is getting enough practice to develop, actively recruiting top talent to the team, etc. Probably the worst situation is daddy-club/program-director. Unless your kid is on the daddy-club/program-director's team and/or the team isn't already built, good luck. You'll get all of the reject coaches and don't be shocked if you show up at a tournament without a suitable goalie. "Hey D-Pole kid, you know defense, you ever played goal? Wanna try against AA level competition at this tournament?" Yeah, those were good times. We left the club after that tournament (the pattern had been there, we had just ignored it hoping it would get better because we got on with the families). Felt horrible for the D-Pole kid. He got peppered all tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was age verification not puberty. The difference from fall '23 to spring '23 to Spring of '24 tells a very compelling story. The teams that relied heavily on older kids are feeling the pain and the ones that did not/ or got lucky kids were developing elsewhere are pleased.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This 👆

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That 👏

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whether it was age verification or not, league was pretty balanced. Congrats to Nextlevel, definitely surprised me. True C had a a great year with their new team, the loss of one of their key players could of had an affect on their playoff run. Hawks and Madlax were solid like usual. Team 91 and LTLC are definitely teams to watch for next year. Will be interested to see if True NOVA moves up, they kind of steamrolled AAA. The VLC breakup definitely helped the True program. Loved the shot clock change. Think it kept games competitive. Looking forward to next year already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Certainly more parity regardless of age or puberty... who cares. Parity is good. Now will kids start shuffling to new teams this year? Or stay one more year and shuffle after 8th?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was age verification not puberty. The difference from fall '23 to spring '23 to Spring of '24 tells a very compelling story. The teams that relied heavily on older kids are feeling the pain and the ones that did not/ or got lucky kids were developing elsewhere are pleased.

Again, what teams are you implying lost kids to age verification? FCA is the only one I am aware of

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes great season. Team 91 over a long period of time. Legends improved drastically over it's last three seasons. They could have made a run this year with lossing games by 1 goal margins to top teams. If was really a 5 team race at going into week 8. Like in many top games, the small mistakes make the largest differences.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whether it was age verification or not, league was pretty balanced. Congrats to Nextlevel, definitely surprised me. True C had a a great year with their new team, the loss of one of their key players could of had an affect on their playoff run. Hawks and Madlax were solid like usual. Team 91 and LTLC are definitely teams to watch for next year. Will be interested to see if True NOVA moves up, they kind of steamrolled AAA. The VLC breakup definitely helped the True program. Loved the shot clock change. Think it kept games competitive. Looking forward to next year already.

Could be a 4A division next year like I have seen in other ages in the past because where do you put DCE and True NOVA, I am assuming none of Teams in Elite will voluntarily drop down

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whether it was age verification or not, league was pretty balanced. Congrats to Nextlevel, definitely surprised me. True C had a a great year with their new team, the loss of one of their key players could have had an affect on their playoff run. Hawks and Madlax were solid like usual. Team 91 and LTLC are definitely teams to watch for next year. Will be interested to see if True NOVA moves up, they kind of steamrolled AAA. The VLC breakup definitely helped the True program. Loved the shot clock change. Think it kept games competitive. Looking forward to next year already.

No team should live or die based on one player but I got to watch a few True C games and that #00 was making the other teams commit their better long poles on him. I’m sure it would’ve helped to have him for the playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ones that got worse than last year after they all got miraculously better after the fall last year. If you don't know, now you know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again, what teams are you implying lost kids to age verification? FCA is the only one I am aware of[/quote]

Not the original poster but last years Elite division included at least 3 laugh out loud roster changes from the fall to the spring. True Chesapeake, FCA, LTLC.

Again, TC, FCA, LTLC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LTLC lost a couple to age verification and was better than last year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again, what teams are you implying lost kids to age verification? FCA is the only one I am aware of

Not the original poster but last years Elite division included at least 3 laugh out loud roster changes from the fall to the spring. True Chesapeake, FCA, LTLC.

Again, TC, FCA, LTLC[/quote]

TC had zero roster changes from fall to spring. You weren’t allowed to tryout last summer if you didn’t meet the new requirements.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone patting themselves on back??

Still plenty of holdbacks, just that they are summer holdbacks now, not Winter and Spring holdbacks along with them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LTLC lost a couple to age verification and was better than last year

Because they did not lose as much as the other holdback filled teams and they were fortunate to gain on-age talent who were actually getting coached and playing rather than riding the bench and playing defense against the starting 6.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is sad and shows what parents will do, prior to the whole Grade based league, 10 years ago everyone was on age for grade and played the U leagues, yes most were two years age difference, But no one cared as every other year you were the older player. There were a couple that were born in summer and shouldn't have been playing with their group. People looked the other way as no one cared, it was so few,

Once HOCO director did his thing with grade base to accommodate his son who went to a MIAA school and was a holdback, ( now graduated from college) , the whole hold back thing exploded in Baltimore. One guy and one league was a big part of the whole holdback thing, not only reason with early recruiting ( long gone now) , but a huge part, Guy is long gone from his position .

I doubt it gets back to 10 years ago, as it is an advantage and parents want it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still plenty of holdbacks, just that they are summer holdbacks now, not Winter and Spring holdbacks along with them.

Sorry your son was born in May. Are you also upset about 8u, 10u, 12u, 14u rec leagues?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry your son was born in May. Are you also upset about 8u, 10u, 12u, 14u rec leagues?

Yes, I am . But he is a June and holdback. Gets to play with his grade. Easy one of better players on club team. Other son isnt as lucky but is on a tear. February holdback playing up, Doing well to the BS of having to play on age instead of grade. Still holding his on and starting. Cant wait until HS when he drops down a level/grade . Already see his potential with MS team.

Rec leagues are mainly for public school players, Both mine are in MIAA A schools . Two things all parents know here, It is competitive and you need to do what it takes to compete so either drop out or dont complain if you dont like it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who was the HOCO director and Kid? Asking for a friend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tournaments is everyone playing in?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who was the HOCO director and Kid? Asking for a friend.

10 years ago..All people are gone, really doesnt matter. All HOCO leagues at the time were age based. Only league run by Howard County not age based was Lacrosse. Didnt need to be Perry Mason to figure out why. I along with several others wrote to admin . Nothing. So they and HOCO all should share in Hall Of Shame of lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it's still the same director. But his kid is gone.

Speaking of HS- there is an interesting discussion on the hs thread about HS program size.

Eye opening. Fellow parents of 29s, be aware the size of programs. Always good to now what you are getting into before you choose a club or HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks that way. It’s a great example of what holdbacks do to a team. Lack of development for most of the kids as they sat around and watched other players (who are t there anymore) do all the work in practices and games. Now tell me holdbacks don’t make a difference.
So the coach doesn't develop his players and it's the kid's fault? Interesting take.

No, just helps the ones they believe will help win. Now you have what you have. Injuries are part of sports and life. Again, tell me holdbacks don’t make a difference.

Skilled players make a difference. Whether they are born a few months earlier than another kid is irrelevant. None of the scary holdbacks at this age group are "years" older. Sure there are some kids who hit puberty sooner, or have giants somewhere in their lineage. Are you also suggesting we separate by weight classes?

As the poster above alluded, there are those coaches (and parents) who only care about optics and winning at all costs, and then there are those who recognize the benefit of teamwork and training. Obviously you are in the former group, unable to see past the forest for the trees.
Or born 23 months earlier, you clown

Nice come back; very emotional and devoid of any facts. Who in the 2029s is 23 months older? The only one wearing clown shoes is you. I can't wait to read your posts in high school!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The regular season must be over. The useless conversations are back. I would love to see these people in a padded room together and see them go at it. Once they come out they can see that the world os still the same place standing next to each other on the sidelines reliving their youth together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NAL schedule is out. Who are top teams in each pool? I’ve got WCS, Igloo, Mad LAX, Mad Dog Natl, and Hawks.

Like Reply Quote
Page 65 of 68 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 68
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard