BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,825
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 100 of 101 1 2 98 99 100 101
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Get YOUR information straight you lost the first game 9-8 to Fairfield (anyone can see in the app), hence the LOSERS bracket is where you ended up (where you guys belong, not b/c of your kids b/c of your coaches). You went 1-2 get the facts straight.[/quote)
Daniello gave fairfield the win in a lopsided loss, however, kept Greeley in winners bracket and did not disqualify the team. If they were in the losers bracket, they would not have played Docs, the eventual tournament winner. For what it is worth.. those are the facts. Again, the particular player in questions, plays for the team, they didn't bring in a ringer for one tournament. That is why there were not disqualified. Can we all move on now and stop talking about youth lacrosse, its youth lacrosse. Pretty good games on tap with beautiful weather FINALLY!
Why is that player even on the team to begin with ? New Canaan along with the rest of Fairfield have some pretty robust youth lacrosse programs. And there are plenty of kids that can play for GYL. But, intsead of building a program and developing players from the ground up, they’d rather try to put teams together in some odd quest to “dominate” youth lacrosse.

What benefit is this to the larger lacrosse community at Greely?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
<Michael Jackson Eating Popcorn>
All of us eating popcorn. Who knew, Greeley is the cess pool of lacrosse. The town equivalent of Predators.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why on earth would you bring kids in from other towns for your town youth program? How does that develop the kids in your town and get them ready for hs?

You may not win as many games but what you do is prevent those 3-4 kids who aren’t “there yet” for whatever reason from getting meaningful development.

Someone said it earlier, the people who run Greeley lacrosse have completely lost perspective. The HS coach should be livid about this and I can’t believe he would let happen. Have to believe he doesn’t know it’s happening which is also not a good look.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is 100% correct, both Cesspools. And they are all complicit including the HS coach, who has the best offense in section 1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why on earth would you bring kids in from other towns for your town youth program? How does that develop the kids in your town and get them ready for hs?

You may not win as many games but what you do is prevent those 3-4 kids who aren’t “there yet” for whatever reason from getting meaningful development.

Someone said it earlier, the people who run Greeley lacrosse have completely lost perspective. The HS coach should be livid about this and I can’t believe he would let happen. Have to believe he doesn’t know it’s happening which is also not a good look.
The face you make when you realize the HS coach is all on board with it because they’re the reason he’s the coach. It’s all a big sham so they can run the show. It’s daddy ball run amok.
As always, it’s the kids that pay the price. And for what?
That youth and high school program as a result have been set back years because of their antics. No one will go coach there. Many parents are angry, they’re losing players and next year is probably going they’ll lose more.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can’t speak on Greeley, but I definitely concur on preds being a cesspool of club lacrosse in this area lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
which is worse Preds or Express North

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Close one but I’d say Preds is worse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the massively bloated rosters of EN and their lack of recruiting all at the low low low price of 4k takes the cake !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the massively bloated rosters of EN and their lack of recruiting all at the low low low price of 4k takes the cake !!
This is truly a great debate. I say Preds is worse because theyre just bad people doing this as a side gig. At least Express is tied to a large brand with some half decent people (not the 2025 coach) involved. Preds top to bottom are people I dont want influencing my son. NO, we did not get cut. We left because it was not good lacrosse, not good price and very not good people. MM is biggest laxhole on the planet. Stay away!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So here’s the question.

If you’re not Prime Time , Eclipss. And you don’t like EN and Preds. Then where?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So here’s the question.

If you’re not Prime Time , Eclipss. And you don’t like EN and Preds. Then where?
There is always a home you can find, there are plenty of clubs to play - and in no particular order: 91, True, Ballers, Warriors. on the CT side: Wolves, Grizzlies, Dragons, Surge

There are plenty.

Now, for that higher level for the recruiting level it narrows of course, but there is plenty of places for a kid to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure Express North won the world series at this level last year so comparing them to preds is a bit of a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great message. Plenty of teams to play for in this area.

Just don’t go to preds or Express and expect to have a good experience for your child. Toxic environments run by poor role models.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure Express North won the world series at this level last year so comparing them to preds is a bit of a joke.

at the end of the day, Prime Time is the only program that gets their kids to the finish line . 10 plus kids to big time D1 every single year!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is truly a great debate. I say Preds is worse because theyre just bad people doing this as a side gig. At least Express is tied to a large brand with some half decent people (not the 2025 coach) involved. Preds top to bottom are people I dont want influencing my son. NO, we did not get cut. We left because it was not good lacrosse, not good price and very not good people. MM is biggest laxhole on the planet. Stay away!
I detest to beat this dead horse, but it needs to be said with other comments here: What high schools do the 2025 Express guys coach at?

More and more people are connecting the dots now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great message. Plenty of teams to play for in this area.

Just don’t go to preds or Express and expect to have a good experience for your child. Toxic environments run by poor role models.
I don't think we can paint with as broad a brush here. Looking at the coaching rosters of both programs there are some great coaches there.
Any group has the ones you want to stay away from but to say the entire organization is bad, I don't think is all that fair. Parents vote with their money, they see value - whatever that means to them - in them and the fact they are fairly healthy with a lot of kids, given how many choices there are out there says something too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

at the end of the day, Prime Time is the only program that gets their kids to the finish line . 10 plus kids to big time D1 every single year!!

2way and Eclipse definitely get the job done too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Back to the High School Side

Jay and Somers had a battle for the league last night. Some early jitters it seemed for Somers but they made a storm in the 4th coming back and rattling off 6 unanswered goals to tie it. Jay came out on top in this, but both these teams are dangerous going into the playoff picture.

Rye handled Scarsdale and Lakeland with a W heading into Murphy Cup weekend.

Playoffs setting up.

There are going to be some interesting teams not making playoffs this year.

Matchups for today:
Yorktown/Mahopac. Will be 'Town easily. Mahopac has a last chance to make something out of an otherwise forgettable season
Greely/Mamo : Greely with the last chance to show they can hang with the big names before playoff time. This will be a test to see where each team with less than a week to go.
Tappan Zee should do alright vs. Clarkstown S.
Arlington/Carmel is a nice game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sectional Championship matchup predictions for A/B/C/D if season ended today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sectional Championship matchup predictions for A/B/C/D if season ended today?
A Mamo- Lakeland
B Somers-Yorktown
C Rye-JJCR
D Pleasantville-Westlake or Haldane

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D Pleasantville vs. Bronxville

C JJ vs. Rye

B Somers vs. Yorktown

A Mamaroneck vs. Scarsdale

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great win for Greeley over Mamaroneck today. Congrats to the kids especially their senior goalie who stood on his head by making 17 saves in the victory. fool how the Greeley parents went on this forum before the season talking about some random freshman when they have a good senior. Then again, Greeley parents will always be Greeley parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

C JJ vs. Rye

B Somers vs. Yorktown

Seedings will likely not allow many of these matchups to happen in the final.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

C JJ vs. Rye

B Somers vs. Yorktown

JJ and Rye are solidly the 1-2 Tappan Zee might have 1 more loss this year but Jay should win out. Same with rye.
Only change with Yorktown and Somers will be which is the 1 vs 2
Mamo Carmel are tied as of now and will play each other so head to head if tied moved Mamo up to 1
Pleasantville and Westlake unlikely to lose the rest of the way. Bronxville will likely be the 8 seed. It really depends on which side of the bracket they end up on if they see P’ville in the semis vs finals

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

C JJ vs. Rye

B Somers vs. Yorktown

JJ and Rye are solidly the 1-2 Tappan Zee might have 1 more loss this year but Jay should win out. Same with rye.
Mamo Carmel are tied as of now and will play each other so head to head if tied moved Mamo up to 1
Pleasantville and Westlake unlikely to lose the rest of the way. Bronxville will likely be the 8 seed. It really depends on which side of the bracket they end up on if they see P’ville in the semis vs finals

TZ can drop as low as 4 if they lose to Bronxville and Sleepy wins out. You are right though in that Rye and JJ should be the top 2 if they don't slip up - and set up a very likely final.
As for Mamaroneck-Carmel, head to head is irrelevant (unless they made very recent changes I am unaware of it). Seeding is a function of average points per Section 1 game.
In D, Westlake and Pleasantville will flip flop if Pville loses to Somers. Bronxville will do a lot of climbing, especially if they can beat TZ.
If Scarsdale loses to Mamo, it seems very unlikely that these teams will be bracketed for a final matchup. The seeding will probably not permit it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

C JJ vs. Rye

B Somers vs. Yorktown

TZ can drop as low as 4 if they lose to Bronxville and Sleepy wins out. You are right though in that Rye and JJ should be the top 2 if they don't slip up - and set up a very likely final.
As for Mamaroneck-Carmel, head to head is irrelevant (unless they made very recent changes I am unaware of it). Seeding is a function of average points per Section 1 game.
In D, Westlake and Pleasantville will flip flop if Pville loses to Somers. Bronxville will do a lot of climbing, especially if they can beat TZ.
If Scarsdale loses to Mamo, it seems very unlikely that these teams will be bracketed for a final matchup. The seeding will probably not permit it.

I based my thoughts on "if the season ended today" AS of now they are tied - with a head-to-head coming, I don't see this staying as is. There will be alot of movement between now and Tuesday, but I think the 1-2 matchups will eventually be fairly obvious as listed above

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For what it's worth the tiebreakers for seedings are:
1. Head-to-Head (if teams played same number of times)
2. Common opponent (if teams played same number of times)
3. Overall average of bonus points earned by the number of games played in Section 1 *
4. Winning percentage
5. Total number of wins (in Section)
6. Total number of wins against qualifying teams in your respective classification
7. Total number of wins against top 4 seeds in classification (or of those teams above you)
8. Random draw (1st team drawn)

I don't see it being much of an issue. Last year I think 1 or two tie breakers changed some seedings in the middle of the pack that meant a team had to travel rather than host like a 4/5 seeded game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

C JJ vs. Rye

B Somers vs. Yorktown

In C, these last few games have some big seeding impact. Somers/RYE is HUGE. A Rye win puts them in the 1 spot, a loss could drop them to 4.

TZ lost to Bronxville yesterday but a win vs. Suffern and a Rye loss to Somers would put TZ at the 3 over Rye. This would kind of @ChillLaxin to have a Rye/John Jay rematch as a semi-final game.
Rye controls their own destiny. A win versus Somers even with JJCR winning out (Carmel and L/P) puts them in a tie with JJCR and they have the Head-to-head
JJCR winning out secures the 1 unless Rye beats Somers, but I don't see JJCR dropping below 2. Sleepy can't get higher than 3 in this scenario

now lets go down the rabbit hole where he real fun happens!
If TZ beats Suffern, JJCR loses one of the last two. that puts JJCR and TZ in a tie and goes to common opponents - Jay wins out as TZ lost to Greeley and JJCR beat them (They both beat FL and BH) - and we haven't started on Sleepy or Hen Hud.

The fool scenario is Somers beats Rye, Jay loses one and TZ loses to Suffern. Toss Sleepy winning out in the mix and just for kicks Hen Hud wins out too and you have 2 ties (JJC/TZ and Hen Hud/Rye!):
1. Sleepy Hollow
2. JJCR (has Tiebreaker over TZ)
3. TZ
4. Rye (wins TB over HH)
5. Hen Hud

To sum up: Wait until Tuesday night when the seedings come out...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love it. Anyone have scenarios for A, B, D?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't see a ton of movement at the top for B.
Again, the Somers/Rye game seems to have the most impact (A loss arguably hurts Rye more than Somers), but some things on the line for Murphy Cup beyond bragging rights and the Cup too:

Yorktown and Somers are the 1-2 even with a Somers loss to Rye
That can swap if Yorktown has a loss in either their last 2 (Carmel, L/P) AND Somers beats Rye or P'Ville. but thats it - see: Murphy Cup. If they both win out, It's Yorktown 1, Somers 2. Somers can afford 1 loss and stay the 2
Greeley is basically a lock at the 3 unless they have a stumble in their last 2 games (Arlington and North Rockland), 1 loss or more and they drop to 4. They'll be Somers watching too.
Lakeland/Panas is likely a 4, but they can knock Yorktown to the 2. They can get as high as 3 if Greeley loses both remaining games but they need at least one win as well.

The nightmare scenario for Somers is they lose both remaining games. That would see Greely move up to the 2 and they drop as low as 4th, depending on what L/P does - L/P would also have to win out to make that happen.

Somers is firmly in the drivers seat for B. Murphy Cup has a lot on the line too. L/P & Greeley need to win out and scoreboard watch Somers to have any positive movement. Bottom Line, if Somers wins 1 game, It's Yorktown, Somers, Greeley, L/P as the top 4. Somers needs to win out and get help to improve to 1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D is basically Pleasantville then everyone else, if I am being Honest.
Losing to Somers would make them the 2 behind Westlake. Barring an upset, Westlake is likely to finish undefeated.
The next 3 all basically play each other still so there is too many scenarios to parse out but they'll be some combo of the 3,4,5
Bronxville will be in the mix there, if they win out they should be the 4, which sets up a final with P'ville (assuming they stay the 1)

A is similar to D outside the top two except its all a mess.
Wapp needs a win just to be in right now (Arlington or Mahopac)
I think it's gonna be a 1-3 for Mamo and Scarsdale which makes it a semi-final game. Carmel can control their own destiny winning out but Mahopac, Yorktown, JJCR. Use your judgement there. BUT losing all three, if Scarsdale has 1 loss (Mamo, New Ro) They drop to 4 and Carmel is the 3 in that scenario.

That makes the Scarsdale-Mamo the final again.

WP, Arlington, Suffern, NR will all shuffle a lot between now and Tuesday so it's hard to paint all those multiple scenarios, there's just too many right now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok so there you have it. Preds are worse. They win nothing and look like it in doing so. EN won something so they are still as toxic but you may win. So its decided, Preds are most toxic and worst program around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playoffs in section are too easy to qualify for.

We are looking at 5-6 teams with only 4 wins in the playoffs. The bar to qualify should be much higher. Looking back the last two years, nearly all the first round games weren’t close. Most were blowouts. It’s great to have teams in the playoffs and teams get more games, but these are not high quality games. There’s a couple of good 8/9 games but that’s all.

Keeping the playoffs to the top 8 teams in each class would eliminate the first round and extend regular season another couple of days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great win for Greeley over Mamaroneck today. Congrats to the kids especially their senior goalie who stood on his head by making 17 saves in the victory. fool how the Greeley parents went on this forum before the season talking about some random freshman when they have a good senior. Then again, Greeley parents will always be Greeley parents.
That was a good win for them. Goalie played outstanding as he has in a lot of spots this season.

fool Greeley parents saying things here when they don't know they're talking about? You don't say...
(That wasn't any random freshman either - they name checked him. Put that together with the more recent posts and you can see the picture more cleary)

Now look at the result, instead of enjoying a good win and rightfully being celebrated for it, it's being clouded by the antics of a small group of parents with an agenda.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are looking at 5-6 teams with only 4 wins in the playoffs. The bar to qualify should be much higher. Looking back the last two years, nearly all the first round games weren’t close. Most were blowouts. It’s great to have teams in the playoffs and teams get more games, but these are not high quality games. There’s a couple of good 8/9 games but that’s all.

Keeping the playoffs to the top 8 teams in each class would eliminate the first round and extend regular season another couple of days.

But how do you choose the 8 teams? The team that achieved a gaudy record playing only cupcakes, or the team that played a tough schedule and lost a lot of close games?

The way it is set up now is the lesser of several evils.

BTW the top programs like the current set up because it allows them to play top programs out of the section - to keep kids from leaving - and still qualify. Lesser programs like it because it ensures entry. So basically no one will want to scrap it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But how do you choose the 8 teams? The team that achieved a gaudy record playing only cupcakes, or the team that played a tough schedule and lost a lot of close games?

BTW the top programs like the current set up because it allows them to play top programs out of the section - to keep kids from leaving - and still qualify. Lesser programs like it because it ensures entry. So basically no one will want to scrap it.
While I have some issues with the current system, you can keep the same formula and make the cutoff at the top 8 of each class make the playoffs.

The issue with the system as it stands is a team can theoretically play 16 games against .500 teams, only win 4 and you are in the playoffs. I like the bonus points you get for playing tougher teams, and it allows you to play out of section and not be punished for doing so. I have no problem there. The threshold to qualifying is too low.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While I have some issues with the current system, you can keep the same formula and make the cutoff at the top 8 of each class make the playoffs.

The issue with the system as it stands is a team can theoretically play 16 games against .500 teams, only win 4 and you are in the playoffs. I like the bonus points you get for playing tougher teams, and it allows you to play out of section and not be punished for doing so. I have no problem there. The threshold to qualifying is too low.

The bonus point system does not necessarily benefit you for playing tougher teams in many instances. A mediocre team that plays a soft scheduled generates bonus points for their opponents, while sometimes a better team that plays (and loses) a tough schedule does not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The bonus point system does not necessarily benefit you for playing tougher teams in many instances. A mediocre team that plays a soft scheduled generates bonus points for their opponents, while sometimes a better team that plays (and loses) a tough schedule does not.
Except, that's exactly what it is designed to do: reward teams that play tougher schedules. Look at Mahopac and Rye Neck. They have 6 wins between them and they both on the verge of making playoffs. Mahopac has only won 2 games (8 points) but has 13 bonus points. They are one win away from qualifying. Had the bonus points not been there for the opponents they played - and THEIR. - schedules, they'd be nowhere near making it in this year. Mahopac got bonus points and double from nearly every team they played this year.

Now, They deserve credit for the schedule they played. I argue that a 2-3 win team shouldn't be in the playoffs, but that is the system we have. The formula is unlikely to change and I was the original one that suggested we limit it to the top 8 seeds in each class. That is 32 of 50 teams in the section. That's over 60% of the total teams make the playoffs still.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a final day of the season no one predicted:
Carmel over Yorktown
L/P over Jay
Somers takes P’ville to OT before dropping a heartbreaker.

Like Reply Quote
Page 100 of 101 1 2 98 99 100 101
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard